The scoop on 'Little Giant Blueberries'

Little Giant Blueberries

Hartford, Michigan 49057-8000 (United States)

Phone: 1-866-518-2290

This company is affiliated with Gardener's Choice

Comments:

Negative nurseanne2
Lincolnville, SC
June 3, 2012
we ordered both the blue berries and black berries from the company. Both arrived in good time but after 6 wks now, no grown, they still look like dead sticks in the ground. they are planted in good soil in large containers to control their spread, but no growth so far.
Negative kstewskis
Tempe, AZ
July 4, 2011
I will also add my .02 to this "Little Giant" blueberry company....stay away from them.

I did receive my order, however I only received one plant (out of three ordered, in the small box, wrapped in plastic), with a note saying that "this might be part of a separate shipment of your complete order." That additional shipment never came.

Attempted contacting them about where the shipment went has proven futile, it's a rip off. You'd do better at your local nursery.
Negative SoCalTim
San Bernardino, CA
April 20, 2011
Order placed mid March, recieved an E-Mail stating they were mailed March 31st., 20 days and still no order. I called on the 15th and was told my order was lost in the mail but that they will not re-send till 21 days have past. I will call again tomorrow and see what happens. After reading other posts I well also keep an eye on credit card statements. Will keep you posted.
Neutral Baco60
Des Moines, IA
May 14, 2010
Check out the USDA on Little giant blueberrys. They might need standard blueberrys to polinate. Like other blueberrys, they do best in slightly acid, well drained soils. Like everything else, they have pest and disease problems. do not expect to get a crop of fruit without work and good luck!
Negative buffalohump
Piedmont, OK
April 23, 2010
I have also had a bad experience with Giant Blueberry Co.
tried to fine out what size the were and how many i will receive for my payment, and automatically took my info and
placed a order without my approval. As soon as this happened
i immediately phoned them and ask what size i would receive and why this happened. no answer, they advise me they are 1-2 "
tall ,thats a rip off ,so I canceled the order. the operator did ,but could not provide ticket number OK all well and good,but a charge of 204.50 showed up on my credit card , more phone calls and complaining OK that went away ,now four weeks later a charge for 18.55 shows up, called again, said i received a discount of 70.00 some dollars on my first order that was canceled and that they are in transit,and he can't cancel it. but i can refuse the unopened package and it would be returned at no cost to me.OK don't' hold you breath.
on that one! now this all started 4-5 weeks ago and i still have not received a shipment. but i did get another pending charge on the card for 89.98 for a Giant tomato plant guess what phone number ? yep the same company.. ! sorry S.O.B.'s

Negative Johco
East Orange, NJ
April 14, 2010
Consumer Fraud Alert! Stay away from this company. I fell for the TV advertisment and ordered 9 plants. They took over 6 weeks to arrive and they were a joke. Only 3 plants arrived, all in a small (2"x4"x6") box. The plants were each packed in a loose plastic bag. Each plant was one or two stems about 2 1/2" long and about 1/8" dia. with a small dried out root cluster with about a tablespoon of dried out soil. I called and complained to Little Giant and they refused to refund the "shipping and handling" costs. These plants will probably not survive and if they do, they won't bear fruit for several years.
Positive torrejon224
Springfield, OR
April 13, 2010
Plants arrived as expected and in excellent shape (bare Root). Placed them in seperate containers using Miracle Grow soil, mushroom compost and top soil mixed and they are currently growing at a rapid rate and flowering also. I am very happy with this purchase so far. Once planted outdoors, my opinion may change but so far, so good.
Negative cutter7900
Olympia, WA
April 13, 2010
I signed up for Daveís Garden just to warn others to STAY AWAY. I tried to buy 2 orders of Little Giant Blueberries online for $20. Without giving me an opportunity to confirm my order (For exampleÖ a page showing my final order with shipping charges asking you to confirm the purchase as one does with every other online purchase ) the website brought me straight to a page thanking me for my 4 orders (not 2 which I had intended) and charging me $88. I immediately called them them to clarify the order, but it was Sunday and they were closed. I called at 9am on Monday morning (the next day) and was told that the order had already shipped and there was nothing they could do. I didnít believe them and asked for a tracking number which I was told would be supplied via email which never came. The plants arrived 2 weeks later. Two of the 12 plants were alive and have started growing.

Look at the Postage & Handling charges! The plants come in bundles of 3. Each bundle costs $10, but the P&H is about $12 per bundle. The package shipping fee on the box that came to me was $0.87, yet I was charged $48 for Postage and Handling, which is why they can offer a 100% gurantee and supply dead plants because they already have your money in the $12 per bundle handling fee that is non refundable.

BUT WAIT!!! THEREíS MORE!!!!! Not only did all of the above reak of a scam, but within 3 days of placing the order I BEGAN RECEIVING UNSOLICITED PHONE CALLS from mortgage companies and credit card companies on my cell phone for the first time in the 7 years that Iíve had that number (the number provided to Blueberry Giant). The people on these phone calls immediately hang up on me when I ask to be taken off of their list, and proceed to call again the next day. Iíve registered on the Do Not Call Registry and they have a couple of days before their calls become illegal.

I highly suggest against any dealings with this company.