The scoop on 'Dimeo Blueberry Farms'

Dimeo Blueberry Farms

3101 Nesco Road
Hammonton, New Jersey 08037 (United States)

Company Comment, posted on April 1, 2010:
Our mission is to grow and sell only the highest quality Non-GMO berries, virus-tested and CERTIFIED “super hardy” 100% natural berry plants and products to home growers, retailers, landscapers and commercial growers from all across America. No one makes plants the old fashioned way like we do or has an operation like ours. When you come to tour our operation, you will see that for yourself. Our commitment is a customer-driven philosophy where the customer's growing success and well-being is placed above all else. Our family does in fact care about the success of every customer, NO MATTER HOW BIG OR HOW SMALL. Our nurseries and experienced farmers are committed to continually educating our plant customers to enable them to make the decisions necessary to maintain healthy plants for a lifetime of enjoyment.

Our CERTIFIED BERRY PLANTS ARE 100% NATURALLY MADE. Unlike others who often try to imitate our long-time family history and operation; our plants are NOT unnaturally made in a lab (where most of our online plant competitors buy all their plants and then they try to re-sell them to you) 98% of them are NOT REAL farmers with a family that now has 4 generations of growing experience and expertise. Our plants are NOT made or grown a greenhouse; because plants that are made-grown in labs or greenhouses are NOT hardy plants. ALSO -- BEWARE OF SOFT TISSUE CULTURE PLANTS AS THEY ARE UNNATURALLY MADE IN A LAB. PLUS SOFT TISSUE CULTURE PLANTS ARE NOT COLD HARDY BECAUSE THEY WERE MADE IN A LAB AND GREENHOUSE. When you attempt to winter them over you will likely lose about 30-40% of your plants come the following year. Our Non-GMO plants are made from HIGH PRODUCTION YIELDING GRADE hardwood cuttings taken direct from certified, virus-tested, grade-A mother plants that produce "ultra-heavy bearing" and SUPER HARDY plants.

WE INVITE YOU TO TAKE A RIDE OUT OR FLY OUT (by appointment only) TO PERSONALLY TOUR OUR IMPRESSIVE OPERATION AND SEE OUR SUPERIOR QUALITY PLANTS FOR YOURSELF. It's been done many times before. People from ALL OVER THE WORLD fly in to learn from our experienced farmers. We are confident that you will “SEE THE DIFFERENCE FOR YOURSELF" and that you will be very impressed with our plants and expertise. We farm and raise berry plants the "old fashioned way" and what we do and how we do it, sets us apart from everyone else. The higher quality of our premium 100% natural plants is well known throughout the industry and the world. PLANT BUYERS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD COME TO OUR FARM & NURSERIES TO BUY OUR PLANTS AND TO LEARN THE RIGHT WAY TO PLANT; START A SUCCESSFUL PYO FARM OR PRODUCTION FARM. They learn from us. You can learn from the pros too. Tremendous time, effort and 12-15 hours of daily hard work, goes into producing our superior quality plants. Our years of repeat business and almost constant referrals are surely a true testament to the excellence of our premium plants and service. Our family cares about our 100 year old farming tradition and all of our valued patrons. Our website has loads of valuable information and FARMER DIRECT TIPS that can’t be found elsewhere.

We provide you with the most complete and detailed planting instructions for success. We strive to provide you with outstanding FARMER-DIRECT customer service and you again for allowing us to serve you. We value your business and look forward to hearing from you. We aim to bring the healthy, safe, home grown aspects of farm living into your daily lives. We hope to teach you our time-tested old-fashioned farming techniques and ways to live a simpler and healthier lifestyle. Sometimes "going back" to the way it was before makes sense - it's like going ahead and moving forward. In these uncertain and unstable economic times, growing your own food is both satisfying and economical. Let us help you return to the land for a better self sufficient lifestyle for you and your family.

We look forward to hearing from you and helping you get started. Always remember to know your farmer and know your food source. Growing your own is playing it safe. WE ONCE AGAIN INVITE YOU TO DRIVE OR FLY OUT TO PERSONALLY TOUR OUR OPERATION TO SEE FOR YOURSELF, THAT THE HIGHER QUALITY OF OUR PLANTS IS FAR SUPERIOR TO ANY OTHERS. NOT TO MENTION THE LOW PRICE FOR WHAT YOU GET WITH US. Thank you for taking interest in our nurseries that produce only the best plants and products.

We look forward to hearing from you and helping you get started. Thank you for your business.

God bless.

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive charleymeckna
Arbovale, WV
September 29, 2015
GREAT EXPERIENCE....We ordered 40, 3 year old plants back in June, 2015 We were told we had to wait for the hot season to end in order to send them to us. A soft spoken lady at DiMeo Farm kept in constant contact with us every few weeks updating us on the shipping date due to weather restrictions, We felt we were very much a part of this whole process with this special attention to update us as well the concern and knowledge DiMeo had not to send plants in extreme heat of the season. DiMeo called us and said when they will be shipped and we should receive them on a certain day, Just as they said it happened for us. We received them Mid Sept 2015. We are more than pleased, actually we are exuberant with the plants we received, So much so we stayed up planting them till 11 pm that day into the night making a nice arrangement of a courtyard area with them for how they are planted. These plants are very hardy and tall, most about waist height, full of leaves and great green color. We are planning on ordered a considerable amount more next year of both Blueberry and Aronia Berry plants. I would recommend DiMeo Farms to anyone interested in Berry plants. We have purchased several plants from their competitors over the past year and received very poor quality plants that died. Because of this bad experience of time and great money loss in the past, we were very concerned to even try agian to purchase berry plants, I can say DiMeo has won us over to show us they are honest people that do as they say they will of doing a Great business. Thanks DiMeo Farms for the Wonderful Plants and the Great Service ! Charley Meckna Family.
Negative robert2155
Glastonbury, CT
August 29, 2015
Called Dimeo Bluberry Farms about purchasing blueberry bushes and some advice about planting them. What I got was the most ignorant, obnoxious person that I have ever encountered. If this is the way they behave before the sale, one can only imagine the experience after the sale. My advice is to purchase elsewhere.
Negative Melissa819
Scranton, PA
August 24, 2015
I wish I researched before I ordered and found this website!

