The scoop on 'Quality Maples and More'

Quality Maples and More

Quality Maples and More has 88 products listed in PlantScout.

Modesto, California 95356
(United States)

Comments:

Positive directorrod
Rockton, IL
June 7, 2013
Paul at Quality Maples and More consistently provides some of the very nicest Japanese Maples available on line. Besides the high quality of the trees, his desire that customers are completely satisfied is apparent in every aspect of his operation, including excellent communication and shipping.
Positive winch79
West Bridgewater, MA
March 26, 2012
I ordered a Mikawa Yatsabusa from Quality Maples and More and received it 6 days later during a big snow storm in Feb. I was very pleased with the size, branch structure, grafting and packing. I will being buying from them everytime in the future.
Positive aphidy
Saugus, MA
March 3, 2012
I have been using davesgarden.com for years, but actually just registered today to leave this review!

I just received 12 maples from Paul at Quality Maples and More today.

Aka Kawa Hime x 2
Shindeshojo
Tatoo

Aureum x 2
Autumn Moon

I was blown away by the quality and the size of these grafts. The grafting joints are very clean with very nice tapers. Great if you're planning to train these for bonsai. The maples I received are pretty much the same sizes as shown on the pictures on the website. Most of the dwarf cultivars are surprisingly very well branched.

I also bought a couple of Japanese maples Paul does not have from another seller at the same time on Ebay. Those maples were also labeled "2 - 3 year old graft", but they are a lot smaller and arrived in tiny pots with very loose soil.

Paul shipped the 12 maples in 2 big boxes, which took 5 days to arrive. They were well packed with newspaper and foam. I only found 2 tiny one-inch broken twigs, and the soil barely moved inside the pots.

Paul answers emails quickly and is very honest. He even refunded some shipping cost because it turned out to be cheaper. Who does that??

Anyway, I just ordered 8 more Japanese maples from him today! :)
Positive watchdogal
Posted on July 3, 2010, updated July 17, 2010
Posted on June 12, 2010, updated July 3, 2010
Posted on June 5, 2010, updated June 12, 2010
Posted on June 1, 2010, updated June 5, 2010
I was searching local nurseries for a Lions Head Maple (Shishigashira) and the cost was so expensive I decided to try Ebay and came across QUALITY MAPLES AND MORE....they also have a website QUAILTYMAPLESANDMORE.COM. I purchased a 2-3 FT VERY well branched Lions head for $19. This was promptly shipped across country to my home in CT by FEDEX and received it by the weekend. It was so well packaged that it couldn't move in the shipping box and the root ball was intact.....VERY PLEASED and since have ordered another variety of their MANY Japanese Maples. You will be amazed at the quality and size of their trees.
On June 5th, 2010, watchdogal added the following:

UPDATE on 6-5-10...I loved the LIONS HEAD MAPLE I got last week so much I ordered a KAMAGATA last week (direct from website) which arrived this morning...another beautiful JM and packaged really nice and secure again....didn't lose a speck of dirt off the root ball......and VERY HEALTHY looking......Got another tree on order again which should come next week......
On June 12th, 2010, watchdogal added the following:

June 12th today and I just got 3 more Japanese Maples (BENI SCHICHIHENGE, KOTO MARU and another KAMAGATA) from this vendor Quality Maples and More from their website again. ALL very nicely branched and good size...2-3 ft. Again packaged with care and arrived like they never traveled from CA to CT. 2 small ones for container planting and one larger for the garden....looks like I will have a Japanese Garden here in CT soon.....VERY PLEASED with QUALITY MAPLES and MORE......

On July 3rd, 2010, watchdogal added the following:

July 3rd today and the Mikawa Yatsubusa Japanese Maple I ordered from Quality Maple and More arrived this morning from Ca. to my home in CT. Again packaged with care and prompt shipping so it arrives without sitting in a building for a weekend.The maple was fully branched and about 2 1/2 feet tall....So happy I found this vendor..I have another one coming soon and I will post about it when I get it. Shipping later due to the holiday....this vendor cares about his trees arriving in good shape...Started a small Japanese garden...really got hooked on the quality of their trees...
On July 17th, 2010, watchdogal added the following:

July 17th today....I had ordered 2 more Japanese Maples (MURASAKI KIYOHIME and a BENI KOMACHI from their website and won an EBAY auction for a KASHIMA) All 3 arrived this morning and again very carefully packaged and op notch trees.
i can see why the name of the company contains the word QUALITY..Besides the safe packaging they also worked the shipping so it would avoid the holiday weekend on the 4th and the plants wouldn't be sitting around .....they always arrive on a Saturday morning so I can prevent them from sitting out in the sun after delivery...I really fell for the Japanese Maples and I'm surrounding myself with them and I found a VERY good company the ships real trees..not twigs....A lucky find for me! Now my daughter is getting the bug!
On July 24th, 2010, watchdogal added the following:

Her I go again..7/24/10 and another KASHIMA I got for my daughter on EBAY from Quality Maples and More arrived today.....sounds repetitive but another great condition and size tree...FULL and healthy....packaged great....Hopefully I will be getting another variety next week for myself.
On July 31st, 2010, watchdogal added the following:

Addicted to Japanese Maples..here it is July 31st and another really nice one arrived from Quality Maples and More this AM...this time a BALDERSMITH...again a beautiful tree with fantastic colors and their excellent packaging....I got 2 more in mind.......I wouldn't hesitate a minute purchasing from this company....
On July 31st, 2010, watchdogal added the following:

I meant BALDSMITH on last comment....(was thinking of my Brother in Law)
On August 7th, 2010, watchdogal added the following:

August 7th and another order for (2) Japanese Maples arrived today from Quality Maples and More.. Today its Beni Maiko and and Orange Dream......I cannot believe the size and fullness of their trees. Again shipped securely in the package......Two more THUMBS UP for Quality Maples!!
On August 30th, 2010, watchdogal added the following:

August 28th...again received a small Beni Hime that I ordered and it arrived in perfect condition as usual.....they are VERY consistent with their packaging ....plants suffer no setback at all....
On April 23rd, 2011, watchdogal added the following:

2011 and just had to have a Hana Matoi Japanese maple....Ordered it from Quality Maples and More and I have it planted within a week..They always package and ship with care.....Can't go wrong with this vendor...
On July 16th, 2011, watchdogal added the following:

this July I ordered 2 more Japanese Maples...a MIKAZUKI for myself and a Fairyhair for my daughter....Again Quality Maples is consistently great with the packaging and the quality of the plants.and great communication ....Highly recommended!
Positive summer8
Federal Way, WA
April 11, 2011
I ordered 2 beni kawa maples from from Quality Maples & More and they were beautiful. Arrived as if I went to the nursery and picked them out myself and they were packed very carefully. Would definitely recommend purchases from this nursery. Thank you, Summer Takahashi