The scoop on 'PoppySeed Dreams (poppyseeddreams.com)'

PoppySeed Dreams (poppyseeddreams.com)

Austin, Texas 78766 (United States)

Comments:

Positive GenEric64
Brooklyn, MI
February 18, 2014
Posted on October 31, 2012, updated February 18, 2014
Fantastic!

I emailed with questions on Sunday and got a reply from Katherine within minutes. I placed my order on Sunday, it shipped on Monday, and was at my door on Wednesday!

My order was accurate and well-packed. I will most certainly order again.

Thank you!

On February 18th, 2014, GenEric64 added the following:

Additional info February 2014:

Since my original review I've placed a few more orders with PoppySeed Dreams (PSD). The results? More of the same! Great prices, great selection, and GREAT customer service!

One of my recent orders had gotten beat up, battered, and bruised in various places around the country as the post office treated my package like a football. This was no fault of PSD in ANY way mind you.

I contacted Katherine at PSD on a Friday night. She replied within an hour and promised me that she was going to drive to the post office on Saturday morning to personally begin the hunt for my seemingly lost package. What company's owner will do that for you? Not many but the good people at PSD will! Amazing!

The happy ending is that the post office found and deivered my order and in spite of their abuse (there were bootprints on the box!) my order was so well-packed by PSD that everything was intact and undamaged.

My other orders were also perfect- I can't say enough good things about these folks- they're great! I wish I could afford to shop with them more often as it is such a pleasure to do so. I tell anyone who will listen that it's not too good to be true- they really do stock all of the great varieties of seeds as per their website, they really do answer emails quickly (don't they sleep? Haha!), and they really do ship your odrer free.

I don't even look at prices when i shop at PSD. Is it because I'm independently wealthy and money is no object? Of course not! It is because I don't worry about their prices because I know that they can't be beat and that no matter what I'm ordering I know that I'm getting a top-quality product at the best possible price from one of the best vendors on the web.

Other retailers would be wise to take a lesson from PSD and learn how the pros do it.

Thanks so much Katherine and Brent- you guys are the best! Don't EVER change what you're doing because you guys are doing GREAT!

Peace to you, PSD, and to all of the good gardeners here too!

GenEric64
Concord, MI

Company representative comment on February 24, 2014:
On Nov 8, 2012 10:12 PM, PoppySeed Dreams (poppyseeddreams.com) responded with:

Thank You so Much for your positive feedback & loyal support

Much Appreciated,

On Feb 25, 2014 12:43 AM, PoppySeed Dreams (poppyseeddreams.com) added:

We're so happy to hear that everything worked out for you, Sir

And Thank You so Much for Your Vote of Confidence...

In our experience, USPS has honestly shown the utmost respect & courtesy to both their customers & their packages..
Unfortunately, "Accidents" (As we all understand) do happen from time to time...

Thank You Kindly for your continued business & support...
And for having such a positive attitude

It's Truly a Pleasure Doing Business with You.

