The scoop on 'Argyle Acres'

Argyle Acres

910 Pioneer Circle East
Argyle, Texas 76226-6714 (United States)

Fax: 1-866-320-4747 (toll
Paper Catalog Cost: 2 first-class stamps

Comments:

Positive JoeSpears
Argyle, TX
June 19, 2013
I owned Argyle Acres for 20 years. It has been sold and now is located in Wautoma, WI. Please go to the Web ste for information.
Positive koiwings
Edgewood, NM
November 7, 2008
This was my first year to order iris from Argyle Acres and ordered from several other companies as well. The rhizomes from Argyle were so large and healthy looking and rooted very quickly. I ordered early and got my order with no substitutions but with a couple of extras thrown in. The communication via email was excellent as well. I can not wait until Spring to see what beauties I have.
Positive Chere
Oakhurst, CA
September 24, 2008
The rhizomes were huge and beautiful. I even showed my husband. I planted all of them and they are all rooting. I already have my wish list for next year. I will let you know how they bloom.
Positive TxIris
Hurst, TX
September 1, 2007
I just received my iris order, and the rhizomes are beautiful! They're large, clean, and healthy looking, and I and wait to get them in the ground. They also threw in 2 extras (I ordered about 10 irises from them.) They have basic plastic stakes attached, so I knew immediately which was which.
Positive Sarconti
Durham, ME (Zone 4a)
December 30, 2006
I was a first time customer last year, my first on line ordering experience. I not knowing the iris season was in Feb ordered in June normal timing in my state. They still had much to choose from and sent things in the right timing for my zone. I learned to order much earlier, when the snow is still outside. Two iris bloomed this year, Ola Kala and Starple. I expect more will bloom next year. Lost some not due to anything but flooding rains this year.

I ordered many antique varieties and a few moderns this year and all came with Name tags ready to plant with the iris. All are doing great and the bonuses are just a pleasing as if I picked them out myself.

Will be ordering again no doubt.
Positive slq_iris
Lawton, OK (Zone 7b)
September 6, 2006
This is the first year that I have ordered iris from Argyle. They arrived in great shape and labelling is fantastic. Each plant had a stake with it that is suitable for placing in the garden to identify it. This really helps eliminate a lot of works. I particularly like the wide variety of historic irises that are available from this grower.
Positive Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ (Zone 9a)
March 30, 2006
I've ordered a few times from them and will again. Always nice, large, healthy rhziomes, and free extras too. They are good at answering e-mails and have been helpful!
Positive ydalsiri
Bend, OR
September 29, 2004
I ordered iris for the first time from Argyle Acres. I've purchased iris a few other well-known places but Argyle Acres sent me rhizomes that were absolutely astounding!
Large, many-budded, in excellent shape, and they were well-packaged. They rooted more quickly than other iris I had ordered, too. I will definitely be ordering from Argyle Acres for many years to come. I could not have been more pleased with the product. And the bonus rhizomes were just as lovely as the ones I paid for!
THANK YOU, ARGYLE ACRES!!!!!
Positive clairelise
Pleasant Grove, UT (Zone 6a)
August 7, 2004
This was my first experience ordering iris online and I was very pleased. The rhizomes were large and fresh, and so healthy looking. And, I was happy they included an iris from my substitution list as a bonus.
Positive shearpamela
Flower Mound, TX (Zone 7b)
April 21, 2004
Argyle Acres is a great place here in Texas that sells all kinds of wonderful Iris's, and ships everywhere. Their website is: [HYPERLINK@www.argyleacres.com] and they have thousands available. They are a state licensed and inspected nursery. They guarantee all their plants to be true to name as registered with the American Iris Society. The order deadline is July 31st for shipping in September. They have historic and modern varieties, one named Swertii is 400 years old. Some have unique fragrances, such as:
September Sailor - root beer
Grape Situation - grape kool-aid
Chanel Fragrance - chanel perfume
Witches Brew - liqorice
Lemon Pledge - lemon

All are gorgeous and healthy!!!
Positive iriscat0306
January 20, 2004
Argyle Acres has been my personal favorite for years. They are especially good for providing iris which will weather the Texas heat, as iris from other states sometimes "burn up" here. Argyle iris have always been huge and healthy, and they always throw in great (also huge) bonus iris with an order. Their web site is easy to use (www.argyleacres.com), and they communicate well with their customers, especially by email. I have been visiting their display gardens for years, and have always enjoyed their friendliness, helpfulness, and the high quality of their product.