I received my bushes (much smaller than the ones in photos that were boasted about) with blueberries on them - that is NOT the time to ship/transplant. they went into immediate shock and were dead within the week.

They responded to no phone messages or emails and ignored a better business bureau action. And then finally accused ME of being harassing when I finally spoke with someone to say that I would even drive 2 hours to their farm to get replacements because I wanted to resolve this issue and feel good about the transaction. (I was KIND and patient the whole time!)

Wow! I own 3 businesses. I would NEVER treat my customers (OR MY PLANTS) they way I have been treated.
Negative joeapierce
East Jordan, MI
June 9, 2015
We ordered 50 two-year old plants from DiMeo in advance of ordering 1200 the next year. We wanted to check the quality of the plants and the service from the company before spending thousands. We were assured that we would receive an assortment of plants to ensure early, mid and late berries. The beautiful website and story tempted us to try DiMeo. We have never written a bad review even after dealing with bad service, rude people, or bad products; but DiMeo was so bad we felt we had to post a review just to reinforce the message to NOT CONTACT THIS COMPANY.
After ordering our check was cashed within a few days. There was no communication about expected shipment or anything. After two weeks we called to about a shipping time. The lady said they would ship soon. We asked if we could please get a call or email when they ship so we could be expecting them. She said that would be no problem, and that they ship early in the week so that the plants are not sitting over the weekend in a shipping warehouse. All of this made sense, so we waited. Three weeks after ordering we noticed a package that was left at our work address Saturday afternoon. Fortunately we were there to get it so we could get the plants in the ground. We never received an email or call as promised.
Most of the plants were very small and unhealthy looking. They were bundled with rubberbands with no indication at all what type of plant they were. There was no invoice, no packing slip, nothing at all to identify what we received. Up until this point we just thought that DiMeo was just not a quality company. It got much worse after calling to simply inquire what type of plants we had received, and if we could get a receipt of some sort. The man on the phone was instantly mad. He said that our check was our receipt. We explained that we wanted a receipt for our files and to have a list of what we received since there was no paperwork with the shipment. He then accused us of trying to illegally deduct the plants on our taxes. He said that we were not real farmers and that he has made a lot of money doing this, and we shouldn’t be asking questions. He was rude, condescending, and went off on unrelated rants. He went on like this for over 30 minutes, all the time saying that he had bigger customers and no time to deal with us. He accused us of trying to get free product, which we never mentioned. All we wanted was a receipt. Over 30 minutes of verbal abuse, still no receipt. Eventually he just hung up.
I can only think of a few reasons not to give a receipt under any circumstances. They want no proof of what was purchased so there is no paper trail for complaints or lawsuits. Or THEY are perhaps trying to avoid paying taxes on sales. Either way I beg you to read all the reviews and consider whether to deal with this company or not. I’m almost afraid to try the blueberries from them since they may be filled with bitterness and evil.
Negative MamaPT
Mukwonago, WI
May 20, 2015
In late June of 2014 I called and placed an order for 5 blueberry plants to be shipped to me in WI. I mailed my check July 3rd. I had not heard anything from them (email or otherwise) indicating receipt of my check or order shipment so on July 16th I called and left a message asking about my order. My call was not returned despite the pleasant message that says, "We return all calls the same business day."
On the evening of July 17th I went out of town (still reachable by phone) and returned on the evening of July 20th to find a box that contained 5 very dried blueberry plants. Nothing labeled as to what variety the plants were. None of them survived.
I called (leaving voicemail each time), emailed, tweeted and left messages on Facebook with absolutely no response except for removing my FB comments and blocking me from commenting further. I posed as a customer interested in placing an order and got a call back which gave me opportunity to explain my complaint but the employee obviously had no power to do anything except promise that the owner would call back which of course never occurred.
I filed with the BBB who reported they had no response from DiMeo so they must be out of business. I assured them they were not closed but they were unable to proceed further and instructed me to file a complaint with the New Jersey Dept. of Consumer Affairs. I have done this and thankfully they are proceeding with action. They have 35 other complaints filed. This feedback alone shows 90 negative experiences. I encourage anyone who is interested in getting their money back to file.
Negative jf1
Washington, NJ
May 19, 2015
My wife and I had the unfortunate experience in meeting Anthony DiMeo III. I too, wish I had taken a moment to read reviews before wasting time and falling into the DiMeo trap. No need here to recount the whole event so I’ll summarize. DiMeo verbally assaulted my wife as she walked toward him to ask a question. He was apparently intimidated because she had a cell phone in her had. He immediately asked in a harsh and offending tone, “What’s that in your hand?” She told him it was her cell phone and he then ORDERED her back to her vehicle! She walked back in dismay as I was trying to converse with one of his workers. He then approached me and began to ramble and when I tried to ask him a question he became enraged as if I was questioning his knowledge or authority. I assure you that certainly was not the case. DiMeo then grinned at me saying, “I’m not selling you any plants, I don’t care how much money you would pay!” I responded by saying, you got to be kidding me, I drove two hours to get here after your employee “scheduled a meeting” for us! He walked away repeating or almost warning me, “your being recorded here on a camera” (as if I was doing something wrong?) and then ordered his six workers to follow him, directing them to the garage area where he promptly closed all the doors and hides out of sight. It truly was an unbelievable sight to behold. I can only equate it to a spoiled little boy taking his ball and going home after something not going his way.

