The scoop on 'Burlington Rose Nursery'

Burlington Rose Nursery

24865 Rd 164
Visalia, California 93292 (United States)

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Positive mcgriffin
Milwaukee, WI
May 30, 2014
I have ordered twice from this company now and both experiences have been excellent. Burling is very quick to respond via email and is very patient in the ordering process. Don't be turned off by the lack of website, these are quality, own root roses with great customer service. You won't be disappointed.
Positive stoverjeff
Monterey County, CA (Zone 9b)
June 16, 2013
I went to Burling's nursery in May 2013. I purchased about 20 plants from her and they are doing great. Beyond the great roses, she is a wealth of information and is passionate about roses. She gave me the grand tour and offered advice about growing and breeding roses. She definitely should be on everybody's list to order roses from.
Positive googoo
North Aurora, IL
April 26, 2013
I ordered 10 roses from Burlington, one for my sister in CA. I kept changing my order, and changed the date of shipping due to late frost. Burling is always patient, prompt, and professional. I give her a 10 for excellent customer service.

She's also conscientious about giving her customers the best. Double Delight is wimpy as own-root, so she gave me an extra one, to make up for the small-size. She also gave me a free rose, since I recommended my neighbor. The roots of her band-size are big, and establish quickly. She politely informed me that I'm limited to 2 changes in my order in the future. I'm happy with that.
Positive May_Z
Grass Valley, CA (Zone 9a)
October 12, 2012
I recently found Burlington roses when trying to locate a rose that was difficult to find---English Miss. Burlington Roses has an extensive list of roses (ah temptation!) I contacted Burling Leong about availability of English Miss, and got a lightening fast reply. My experience was fabulous start to finish. Burling gave me English Miss free, saying it was small. But when received, I was impressed with the health of the band, as well as the other 3 other rose bands I had ordered, with Yvonne Rabier sporting a delciate bud. Burling made suggestions based on my tastes, and was incredibly accurate as well as attentive and helpful. Her communication is fabulous. The roses are healthy and hold a great deal of promise.

I can't wait to order more roses after going over her list this winter. The service is superior, the quality of the bands is top notch. The prices and shipping are far below anyone else's that I saw. I am really pleased to have found this source for roses! Although you order off a list and via email, I did not find this a problem. Highly recommend.
Positive John2112
Seattle, WA
May 10, 2012
I recently ordered three roses from Burlington Roses, and for the price, I was very pleased. All came well packed and healthy. While small, they were really the same size, if not better in some areas, than own root cuttings I've paid much more for from other nurseries. Also, within the last few weeks, all have been growing well, even forming new basal growth.
Customer service and email response is also top notch. All questions and inquiries were answered rapidly. I will be ordering again soon.
Positive musaboru
Ontario, CA
April 7, 2012
I placed an order last weekend and Burling had my plants ready to ship by Monday! Highly recommended if you would like band sized roses at affordable prices. And if you live in California the shipping is insanely cheap (only $5.24 to ship two band roses for me).

One of the roses I received even had a bud on it already! In the picture link below you can see my roses straight out of the box. (They are a little droopy due to the box sitting in the sun but perked right back up within a few hours).
Positive strawberryhill
5a, IL
March 30, 2012
Posted on February 10, 2012, updated March 30, 2012
Burlington has the best price for own-roots in band-size. She has a large selection of 160 mini-roses, and 389 big roses to choose from. The shipping cost is low. I ordered 12 roses (7 mini and 5 big roses), and the total cost was only $133 including shipping charge.

I changed my order at least 6 times on her - and she's always nice and prompt in accomodating her customers. I highly recommend Burlington for prompt and pleasant customer service.

On March 30th, 2012, strawberryhill added the following:

I received my roses - I am very happy with the quality of shipping and the health of the roses. It's the best shipping I have seen. Many of the roses have buds, and almost 1 foot tall. Burlington knows roses well, and I should had chosen what she had recommended for my climate. She may not have a website or a catalog, but she gave the most prompt customer service, the best price, and very healthy roses.

