The scoop on 'Royal Orchid Club'

Royal Orchid Club

13615 South Dixie Highway
Miami, Florida 33176 (United States)

Comments:

Positive Afry
Petaluma, CA
May 31, 2013
I received my first order from ROC this week and was extremely pleased with the ordering, communication, shipping process and the quality of the plants. Also a delightful bonus orchid was included. ROC has a amazing inventory of orchids available at very reasonable prices. Plants are shipped bareroot from Asia and very clear instructions are provided on their website for handling upon arrival. Packing is minimal but on balance I would be very comfortable recommending ROC.
Negative tcottrell
Hialeah Gardens, FL
December 3, 2012
Ordered orchids on 10/14, as of today they have still not arrived. Any attempts to resolve with their customer service have been in vain. Opened BBB compalint, filed complaint with Paypal and seriously considering going to physical location (local) to get my refund. I would not recommend this seller to anyone, they have an "F" rating already by the BBB
Positive timed100
Buffalo, NY
November 10, 2012
I ordered 4 bare root orchid plants and they arrived 7 days before the date given on the shipping schedule on the web site. Since the plants come from Asia it takes a while for ROC to get them and re-ship them from Florida to customers in the US. The plants, including 1 free one, were wrapped in shredded newspaper, then wrapped in white papper and taped closed, and then placed in plastic bags taped closed. There was no damage, no sign of disease. I can't say how they will grow, but if I do my part in repotting them they should be OK.
Negative dodges7
Alna, ME (Zone 5b)
September 15, 2010
Ebay and on-line dealer. Plants were much smaller than claimed. Shipped bare root in small box with absolutely no packing material. Roots and some leaves damaged, probably from banging around in box. Shipment took a month after ordering. Two of the four plants were on the compost heap in only a couple of weeks. Price was cheap but so was everything else about the order. When negative comment was made in Ebay, dealer claimed he had been harassed when, in fact, I had never contacted him. Complete fraud. Would never go back to this dealer. Caveat emptor!
Negative hawkarica
Odessa, FL (Zone 9b)
June 21, 2010
This company has a web site and an Ebay store. I ordered a Rhyn Retusa vanda orchid from the Ebay store about a year ago. Here are the problems:

1. It took over three weeks for them to ship it.
2. Terrible packaging as it was loosly put in a large book box and took a beating during shipment.
3. It was no where near the advertised blooming size.
4. The roots were dried and withered.
5. The plant was anemic looking and full of fungus.

By the time I paid for shipping, the cost was over $26.00. I would have been better off with a bag orchid from HD.

I isolated it and used lots of fungicide. Still, a year later, it looks terrible. It has grown some roots but no foliage and I don't think it will ever bloom. Never again will I buy from the Royal Orchid Club. If you look these folks up on orchid blogs, you'll soon see I am not alone.