The scoop on 'Dimeo Blueberry Farms'

Dimeo Blueberry Farms

3101 Nesco Road
Hammonton, New Jersey 08037 (United States)

Company Comment, posted on April 1, 2010:
Our mission is to grow and sell only the highest quality Non-GMO berries, virus-tested and CERTIFIED “super hardy” 100% natural berry plants and products to home growers, retailers, landscapers and commercial growers from all across America. No one makes plants the old fashioned way like we do or has an operation like ours. When you come to tour our operation, you will see that for yourself. Our commitment is a customer-driven philosophy where the customer's growing success and well-being is placed above all else. Our family does in fact care about the success of every customer, NO MATTER HOW BIG OR HOW SMALL. Our nurseries and experienced farmers are committed to continually educating our plant customers to enable them to make the decisions necessary to maintain healthy plants for a lifetime of enjoyment.

Our CERTIFIED BERRY PLANTS ARE 100% NATURALLY MADE. Unlike others who often try to imitate our long-time family history and operation; our plants are NOT unnaturally made in a lab (where most of our online plant competitors buy all their plants and then they try to re-sell them to you) 98% of them are NOT REAL farmers with a family that now has 4 generations of growing experience and expertise. Our plants are NOT made or grown a greenhouse; because plants that are made-grown in labs or greenhouses are NOT hardy plants. ALSO -- BEWARE OF SOFT TISSUE CULTURE PLANTS AS THEY ARE UNNATURALLY MADE IN A LAB. PLUS SOFT TISSUE CULTURE PLANTS ARE NOT COLD HARDY BECAUSE THEY WERE MADE IN A LAB AND GREENHOUSE. When you attempt to winter them over you will likely lose about 30-40% of your plants come the following year. Our Non-GMO plants are made from HIGH PRODUCTION YIELDING GRADE hardwood cuttings taken direct from certified, virus-tested, grade-A mother plants that produce "ultra-heavy bearing" and SUPER HARDY plants.

WE INVITE YOU TO TAKE A RIDE OUT OR FLY OUT (by appointment only) TO PERSONALLY TOUR OUR IMPRESSIVE OPERATION AND SEE OUR SUPERIOR QUALITY PLANTS FOR YOURSELF. It's been done many times before. People from ALL OVER THE WORLD fly in to learn from our experienced farmers. We are confident that you will “SEE THE DIFFERENCE FOR YOURSELF" and that you will be very impressed with our plants and expertise. We farm and raise berry plants the "old fashioned way" and what we do and how we do it, sets us apart from everyone else. The higher quality of our premium 100% natural plants is well known throughout the industry and the world. PLANT BUYERS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD COME TO OUR FARM & NURSERIES TO BUY OUR PLANTS AND TO LEARN THE RIGHT WAY TO PLANT; START A SUCCESSFUL PYO FARM OR PRODUCTION FARM. They learn from us. You can learn from the pros too. Tremendous time, effort and 12-15 hours of daily hard work, goes into producing our superior quality plants. Our years of repeat business and almost constant referrals are surely a true testament to the excellence of our premium plants and service. Our family cares about our 100 year old farming tradition and all of our valued patrons. Our website has loads of valuable information and FARMER DIRECT TIPS that can’t be found elsewhere.

We provide you with the most complete and detailed planting instructions for success. We strive to provide you with outstanding FARMER-DIRECT customer service and you again for allowing us to serve you. We value your business and look forward to hearing from you. We aim to bring the healthy, safe, home grown aspects of farm living into your daily lives. We hope to teach you our time-tested old-fashioned farming techniques and ways to live a simpler and healthier lifestyle. Sometimes "going back" to the way it was before makes sense - it's like going ahead and moving forward. In these uncertain and unstable economic times, growing your own food is both satisfying and economical. Let us help you return to the land for a better self sufficient lifestyle for you and your family.

We look forward to hearing from you and helping you get started. Always remember to know your farmer and know your food source. Growing your own is playing it safe. WE ONCE AGAIN INVITE YOU TO DRIVE OR FLY OUT TO PERSONALLY TOUR OUR OPERATION TO SEE FOR YOURSELF, THAT THE HIGHER QUALITY OF OUR PLANTS IS FAR SUPERIOR TO ANY OTHERS. NOT TO MENTION THE LOW PRICE FOR WHAT YOU GET WITH US. Thank you for taking interest in our nurseries that produce only the best plants and products.

We look forward to hearing from you and helping you get started. Thank you for your business.

God bless.
DBF

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Negative lucansuch
Haverstraw, NY
August 20, 2014
Like a lot of people I was seduced by their nice website and experienced something quite different. I ordered ten blueberry plants in June with explicit written instructions about shipping. I needed them on a schedule as they were being planted at a summer home that is not always occupied. I also asked to be notified upon shipment so I could make arrangements to go plant them if necessary. Simple and reasonable requests.

Nothing happened for six weeks or so. I emailed them asking (nicely) what the problem was and when they were planning to ship, and I got back a scathing, personal attack, and no hint as to when they would ship. I again asked them to notify me when they do ship.

Last week (late August) I visited the summer home and found that there was a (small) package waiting for me at the Post Office, addressed wrong of course. It had been sitting there for a month and of course the plants were dry and crispy. As several people have mentioned the plants were just twigs and the "root balls" were the size of golf balls. The box, with all ten plants in it, was small enough to carry home on a bicycle, which I did.

I'd read the disclaimer on the web site that all sales were final and didn't feel like fighting with them, so I just ate the $150 (they charged like $46 for shipping; the postage was $11). I hadn't been smart enough to look for reviews before I bought, but apparently you are, and you have been warned.