It’s apparent now after reading all the reviews and complaints that any logical person would conclude Anthony DiMeo has some deep underlying issues that need immediate attention. He professes to be a fourth generation blueberry farmer. Well I can tell you this, his behavior and demeanor will surely destroy what the first, second and third DiMeo family members accomplished. He truly should be ashamed of his inability to exhibit the slightest social skills. I am giving fair warning to any future persons seeking to make blueberry purchases, DO NOT GO TO DiMEO BLUEBERRY FARMS! There are plenty of other reputable, hard working blue berry farmers in the area that will APPRECIATE your business.

Valley Falls, NY
May 10, 2015
based on the rude,insulting behavior of the owner on the phone that i experienced, ALL THESE NEGATIVE postings ARE TRUE.
He had no time to talk or answer questions. his ads and videos are alluring but not true. (a quarter size blueberry would be world news and they don't have 6' plants). He did all of the talking while insulting me and hung up. He's the blueberry NAZI. He sounded and behaved like my boss of 10 years. I couldn't believe there could be a second person like this. After i confronted my boss about his behavior he's gone to a behavior specialist and now is on medication. I recomend this to rick Dimeo. If he gave me the plants i would not except them. I did not confront R Dimeo but remained quiet and in shock. DON'T BUY from this place. they don't need homeowners for sure.
Negative crow666
Holmdel, NJ
April 27, 2015
I placed a call to ask about buying blueberries. The man I spoke to was incredibly rude. When I told him I was interested in a particular variety, he criticized my choice. He was extremely pushy, wanting me to place an order immediately. When I told him I would call back if interested, he told me I was wasting his time, and not to call back.

Don't worry, I never will. There are far more cordial and helpful vendors to deal with, easily found on the internet.

This is the kind of person who gives the whole state of New Jersey a bad image.
Negative daisymaepetunia
Nescopeck, PA
April 22, 2015
i ordered and received ten bushes. Nine were beautiful and one i would not have left the nursery with. i contacted them via messenger - no response. i wrote via facebook and they deleted my comments. They have you very slick like. They take only checks, and they do not give any guarantees on ANY of their products once they leave the farm. I believed the advertising and trusted that I would receive only top quality plants. The tenth plant did not even have three inches total of root. I can not get any response from them as they have washed their hands and can legally do so but I want others to be very aware of the little -rather none - recourse you have if they ship you less than advertised quality plants that appear in pictures on their page. Buyer be ware.
Negative BRG004
Rochester, MA
April 21, 2015
I called in an order for a couple of dozen blueberry plants. I'm not a blueberry farmer, so I was just curious about what they were selling before making the purchase.

I was very polite- I had no reason not to be.

I literally asked only these two questions after listening to her brief description:

(a) So, these are all a variety of different blueberry plants? (just to confirm- I wasn't really aware there were so many different types)
(b) And these are all 3 years old?

Then a man got on the phone ... said that he had been listening in on speakerphone. In an incredible rude tone he announced that, "You're asking highly unusual questions. This is a busy time of year for us. No blueberries for you!" And then he hung up without another word.

It was amazing. This has to be some kind of scam ... it was so strange. I did nothing to deserve any kind of poor response from them.
Negative wedigindirt
Latham, NY
April 14, 2015
Posted on August 11, 2012, updated April 14, 2015
Posted on October 5, 2010, updated August 11, 2012
Posted on July 12, 2010, updated October 5, 2010
At the end of May, 2010 I sent my check to DiMeo Farms for 42 \"PREMIUM\" \"SUPER HARDY\" (their terms not mine) plants and was quoted a price of $10.00 per plant and $158.57 for shipping. Their web site shows a photo of plants that appear to be about 3\' tall with main stems about 1/2\" thick with the caption: \"3 year old premium Blueberry plants for sale\". I asked for the name of the freight carrier and the pro # as I assumed these 3\' tall plants would be potted and shipped on a pallet. What I received about 2 weeks later was a box 2\' x 2\' x 1\' containing 42 twigs with maybe 1/8\" diameter main stems, which were 8\"-10\" tall with minimal bare roots wrapped in a plastic bag and rubber band.

I was shocked at how small they were compared with the web site photo and the advertising proclaiming \"3 year old plants\", \"Super hardy\", \"Premium\" etc. I immediately soaked them in water and planted them per the instructions the same day.

I noticed the postage on the box was $21.40 and contacted DiMeo questioning why I had been charged $158.00 for shipping when the actual postage was only $21.40. The response was that the extra $137.17 was for \"packing, boxing, boxes, materials\". This is the most absurd answer I have ever heard as the box itself is about $1.79 (source Uline), plastic bags are about $.80 (source Uline) and the rubber bands are about $.25 (source Staples), so for $3.00 in \"materials\" I was charged $137.17 AND received really crummy plants with 19 of the 42 plants dead after one month in the ground.

Believe me, I am not a competitor, but an average home owner in Latham, NY who was hoping to have a nice 3\' high blueberry hedge on one side of my yard and what I got was a total rip off as far as plants and a major over charge which the owner refuses to make right. Should anyone doubt my facts I will gladly provide photos. I would stay away from this supplier and warn others of these problems
On October 5th, 2010, wedigindirt added the following:

Update 10-5-10. I read with skepticism comments by others about receiving wonderful lush 3\' high plants, etc. The 42 plants that I spent nearly $600.00 on arrived as tiny twigs with very minimal roots. So the owner either ripped me off by sending me his worst plants or other \"supposed\' customers are telling unreal stories. After 4 months I have only 9 of the original 42 plants still alive and the living plants are still only about 12\" tall. The plants are well cared for and planted with lots of peat moss. I would urge real customers to avoid this grower.
On August 11th, 2012, wedigindirt added the following:

Allow me to update and repeat what a bad experience this was. Of the 42 \"twigs\" I received from DiMeo 2 years ago only two are still alive and are still very small with no fruit. Planted in the same location are plants from a different grower, Waters Blueberry Farm, which have done very well and produced nice fruit this year. Don\'t be another person ripped off by DiMeo.
On April 14th, 2015, wedigindirt added the following:

A horrible experience with DiMeo and a total ripoff.
Negative methec
Signal Mountain, TN
April 9, 2015
I find it hard to believe there are actually any satisfied customers from this company. Not only based on my personal experience but also after reading so many negative comments. Reading the negative comments written here in regards to doing business with DiMeo Farms is like reliving the horrible experience over and over again. There’s no doubt the man I spoke with has a serious problem and enjoys abusing customers. It is obvious there is a mental condition of some sort going on. Or he thoroughly receives pleasure from being down right mean. Most consumers take for granted they can ask a normal question in regards to the items they choose to purchase. You know, such as how much it will cost to ship X number of plants, or the age or type of plant you are looking to purchase. Well, do not expect anything to be normal when trying to do business with DiMeo Farms. The man running this operation is CRAZY! There must be some type of mental illness going on.