Positive chuckchuckles
CASTLETON, VA
January 29, 2014
To begin with I'll just say that you won't find better products or a more professional company to cunduct business with. My experience with PSD started out a bit rough, me being the one at fault. I won't go into great detail, but lets just say I sent a rude email, spurred by my own stupidity, and received a very polite and professional one in return. I was pretty much in the same boat as the person that reviewed just before me. Every supplier I had used for the last
couple of years basically just started selling over processed garbage. I might
as well had been using fermented black
pepper in all of my recipes because that
just about describes the aroma and
flavor of the seeds I was getting from
other suppliers. Almost all of them. I
know the previous post said 90% but its
more like 99%. To make matters worse,
of the 4 or so companies that do sell
completely natural unprocessed poppy
seeds in bulk, all of them charge
an arm and a leg. Except one. Which made me a bit skeptical at first since I had already been burned by all of my previous suppliers that had fair prices. After a bit of thought and some reading
of reviews I said "What have I got to
lose?" Can't be any worse than what I've
been getting. Boy am I glad I made that
leap of faith. As soon as I pulled the bag
out of the box and smelled it I knew my
search was over. That wonderful organic
earthy aroma came wafting out. Theres
nothing quite like it. I was extremely
pleased. Some of the best poppy seeds I
have come across in a long time. On top of that my 10lbs order was actually closer to 11lbs!!! And as
good as the poppy seeds are, the
customer service is even better.
Katherine is a wonderful person. She
had every right and reason to tell me to
take a hike and keep searching but
responded to my "hatemail" in a most
polite and courteous fashion. A true
professional. Very hard to find these
days. So to wrap up this novel, out of a
possible 5 stars, I rate PSD 5 stars all the way. I thought it
was impossible to find an internet
vendor who still cares about the
quality of their product, customers satisfaction, and repeat business. Which reminds me. I have to order some more
seeds :)
Positive jfredregill8
Cumming, IA
January 29, 2014
We require a large amount of poppy seeds for our business, and we've searched high and low to find a good vendor. Poppy seeds are used in baking for their uniquely distinct flavour, and the product offered by 90% of vendors online is unsuitable for culinary use due to how over-processed it is. After our last vendor recently switched to selling the inferior product, we decided to try and find the good stuff elsewhere. We ordered 20 lbs of Tasmanian poppy seed from PoppySeed Dreams, and it arrived two days after shipping. Well upon opening the parcel, we knew this was the good product, maybe the best we'd seen in awhile. They had a strong, earthy tone indicative of a high-quality product. Low-quality product has a tell-tale, unappealing peppery scent that sometimes even has an almost body odour-like aroma that could put even the strongest stomachs out of their appetites. PSD, however sells a perfect 5-star product that is consistently good. We've ordered multiple times and have received the same, quality product each time. We've also had nothing but good customer service experiences with Katherine on their site. Replies to questions or comments are always super-helpful and prompt! We encourage anyone looking for bulk poppy seed for culinary purposes to DEFINITELY give PSD a try! Keep up the good work, PoppySeed Dreams!
Positive rebecca2747
hamilton
Canada
September 13, 2013
the prices for poppy seeds here in Canada are insane, I decided to buy poppy seeds from PSD while reading these reviews. I placed an order with little difficulty, the questions I had were quickly answered and I received my order of bulk seeds 6 business days later. They even covered 10 dollars on my shipping costs, wow. This place is the real deal
Positive z0305866
Mission Bend, TX
September 3, 2013
I've been a customer of PSD for about 6-8 months and bought from them many times. I can honestly say I have never had a bad experience with this company. Seeds are always consistent and always ships free with USPS priority mail. They ship from Austin Tx so it usually only takes 2 days to get to me here in Houston.
Customer service is great. They always reply to my emails, a lot of the time in a matter of minutes. If there is a problem with an order they will be glad to make it right. The other week there was a delay in shipment, nothing to get upset about, it happens, so they sent me an additional 2lbs of seeds.
I've had nothing but good experiences with this company and I would highly reccomend them to anyone.
Positive PieperJD
Austin, TX
August 23, 2013
I have been a customer of Poppyseedreams.com for well over a year and a half, and have placed quite a few orders. Each of which came exactly as advertised, fresh, and packaged carefully. Their seed selection is extensive and the viability of their seeds is high, produce seedlings rapidly and the resulting plants grow just as quickly and have matured well within the time period the web site told me to expect them to do so. And their prices are much better than I've found anywhere else.

The dried poppy pods I've ordered have all come in the weights promised by the site, and the closest in uniform size and shape as any others I bought before finding Poppyseeddreams.com. I've never received a broken pod, pods the size of grapes, pods that crumble into dust, nor have many pods lost their seeds into the packaging material. I've never found mold, or pods darkened from impromper drying techniques. The pods were received ready for the purposes for which I ordered them. And the postage is always free. I've also had people ask where I ordered such beautiful pods.

Customer service may very well be where Poppyseeddreams.com sets its well above other sites with similar products. Katherine has answered e-mails rapidly, professionally, and always explains that if there's any other information or assistance I need from her, I am free to contact them at any time. Katherine and Brent have directed me through the process of sprouting my seeds, the best places and times to plant them, have welcomed photos of my progress to offer their professional advice on how to proceed, and have even been just as disappointed as I am when something goes wrong and some plants fail. They are interested in seeing the seeds they sell mature into flower producing plants and are always there to guide me along.

No website can promise 100% perfection, 100% of the time, but in my experience, poppyseeddreams.com has come as close as any other site selling the same products. They've made me feel comfortable asking any questions I have, even when when those questions come to me long after what is considered "normal working hours". Their site says they are available 24/7 and I can attest to that.

I've purchased seeds and pods from other places in the past, and have been disappointed in the quality, price, and time delays in delivery. Trying to contact those companies was slow if I ever was lucky enough to make contact. I've never had any problems with Poppyseeddreams.com and I will always stay with them.