Negative soesfairview
Fairview, NJ
June 3, 2014
I purchased 5 plants from them last year (2013). None of them ever grew or produced. They are just sticks in a pot. I have other blueberry bushes which are thriving and already producing berries. I called up to ask if possibly there was something I did wrong or anything to that effect. The gentleman (lack of a better word) took the phone from the girl who answered and without hearing anything I said yet told me "We don't guarantee our plants, if they died it's your fault and I am not going to argue with you about it." Guess he must hear this a lot. Anyway avoid this company unless you want to spend a few hundred dollars for some dead sticks. There are more negative reviews then positive and neutral combined, that should tell you something. Buyer beware, they know the plants come DOA and will do nothing. I bought some plants from a local nursery and from home depot and they both are already producing big blue berries. I also bought one plant last year from burpee, it was tiny about 5 inches tall. It survived this terrible winter we had this year in new jersey and is now almost 2 feet tall. Shame on you dimeo farms to treat your customers like this. Your company went down the toilet. Bad experience I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy never mind a friend. AVOID AT ALL COSTS UNLESS YOU LIKE TO BUY DEAD STICKS.
Negative Packers000
East Dubuque, IL
May 28, 2014
Posted on May 28, 2014, updated May 28, 2014
I have to say that I have never been treated so rudely by a mail order company. The first time I called I explained to a woman that the 10 bushes that I had purchased the previous fall did not grow. Her response was to hang up on me. I called later and talked to one of the rudest men I have ever talked to and after I told him that I planted the bushes the day that I received them as they instructed and they failed to grow. His response was "what do you want me to do?". He then hung up on me as well.

I will never deal with company again. Their moto must be that the customer is never right.
On May 28th, 2014, Packers000 changed the rating from neutral to negative and added the following:

Negative champanier
Kerhonkson, NY (Zone 5b)
May 15, 2014
We were impressed by the website's description of how Dimeo's would be happy to talk with customers and help. Although it was a 3 1/2 hour drive each way, we thought it would be worth the trip. We called first and made an appointment as instructed online. As soon as we pulled in, Mr. Dimeo started screaming at us - literally before we got out of the car. He said he didn't have time to sell to us, didn't want to do retail and we should go somewhere else. He was appallingly rude and condescending. I had a list of six varieties, chosen from those listed on the website. He said he could only sell three varieties, because he didn't have time to find more. He kept repeating that sales were cash only, despite my answering that we had cash. I ended up buying a dozen plants, which was far fewer than I had intended. He said $120 wasn't worth his time and literally told his workers to take them out of our car. In retrospect, I wish I hadn't even given him that much business. I can't say strongly enough how misleading the web information is.
Negative MichiganBuyer
Ann Arbor, MI
May 13, 2014
I might consider buying from these people again, BUT only if I were local - but their "guarantee" on bushes is ZERO. I ordered bushes - called about a dead one and was told that they only guarantee the plant until it leaves the farm.

I wish I had known. Buyer beware. If they send you a weak or dying plant, too bad.
Negative TheNightGarden
Schwenksville, PA
May 13, 2014
Called to place order was told I had to buy 2 bushes of only 3 varieties totally 6 bushes. I asked questions & was told he has been in business for over 100 yrs & knows what grows all over the country. He would not sell me anything but what he wanted to sell. I should have read ALL the negative comments. I cancelled my order to pick up the bushes.
I would not trust that you are getting the bushes you want.
Arrogant & disrespectful. Needs to understand & practice customer service.
Negative samarzdietch
North Troy, VT
May 7, 2014
This farm was listed in one of Cornell's Extension publications. I'm in the market for 1800 high bush blueberries for a 2015 planting commercial PYO. Youtube shows some cool videos of their production and land tillage. Their website seems "Customer Friendly'. I contacted them via email and was asked for my number. They called but never left a msg. so still trying to get a name of a real person. All I had was "caller id". They left 2nd email saying they called - still no name. In Northern NE we work on a first name basis, so having a name is critical. I called back and told the woman I was trying to reach the manager who has contacted me via email but he/she didn't leave a name. She repeatedly told me to 'hang on'. (no problem - that's how some of them are in NJ.) A man got on the phone and I asked him for his name. (trying to figure out who was the email contact person since they never signed a name on the email.) He said, "Are you a certified organic grower?" I said, "I'm in process, what's your name?" His anger and frustration didn't match my inquiry. He said, "Look, I've got 3 million plants and don't need your business!" He then hung up on me. Really? There are so many negative reviews at this website for this particular farm. Do they have some moral issue with selling to the 'little 2 acre parcels?" If so, they shouldn't be marketing their YOUTUBE videos and WEBSITE to commercial PYO growers - as that is what I am.
This is a case of discrimination and false advertising, because they refused to do business today and they advertise to the commercial PYO.
Negative donotpanic
May 6, 2014
When you are being yield on the phone: "we are not interested in this order, and I'm not a free consultant" and have the phone hang-up on you, would you do business with a Company showing that much lack of common sense and such a poor customer service? Not surprised to see such high NEGATIVE comments.
Negative ncfarmer
Stratford, NH
April 25, 2014
I ordered ten plants from Dimeo in June. After several months of waiting, I called and expressed concern about the delay in delivery. The woman I spoke to told me to "chill" as it was too hot to ship them. They finally arrived in late October. I live in northern NH and that's pretty late to plant anything. I called and asked if they felt that it would be OK, and was informed rather curtly that they ship blueberries all over the northern U.S. and I shouldn't be concerned. In the spring, I found that two had survived the winter. I called and asked if they would be willing to at least give me a bit of a discount on a re-order. Wow, talk about rude. I was told that they weren't in the business of giving plants away and there was no way they were giving me any discount. I recommend looking elsewhere for your bushes.
Negative groundsgirl
Hillsville, VA
April 25, 2014
I have just experienced the most rude unethical exchange with a vendor of my entire life. I am a horticulturalist and landscape designer, now working on a project that would encompass a large number of plants. From the website I decided to order 20 to see how the product was shipped etc. But could not even maintain a civil connection for a long enough period to get this order accomplished. There has to be a reputable vendor for blue berry bushes ???? But until I find one I refuse to ever be treated this way..
Negative heartlandMO
Breckenridge Hills, MO
April 24, 2014
I am the type of person who tries to support organic and NON GMO foods as much as I possibly can. So when I found Dimeo Farms for blueberries I thought I had struck gold. All the videos and the LONG pages on their website made me feel like they were a family farm trying to do good. Boy, did I get burned.