I am sure this company has made a dump truck load of money from doing business for many years. And they may actually prefer large orders over smaller ones. I can see where that would be more worth their time. However, they do not advertise minimum orders or that they only wholesale to the industry. DiMeo Farms markets their products as a “family run, open and friendly operation. Based on the comments listed here and my own personal experience, I venture to say; that everyone involved with this operation is living on “pins and needles” working with this obviously unstable man. This man has no control over his behavior. He’s rude beyond words. He’s condescending, cruel, racist, overbearing, dictating, and narcissistic. It’s actually scary to have a conversation with this person. I think most people are in shock when he begins yelling and accusing them of wasting his time. He’s got better things to do than answer any questions, and further more he’s so wealthy he really doesn’t want your money. He told me he prefers at least a $2,500 order. This may be his true feelings, but he can’t stop himself from throwing that out there immediately. His demeanor is so intimidating and condescending; you can’t even have a conversation with him. And he enjoys listening to himself so much; he prefers to give a lengthy lecture about anything other than actually completing the transaction you’re attempting.

I’m starting a small pick your own farm and needed 280 – 3 year plants. (Such as those seen on their website) It wasn’t easy or comfortable to get a written quote however; someone actually sent me an invoice via email the next day. The shipping costs were almost $2000 for 280 plants. This seemed high, so I had plans to rent a truck and make the trip myself. No problem. My farm project was scheduled to begin later in the year so I decided to purchase 15 – 3 year old plants sooner. I made these plans with a woman over the phone before I ever spoke with this horrible over bearing man. No one mentioned any problem with this transaction. So, I mailed $150 to DiMeo Farms, and after the checks cleared and I was ready to receive my 15 plants. I called to ask what the shipping would be for the 15 plants, and spoke with the rudest human being on the planet. Needless to say he was beside himself because I dared to send $150 without the shipping costs already included. Trust me, I surely wish I hadn’t. I wish I had never heard of DiMeo Farms much less sent money or made plans to start my farm using their products.

I doubt I will ever see my $150 again. I doubt I will receive any plants. And if he does send any plants I doubt they will be the beautiful 3’ to 4’ healthy plants I saw on the website.

I’m torn as to what to do. I can try writing them via email and request my money back or allow me to pay for shipping. It doesn’t look good no matter what I do. Spending more is not a good idea.

I wish I had read the negative comments before I fell into the DiMeo trap. Their website is very attractive and fills your eyes with beautiful dreams of growing your own blueberries. Perhaps the person who started DiMeo Farms many years ago enjoyed farming. I don’t know. However, the person running it now is a BAD person. He’s either sick, mentally ill or he is just the devil himself. He hates what he does and finds pleasure in upsetting others, and causing their lives to be completely disrupted. Doing business with this man is almost guaranteed to be one experience you’ll never forget.

There are lots of honest people growing and selling blueberries out there. I was mesmerized by their website and by passed others to get to the blueberries grown in New Jersey. I am impressed mostly by the power this company has achieved using you tube videos. All I can say it is NOT what you think it will be. I feel sorry for people working on this farm. I’d recommend looking for another source for your blueberry plants and do not let their self promoting website and videos blind you.

Negative cb61
Kenedy, TX
April 8, 2015
RUDE! RUDE! RUDE! does not begin to define the phone etiquette of this man. I called my post office and asked they contact me when my plants arrived. The post office asked for the tracking #. I called Dimeo Famrs to get the tracking #, and the man who answered immediately stated he didn’t have much time but began schooling me on what the duties of the post office were and if they would not call me on delivery they should be fired. When I tried to explain that I don’t work in the HR department for the post office, he began yelling at me about not having time to look through his paperwork for tracking numbers. However, he continued to lecture me (5 minutes) about issues with my address, and it was my problem I had to use a post office box for delivery, what the post office should and should not do and rambled on for 5 minutes. Instead of wasting my time explaining the duties of the post office, he could have provided better customer service by simply providing the tracking number. Wish I had read reviews on this company prior to ordering. I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN. The only positive thing gained from this experience, I now know the job duties of a postal worker in the event I ever want to work for the post office.
Negative merrydancer
Vancouver, WA
April 1, 2015
RUDE!!! Definitely the most rude phone call I have ever had to a nursery.
Conversation started with my asking if they carried Hannah's Choice blueberries.
Yes. then rep asked if I was company... home gardener, etc. and how many plants did I want. Answered: homeowner and two.. His response.. TWO! YOU CAN'T EVEN MAKE BLUEBERRY PANCAKES WITH TWO PLANTS!! (loud and rude).

I said I already had 18 plants so just wanted to add two plants. His response.. (again loud and rude). My min is 5 plants. I am not your guy if you want two and with that HE HUNG UP!!

