The scoop on 'Bell's Daylily Garden'

Bell's Daylily Garden

1305 Griffin Rd
Sycamore, Georgia 31790 (United States)

Comments:

Positive susxmedic
Harbeson, DE (Zone 7b)
May 14, 2010
Great plants, always sends double fans. Blooms are true to pictures and hardy in my zone 7 garden.
Positive Betja
Bakersfield, CA
April 29, 2010
I just received my first order from Bell's Daylily Gardens and I had a very wonderful experience. I sent in my order without really knowing anything about them except what I had read through the Daylily Forum, and because I could suggest gift plants I was able to get three of the four daylilies I had lost out on after moving everything around in my garden and waiting for over a week to receive my order from another nursery and then suddenly having my order cancelled because they did not ship to California after all that. I received back three big, beautiful triple fans from Bell's eleven days after mailing my order from California to Georgia and will be planting them today. I really recommend this daylily nursery, and the only thing I could suggest for improvement would be for them to get a business email address so people could confirm easily and quickly whether they have certain daylilies in stock and shipping dates. They do have a wonderful website, and I'm sure this will not be my last order with them. Thank you so much Tim and Linda Bell!
Positive Palomino33
Omega, GA (Zone 8b)
January 23, 2010
Couldn't help but add my comments here. I have purchased daylilies from Tim Bell for the past few years. I have always enjoyed visiting his gardens, which are a sight to behold. His plants are well cared for. The only thing that keeps me from buying there consistently is some of the flowers I want, I can't afford. "Cadillac taste with a Volkswagon pocketbook"

Buy from Tim Bell, you won't go wrong.
Negative KYGardenGirl
Georgetown, KY
April 29, 2009
I was very disappointed with my first experience with Bell's. More than half the daylilies in my order didn't make it. Some started dying within days of receipt, others died over the winter. I don't know if it was the particular varieties I happened to buy, or maybe they don't do well in my area. Just for comparison, I only lost one other daylily last winter, besides theirs. I grow hundreds of daylilies from many different hybridizers, and this is the worst experience I've had in over 15 years of growing daylilies.
Positive clumboy
September 10, 2008
I have never received daylily clumps the size of my head before! These plants were shipped right when i asked for them, and even though they were varietities offered "on sale" the clumps were gigantic. Everything was well packed, Tim was very pleasant on the phone. All in all a positive experience. Would recommend this seller highly.
Positive mattsmom
Tomah, WI
August 24, 2008
Tim Bell is one of the best sellers out there. I have ordered from him twice & both times was amazed at the daylilies I received. They are phenomenal. Extra fans, great roots, healthy & green. Shipping was very prompt. I wish there was a rating above positive, because that is what Bell's Daylily Gardens deserves.
On August 15th, 2009, mattsmom added the following:

Once again, received a beautiful order of daylilies from Tim. His daylilies are the best! Huge, extra fans, enormous roots & very healthy. His customer service is outstanding, but every aspect of dealing with Bell's Daylily Garden is! You can not go wrong with this exceptional seller!
Positive RobertWM
Clawson, MI
May 28, 2007
I received very fresh, HEFTY, plants from the Bells, a TRIPLE fan of one of their new intros, (Most hybridizers give you one, rarely two fans.) plus an even larger, and unexpected, bonus.
Positive mmfmich
Grand Rapids, MI (Zone 5b)
August 24, 2006
In a word....Wow! I have ordered from at least 20 different hybridizers this year and without a doubt, these were the most impressive plants I received. They were the size of small shrubs! The bonuses were generous and Tim was nice as could be. I'm hooked.
Positive LaLambchop
Chapin, SC (Zone 7b)
November 9, 2005
A friend sent me one of Tim's intro's. as a gift. She explained to him that she was concerned that I would already have the bonus as I have gotten a lot of daylilies recently. He "solved" the situation by sending three fans on another of his introductions as a bonus!!! The plants are healthy and have the longest roots I've ever seen. I called to thank him and found him to be knowledgeable and friendly. I would order from them in a heartbeat.

Leslie/LaLambchop
Maitland, FL
Positive Lanan
Hawkinsville, GA (Zone 8b)
March 20, 2005
Visited Bell's Garden last year for a Tinker's get together. We spent the day touring the most beautiful daylily garden I have ever seen. It was very clean and wonderfully landscaped. Tall pine trees provided just enough dappled shade to keep things cooled off and colors vivid. Seemed like miles and miles of beautiful daylilies mixed with lovely tropicals and other perennials. I loved the goldfish ponds he had within his beautiful flower beds. Tim had a BBQ lunch catered in to feed the group. It was wonderful also. The huge daylilies I purchased were freshly dug out of the best soil I have ever seen. Black gold if you ask me. The whole time Tim was shaking the soil out of the roots, I was hoping that he would leave just some of it for me to carry home. He gave several huge fans for a double fan price. Even the (most generous) bonus was more than a double fan. I couldn't have asked for more. I will be returning this year, as they also have gift certificates and I got one for Valentines day from my husband. I can't wait to visit the garden again and pick which daylilies I will carry home this year. Tim and his family are wonderful Christian people whom anyone would love to meet. Many other plants are for sale too. Tim has many of his own registrations and seedlings on display. Just wonderful! I think that all should take time to visit Tim Bell's Daylily Garden. I know I will return for years to come. Take time to visit their website and you will get a small peek into this wonderful place. Online one can also download an order form and tour their price/cultivar list. Don't forget to take a look at Tim's intros online. Wowza! Orders may be mailed in or you can always call and speak with Tim in person. Hope that this has been helpful to all. Lana
Positive mlarnold
July 29, 2003
This is a Top-Notch garden run by Top-Notch people. All plants shipped are extrememly healthy, fresh and true to name. A SUPER place to shop!
Positive FLGator
Valdosta, GA
November 8, 2002
Probably the most attractive daylily garden I have ever seen. Has a wide variety of the newest lilies and Tim is extremely friendly and helpful. Great bonuses and will replace any lost plants.
Positive Laramie
July 2, 2002
Ordered in 2001 and June 2002. Healthy, beautiful daylilies. Nice catalog. Ordered by phone and Mr. Bell was extremely helpful. Rapid delivery.
Positive Simpson
April 25, 2002
Tim Bell is the nicest person you'd ever want to meet. Have ordered from Bell's for 3 years now and the plants and service are top notch. Generous bonuses also.
Positive dirtyharry
Aurora, CO (Zone 5a)
January 9, 2002
I was very pleased with the plants and the service from this garden. Puts out a nice catalog.
Positive frankie4
Walhalla, SC
January 9, 2002
Have purchased plants from Tim Bell directly and by mail order. His daylily gardens are well cared for and truly beautiful, and Tim is one of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet. Have been extremely pleased with the health and size of his plants. Just placed another order this morning!