I didn't email and couldn't find a place to order online but the website said to call. I did and left a message. The outgoing message said I would get a return phone call within a day. I didn't so the next day I called again. That should have been my first red flag. If you are going to do business online, have a way to order via online. But I figured maybe they would rather be more personal, so I didn't fret that. I called and got the a**hole that apparently runs the place. He asked me if I had called previously. I said yes. I said I wanted to order 5 bushes and asked about the pink lemonade plants. He said those were not part of the $10 plants. I said ok and asked what varieties I had to choose from.

I tried to ask a question but was treated so rudely that I went into a bit of shock. However, after him blathering on for a few minutes I got the information to send the check. That should have been the second red flag. If you are doing business online, you need to accept credit cards. Having to send a check isn't convenient. But I now understand WHY they have you send a check.

It is so that when you get the blueberry bushes and realize they are not what was advertised you can't get your money back.

This is the worst I have ever been treated by any company. And honestly, I hope the plants live. I have no idea what they are. I emailed a short email after receiving my order to ask what I received and was told "we told you already". HUH? So you looked up to see that I place an order and instead of telling me the variety you get rude via email?

At this point, I am going to see what it takes to have them investigated because they are claiming Organic.

I strongly suggest as many people as possible avoid this company. I normally don't want any company to go out of business, but this one needs to be gone.
Negative Hjemgut
Urbandale, IA
April 12, 2014
Don't purchase from them. They sent me beautiful plants with butchered roots. Did not label varieties so have no idea what they sent to me.
Negative ClintTheHint
Rogers, AR
April 11, 2014
This 'farm' is a scam.

They do not list the varieties they sale.
When you call, they try and force a hard sell of the varieties they want to sell you.
When you further inquire about which other varieties are for sale, they hang up the phone in you.

This was my experience, and I would NEVER buy anything from them.
Negative Gardener14
Brooksville, FL
April 11, 2014
Like others, I wish I had read these reviews before doing business with Dimeo Farms.

Our initial experience with them wasn't nearly as unpleasant as it could have been in retrospect. We did some research(clearly not enough) and came upon their wonderful website. It all seemed like exactly what we were looking for to feed our young boys.

We tried to order via e-mail and were told to call. Seemed a little strange, but, we went ahead and called them immediately. We asked a couple questions about varieties and the man on the phone answered them extremely hurriedly and said he was on his thousandth call of the day and had to take others. We started to ask about soil, and elemental sulfur and told him we'd been working our soil for a year and he said we'd get all the info we needed when the plants were shipped. He assured us that we'd get shipment notification and that they'd even get here during spring break so the family could plant together.

We agreed to send him a check out the next day for 8, 3 year old 4' tall, blueberry plants and we did exactly that. The check cleared a few days later and we assumed our 4' bushes, ready to fruit, were on the way. A month later, with no notification, a 2' box showed up at the door. Obviously, that couldn't be them...8 4' bushes can't fit in a tiny 2' box...

Well, they were. That's when we started to worry. We opened it up, soaked them for an hour and planted them immediately afterward per the instructions. All 8 of the twigs. These are no bushes, they're barely even qualified as plants. They talk about quarter sized berries, when maybe they meant quarter sized roots. The largest twig was 21" tall and the shortest 11".

But, their website promises a family owned business who love people and berries and give expert advice, right? We thought we'd still be fine. We gave it a few days. 2 of the plants grew a couple leaves. We sent an e-mail asking if maybe we missed some important information in the shipping notification which we never got. The e-mail wasn't returned. After another week we decided to call and try to get some friendly advice as to what we should do with the now 4 plants that weren't showing much of any signs of life.

That's when we clearly had the real Dimeo experience that everyone here is talking about. The man who answered the phone immediately said he was busy taking hundreds of calls and demanded to know what I wanted before even saying hello. When I said I just needed a little advice because my 4' tall plants came as 1-2' tall and some of them didn't seem to be growing any leaves or buds he flew into a rage of hate and vitriol. My jaw simply dropped listening to him go on and on. Thankfully he spared me from listening to more as he abruptly hung up on me mid-rant.

Bottom line is, don't do business with these guys. Their sales pitch of huge, beautiful blueberry bushes turn into expensive twigs at your doorstep. The promise of experienced family farmers helping you out turns into bizarre, hate filled rants.

I gave Dimeo Farms nearly $200 of grocery money that should have gone to feeding my children in order to grow our own blueberries and all I got was some expensive, perfect pH, rich, drip irrigated soil with two 2' tall twigs with a few leaves, two that at least have green twigs, and four plants I severely doubt will ever make it.

