The scoop on 'Long Ago Roses'

Long Ago Roses

7 East Berkley St
Granite Falls, North Carolina 28630 (United States)

Comments:

Positive Patty57
Wake Forest, NC (Zone 7b)
January 23, 2014
This was my first order from Linda. Communication has been excellent with her with many inquiries of myself to her; such a patient woman! Rec'd roses in the mail today and they are healthy and wrapped very well. I have more that will be coming in the spring from Linda and I look forward to receiving them as well. Hope to pay Linda a visit over in the lovely foothills of NC this spring. Great job Linda!!!
Positive musaboru
Ontario, CA
June 26, 2013
Linda is such a lovely woman to deal with. I wanted a rose that I couldn't find anywhere else available. This variety was out of stock here too. Linda put me on a waiting list at my discretion and did not forget at all to contact me when the rose was available a year later.

Shipping and plant costs are very reasonable for rose bands. I'm saddened she will not be shipping to California anymore due to agricultural regulations. I wish I can continue ordering from Long Ago Roses for the price is right and the variety is so great for OGRs.

Highly recommended for band roses.
Positive Gascoigne
Shawnee Mission, KS (Zone 5a)
June 25, 2013
Linda is amazing... She has antique, English & other old garden roses you will not find often...for an extremely reasonable price! Her roses are so obviously lovingly grown, so well packed (each one is wrapped in brown paper to protect the foliage from breaking, yet it breathes) and the rootballs are also wrapped, separately. You won't ever find foliage or stems taped to the box. Instead she picks a snug box so the plants won't bounce around. She loves the plants she grows and gives each one individual comments and takes the time to describe her experiences growing it. Her prices are so reasonable....i always get very generous plants compared to some places which easily charge double or more for smaller plants. She is so nice, too, a HUGE plus, and very honest and candid about the sizes you get... . I wanted to add a rose that was not in her ebay list and she was very accommodating in helping me out. I have gotten two orders from her this season and they are the healthiest own root roses you will find anywhere!!!!!! Waaaaaay to go! You will NOT be disappointed in Long Ago Roses!!!!!!!! Thank you , Linda!!!!

Positive GreenandGrowing7
Marcola, OR
May 13, 2012
I just received my order of eight roses from Long Ago Roses.
The bands were very carefully packed for shipping and made the long trip to the West Coast in perfect condition. The plants are large and healthy with well-developed roots.

As others have mentioned in previous posts, Linda Loe's prices and shipping are very reasonable. She always replies to emails quickly and answers any questions or concerns you may have.

I have ordered from several other online rose nurseries, and this one is simply one of the very best. Linda offers a very large selection of beautiful older rose varieties that are hard to find elsewhere. Do not hesitate to order from this wonderful nursery!
Positive sunsign5
Ipswich, MA
June 1, 2011
Posted on May 12, 2011, updated June 1, 2011
Received healthy roses. Super quick shipping and great communication. Many varieties to choose from. Always a postive experience from this company from a seller who cares about what she sells.
On June 1st, 2011, sunsign5 added the following:

Received 3 more roses from this seller. Well packed, shipped quickly and excellent quality for the price.

Have never been disappointed in any rose from this seller.
Positive Nastarana
Utica, NY
May 13, 2011
Roses were healthy and well packed. I was a little concerned about shipping bareroot, but the root balls were so well contained in their bags that there was no danger at all of roots separating from the stems. The "small" rose offered for a reduced price was perfectly healthy; I have received much worse at full price from other sources.

Excellent communications; this vendor truly cares about her roses and her customers.

Prices are so reasonable that buyers are well advised to order early for best selection.
Positive bbwv
Buckhannon, WV
May 24, 2010
I ordered two roses from Long Ago Roses recently, and they arrived within one week even though I had paid by a mailed check. The plants were well packed and looked very healthy. I knew they would be small, but they were actually a little larger than I expected. The prices, especially for shipping, are very reasonable. What’s more is that Linda was extremely knowledgeable and helpful and answered all of my emails swiftly. I would most definitely recommend this company to anyone who loves old roses and would order again in the blink of an eye!
Positive SerenaSYH
Overland Park-Kansas City, KS
May 5, 2010
I wanted to say how much I love Long Ago Roses! Linda Loe is a truly wonderful, lovely lady and nursery owner. My baby band roses Crepuscule and Viking Queen arrived in gorgeous, mint condition and on time too! The leaves are so shiny and healthy and glossy, and I got a pretty flower bud "ready-to-go". I still run out to look at my gorgeous V.Q. throughout the day. I still can't believe how beautiful and pristine this baby band is!

Linda's got a wonderful website too, especially for us no-spray, organic gardeners. You can find her honest comments about blackspot performance and all the details. And you get to see some beautiful photos of her roses as well.

Her prices are very nice, and it works out perfectly when you order way ahead in advance, that way for the next upcoming year, when the roses are ready to go, she always selects the largest bands she can get for you. And when the roses are ready to be shipped out, that's when you pay through PayPal which is very convenient. Also she was so caring and helpful when I got stuck on trying to decide which roses to get (I worry a lot about fragrance and rebloom factors, as well as the BS resistance).

If it came to rating nurseries between 1-10, Linda's got my personal "100" rating. Hurray for Long Ago Roses!