I would encourage anyone interested in growing beautiful poppies, buying the best looking pods for their needs, or seeds simply for great baked goods to do what I did, and shop at poppyseeddreams.com
Neutral jaymon23
Orlando, FL
Posted on August 23, 2013, updated August 23, 2013
Posted on August 22, 2013, updated August 23, 2013
This was easily my worst experience out of many online transactions. Whatever could go wrong did. Some is not the fault of this company, such as a few extra days delay, and the condition of the box I received. However, they did cintribute to the delay, and offered a percentage off my next order. Fair enough. The thing that gets me is the quality of the seeds. Theyhad obviously been washed and treated. They smelled like pepper, not that jice organic smell of good seeds. Seeds in this condition are useless for bakingquality goods or planting. The site states clearly that they sell viable seeds. This was absolutely not my experience. They also have not responded to my last two emails requesting return info.
On August 22nd, 2013, jaymon23 added the following:

Now that's a lot of hostility. Im going to check my spam folder before I continue..... and as I suspected since I got the other ones, there is fnocorrespondence. You have my money, and I have seeds that smell and taste like black pepper. Your hostile response, full of untrue statements about the seeds I received, and you replying to my last two emails. The firat email requesting the address to ship back to, the second giving you the eintire day to respond to the first before I wrote my first ever review on anything. What you should have done if you dont have an office is respond, ajd offer something. As I was going .to say but am limited because Im typinog from my phone is that your respnse speaks for itself
On August 23rd, 2013, jaymon23 changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

Brent and Katherine got back to me today. They were willing to do whatever possible, within reason to ensure my satisfaction. That gesture alone meant a lot. They really do care about customer satisfaction, and that says a lot about their company. As I said , some of what went wrong was outside their control. Was just the perfect storm. After today, I wouldnt hesitate to do business with them again.
Company representative comment on August 23, 2013:
Wow, It is truly unfortunate that you would rather "harrass and hate" on good folks than allow us the opportunity to make things right for you..

First, USPS generally is in fact very respectful of their customers and do handle their packages with care..Unfortunately, every once in a while a package does get squished, etc..It happens.

In all honesty, many folks are indeed happy with our current batch of seeds..However, there are also quite a few folks who do prefer our previous batch of seeds. And please keep in mind, "Different" is not necessarily better or worse.

Now, the current batch of seeds were in fact sourced from a different region of the world..which is the reason why there is a different aroma such as the case in cuisines & different cultures around the world. However, they are indeed organically-grown & unwashed P. somniferum seeds.

In addition, we really do not appreciate your false accusations regarding us not responding to your recent emails & stating that our seeds are not viable.

Sir, now we have 'in fact' responded to each & every one of your recent email communications & we have in fact informed you via email that we simply do Not have a return address at the moment as we honestly are in-between offices. (You must've just missed them somehow or your're just flat out lying)
And our seeds are indeed viable as we 'Ourselves' recently started some of these exact seeds. "These darn seeds even germinate & grow up from the bottom of our sink/food waste disposal." Unfortunately, we cannot be held liable for growers mistakes or methods. However, we can say that germinating poppy seeds in the month of August in Orlando, Florida can be quite challenging..Remember it is a 'Winter' plant..
We do welcome, value & respect constructive feedback but we will Not tolerate any lies and/or false information, Sir'

The "Good News" is that we are very excited about receiving our 'New Batch' of unwashed P. somiferum seeds next week from our 'Previous Supplier'..And we would've been more than happy to throw you a "free bag" of our 'New Batch' of seeds...but unfortunately, now there is nothing that we can do for you.

We do believe in providing our Customers & Friends with 'high quality products at a low price'. And we are proud to say that our 'Customer Support' cannot be matched. We Choose to be "More Than Fair" with our Customers & Friends, .But You Sir, have worn out your welcome with us. We have absolutely nothing to offer you. We strongly suggest that you find a new vendor. We do reserve the right to refuse service to individuals & we will Not respond to any of your future communications.

Perhaps you should allow folks a chance to make things right for you before you start posting false accusations & lies.

Regards,
PoppySeed Dreams

On Aug 23, 2013 1:41 PM, PoppySeed Dreams (poppyseeddreams.com) added:

Well Alright,

Our Sincerest Apologies

We now understand that this was a simple mis-communication & misunderstanding.

When it comes to Food Grade Market products such as poppy seeds many folks do have their own, personal preference.

Thank You Kindly for being so understanding, J

And just holler at us next week..We'd be more than happy to throw you a free sample or bag of seed from our new batch as soon as it arrives.