After ordering from Dimeo I realized I had room for two more, which I sourced from elsewhere. Those two are nice 3' tall bushes which are doing beautifully. When I finally decide that Dimeo's plants are nothing but junk, and I find the money to replace my losses, I'll replace them with real blueberry plants from real farmers.
Negative ikes
Wisconsin Rapids, WI
April 8, 2014
I will spare everyone the gruesome details of the conversation, but the guy that deals with customer service is crazy. In short I never was able to ask my question after 3 phone calls. I want to cancel my order but doubt that I will be able to even get a word in. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH DIMEO FARMS! It takes a lot to get me worked up but this guy along with his arrogance was able to do it in two phone calls that were less than 2 minutes in duration - total.
Negative bushbass
Sparta, NJ
April 3, 2014
Just got off the phone with this guy. Rudest customer service ever. I had talked to him a week ago and arranged for a mid April delivery. I just found out I will be away for work so I emailed to ask if he can ship right away instead. After a brief conversation he says "do you hear that? it's the sound of me shredding your card" and he hangs up on me. Wow. Just looked up one of his competitors on here and apparently this guy is such a jerk he poses as customers to post negative reviews on other blueberry farm's pages. scroll down it's the only one that's not a positive review: http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/7346/
Negative khwsc
Moore, SC
March 26, 2014
I don't think I've ever been treated with as much disrespect as I got this morning from the guy who answers your phone! It's not my problem that he averages over 100 calls a day and has three people on hold. I ordered my product from you and based on your website and YouTube videos, got the impression that you were the ones to go with. Never mind my question, that was the first and last time I will use you and I will certainly let everyone I know who is considering ordering from you, not to do so. I'm in the service industry and wouldn't even dream of talking to a customer the way your employee or possible owner (I have no idea) spoke to me today. Good luck in the future. I'm originally from PA, live in SC now- heard rumors if the New Jersey attitude but never believed it til now. By the way- simple solution-HIRE more help! JW
Negative fireman0053
Port Republic, VA
March 19, 2014
I emailed them about ordering six blueberry bushes of different varieties that we could not locate elsewhere after we found their website. Received a response and they told us to give them a call and they would take care of us. So my wife does and I see her jaw drop as the conversation was going on and she was not the one doing the talking. When she got off the phone she told me that was the rudest man she has ever had a conversation with and she said anytime she tried to ask a question the guy went into about how long he had been in business and pretty much was not helpful at all in answering any of her questions. Well, she never ordered and told me about the conversation and I thought well maybe the guy was having a bad day so I called myself and was treated pretty much the same way so whomever I talked to must have been the same person she spoke with. I must say I would plant a row of poison ivy before I bought a thing off these folks and I will attest to the negative reviews in regard to trying to do business with them and they need to get someone who is a bit more helpful and a little less combative when you have questions. They may have been in business for sometime but it wasn't due to the person my wife and I spoke with. We will be happy to take our business elsewhere and I would drive 500 miles out of my way before I bought a thing from these people.
Negative misc592
Cedar Springs, MI
March 18, 2014
I was GOING to place an order for $220 worth of plants, but wanted to know the shipping costs to make sure we could afford to buy that many plants. The company kept insisting that we "call" them, but we wanted to know the total costs before we called them, so we could just place the order for what we could afford at this time, rather than having to waste time 'negotiating' or being exposed to a hard sale tactic. Some of their plants don't specify that you can only order 5 at a time, so we had several where we ordered 3. We were informed that we had to order 5, so we just eliminated those and ended up only ordering 5 blueberry bushes and 5 raspberry bushes, but still asking for the shipping costs. Today, we received an e-mail stating they would 'pass' on the order. Sent them a note saying 'okay, done' - we were viery irritated with them. Very glad this happened since we didn't find the negative remarks about them until we did another search today on line looking for blueberry bushes and ran across your website. Thank you for making this site available so we can post about negative (and positive!) experiences with companies selling on line! I would recommend that NO one order from this company in view of all the negative experiences of past customers - I only saw 2 positive experiences and I feel that those customers were definitely the exception when it comes to Dimeo Blueberry Farms.
Negative Brexous
Campbellsburg, IN
March 17, 2014
After doing some extensive research on growing blueberries I decided to choose Dimeo Blueberry Farms as my supplier. So on 3/10/14, I decided to give them a call and get the scoop on some bulk blueberry bushes. The guy answers the phone "good morning how can I help you?" My response was a friendly "good morning how are you today?" and oh my god did I open a can of worms inside this guys head. He ranted off That he was really busy and already had answered a 100 calls in the last hour, and that he didn't have time for small talk and replied with a very nasty "What do you want? I'm busy here". Woah, Now I am about to place an order, spending my hard earned money to a guy on the other end of the line, who just got really crappy with me for asking him how he was doing? I think not, In fact I ended it quite fast and told him I would take my business else where, that I don't do business with folks like that, And his response was "that's ok I have plenty more customers".

I have never had such poor customer service trying to buy something in my life , I'm really surprised these guys are still in business. Maybe he was having a bad day, but from the looks of the reviews on this site, This is pretty common behavior. I'm still looking for a nice company to do business with for the long haul, I'm eager to get some plants in the ground and grow some tasty blueberries for the farmers market and for home.
Negative KimAlexander
North Manchester, IN
March 8, 2014
I have never written a review for any company's service be it good or bad. However I just experienced the worst customer service in my life and feel compelled to warn others about this company. I never actually placed an order because the conversation I had with the guy who answered the phone was so bad, I can't even imagine how I would have been treated after he got my money. He was abrupt through the conversation but got down right nasty when I asked him how the plants would be delivered. He proceeded to tell me that it didn't matter because the US postal service , FedEx and UPS were all the same. I told him FedEx was a private company and their delivery method was different than the US post office at our home due to our long drive. He RANTED about the fact they were all the same. I tried to explain that FedEx won't come down our drive and I wouldn't want our bushes left out at the road. He then switched his tune and said, "I told you the plants were being delivered via the US post office . When I reminded him that he said they were all the same, he got irate. It was the most bizarre experience and the worst example of customer service I've ever had. I ended up hanging up ion him as he ranted. I was going to place an order for 25 blueberry plants which I know isn't a big order but to treat the public this way is beyond unprofessional. Again, I can't imagine how awful I would have been treated had they already received my money.
Negative berry1995
Rodney Village, DE
March 2, 2014
Posted on February 19, 2014, updated March 2, 2014
WORST NURSERY IN THE WORLD!
I ordered some Plants, then they canceled my pickup.
They are not real business men.

