The scoop on 'The Arboreum Company'

The Arboreum Company

Morgan Hill, California 95128 (United States)

Comments:

Negative pinkyfinx
Westerville, OH
June 27, 2014
I ordered 4 trees from this company. Then I updated my order and added 2 more. I was shipped the second order but not the first. I never received the first order and emailed multiple times regarding the missing trees. They responded weeks later to clarify what trees were missing. It's been well over a month and I've yet to receive a response to my reply or my money back. They offer really awesome sounding varieties, but it's not worth the hassle of not being able to contact them and not getting your order.

Further, the two trees I did order were small and leafed out (but bare root!) when I received them. They are currently doing well in my garden so I have high hopes for them, but they were definitely not the nicest trees I received this spring.
Positive MrsG47
Newport, RI
United States
May 6, 2013
The Arboreum Company has the best trees for sale over the internet. The root systems of the trees they sell are huge. Their communication is very slow, but be patient they deliver the very best trees. What is also unique to this special nursery is that they sell very unusual and limited quantities of rare varieties. I have ordered trees from almost every mail order(internet) nursery and Arboreum is simply the best. I received my latest 'chinese' peach and 'early crawford' from them last week. They are already sprouting leaves. The trees are very healthy. Mrs. G from Newport, RI.
Neutral birdcrazie
Buffalo, WV
October 13, 2011
Posted on June 15, 2011, updated October 13, 2011
I ordered 6 trees just after Labor Day and waited till early spring for my trees. Just before I received my order I got a letter and a check in the mail that said two of my trees had dried out and they were refunding my money for the missing trees. The check was for two trees. when I got my order there was three trees in the box, two trees were very nice and one was as big as a pencil. Check was for two trees, received 3 trees, one tree still not accounted for. Emailed twice and got an answer and we agreed I would be sent a replacement tree. A few days later I got an email saying the replacement tree was not available and they would refund my money. Months later I have not heard anything from them.
On October 13th, 2011, birdcrazie changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

They have contacted me and I believe they are going to make this right. I have changed my rating to neutral till everything is settled.
Positive AxillaryBud
Thousand Oaks, CA
February 12, 2011
Among the finest propagators of bareroot fruit tree stock I've ever found, and I've been a collector for almost ten years. Good caliper on the stems and--most important--well developed root balls with taproots and strong laterals for maximum second year growth. And yet, what puts them among the elite (like Lee Calhoun, John Bunker, Ram Fishman, Ron Joyner and Neil Collins) are the varieties in which they specialize. Check out these "gnomes," as they call themselves (old, wise men who guard the treasures of the earth) if you want a Merton Bigarreau cherry, a Pallas peach, a Jefferson plum or a Lord Napier nectarine tree without driving through a blizzard to a NAFEX scion exchange. Their unusual varieties have rounded out my rare and heirloom fruit orchard beautifully. Their only problem is marketing (which gnomes know very little about, I suppose)! I only found them through the "grapevine" last year. Hope this helps someone else find them.
Positive TheLoud
Atlanta, GA (Zone 8a)
February 24, 2010
This nursery has varieties that can't be bought anywhere else. They answered all my questions very thoroughly, even though I was in the market for only two trees. My trees were shipped across the country to NY state, but arrived in perfect dormant condition. They were huge, and grew very vigorously their first year. If I had room for more trees, I'd buy them from this great nursery.