The scoop on 'JadePoint Succulents'

JadePoint Succulents

PO BOX 216
Minot, North Dakota 58702-0216 (United States)

Phone: 7018585660
Fax: 7018385225
Paper Catalog Cost: n/a

Comments:

Negative crisitunity
Laramie, WY
August 10, 2015
Posted on June 11, 2015, updated August 10, 2015
All I can say after getting my order today is WOW! The plants I received are fantastic. At least two are already needing to be potted up. I ordered several crests and they are in great shape, only a few lost leaves. The packaging was obviously done with great care. I wasn\'t expecting the bonus plant. Not only was it another different crest but was one of their more expensive plants! And it was Huge! I was very impressed that not only did they throw in a free plant, but it was one chosen based on my order preferences and it was a full size premium plant. They surpassed my expectations.

The only slight disappointment was that the plant I was most excited about was pretty small (the River Crest) but it may be a slow grower or maybe they are running low. Considering the size of some of the other plants and the amazing freebie it is a minor gripe to be sure. Very happy and wouldn\'t hesitate to purchase from again! Thanks Jadepoint!
On August 10th, 2015, crisitunity changed the rating from positive to negative and added the following:

After my great first purchase, I decided to place another order. Big mistake. The plants this time around are much smaller, certainly not warranting the hefty $15.00 price of some. One of the plants is so small I can hardly tell if it is a crest at all. Another plant looks like it is on it's last legs of life. Almost all growth has been broken off leaving more of a stump than a plant. The remaining leaves are peppered with black withering dried up leaves. There is almost no growth at all. If by some miracle it makes it, this plant will be an eyesore for years to come. I can accept that not all plants are winners and the mailing process can be hard on plants, but this plant would have had to have been in really bad shape when it was selected at the nursery and they should have known better! This was not an acceptable plant to send out and I am extremely disappointed. I will certainly hesitate to place orders in the future. I was very surprised that such a high-end shop sent such poor plants this time.

To be fair, customer service was great and the shipment was speedy. I just expected much better from this company.

I intend to reach out to the company's customer service and see how they handle this complaint and may add to this review in the future about how this issue was dealt with.
Neutral mmssunshine
West Islip, NY
June 22, 2015
I purchased 5 echeveria's a week ago. The very tall and large plants arrived in their own plastic (slightly dirty) pots with moist, tightly compacted soil. They're roots were very well established. The plants were wrapped in aluminum foil. A bit of the lower leaves of each plant had a dry milky residue which I assume to be some kind of insecticide. One of the five that I was re-potting contained a millipede so I freaked out and decided to behead all 5 to ensure a clean start of their roots and soil.

I think one of the plants I purchased was mis-identified but it's still a beautiful plant.

Jade Point has a very large selection of succulents. Certain plants are pricier than others (they're all within the 9.99-12.99 range) when compared to other nurseries carrying the same plants but they do carry some of the rarer plants for a decent price and shipping is free.
Positive samdiamond
Duxbury, MA
September 27, 2014
My experience with jadepoint was perfect. I ordered one succulent, sedum clavatum, from them. It was absolutely perfect. There were no pests, it wasn't broken or damaged or wilted at all.

When it arrived, it was less than a week after I had ordered it. In the box, there were directions on how to take care of the plant, and the plant itself. It was wrapped in a layer of paper and then in a layer of tinfoil. When I opened it, I found an adorable, perfect plant, better than I had even expected.

I highly recommend jadepoint for any purchases you are thinking of making in the future. They have a vast collection of succulents to choose from at reasonable, cheap prices. The process was easy. I am looking forward to getting more plants from them soon.
Positive Toni05
Posted on March 26, 2012, updated May 24, 2012
Posted on April 10, 2011, updated March 26, 2012
Posted on October 18, 2010, updated April 10, 2011
Posted on October 8, 2010, updated October 18, 2010
I found Jade Point by accident while browsing the web for nurseries. Glad I found it.
Before ordering, I checked GWD, discovered JP listed, so figured it was safe.

I ordered three succulents. Two Kalanchoes, different species, and an Aloe 'White Stag.'

Succulents are good size, especially for the price. All are healthy and pest-free.
Plants were securely wrapped, and shipment arrived less than a week after ordering.

A good nursery to order succulents.

On October 18th, 2010, Toni05 added the following:

Thanks, so very much, Jade Point.
I got an unexpected package in the mail. On the outer box was written: 'Gifts.'
I opened the box and inside were four, large, healthy succulents.
Crassula. Argentea 'red edge.'
Crassula. Pellucida 'Burgandy Ginger.'
Pachyveria 'scheideckeri.'
Sedum adolphii 'Golden Glow.'

Enclosed was a letter of appreciation. One for placing an order but the main reason was leaving Feedback here on GWD.
I order from various nurseries, some for years, spent quite a bit of money, but never received a free gift, let alone four.
How nice is that??

Jade Point really has beautiful succulents, and numerous varieties.
I want to personally thank you for sending these lovely gifts. Toni

On April 10th, 2011, Toni05 added the following:

Got some true beautys from JadePoint.
Their plants are large, healthy specimens.

Bought several succulent varieties: Crassulas, Kalanchoes, Senecios, and Aloe. Some of which I'd never seen in any nursery before, like C. Nudocaulis 'Devils Horn.' A very unusual Crassula, w/deep red leaf tips. Just Beautiful. I bought three.

Plants arrived well-packaged. Shipping fast. Toni

On March 26th, 2012, Toni05 added the following:

First order of the year, spring 2012.

Ordered 6 Crassulas, and one Kalanchoe magninii, ' Blazing Bells.' I've been searching for K. magninii a long time to no avail.. I was so happy finding this lovely Kalanchoe at JPS.

Succulents are very healthy, large for the price, and pest-free.