And no, I am NOT dimeos "competitor".
All his customers and "reviews"on his website are FAKE. they are his friends, I believe.
On March 2nd, 2014, berry1995 added the following:

Take you're business somewhere else.
they 'invite you to drive or fly out' but then tell you they're too busy for tours.
Negative juleeque
Amity, AR (Zone 7b)
February 19, 2014
I spoke with Anthony Dimeo in Feb. 2014, inquiring about blueberry plants and wanting to confirm that they are free of any systemic pesticides b/c we also have an apiary. He sounded so bored with his job and proceeded to tell me what I wanted and started to argue with me, raising his voice when I asked any questions. Seems it was the same "blah, blah, blah" that others have mentioned...."working here since I was 12, etc." Sounded like he was the 'robot'. I won't bore you with all the details, just look at the other negative reviews and you can get the gist of what every conversation is like. However, I did call back a couple minutes later as I wanted to ask what kind of blueberry plants do they sell, and that is when he lost his cork. And he commenced to telling me that it didn't matter what he said, go do the research yourself, then come back and tell me what you want; b/c it doesn't matter what you say, you're going to do the research on what I say" etc etc. But he did say "I'm going to RESPECTFULLY" decline this transaction...I"ve got 2 ppl on hold one in WI ordering 1200 plants and another in Mass. ordering 600 plants...blah blah blah. So I ask...'If you have 2 ppl on hold, why is this joker wanting to stay on the line and argue AT me? Personally, I think he was lying..and if I felt a company was lying to me I would also think it wouldn't be beyond them to lie to me about their product. After seeing the negatives here, I am glad he hung up on me. This type of business owner should not be allowed to be a representative of Organic farmers....thankfully, ALL of the other companies I have dealt with are complete opposites...
Negative TownhomeFarm
Riverside, MD
August 11, 2013
Please be patient reading my review. Like others so much happened in a short time. We thought we had been treated so badly but compared to so many other reviewers he was “nice” to us. This is relative of course.

I used to work for a firm where I asked one of the owners when they gave raises and he spoke to me rudely for the first time "If you do your job you keep your job and if you don't you don't." I had no idea what to say. Anthony Diemo reminds me of this guy.

After looking at the mesmerizing web site, and forgoing our typical customer review search, we called Anthony. My wife called on 9 August and made a tentative appointment for 1PM on 10 August 2013 to pickup 22 trees including 2 pink blueberry trees. I confirmed this by telephone around 8PM on 9 August 2013. On both calls we agreed to the time so it would be after his workers 12-1230 lunchtime and he agreed if we were early we could hang out there.

We arrived after our 3 hour drive at 11AM. The gate was closed and I called the telephone number listed on a sign for calling “now.” It was answered, I explained we were 2 hours early and could go eat somewhere and return, and he said he’d send one of the workers out to open the gate. A work ran across the field to open the gate. We hoped considering the heat it was only his way of doing things.

We followed the worker and parked where indicated. The person I think was the supervisor was helpful and while discussing trees with my wife I asked where the restroom was. He suggested going to the garage and asking. A worker in the garage suggested asking the owner. A voice from the second floor asked “Do you need me?” I answered “I’m unsure if my wife needs you but I’d like to use the restroom.” His response “this is a private residence” just confirming the treatment I’d had a hunch was coming from his telephone demeanor and the nervousness of his workers who kept looking to see if someone was coming. I then walked to the tree line to take a piss, after some service injuries one needs to go often, and he then informed me the neighbors would take pictures and report him to the health department. This is probably true but it also confirmed the neighbors dislike this guy.

By this time we were all together with the workers.
Anthony then started his Flim Flam Man dictation of my wife having tied up 6 of his workers picking trees, the whole thing should take 90 seconds, he had been doing this since he was 16, they were very busy (right, we saw nobody else there), he knew the 6 things (another reviewer wrote them up so I’ll spare you) every buyer wanted, his workers were “stupid robots” that did the same thing every day, he was a millionaire, some other ranting that made little sense, and then directed them to get 22 plants. One of the workers, speaking Spanish as I believe they all did, said something and Anthony told us they were out of pink blueberries, which as you recall he assured us they had plenty of, and “did we want the plants or not?” He then told my wife “You called me. I didn’t call you. Do you want them or not? You are wasting my time. We are very busy. I should be on the phone making thousands instead of talking to you. Do you want them or not?” During all this I was a bit dumbfounded and thought due to my illness, which he knew of but still denied letting me use the bathroom (thanks from all military men and women including those that visited you), I must be hearing and seeing things. I wasn’t. This is a man that dislikes what he does, dislikes people, and dislikes himself. He was rude to us, to his staff, and I can only assume he is cash only because the credit card firms have had so many filed cases against him he’s been cut off.

His poor business practices and treatment of people is a great reason to STAY AWAY. Anthony if your trees grew $10 bills we will never go back. We will tell everyone we know not to buy from you. Based on our review and those of so many others you should get some help man
Negative vicki_perrault
Sherman, ME
August 5, 2013
I wish we read the comments before we purchased 2100 blueberry bushes. We just left DiMeos fruit farm and i have to say it was the worst experience of my life. I cant tell you how our plants will do because we are on our 7 hour drive home and we havent planted them yet. Mr. DImeo is an awful person and business owner. I intend on reporting home to the better business bureai and contacting state officials on his discriminating remarks on his employees. Was told if we bought today we would receive a free mexican to plant our bushes. This man screamed at us and degraded us. He should not have a business. We went tnere and was excited to spend sometime. All i can say is please take your money some where else. Do not let this man stay in business. Hopefully our.plsnts do well..
We need another 3000 plants but will not be purchaseing from DiMeos. I hope.to never ever have contact with them.
Vicki
Negative CillaM
Elkins Park
United States
July 23, 2013
After a year of thinking about making the trek over to the "blue berry capital of the world" hammonton nj to get hard to find organic & heirloom blue berry plants, I made the trip. I was very excited!