Warm Regards,

Positive RicknUsa
Briarcliff, AR
August 23, 2013
Have ordered "numerous" times from PSD. I have had nothing but positive experiences from them. Never forgot an order. Never failed to respond to my email queries. Basically, has NEVER disappointed in over a year of doing business. Hard to imagine them getting even one irate customer, but I guess you can't please everyone. Personally, I highly recommend this company for your floral and drieds needs.
Positive adam123
hamrun
Malta
April 15, 2013
A great website, very easy to use and most important the customer service is fast at responding emails and very friendly.
Positive cinemary
Ardmore, PA
April 9, 2013
These guys are just the best. Customer service can't be beat and everything I've ever ordered has been fantastic. Can't wait till the spring seeds start popping up in the garden! Thanks for everything and I'll be back!
Mary
Positive AndrewTexas
Killeen, TX
February 23, 2013
By far the best customer service I have ever received. Katherine was very quick and considerate when answering my questions. Shipping was amazingly fast and best of all it was free. The product was exactly as it was described online. I will for sure be doing business with this company.
Positive scarletfields
Mount Carmel, OH
February 18, 2013
my experience with poppy seed dreams.com was the absolute best I've ever experienced with any internet business. My questions were answered in completion and within minutes.
the product was exactly what their website said it would be and they shipped immediately just as they said they would.I rate this company 5 stars out of 5 for customer service, price and product! I can truly say that poppy seed dreams.com has a new permanent customer!
Positive adw2001
Saint Charles, MO
October 14, 2012
this place is great!!I just wish they always had what I want because they have the best prices and free shipping.Eventhough I never recieved my free gift with purchase per their website they are more than happy to make up for it.
They answer emails faster than any company I have ever seen and always more than helpful and kind.
Company representative comment on October 15, 2012:
On Oct 15, 2012 8:12 PM, PoppySeed Dreams (poppyseeddreams.com) responded with:

Thank You for taking the time to let us know how satisfied you are with us. We Sincerely Appreciate your enthusiasm, loyalty and your continued business to PoppySeed Dreams.

Respectfully,

Positive fatluke_nofx
Stoney Creek
Canada
October 9, 2012
I'm from Canada (Toronto) and received my order of seeds and pods around 10 days or so which I thought was amazing seeing as how they were from Texas, which is very far away.

The packaging was very nice and tidy, I could see care was taken.

The ordering process on their website was very easy to use, and any questions I had in the meantime were answered quickly and professionally through e-mail. Responses were quick and within 24 hours or less.

The quality of the seeds and pods were very good.

All in all I had no problems with these guys of any kind. I am a very happy customer! I would rate 10 out of 10

-Luke from Canada. October 2012
Company representative comment on October 15, 2012:
On Oct 15, 2012 7:55 PM, PoppySeed Dreams (poppyseeddreams.com) responded with:

Hi Luke,

We are delighted to hear how happy you are with our products and delivery service.

Thank You Kindly for your time and support.

Positive dirtworker3
Sugar Land, TX
September 14, 2012
I placed an order for the first time on the 11th of September and got my items on the 14th. I also received an extra packet of seeds so they must have just made a mistake with the above poster. I highly recommend Poppyseed Dreams.
Company representative comment on September 17, 2012:
On Sep 17, 2012 3:16 PM, PoppySeed Dreams (poppyseeddreams.com) responded with:

Hi Kay,

Thank You for your kind words and business...

Much Appreciated,

Negative diabolic2977
September 11, 2012
I ordered some seeds and was told that it would be there in 7-8 days. Was also supposed to receve a free gift which wa't sent. Anyways it took almost a month to get them.
Company representative comment on September 17, 2012:
On Sep 17, 2012 3:10 PM, PoppySeed Dreams (poppyseeddreams.com) responded with:

Hello Matt,

We understand your frustration wholeheartedly. We certainly do not stand behind a 3 week delivery of our Seeds. Domestic (U.S) Seed orders shipped via USPS First Class Mail require only 3-7 days for Delivery. And International Seed orders shipped via USPS First Class Mail requires 7-14 days for Delivery. (Depending on the Country)

We are truly sorry that you had such an unfortunate experience with us, Matt. And we Sincerely Apologize for any inconvenience that it may have caused you and your family. The delay in delivery was simply a mistake on our part as we unfortunately overlooked your particular order that day/week on our Delivery List.
Rest assured, that in no way did we intentionally delay the delivery of your Seeds or deliberately forget to include your free gift pack of seeds. It was all just a blunder on our part. For what it's worth, we would be more than happy to re-send you your free gift pack of seeds (And of your choice) but sadly, we never received any communication (s) from you saying that you did not receive the gift pack of seeds.
Nevertheless, Today we will gladly re-send you your free gift pack of seeds.
We do Sincerely Appreciate your Business, Matt and we hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you and your family.

Happy Gardening,