The scoop on 'Blueberry Croft Farm and Nursery'

Blueberry Croft Farm and Nursery

710 Jericho Church Road
Cub Run, Kentucky 42729 (United States)

Comments:

Negative tsaalfeld
Kenton Vale, KY
April 19, 2013
Posted on March 29, 2012, updated April 19, 2013
I was trying to figure out what type of blueberries I wanted and they were very quick in response and with the help. They shipped the blueberries on a Monday and I received them on Tuesday in great shape. I'm thrilled to receive what I was expecting to possibly even better. I will definitely keep an eye on them for future purchases.
On April 19th, 2013, tsaalfeld changed the rating from positive to negative and added the following:

14 of my 24 blueberries did not come back after the 1st winter. I did all of the normal things I do with my blueberries and it was to no avail. I have tried contacting them and they will not respond when I was trying to find out if there is any warranty/guarantee of any kind.
Positive LeeAnne1215
Brownsville, TN
February 29, 2012
The man I talked to on the phone before ordering was very nice, answered my numerous questions, and gave suggestions on his favorites for my zone. I received my order very quickly and the plants were in great shape. The prices were extremely reasonable, more than half the price I paid for smaller bushes last year. I will definitely order from him again, if I decide to add more bushes in the coming years.
Positive qoqonut
Mountain View, CA (Zone 9b)
December 5, 2011
My online order was accidentally canceled by Blueberry Croft, but resolution was ultimately satisfactory. I placed my order on 10/1/11, but changed my mind about using PayPal, so abandoned the first order and started a new one. Their website is set up such that a purchase order is generated whether payment method goes through or not. So I ended up with 2 purchase orders. I sent an email to Blueberry Croft to make sure that the "mistake" purchase order was canceled and that I was not billed for both orders. I was impressed to get an email response back that same evening from Harold Stewart assuring me that it was taken care of. A couple weeks later, I had already received my blueberry plants from Hartman's plant company (ordered 10/2), so decided to check online on my Blueberry Croft order. I was surprised to find it was canceled! So both orders somehow got canceled - the "mistake" and the real one - and my credit card was charged on 10/3. I called their office on the morning of 10/12, left a message and also sent an email. There was no response the next 2 days, so I left another message on 10/14 saying I still wanted my blueberry plants, but would dispute the credit card charges if I didn't hear back from them. Within an hour, the farm manager called me and was very apologetic, saying he wasn't the "computer guy", but he would make sure my order was sent. He was helpful in advising me on a substitution for a variety I had originally chosen. I finally received my plants the week of 10/24 - looking healthy, still with leaves on and in fall color. Bottom line: online ordering could be more friendly to the retail buyer (with button option for "cancel order" before payment finalized) and response to phone/email messages could be faster (especially when there's a problem), but overall I'm satisfied with how they resolved the problem with my order.