When I arrive to the farm later getting cash, the man who owns the house, again emerges to help us. Initially seeming decent, interested in where we came from. I tell him what we were hoping for: a container plant and maybe a sampling for the supposed 36 varieties of heirloom blueberry plants. He interrupts me to say he knows exactly what I want and rattles of 6 things people tend to want from blue berry plants, since he's been doing this since age 12. I say ok that's probably right. He starts getting into how he doesn't have time for this as he has a bunch of things to do and wedding. He says hates retail and so do all his family members. They make nothing from these small transactions. This is like breakfast for them, he continues. He says he is used to trucks loading huge orders for plants. . I said," well we're only going to take maybe 10 minutes of your time." I ask if it's ok to get some raspberry plants or maybe even the grape vines, mentioned on the website as well. He says, well were only going to do the 5 blueberry plants. ( He's getting really impatient for only 3 minutes of talking!) I ask him instead, about the a variety of plants that bloom at different parts of the season( as mentioned on the website, ask about their al variety seasonal pack or something to that effect), that's ok we do just the blueberry. He gives us one plant and tells my companion to load it in the car and proceeds to pick another, but no explanation about anything. I ask, "is this one going to bloom later ?". He goes into details of how he doesn't have time for this again. And I say, "I'm not sure what is going on, but we're really not nor planning on taking more your time and you're being a little rude". He take the plants back and says we should probably leave. I say that's fine, but I definitely reporting you to the Better Business Bureau." He says," Bad, reviews don't bother me.. and something about how he is such a successful businessman." He continues that, I should just leave his property right now... I catch him taking a picture of my license plate. I catch at picture of him in motion on the farm. He tries to force me to delete the photo...yes it got that wierd.

- End result: Long drive, no plants and total disappointment! Are they lying about these 36 variety heirloom blue berry plants, or what? I literally got no information about anything during those 5 crazy minutes. Not even about the age, type or anything of the plants I was looking at, which he wanted to sell me. No details about early blooming plants verses the late. Whether it would work to container garden their variety.

Not what I expected from an organic farmer... or any business person for that matter.
Negative vitaman
Olive Branch, MS
June 25, 2013
I ordered 1300 1 1/2 year old rooted blueberry bush cuttings from Dimeo Blueberry farm in October 2012. They raised their price from what is quoted on their site from 1.95 to 2.35. I notice that they are still quoting the 1.95 on their site. I was charged around $400 for shipping. They were sent with U.S. postal service with no tracking number and no notice of when they were shipped. They need to be planted immediately upon arrival. Their shipping method makes it really hard when you don't know when they will arrive. However my wife and I and one very good friend worked 24 hours in two days to get them planted and watered. Oh, and they paid about $30 shipping. It is now June 25th, 2013 we have about 50 dead plants and the rest of the field are struggling. I have read and watched Dimeo's entire website for specific instructions on how to care for the plants, but couldn't find the answers I needed. So, as they repeatedly say on the site call with any questions, we want to make you successful. That is not what I found. Horrible customer service and absolute arrogant rudeness is the best way to characterize Michael Dimeo. He refused to answer even the most basic question about fertilizer, yelled over the phone insisting all the answers are on their site. Then he hung up on me after I listened to many heated words from him and then I had a few of my own. Do yourself a favor do not do business with Dimeo.
Negative aeritter
Chino Hills
United States
June 23, 2013
I ordered blueberry plants from them. They arrived bare root, with actually hardly any root at all. The plants were folded over in the box. I planted them according to the instructions and they immediately started to die. I have nothing to show for my money, and after reading the other reviews on this company, I can see it would be useless to try to get my money back. I can see why they only accept their money up front and don't take credit cards now.
Negative meganzappa
Los Angeles, CA
June 22, 2013
I bought 10 blueberry plants for a father's day gift. I specifically asked the sales rep if the weather was conducive to planting upon arrival. Of course she said yes. After two weeks, my plants arrived and were planted (PROPERLY) immediately. PH of our soil is perfect and we have watered them carefully. (Our original 3 other blueberry plants have been thriving for years.)
Half of the plants have died. After SEVERAL unreturned phone calls, I finally got hold of the owner of the farm who proceeded to talk over me and brag about how many people supposedly fly there from around the world to purchase his lovely plants and why didn't I just drive there in the first place? I live in LA.. He was incoherent and slurring his speech. He told me he was tired from farming all day in the heat. After repeatedly asking how to remedy this situation he offered nothing but advice such as, "next time, pick up your plants instead of having us ship them." When I asked why I wasn't notified of the 'No Guarantee' clause, he said it was listed on their website. I informed him that I didn't order through the website and that I phoned in my order. Clearly, I was chasing my tail. He said that the only way I could change the outcome would be to come to the farm with an assault rifle. What an idiot.
Suffice it to say that I would NEVER EVER PURCHASE FROM DIMEO AGAIN. I wish I had read the reviews before purchasing.

Two thumbs down.
Positive MizFrizz
Absecon, NJ
June 22, 2013
We don't live far from the farms, so we decided to take a group blueberry picking while we purchased some trees for our own garden. Christine and Anthony couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. The kids had fun picking their own berries. This new portion of the farm is only a year old and it's beautiful. They are also in the process of opening an event location for receptions etc on the property. Anthony took time to personally help my husband select the best blueberry plants, and gave detailed instructions on how best to care for them. I did read all of the negative reviews before we went, but I'd heard from friends that it was a great place, and it is. I'm not sure why there has been so much trouble with shipping the plants, but going in person to pick them up is easy and helpful. The farm is tended by hand, not by machine, and is pristine. I will definitely go back for more in the future.
Negative SadBlueberry
Conyngham, PA
June 22, 2013
If you have purchased or plan to purchase NO GMO Organic Blueberry Plants from Di Meo Fruit Farmers, please read the comments from Dave's Garden website. Those who know me can attest to my continued endorsement of an organic approach to life. My extended family and I have been growing organic fruits and vegetables for four generations! We are prolific growers providing our immediate family with fruits and vegetables every season. The blueberry bushes from DiMeo Fruit Farm were less than stellar specimens of fruit bearing plants! I contacted the farm via their facebook page three times, left messages on their company answering machine to no avail. Today I spoke to a customer service representative to no avail. The experience with Di Meo Fruit Farms was not only disturbing from a customer service standpoint, but as organic farmers professing a community of growers providing an environment of nurturing both the Earth and those we feed...well I am speechless. Nasty Nasty folks at Di Meo!!!!! Maybe the mail order offer from the farm is not the most ideal way to purchase '3-4 ft twig bluebery plants'
Negative harleydoc
Fort Ann, NY
June 17, 2013
Nasty, awful people. Dont even bother calling. The guy who took the phone practically yelled at me, then hung up. I'd have thought it was a prank call, except that I called them! I guess they really dont need anyone's business at all, or just hate their vocation.
Glad I didn't buy their junk after reading all the other horrible reviews about dead plants and similar nasty treatment.
Negative littlebay5
Portsmouth, NH
June 14, 2013
I ordered 10 Blueberry plants from DiMeo Farms. They have an appealing website- Organic, non GMO, Family farm with beautiful Hardy plants that will be enjoyed for years. I purchased 10 plants at $10.00 a piece, they were to be 3-4 ft tall bearing fruit, ready to go. It cost me close to $50.00 for shipping. I thought since they would have to expedite the shipping for live plants and they were 3-4 feet tall $50.00 was reasonable.
I received several weeks later from the post office a small box of 10 dried out sticks. A few green leaves with shriveled blueberries 2- Possibly 3 ft long. They were almost dead at arrival. It took me an email, and several phone calls to finally get an answer. The owner Mr DiMeo called one evening, and spoke with my husband. He was talking to him in a mocking, sarcastic manner. My husband initially couldn't hear who it was calling, and when he asked for him to repeat who was calling, Mr DiMeo slowed his speech down to a ridiculous speed, as though my husband was slow. Then he told him he was returning my call, and was just very rude throughout the conversation.