I might have actually considered buying 5 as I could give a few to my daughter or friends but that man was SO rude.
Negative njberry1
Folsom, NJ
March 25, 2015
Posted on March 24, 2015, updated March 25, 2015
DiMeo fruit farms, the owner Anthony is not honest about being organic and about his 43 driffent variety of blue berry plants,the fact is he may only have five at most.He adveritise being organic which i had call Erick Bremer from the department of the new jersey agriculture and said to me he meaning Anthony did not take the time out to be certified, Erick said it takes about 4 years to become certified. His 609-633-1738 you can ask him you self. Anthony also has pick your own as organic, this is another lie,,his pick your own fields are conventional only.Then he wants every one to believe it is a family business not true it is his only, there are no family members with him. Then he wants to hold farm weddings there at his farm,,this here he has been told by the pinelands of new jersey its illegal to do so,,he would have to go thought pinelands to get the approvals,,he is zone residential not commerical. When you buy from his company make sure you do research,if not you will be sorry like most of us have,,so dont be taken for a fool,,,,,,,,,,,,,
On March 25th, 2015, njberry1 added the following:

just want to add here if you have an complaint with DiMeo farms you can call Tammie B Wilburn and she is with the NOP in Washington D.C here is her no, 202-260-8638,,,
Negative HenryTS77
Syracuse, NY
February 23, 2015
All I can say about this place is buyer beware. I came across this place in search of a source of blueberry bushes that were large enough to bear fruit the first year. I emailed them a number of times asking for a general listing of what varieties they usually carry and a rough estimate of shipping and was repeatedly told to call them which I felt would be a waste of time considering how many varieties of blueberries there are. I have since read on other forums they do this to get your phone number to hard sell you as since you called them it negates the Do Not Call registry. I then tried asking a couple times on their Facebook page as other did and suddenly I found myself blocked from posting on their page. Any company that treats potential customers like this should be approached with extreme caution.
Neutral berrymandel
Dover, DE
October 31, 2014
I cant explain why these people want to give DiMeo farms a bad reputation by saying things that are clearly un-true.
But, I can and will say this: I have had nothing but EXCELLENT service from them and I have had pleasant telephone conversations personally with Mr. DiMeo and learned so much information from him as he is very knowledgeable. They are truly devoted to small people like me and TREAT THEM THE SAME as if they were large commercial growers. The DiMeo's are amazingly nice people and I hope everyone who reads my comment will learn this and realize they are getting nothing but the BEST from DiMeo Blueberry Farms.

Note from the Garden Watchdog editors...

It is the policy of the Watchdog that customers cannot publish multiple reviews under different usernames in order to manipulate a company's rating. The rating of this comment was written by the same user who posed as "berry1995". Therefore, these reviews have been changed from a positive to neutral rating so they will not affect the overall ratings given by customers.
Neutral berry1995
October 30, 2014
Posted on October 30, 2014, updated October 30, 2014
Posted on March 2, 2014, updated October 30, 2014
Posted on February 19, 2014, updated March 2, 2014
I ordered some Plants, then they canceled my pickup.
They are not real business men.

And no, I am NOT dimeos "competitor".
All his customers and "reviews"on his website are FAKE. they are his friends, I believe.
On March 2nd, 2014, berry1995 added the following:

Take you're business somewhere else.
they 'invite you to drive or fly out' but then tell you they're too busy for tours.

On October 30th, 2014, berry1995 changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

On October 30th, 2014, berry1995 added the following:

I WAS WRONG! I thought that people on here were real, but don't listen to all these negative reviews, they are competitors trying to take DiMeos business.
The DiMeos are real nice people and will help you out when you need it, I have called, gotten return calls, Emailed and had responses, and you can ask them ANYTHING and they will give you their honest answer from decades of growing PREMIUM blueberry plants.

Call them and they will help you, like they did for me.

Thank you so much Mr. DiMeo!
I hope you see this POSITIVE comment!

Note from the Garden Watchdog editors...

It is the policy of the Watchdog that customers cannot publish multiple reviews under different usernames in order to manipulate a company's rating. The rating of this comment was written by the same user who posed as "berrymandel". Therefore, these reviews have been changed from a positive to neutral rating so they will not affect the overall ratings given by customers.
Negative lucansuch
Haverstraw, NY
August 20, 2014
Like a lot of people I was seduced by their nice website and experienced something quite different. I ordered ten blueberry plants in June with explicit written instructions about shipping. I needed them on a schedule as they were being planted at a summer home that is not always occupied. I also asked to be notified upon shipment so I could make arrangements to go plant them if necessary. Simple and reasonable requests.

Nothing happened for six weeks or so. I emailed them asking (nicely) what the problem was and when they were planning to ship, and I got back a scathing, personal attack, and no hint as to when they would ship. I again asked them to notify me when they do ship.

Last week (late August) I visited the summer home and found that there was a (small) package waiting for me at the Post Office, addressed wrong of course. It had been sitting there for a month and of course the plants were dry and crispy. As several people have mentioned the plants were just twigs and the "root balls" were the size of golf balls. The box, with all ten plants in it, was small enough to carry home on a bicycle, which I did.

I'd read the disclaimer on the web site that all sales were final and didn't feel like fighting with them, so I just ate the $150 (they charged like $46 for shipping; the postage was $11). I hadn't been smart enough to look for reviews before I bought, but apparently you are, and you have been warned.

Negative soesfairview
Fairview, NJ
June 3, 2014
I purchased 5 plants from them last year (2013). None of them ever grew or produced. They are just sticks in a pot. I have other blueberry bushes which are thriving and already producing berries. I called up to ask if possibly there was something I did wrong or anything to that effect. The gentleman (lack of a better word) took the phone from the girl who answered and without hearing anything I said yet told me "We don't guarantee our plants, if they died it's your fault and I am not going to argue with you about it." Guess he must hear this a lot. Anyway avoid this company unless you want to spend a few hundred dollars for some dead sticks. There are more negative reviews then positive and neutral combined, that should tell you something. Buyer beware, they know the plants come DOA and will do nothing. I bought some plants from a local nursery and from home depot and they both are already producing big blue berries. I also bought one plant last year from burpee, it was tiny about 5 inches tall. It survived this terrible winter we had this year in new jersey and is now almost 2 feet tall. Shame on you dimeo farms to treat your customers like this. Your company went down the toilet. Bad experience I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy never mind a friend. AVOID AT ALL COSTS UNLESS YOU LIKE TO BUY DEAD STICKS.
Negative Packers000
East Dubuque, IL
May 28, 2014
Posted on May 28, 2014
I have to say that I have never been treated so rudely by a mail order company. The first time I called I explained to a woman that the 10 bushes that I had purchased the previous fall did not grow. Her response was to hang up on me. I called later and talked to one of the rudest men I have ever talked to and after I told him that I planted the bushes the day that I received them as they instructed and they failed to grow. His response was "what do you want me to do?". He then hung up on me as well.

