The scoop on 'Seeds4change_ny'

Seeds4change_ny

Schenectady, New York 12305 (United States)

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Company Comment, posted on November 13, 2010:
Mission:
We are dedicated to making the world a more beautiful place, one garden at a time. Seeds4change_NY strives to provide customers with a superior customer service team, unbeatable shipping time, and a large selection of the highest quality seeds at affordable prices for gardeners of all skill levels.

Products:
Seeds4change_NY offers a wide variety of premium quality seeds and spores for the home garden. Our ever expanding catalog includes annual and perennial flowers, herbs, vegetables, flowering shrubs, ferns, native plants, and ornamental grasses.

We invite you to join us on Facebook:

We will be using this forum to post helpful gardening tips, news about our future products and information to help you make the most out of your garden spaces. Our new Facebook friends will receive one free gift packet with their next order for joining.

Comments:

Negative SeniorGardening
Sullivan, IN
October 9, 2014
I planted some Double Brocade gloxinia seed from Seeds4Change_ny on September 7. The fifteen seeds supplied produced only five plants.

When I complained to the company on October 8, they first questioned my planting technique, then stalled on doing anything, and finally refused to take any responsibility for selling bad seed.

The customer service rep continued to insist the gloxinia seed was pelleted, which it was not. She also questioned whether I'd planted their seed or some from another vendor. Unfortunately for them, I had planted their seed side-by-side with other Double Brocade seed from another vendor...which germinated quite well. And, I'd carefully labeled the plantings.

I'm fairly experienced at growing gloxinias from seed.
While I'm getting old, I don't get a simple seeding of two packets of seed mixed up.

Here's the final email from Seeds4Change's Rachel:

"While I do understand your disappointment with the germination results, as I stated in my previous correspondence, we do not guarantee individual results. All of our seeds are professionally tested by a third party prior to sale to ensure that seeds are viable. The seeds you purchased from us were in pelleted form. We currently ONLY offer the Brocade Mix in pelleted form. If yours were not, perhaps the seeds you have sown were not our seeds at all? To date, we have had no other complaints regarding issues with germination to support that any contamination may have occurred. I have attached a photo displaying the germination test results provided by our supplier. Again, this is our confirmation that the seeds sold to you have been professionally tested and are not faulty."

While Seeds4Change may sell a lot of good seed, I was unlucky enough to get inferior seed from them (33% germination). Obviously from their own words, they don't back their seed. After dealing with them on this seed, I won't be using them again.

Company representative comment on October 9, 2014:
On Oct 9, 2014 2:34 PM, Seeds4change_ny responded with:

Buyer stated that the seed purchased from us was not in pelleted form. As we only stock this item in pelleted form, it seems that the buyer has made an error regarding where he purchased this product. All of our seed is fresh and professionally tested by an independent third party prior to sale. These tests returned an 86% success rate for our current stock. Individual results can vary depending on temperature/soil conditions and planting methods. A merchandise credit was offered as a courtesy to the buyer but was refused. Buyer threatened negative feedback would be left on numerous sites should he not receive a full refund. Our refund policy is provided in each of our product listings which clearly states that refunds are offered only in the event that the species is not as stated.

Positive dmac085
Greensboro, NC (Zone 7a)
January 28, 2013
Had a great shopping experience here and would happily order seed from them again. Great customer service/communication as well.
Positive ritualchanges
Fort Kent, ME
May 28, 2011
This seller had just what I needed and courteously responded quickly to my initial question about quantity per packet. I purchased one packet of seeds and they promptly arrived in a secure package just three days later with a nice photo and planting instructions. Although I have grown this plant before, I am certainly looking forward to planting these beautiful Star of David--Okra seeds. I expect to buy from this A++ seller again.
Positive squinch
Asheville, NC
April 2, 2011
Prompt, courteous service, excellent packaging with information and beautiful seeds. I will shop with them again for hard to find seeds, their cost cannot be beat.
Positive SweetischChef
Lansing, MI
March 14, 2011
Seeds4Change_NY was very prompt in responding to emails & mailing the seeds, which came with photos and clear instructions. They also included a bonus packet of seeds that I was surprised and quite happy to receive.
Positive weravet
Wappingers Falls, NY
February 5, 2011
The company shipped my order quickly. I very please with the courtesy and the price. I would refer and purchase more plants from Seeds4change.ny. Very knowledgeable staff about the plants within my planting zone
Positive naomijm
Middletown, DE
January 11, 2011
I received my items promptly. The seed packets had color photos with all the needed information for growing and they were well packaged. This is an A+ seller!