I finally reached someone today, a woman. I explained how I just paid $150.00 for Blueberry bushes, and they arrived dead. She read me a disclaimer about once they leave their farm they are no longer responsible. I started to ask a question, she cut me off said "Thank- you- Good bye. and hung up the phone.

So much for customer service, so much for my $150.00 investment in blueberry plants.

I submitted a complaint to the better business bureau, and I am posting my experience here. Hopefully it will prevent someone else from getting ripped off. If anyone that has any ideas on how to get our money back, I would love to hear them.
Negative NotBerryNice
Bridgeton, NJ
May 2, 2013
Very unprofessional, horrible customer service. Very unpleasant experience. Take your business to someone who actually knows how to do business...
Negative Blueberry_Hell
Sharon Hill, PA
May 2, 2013
Not the Blueberry Hill of Fat's Domino. You won't find your thrill at Dimeo's - unless you like being abused

Well, it seems we've joined the ranks of blueberry enthusiasts who were drawn in by the Dimeo website and youtube videos, only to be verbally assaulted and driven away, stunned and reeling in a state of utter disbelief over the entire experience of visiting the Dimeo farm.

I don’t even know where to begin in describing the horrible treatment we received. We being: me 70 yrs old, my 72 yr old husband, our 50 year old organic/wholefood nutrition counselor daughter and her 21 yr old daughter, an avid ecologist and agriculturalist, recently graduated from Green Mountain College in Vermont. We were so happy to be taking the 1.5 hour drive to Hammonton, NJ to buy 6 “organic, 4 foot, quarter sized blueberry bushes” and had no idea that we would soon be entering the bizarre world of an aggressive, narcissistic, psycho who scoffed at us when we dared to call him on his scary behavior.

It began as soon as we pulled up and parked. He came out of a garage like building with an angry expression and his hands held up like a traffic cop. My husband, who drove us there, had stepped out of the truck to introduce himself and my daughter was on her way around the truck to do the same. I was about to get out when Dimeo, with the demeanor of a guerrilla commando, ordered us to “Stop! Get back in the truck!” When my husband explained that we had an appointment he said in a mocking tone, “yeah, yeah.” and then said “just follow me. I’m going to walk in front of your truck and you’re going to follow me.” We did what we were told and looked at each other in disbelief as if we were in the twilight zone.

We only drove a short distance when he signaled us to stop. My husband got out. I opened my door in the back seat of the truck and said “This seems more like a military compound than a blueberry farm.” He glared at me. It gave me the creeps. He then started asking us what variety we wanted and rapidly recited a list of varieties. He handed my husband a sheet of paper with a business card attached which my husband placed on the front seat. We told him we wanted 6 of the 4′ quarter-sized plants that would give us fruit all summer – that’s what the website said we would get for $10.00 per bush. You should know that all of this time his expression was one of anger and his attitude extremely condescending and intimidating. He asked us where we wanted them. We laughed. DId he think we were going to drive home holding them in our laps?

I told him that his website said we would be instructed on the best way to plant and care for the bushes. He sneered and said “The time I spent doing that I could be on the phone making $25,000.00.” My daughter said, “So much for customer service.” His face got ugly and with a tone dripping sarcasm he said “Sorry I can’t give you more of myself.” She said, “Oh, that’s okay. I think we’ve had enough of you already.” At that he said “Get of here. And to my husband, “Give me my paper back and get off my property.” My husband reached into the truck, crumpled up the paper and threw it at him. Dimeo pulled out his cell phone and took a picture of our license plate.

As we drove away my granddaughter said “I had less trouble getting through check points in Mexico. Something’s not quite right about this place. There’s a piece missing from this puzzle.”

We were in shock for most of the ride home. Thinking no one would ever believe our story if they hadn’t actually witnessed the experience themselves, as soon as I got home I googled DImeo Blueberry Farm and found this site. We all gathered around the computer and took turns reading the reviews aloud to each other, gasping, eyes wide with amazement to find each negative review almost identical to our own experience.

