The scoop on 'Breezeway Iris'

Breezeway Iris

4600 Rome Corners Rd.
Brooklyn, Wisconsin 53521 (United States)

Comments:

Positive crowrita1
Lyndon, IL (Zone 5a)
July 17, 2014
Posted on July 31, 2013, updated July 17, 2014
This was my first order with this company, and I am so happy I ordered from them. Rhizome size was what I would call average for Midwestern grown plants, and as I live fairly close, That's what I see in my garden. We visited the Farm this spring, when the SDBs were in bloom, and had a nice time, and a pleasant conversation. Communication is great, shipping was at the time promised, prices are fair, and the product, and selection, is great...I recommend this grower....Thanks!
On July 17th, 2014, crowrita1 added the following:

Again this year I was impressed with both the friendly service, and the nice selection that Breezeway provides! If you compare the size of the rhizomes from breezeway to some coming from the west coast growers....yes, they are much smaller, BUT, I had just as much bloom from the "small" rhizomes I purchased last year, as I did from those "west coast whoppers"! Fine, friendly service, a nice selection, and prices that are more than fair! A good place to do business!.....Arlyn
Neutral CTYankeegirl
Mystic, CT
September 18, 2011
On the positive side- George's communication was very good, as was the packing.
Not so good- Yes, he did include a note apologizing for the small size of some of the rhizomes due to the drought this year. Unfortunately, many of the iris I rec'd were so small, they really shouldn't have been sold, or there should have been a notation on the website description explaining they were smaller than usual as a "heads up". Granted, he had many iris on sale, but that doesn't indicate how tiny some of them would be. I was disappointed since he some varieties I couldn't find elsewhere.
Anyway, I contacted him to return quite a few of the iris. $5-$8 for rhizomes the size of my fingertip (small) with dried up fans & roots was not acceptable. We worked it out, but I wouldn't order from him again. I'm sure he feels the same about me after this experience, but oh well, there are several sellers out there who have won me as a customer in the future for sure.
I understand we can't control the weather, but sometimes it's best to just mark an item unavailable rather than sell it if it isn't up to par.
Positive bazil323
Cameron, WI (Zone 3b)
August 22, 2011
Posted on August 22, 2011, updated August 22, 2011
I love the great prices! George was very nice to communicate with about my order, and the irises were shipped right on time. The rhizomes were perhaps on the small side, but they were very nice to include a note on the rather dry growing season (and it was weird weather here in WI--cold then hot, wet then dry most of the summer, and now cool again) and included bonuses to make up for this. I was really very happy with my order and will reorder next year. I was very impressed with all the great iris information they included with my order and the personal touch I felt with my order. Thanks Breezeway, you've won a repeat customer!
On August 22nd, 2011, bazil323 added the following:

Oh, and I almost forgot: The shipping prices were a steal! I received a big box with great packing for only $5 (granted, I also live within hours of Breezeway). I was super happy with that!
Positive fitchburggarden
Madison, WI
May 29, 2011
I have been a customer for several years and have found the Bacon's to be wonderful people to deal with. If there is ever an error, no matter who is at fault, they will bend over backwards to make you happy. Their prices are good, delivery on time, and stock a good quality.
Positive Carolsflowers
Brunswick, MO (Zone 5a)
August 14, 2010
My end of the season order was handled with courtesy and great communication. Very fair prices. I recommend this company.