I will never deal with company again. Their moto must be that the customer is never right.
Negative champanier
Kerhonkson, NY (Zone 5b)
May 15, 2014
We were impressed by the website's description of how Dimeo's would be happy to talk with customers and help. Although it was a 3 1/2 hour drive each way, we thought it would be worth the trip. We called first and made an appointment as instructed online. As soon as we pulled in, Mr. Dimeo started screaming at us - literally before we got out of the car. He said he didn't have time to sell to us, didn't want to do retail and we should go somewhere else. He was appallingly rude and condescending. I had a list of six varieties, chosen from those listed on the website. He said he could only sell three varieties, because he didn't have time to find more. He kept repeating that sales were cash only, despite my answering that we had cash. I ended up buying a dozen plants, which was far fewer than I had intended. He said $120 wasn't worth his time and literally told his workers to take them out of our car. In retrospect, I wish I hadn't even given him that much business. I can't say strongly enough how misleading the web information is.
Negative MichiganBuyer
Ann Arbor, MI
May 13, 2014
I might consider buying from these people again, BUT only if I were local - but their "guarantee" on bushes is ZERO. I ordered bushes - called about a dead one and was told that they only guarantee the plant until it leaves the farm.

I wish I had known. Buyer beware. If they send you a weak or dying plant, too bad.
Negative TheNightGarden
Schwenksville, PA
May 13, 2014
Called to place order was told I had to buy 2 bushes of only 3 varieties totally 6 bushes. I asked questions & was told he has been in business for over 100 yrs & knows what grows all over the country. He would not sell me anything but what he wanted to sell. I should have read ALL the negative comments. I cancelled my order to pick up the bushes.
I would not trust that you are getting the bushes you want.
Arrogant & disrespectful. Needs to understand & practice customer service.
Negative samarzdietch
North Troy, VT
May 7, 2014
This farm was listed in one of Cornell's Extension publications. I'm in the market for 1800 high bush blueberries for a 2015 planting commercial PYO. Youtube shows some cool videos of their production and land tillage. Their website seems "Customer Friendly'. I contacted them via email and was asked for my number. They called but never left a msg. so still trying to get a name of a real person. All I had was "caller id". They left 2nd email saying they called - still no name. In Northern NE we work on a first name basis, so having a name is critical. I called back and told the woman I was trying to reach the manager who has contacted me via email but he/she didn't leave a name. She repeatedly told me to 'hang on'. (no problem - that's how some of them are in NJ.) A man got on the phone and I asked him for his name. (trying to figure out who was the email contact person since they never signed a name on the email.) He said, "Are you a certified organic grower?" I said, "I'm in process, what's your name?" His anger and frustration didn't match my inquiry. He said, "Look, I've got 3 million plants and don't need your business!" He then hung up on me. Really? There are so many negative reviews at this website for this particular farm. Do they have some moral issue with selling to the 'little 2 acre parcels?" If so, they shouldn't be marketing their YOUTUBE videos and WEBSITE to commercial PYO growers - as that is what I am.
This is a case of discrimination and false advertising, because they refused to do business today and they advertise to the commercial PYO.
Negative donotpanic
May 6, 2014
When you are being yield on the phone: "we are not interested in this order, and I'm not a free consultant" and have the phone hang-up on you, would you do business with a Company showing that much lack of common sense and such a poor customer service? Not surprised to see such high NEGATIVE comments.
Negative ncfarmer
Stratford, NH
April 25, 2014
I ordered ten plants from Dimeo in June. After several months of waiting, I called and expressed concern about the delay in delivery. The woman I spoke to told me to "chill" as it was too hot to ship them. They finally arrived in late October. I live in northern NH and that's pretty late to plant anything. I called and asked if they felt that it would be OK, and was informed rather curtly that they ship blueberries all over the northern U.S. and I shouldn't be concerned. In the spring, I found that two had survived the winter. I called and asked if they would be willing to at least give me a bit of a discount on a re-order. Wow, talk about rude. I was told that they weren't in the business of giving plants away and there was no way they were giving me any discount. I recommend looking elsewhere for your bushes.
Negative groundsgirl
Hillsville, VA
April 25, 2014
I have just experienced the most rude unethical exchange with a vendor of my entire life. I am a horticulturalist and landscape designer, now working on a project that would encompass a large number of plants. From the website I decided to order 20 to see how the product was shipped etc. But could not even maintain a civil connection for a long enough period to get this order accomplished. There has to be a reputable vendor for blue berry bushes ???? But until I find one I refuse to ever be treated this way..
Negative heartlandMO
Breckenridge Hills, MO
April 24, 2014
I am the type of person who tries to support organic and NON GMO foods as much as I possibly can. So when I found Dimeo Farms for blueberries I thought I had struck gold. All the videos and the LONG pages on their website made me feel like they were a family farm trying to do good. Boy, did I get burned.

I didn't email and couldn't find a place to order online but the website said to call. I did and left a message. The outgoing message said I would get a return phone call within a day. I didn't so the next day I called again. That should have been my first red flag. If you are going to do business online, have a way to order via online. But I figured maybe they would rather be more personal, so I didn't fret that. I called and got the a**hole that apparently runs the place. He asked me if I had called previously. I said yes. I said I wanted to order 5 bushes and asked about the pink lemonade plants. He said those were not part of the $10 plants. I said ok and asked what varieties I had to choose from.