Positive GreenandGrowing7
Marcola, OR
October 16, 2011
This is a great nursery with an extensive list of rose varieties at very reasonable prices. Burling is a joy to work with - she answers emails promptly and is available by phone as well.
She goes out of her way to make sure the customer is treated right.

The bands I have ordered from her are very healthy and are often not easy to find elsewhere. The roses are packaged well to avoid stress during shipping. I will definitely order from Burlington Roses again and would suggest you do the same. You will be glad you did!
Positive grownsk
Star City, AR
August 11, 2011
I ordered four bands from this company. Burling was very quick to ship my plants to me. All of my emails were answered promptly with a few of them falling over the weekend. The roses arrived in good shape and are nice in size. In my past experiences I would rate their size as bigger than Heirloom Roses and either the same or a little smaller than RVR but for a better price. Burlington roses most impressed me with the shipping costs. It was by far one of the cheapest ones I have come across and as far as I can tell they are the farthest away.

I highly recommend this company to anyone who is wanting a quality rose band at a fair price.
Positive Madisonwigarden
Middleton, WI
May 5, 2011
This is as close as you can get to the now closed Nor'East Roses Company -- regarding quality and quantity of roses. The roses are exquisite, and Burling has taken over many of the Ralph Moore miniature roses, as well as other strains. She does have many kinds of roses, though I only purchased minis. My emails with questions were promptly answered, roses were shipped quickly, packaging was great, arriving happy and healthy. Burling made an error by shipping a rose I didn't request, inadvertantly leaving out one I did request, and she immediately shipped - at her expense - the rose I didn't get, telling me to keep the one that came to me in error. Please note: you have to email Burling to get the current rose list, which is just that -- a list. Her website does not have photos of roses. Once you get the list, I suggest going to helpmefind.com to look up photos of any particular rose you are interested in to see it, then email Burling with the ones you want, and she will send you a confirmation. Pay with paypal and you're done. Great rose company!
Positive ooiholmes
Pittsburgh, PA
April 28, 2011
Posted on September 15, 2010, updated April 28, 2011
I bought several roses from Burling. Very pleased with my purchase. Roses are reasonably priced and well packaged. Burling will return your call if she is not there. I will definitely buy from her again if she has the cultivar I want. She has Nor' East miniature roses (Scentsation Series) if anyone is interested.
On April 28th, 2011, ooiholmes added the following:

I ordered from Burling again this year. Again I am very pleased with my purchase which arrived this morning. I bought several strongly scented Noreast roses. She is such a pleasure to buy from. One rose was on the small side and she never charged me for it. You dont get such generosity and decency these days. I will continue to buy from her :) and her prices remains fair!
Positive gardeningjan
Lake Ozark, MO (Zone 6a)
April 20, 2011
Burling is the nicest person to work with, I had never ordered roses from Burlington and it had been over 8 years since ordering mail order roses so was suprised at how the prices had increased. I hate to say, I picked the least expensive nursery but so happy with the results. One of the roses I wanted was too small to sell but Burling said she'd give it to me free! Well, that rose is doing very well even with this yo-yo spring we're having here in Missouri!
Positive shauss
March 1, 2011
Very pleased with the roses from Burling. Outstanding communication--the best I've had with any rose vendor, and I've used several.
Positive vossner
Richmond, TX (Zone 9a)
September 23, 2010
Her selection of unique roses is impressive. Burling is very personable and knowledgeable. I got gallon plants and bands. The bands are healthy and strong enough to be planted inground this fall. Do not hesitate to buy from this nursery.
Positive revolutionaryma
Granada Hills, CA
July 23, 2010
My first time ordering. Most reasonably priced online rose vendor I believe. The band roses were very healthy and well packed. Because I'm in California also, I received the shipment in one day so plants were minimally stressed. I found Burling to be very responsive and a pleasure to do business with. I will definitely always check her first as a source for my wish list from now on.