Something has to be done about this guy. I think there is more to this than meets the eye. But, who can you trust?
Negative HersheyFarmer
Elizabethtown, PA
April 21, 2013
In my 52 years I don’t think I have ever experienced such a horrifying event of customer service. We truly believed what their website expressed and that is why we chose to go to DiMeo farms. Their website says come on over and we will spend time with you and teach you what you need to know about blueberry farming. So we arrived after a 3 hour drive. The young lady we placed the order with greeted us and was very nice. We waited about 10 minutes and the owner who shall remain nameless came over. In a 10 minute period he yelled at the migrant workers for pulling too many plants. Told us he hated doing retail and just wanted to get out of it. He told us they could not identify which varieties our 3 yr. old plants were. We were just expected to take them and be happy. He ranted that his surveyor had left and we were just holding him up to more important things he had to do. We had come with a small notebook with about 10 questions. When I asked him if we could talk with him, he looked at me like I had grown a 3rd head and said I don’t have time for this. Then he went over and picked up their one page ad and said everything you need to know is on here.
I can’t even begin to explain in that short period of time how incredibly rude he was. I think DiMeo’s would be even richer if they hired a front man for that operation. I was in such shock that we just got in our car and left without a receipt. When I came home that night I posted on their facebook page about the beyond bad experience. The next day I decided to call their office for my receipt. Mr Dimeo introduced himself on the phone and proceeded to tell me he was going to sue me for slander and that he had sent my information to his attorney. We had to pay cash for our plants, so you have to wonder about that. After this we researched reviews on this place and WOW , what we found was not at all good. Just the same day we were there we found an identical experience from another man. My heart goes out to you Pioneer Farming. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE IF YOU EXPECT TO BE TREATED WITH COMMON DECENCY.
PS they delete anything from FaceBook they don't like so don't look there for reviews
Negative PioneerFarming
Flemington, NJ
April 18, 2013
The nastiest and most obnoxious commercial interaction I have ever had was at DiMeo Farms in Hammonton, NJ. DO NOT SUPPORT THIS MERCHANT.

I drove 1.5 hours and was really looking forward to buying local and supporting New Jersey agriculture. As I drove to the farm through the blueberry fields of New Jersey I was really excited to be buying blueberry bushes with true New Jersey provenance for my dream-fulfilling home orchard/garden. However, I found Anthony DiMeo III to be the single most rude, loathsome and noxious merchant I have ever dealt with, and I've lived in New York and New Jersey all my life.

When I arrived at the farm, I opened the car door to look around and soak it all in, and within 5 seconds, literally, he yelled at me to come over to him, demanding I give him my variety choice immediately. I said, "well - I'd like an early variety, a..." he stopped me and barked "I'm a millionaire, and a 4th generation farmer, and I don't need small sales like you ! !" [honestly now - what is the psychological profile of a person who says that at all, much less within 10 seconds of meeting someone...] I said I was considering the following 5 varieties (x.y.z...) and he spit out "you can only have 3 varieties," dripping with venom and condescension. I was speechless. He then ordered me to drive my car over to some location, and I did. I stated my 3 varieties. He WOULD NOT let me choose the individual bushes [so much for the happy-face fantasy portrayed on the farm's website] , directing his worker to choose for me, who chose spindly single or double branched plants. The worker started roughly bending branches and shoving them into my car. I protested, and said I would load them myself: "just let me pay, and I will load them myself". He again repeated, pathologically - "I am a millionaire, a 4th generation farmer, and i don't have time for this ! !" At one point in his psychotic tirade I asked him "have I said or done something to insult you?" I told him that I had just driven 1.5 hours to support local agriculture, because I wanted to put cash into the hands of a New Jersey farmer. I then asked him to point out which of the bushes were which variety (they are unlabeled) , as his worker had just thrown them together into one group. With complete exasperation he said "are you kidding?" and refused to do so.

I've only covered the highlights of the abusive 10 minutes I spent at this place; there's much, much more. Finally, I had enough and told him "I can't believe I just drove so far to do business with such a #$@#$%", and we terminated the transaction mutually. If this guy had bushes that produced 24K berries, I wouldn't buy from him. A rude, arrogant, dismissive, insulting, psych job.

He obviously hates his job and hates his customers. If he really has all the money he claims, he should do one of two things - hire someone to front for him and interact with the customers, or just get the hell out of any business that involves human contact.

If this guy is really the 4th generation on that farm, he should put a tachometer on his ancestor's graves, because they're doing about 5,000 RPM right now, over how he's treating his customers.

I do have to thank him for one thing - he did all of this in front of my 18 year old son, who was completely flabbergasted and appalled by this jerk's behavior. At one point, DiMeo made my son so uncomfortable that he sought refuge in the car. It provided for a teachable discussion on the way home, much like my late junkie cousin did over the years.
Positive Marksmith
Dudley, MA
April 18, 2013
I want to go on record in support of Dimeo Farms. I purchased two dozen three-year-old blueberry plants of various varieties. The Dimeos were very flexible and accommodating even after several delays due to health issues in my family and a mechanical problem with my vehicle. When I finally picked up my plants I found the Dimeos very understanding and comforting. They stayed open late to allow me to pick my plants and even gave be an extra plant as an expression of sympathy for all my troubles. The plants are beautiful, full of buds and impressively large and healthy. I have read some of the critical reviews and believe most of the problems are with shipping. Perhaps shipping is not their strength, but their plants are top quality and in person the Dimeos were a pleasure to deal with.
Negative ultra44041
Geneva, OH
April 10, 2013
Ordered over a dozen 4 ft tall plants. Received (3) 20" plants. They do not return phone calls or emails. This is why they don't take credit cards.
Positive wnderwn
Clarks Green, PA
April 5, 2013
It is a shame that Dimeo Farms has gotten a bad rep.After seeing the reviews I was hesitant to purchase their plants but I called anyhow and spoke to someone there I am assuming is Mr. Dimeo.Granted he is no Mr. Personality and can appear to seem impatient I still proceeded to purchase their bushes.I purchased 2 of early,mid and late season varieties.The farm is 3 1/2 hrs from us but with the bad reviews pertaining mostly to shipping we decided to make the journey down and included in a mini vacation.The farm is huge with all kinds of berry plants including plum trees.Although Mr Dimeo was not around their workers were very accommodating and we were able to pick up earlier than originally planned. The plants are very healthy looking and although not 4 feet like it says on their website they are still cheaper at $10 a piece than as if I have gotten them at one of our local nurseries.Instructions on how to plant came along with purchase and you can email them with any questions at provided address.I will update my post when I am picking those luscious blueberries off their bushes.