I tried to ask a question but was treated so rudely that I went into a bit of shock. However, after him blathering on for a few minutes I got the information to send the check. That should have been the second red flag. If you are doing business online, you need to accept credit cards. Having to send a check isn't convenient. But I now understand WHY they have you send a check.

It is so that when you get the blueberry bushes and realize they are not what was advertised you can't get your money back.

This is the worst I have ever been treated by any company. And honestly, I hope the plants live. I have no idea what they are. I emailed a short email after receiving my order to ask what I received and was told "we told you already". HUH? So you looked up to see that I place an order and instead of telling me the variety you get rude via email?

At this point, I am going to see what it takes to have them investigated because they are claiming Organic.

I strongly suggest as many people as possible avoid this company. I normally don't want any company to go out of business, but this one needs to be gone.
Negative Hjemgut
Urbandale, IA
April 12, 2014
Don't purchase from them. They sent me beautiful plants with butchered roots. Did not label varieties so have no idea what they sent to me.
Negative ClintTheHint
Rogers, AR
April 11, 2014
This 'farm' is a scam.

They do not list the varieties they sale.
When you call, they try and force a hard sell of the varieties they want to sell you.
When you further inquire about which other varieties are for sale, they hang up the phone in you.

This was my experience, and I would NEVER buy anything from them.
Negative Gardener14
Brooksville, FL
April 11, 2014
Like others, I wish I had read these reviews before doing business with Dimeo Farms.

Our initial experience with them wasn't nearly as unpleasant as it could have been in retrospect. We did some research(clearly not enough) and came upon their wonderful website. It all seemed like exactly what we were looking for to feed our young boys.

We tried to order via e-mail and were told to call. Seemed a little strange, but, we went ahead and called them immediately. We asked a couple questions about varieties and the man on the phone answered them extremely hurriedly and said he was on his thousandth call of the day and had to take others. We started to ask about soil, and elemental sulfur and told him we'd been working our soil for a year and he said we'd get all the info we needed when the plants were shipped. He assured us that we'd get shipment notification and that they'd even get here during spring break so the family could plant together.

We agreed to send him a check out the next day for 8, 3 year old 4' tall, blueberry plants and we did exactly that. The check cleared a few days later and we assumed our 4' bushes, ready to fruit, were on the way. A month later, with no notification, a 2' box showed up at the door. Obviously, that couldn't be them...8 4' bushes can't fit in a tiny 2' box...

Well, they were. That's when we started to worry. We opened it up, soaked them for an hour and planted them immediately afterward per the instructions. All 8 of the twigs. These are no bushes, they're barely even qualified as plants. They talk about quarter sized berries, when maybe they meant quarter sized roots. The largest twig was 21" tall and the shortest 11".

But, their website promises a family owned business who love people and berries and give expert advice, right? We thought we'd still be fine. We gave it a few days. 2 of the plants grew a couple leaves. We sent an e-mail asking if maybe we missed some important information in the shipping notification which we never got. The e-mail wasn't returned. After another week we decided to call and try to get some friendly advice as to what we should do with the now 4 plants that weren't showing much of any signs of life.

That's when we clearly had the real Dimeo experience that everyone here is talking about. The man who answered the phone immediately said he was busy taking hundreds of calls and demanded to know what I wanted before even saying hello. When I said I just needed a little advice because my 4' tall plants came as 1-2' tall and some of them didn't seem to be growing any leaves or buds he flew into a rage of hate and vitriol. My jaw simply dropped listening to him go on and on. Thankfully he spared me from listening to more as he abruptly hung up on me mid-rant.

Bottom line is, don't do business with these guys. Their sales pitch of huge, beautiful blueberry bushes turn into expensive twigs at your doorstep. The promise of experienced family farmers helping you out turns into bizarre, hate filled rants.

I gave Dimeo Farms nearly $200 of grocery money that should have gone to feeding my children in order to grow our own blueberries and all I got was some expensive, perfect pH, rich, drip irrigated soil with two 2' tall twigs with a few leaves, two that at least have green twigs, and four plants I severely doubt will ever make it.