Each plant, individually wrapped in foil and paper.

Plants include labels with botanical names.

Shippment arrived much faster than anticipated. Four days after order was made.

JPS is a 5-star Nursery!

On May 24th, 2012, Toni05 added the following:

Recieved five, healthy succulents, 5/24/12

Crassula Picturata
C. 'Necklace' variegata
C. 'Garibina'
Echeveria 'Zorro'
Senecio 'Articulatus v Globosa'

Each plant is healthy, good-size, and pest-free.
Three of the succulents are semi-rare and quite stunning.

Plants are securely wrapped; fast shipping.

A 5* Nursery, thanks, Toni

On June 21st, 2012, Toni05 added the following:

Jade Point is one of the Top 10 succulent nurseries around.

Plants are in 4" pots, tall, compact, and fully-rooted. Insect-Free.

Customer Service Reps are always pleasant and helpful. Replies to emails within a 24-hour period.

My order consisted of:

Pachyveria 'Grey'
Pachyveria 'Pink Castle'
Crassula 'Sunset'
Crassula 'Hummel's Sunset.'

Shipment arrived less than a week. Plants, securely packaged.

Jade Point, Thanks. Toni

On September 26th, 2013, Toni05 added the following:

I love Jadepoint Succulents.

My order consisted of six plants.

Crassula Picturata...Healthy, fully-rooted, highly variegated foliage. Tiny buds forming.

Crassula Nudocaulis..Healthy, fully-rooted, deep red foliage. I like this plant so much I ordered two.

Crassula pellucida 'Burgandy'...Fully-rooted and leafed. Beautiful, deep color.

Crassula pellucida variegata. Another beauty. Ordered 2.
Foliage is colorful.
Like it's cousin, Burgandy, variegated is fully-rooted and leafed.

Plants are pest-free...well-cared.

Plants arrived securely packaged...fast-shipping.

I pray Jadepoint has Crassula streyi available next spring. I've been waiting two-years. :)

Thanks JP...Plants are perfect. Toni

Positive Melu
East Oakdale, CA
August 12, 2013
Jade Point is one of the Top 5 succulent nurseries around!
Plants are healthy, tall, compact, and fully-rooted. Insect-Free. And Before orders are shipped, each plant is inspected. An Inspection Certicate is included.
Customer Service Reps are always pleasant,helpful & with incredible customer service .Karol replies to emails within a 24-hour period.She makes customer feel appreciated, understood and cared for.

Jade Point, Thanks again for an excellent service. You always make your costumer feel as a King!....

Mel. B. of California
Positive sierralh
Bismarck, ND
May 23, 2013
I can say nothing but nice things about JadePoint, they were super efficient, and even though the box showed up super beat up (not JadePoint's fault obviously) my succulents came out of the box nearly perfect and what was wrong with them was more than likely trauma from the ride. My succulents are super gorgeous and I couldn't have asked for a better transaction! I also love that they only ship on Mondays and Tuesdays to avoid having the plants having to spend the weekend at the post office. I will definitely be shopping at JadePoint again!!

Sierra
Positive voltman714
Mandan, ND
April 8, 2013
Beautiful hard to find items. Prices are great. Items shipped quickly and securely.
Positive mclainb52
Wellington, KS
October 27, 2012
Jade Point is owned by Lowe's. If you have a Lowe's you will have Jade Point plants. I have bought many cactus and succulents thru Lowe's and Jade Point. Great plants.
Positive KayeArnold
Seagrove, NC
April 25, 2012
I ordered 11 succulents from JadePoint Succulents on Sunday, April 22, 2012 and received them today, April 25, 2012.

They have a very nice of succulents to choose from and sent wonderful, healthy plants. Plus they included two gift plants! The packaging was excellent and there was no damage to the plants even though the boxes looked like they had had a rough trip.

I am a very happy customer!
Positive ghopper
Brewster, MN (Zone 4b)
March 21, 2012
These folks provided me the best mail order service I've ever had! Prompt replys to e-mails, good prices, wonderful variety of plants, quick shipping, great packing and best of all, the plants are robust, nicely shaped and brimming with potential. There's no down side!
Positive gotkats
Pittsburgh, PA
May 28, 2011
My order arrived in record time and all five plants were healthy and much larger than expected. Selection is diverse enough to be interesting without being so large that it is difficult to decide on which plant to purchase. I will certainly be purchasing plants from JadePoint again.
Positive granitegneiss
Norridgewock, ME (Zone 5a)
April 29, 2011
Very easy website, good pictures of each plant, plus inspiring planter groupings. Shipping was prompt, plants arrived in good shape. Customer service was great--they even added a late addition at my email request, after I had placed my order.
Positive Hulz1
Kearney, NE
April 14, 2011
I received my order today and couldn't be happier. The 4 plants I ordered were good sized and very healthy. They were also packed very securely and shipped quickly. I will be ordering from them again!
Positive cbellwood
Central City, KY
October 13, 2010
Posted on October 9, 2010, updated October 13, 2010
Plants arrived within 4 days after they where shipped. They were wrapped and packaged very well. All the plants were a very good size and arrived undamaged and in very good condition except for 1. After emailing Jadepoint about getting 1 plant that was covered in black spots they explained to me that it was going dormant and would do that, then they sent me replacements plants and they were right they all did the same but are still surviving well. I will definetly reorder from them again and they have my business for the succulents that they have and I want. I just wished that they would change thier shipping to or give you the option to send it USPS priority mail. The shipping was a bit pricey on a few plants. You won't be disappointed with the plants that you receive from them.
On October 13th, 2010, cbellwood added the following:

Yeppie! Jadepoint now has USPS Priority Mail shipping. Just placed another order tonight and found out they changed their shipping to Priority Mail.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]