The scoop on 'Coastal Gardens & Nursery'

Coastal Gardens & Nursery

4611 Socastee Boulevard
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29588 (United States)

Phone: (843) 293-2000

Visit Coastal Gardens & Nursery at:

Comments:

Positive Pompom0551
Rawlings, MD (Zone 6a)
July 10, 2014
Coastal Gardens is an amazing nursery! I have visited there many, many times and have purchased rare plants for my daughter's yard. It is not open to the public anymore unfortunately since there was a death in the family and Ursala is very busy. To discount the negative remark, he was undoubtly talking to the owner, and not an employee. She has her hands full and is a very talented person.
Positive myrtleman34
myrtle beach
United States (Zone 8a)
November 10, 2010
This is my hometown garden center where most of my fruit trees have come from! I would recommend these guys to anyone in the Myrtle Beach area.
Negative taikenison
July 1, 1998
I just got off the phone with someone at Coastal, who was quite rude and short with me. I simply wanted to request a catalog or price list! She did a lot of sighing and barked her requests like: Name! Street! City! Zip code! She ended the conversation with, "We are very busy doing other things right now, but you WILL get your catalog!" I'm not sure if I'm going to order anything with customer service like that. I was simply requesting a catalog; imagine my treatment if there was actually a problem or request.
Positive LanceFricken
November 1, 1997
I ordered from this company for the first time this year. They have a tremendous selection of Hostas at the best prices I have seen. When I received my order, which was placed in early Summer, I was surprised to see a quite large box with very happy, healthy full-grown Hostas inside, just as if I had gone down to the local nursery to purchase them. The root systems were terrific, with some dirt left around them. Although they were not terribly well wrapped in newspaper and plastic tape, and were somewhat dry, the Hostas did not seem to care. Really, Hostas are tough plants. It was quite hot that week, but they have all four thrived and done exceedingly well in my garden. The only problem was that one Hosta had quite a few broken leaves, as it was too big to fit in the box, but it will just be ugly for a few weeks. Anyhow, these folks are a little hard to contact, but when I faxed them about the broken leaves on the one Hosta they faxed me right back the next day telling me how to deal with the problem. I would recommend trying them for your next Hosta purchase, at least! They also list some of their own introductions and other miscellaneous plants that are rather difficult to find.