After ordering from Dimeo I realized I had room for two more, which I sourced from elsewhere. Those two are nice 3' tall bushes which are doing beautifully. When I finally decide that Dimeo's plants are nothing but junk, and I find the money to replace my losses, I'll replace them with real blueberry plants from real farmers.
Negative ikes
Wisconsin Rapids, WI
April 8, 2014
I will spare everyone the gruesome details of the conversation, but the guy that deals with customer service is crazy. In short I never was able to ask my question after 3 phone calls. I want to cancel my order but doubt that I will be able to even get a word in. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH DIMEO FARMS! It takes a lot to get me worked up but this guy along with his arrogance was able to do it in two phone calls that were less than 2 minutes in duration - total.
Negative bushbass
Sparta, NJ
April 3, 2014
Just got off the phone with this guy. Rudest customer service ever. I had talked to him a week ago and arranged for a mid April delivery. I just found out I will be away for work so I emailed to ask if he can ship right away instead. After a brief conversation he says "do you hear that? it's the sound of me shredding your card" and he hangs up on me. Wow. Just looked up one of his competitors on here and apparently this guy is such a jerk he poses as customers to post negative reviews on other blueberry farm's pages. scroll down it's the only one that's not a positive review:
Negative khwsc
Moore, SC
March 26, 2014
I don't think I've ever been treated with as much disrespect as I got this morning from the guy who answers your phone! It's not my problem that he averages over 100 calls a day and has three people on hold. I ordered my product from you and based on your website and YouTube videos, got the impression that you were the ones to go with. Never mind my question, that was the first and last time I will use you and I will certainly let everyone I know who is considering ordering from you, not to do so. I'm in the service industry and wouldn't even dream of talking to a customer the way your employee or possible owner (I have no idea) spoke to me today. Good luck in the future. I'm originally from PA, live in SC now- heard rumors if the New Jersey attitude but never believed it til now. By the way- simple solution-HIRE more help! JW
Negative fireman0053
Port Republic, VA
March 19, 2014
I emailed them about ordering six blueberry bushes of different varieties that we could not locate elsewhere after we found their website. Received a response and they told us to give them a call and they would take care of us. So my wife does and I see her jaw drop as the conversation was going on and she was not the one doing the talking. When she got off the phone she told me that was the rudest man she has ever had a conversation with and she said anytime she tried to ask a question the guy went into about how long he had been in business and pretty much was not helpful at all in answering any of her questions. Well, she never ordered and told me about the conversation and I thought well maybe the guy was having a bad day so I called myself and was treated pretty much the same way so whomever I talked to must have been the same person she spoke with. I must say I would plant a row of poison ivy before I bought a thing off these folks and I will attest to the negative reviews in regard to trying to do business with them and they need to get someone who is a bit more helpful and a little less combative when you have questions. They may have been in business for sometime but it wasn't due to the person my wife and I spoke with. We will be happy to take our business elsewhere and I would drive 500 miles out of my way before I bought a thing from these people.
Negative misc592
Cedar Springs, MI
March 18, 2014
I was GOING to place an order for $220 worth of plants, but wanted to know the shipping costs to make sure we could afford to buy that many plants. The company kept insisting that we "call" them, but we wanted to know the total costs before we called them, so we could just place the order for what we could afford at this time, rather than having to waste time 'negotiating' or being exposed to a hard sale tactic. Some of their plants don't specify that you can only order 5 at a time, so we had several where we ordered 3. We were informed that we had to order 5, so we just eliminated those and ended up only ordering 5 blueberry bushes and 5 raspberry bushes, but still asking for the shipping costs. Today, we received an e-mail stating they would 'pass' on the order. Sent them a note saying 'okay, done' - we were viery irritated with them. Very glad this happened since we didn't find the negative remarks about them until we did another search today on line looking for blueberry bushes and ran across your website. Thank you for making this site available so we can post about negative (and positive!) experiences with companies selling on line! I would recommend that NO one order from this company in view of all the negative experiences of past customers - I only saw 2 positive experiences and I feel that those customers were definitely the exception when it comes to Dimeo Blueberry Farms.
Negative Brexous
Campbellsburg, IN
March 17, 2014
After doing some extensive research on growing blueberries I decided to choose Dimeo Blueberry Farms as my supplier. So on 3/10/14, I decided to give them a call and get the scoop on some bulk blueberry bushes. The guy answers the phone "good morning how can I help you?" My response was a friendly "good morning how are you today?" and oh my god did I open a can of worms inside this guys head. He ranted off That he was really busy and already had answered a 100 calls in the last hour, and that he didn't have time for small talk and replied with a very nasty "What do you want? I'm busy here". Woah, Now I am about to place an order, spending my hard earned money to a guy on the other end of the line, who just got really crappy with me for asking him how he was doing? I think not, In fact I ended it quite fast and told him I would take my business else where, that I don't do business with folks like that, And his response was "that's ok I have plenty more customers".

I have never had such poor customer service trying to buy something in my life , I'm really surprised these guys are still in business. Maybe he was having a bad day, but from the looks of the reviews on this site, This is pretty common behavior. I'm still looking for a nice company to do business with for the long haul, I'm eager to get some plants in the ground and grow some tasty blueberries for the farmers market and for home.
Negative KimAlexander
North Manchester, IN
March 8, 2014
I have never written a review for any company's service be it good or bad. However I just experienced the worst customer service in my life and feel compelled to warn others about this company. I never actually placed an order because the conversation I had with the guy who answered the phone was so bad, I can't even imagine how I would have been treated after he got my money. He was abrupt through the conversation but got down right nasty when I asked him how the plants would be delivered. He proceeded to tell me that it didn't matter because the US postal service , FedEx and UPS were all the same. I told him FedEx was a private company and their delivery method was different than the US post office at our home due to our long drive. He RANTED about the fact they were all the same. I tried to explain that FedEx won't come down our drive and I wouldn't want our bushes left out at the road. He then switched his tune and said, "I told you the plants were being delivered via the US post office . When I reminded him that he said they were all the same, he got irate. It was the most bizarre experience and the worst example of customer service I've ever had. I ended up hanging up ion him as he ranted. I was going to place an order for 25 blueberry plants which I know isn't a big order but to treat the public this way is beyond unprofessional. Again, I can't imagine how awful I would have been treated had they already received my money.
Negative juleeque
Amity, AR (Zone 7b)
February 19, 2014
I spoke with Anthony Dimeo in Feb. 2014, inquiring about blueberry plants and wanting to confirm that they are free of any systemic pesticides b/c we also have an apiary. He sounded so bored with his job and proceeded to tell me what I wanted and started to argue with me, raising his voice when I asked any questions. Seems it was the same "blah, blah, blah" that others have mentioned...."working here since I was 12, etc." Sounded like he was the 'robot'. I won't bore you with all the details, just look at the other negative reviews and you can get the gist of what every conversation is like. However, I did call back a couple minutes later as I wanted to ask what kind of blueberry plants do they sell, and that is when he lost his cork. And he commenced to telling me that it didn't matter what he said, go do the research yourself, then come back and tell me what you want; b/c it doesn't matter what you say, you're going to do the research on what I say" etc etc. But he did say "I'm going to RESPECTFULLY" decline this transaction...I"ve got 2 ppl on hold one in WI ordering 1200 plants and another in Mass. ordering 600 plants...blah blah blah. So I ask...'If you have 2 ppl on hold, why is this joker wanting to stay on the line and argue AT me? Personally, I think he was lying..and if I felt a company was lying to me I would also think it wouldn't be beyond them to lie to me about their product. After seeing the negatives here, I am glad he hung up on me. This type of business owner should not be allowed to be a representative of Organic farmers....thankfully, ALL of the other companies I have dealt with are complete opposites...