The scoop on 'Ogden Station Daylilies'

Ogden Station Daylilies

7120 Hodges Highway
Blissfield, Michigan 49228 (United States)

Phone: 517-443-5530

Positive borkster
De Pere, WI
September 5, 2015
First time this 75-year-old ordered plants online. I was hesitant to order plants being shipped. I read the instructions that talked about soaking for 2 hours and thought: "I wonder how dry they would be". But OS had such a good variety at good prices, I thought why not. Glad I did. Plants arrived when they said they would.
They were wrapped in newspaper that was still moist. Huge roots were not dry at all and no soil. I soaked for half hour before planting, although I think they would have been fine to plant out of the box. Only one of the 7 plants might have had only 2 fans, the rest had 3-5 fans. What a deal.
I look forward to spring flowers. I also look forward to ordering next spring and fall from Ogden Station.
Positive jcerella
Sullivan, NH
August 20, 2015
I'm new to daylilies and so have no basis for comparison. But I'm ever so pleased with my order from Ogden Station (10 plants of three varieties). I'm adding to an old garden and from their large catalog was able to find just the colors and bloom periods I hoped for. All my choices were available and Lisa hurried my order through for late-summer planting; it arrived one week after my initial email. The root divisions seemed to me quite large, and there were two or three fans for each plant in my order. I'm looking forward to more daylilies from them next summer.
Positive my_gardens_rock
Parkman, OH
August 17, 2015
My family took a (literal) field trip to visit Ogden Station Daylilies recently. What a great experience! Jerry and Lisa are not only knowledgeable about daylilies, but are gracious hosts! I was amazed at the size of their operation and the number of varieties they have for sale. It was difficult to choose from the many late-bloomers, as well as other daylilies on their list that have been on my own wishlist for some time. Jerry and Lisa were ultra-busy, but still served us with smiles. I would love to go back some day and just sit and talk with them. They made us feel that welcome. Bottom line: Great plants, generous divisions, good prices, and super people! (And a cool gazebo with ice water and comfy chairs, right in the middle of the field! Very nice touch on a hot August day.)
Positive ElenasHill
Burlington, MA
July 17, 2015
Just ordered 18 daylilies from Ogden Station. Very happy! Received HUGE roots, 3 divisions for each daylily, fresh and healthy looking. Got a nice note from Lisa that 'it was too hot to plant the extras back in, so she sends them to me'. Thanks Lisa! The order was shipped the next day after my check got there and everything was packed and labeled with great care. The roots were still moist upon arrival. Will definitely order again. -Elena
Positive Carolm26
Spanish Fort, AL
June 6, 2015
This was my first time using Ogden Station and I loved them! I received my order second week of May and this is June 6th I have Blooms on at least half my plants! They were nice plants with great roots systems...well packed from Michigan to Alabama! Thank you! Well done!!
Positive onagadori
Lexington, KY
August 28, 2014
Great company and nice people. Divisions were very generous with nice large root systems and prices excellent, especially considering the size of the plants I received. A wide selection of many types of daylilies and bearded iris. Order shipped fast and communication was fast and consistent. I will definitely order again and you should give them a try if you haven't. AAA+++
Positive TammyY
Knoxville, TN
July 31, 2013
This was my first order and I am very impressed with their plants and service! Excellent people to deal with and very very nice size healthy plants! All were good size, and some were just HUGE! Highly recommend Ogden Station!
Positive themikesmom
July 31, 2013
These people are Awesome! they carry many extremely rare and unique Historic Daylilies and a few very rare Heirloom Irises as well. The daylilies cultivars we bought from here were Scaramoche and Arkansas Post which we wanted for a long time, and we hope to eventually get Athlone and Black Falcon from here too next time we order, and they sent us huge healthy tripple fans and most importantly we found Autumn Sunset Iris from Lapham of Elkhart Indiana here and they sent a gigantic rhizome fan of it! I had been looking for this iris for several years as my father was born in Elkhart, Indiana. What a wonderful gift my son found here at Ogden Station for me to cherish in my garden for years to come! Ogden Station is a magical place! they are Fantastic! And Highly Recommended!
Positive nowandagain1
Marysville, OH
July 17, 2013
Just received my first order from Ogden Station Daylilies and they arrived in excellent condition. They were nicely wrapped and the daylilies looked healthy. I was also impressed with the large plants that look like they will bloom quickly once planted. The delivery was fast and I look forward to ordering from them again.
Positive barbiezell
Evart, MI
July 8, 2013
This is the second year I have ordered from Ogden Station. I was extremely satisfied with the total experience in 2012, so I didn't hesitate to order from them in 2013. The last order I placed included a time sensitive order ('Heavenly Beginnings' as a wedding gift). Somehow the order was sent to Pennsylvania instead of Michigan, but I received constant feedback from Lisa. My order not only arrived in time, but it was still in excellent condition despite the extra long trip (in very hot weather). Lisa not only kept in contact with me regarding the order, I received a credit for future use. Yes, I will definitely be placing another order with them this year. Two thumbs up from me!
Positive Nana_1
Syracuse, NY
May 29, 2012
Posted on October 20, 2010, updated May 29, 2012
Found this site by chance and decided to give it a try based on the selection and prices of the Daylilies. We are pleased to say that the service was absolutely fantastic and over and above what we expected from a mail order company. Lisa was very friendly and helpful when called to ask about availability. Plants were dug and shipped within 3 days of ordering and arrived in impeccable condition. Each cultivar was individually tagged and wrapped in newspaper. Box was actually punctured for air which we have never seen before. Cultivars were extremely large - 2 to 3 blooming sized fans each. Can't wait to see what blooms next spring. Looking forward to seeing what new cultivars Lisa and Jerry will have and can't wait to place our next order. We encourage other Daylily enthusiasts to give them a try. You will not be disappointed.
On May 29th, 2012, Nana_1 added the following:

Received another order from Ogden Station. Plants were substantial and healthy - individually wrapped and tagged. I contacted Lisa Marlatt to find out if the cultivars I wanted were available. She called me back immediately after checking. I was delighted with the personal service ( professional and courteous). Plants are dug and shipped immediately (shipped only on a Monday or Tuesday so they are not sitting in a warehouse over a weekend). My last 2 orders were both in the fall and bloomed the following spring. This is my first spring order. I would recommend checking this site before any other daylily sites. You will be glad that you did. Prices very reasonable - various hybridizers and cultivars.
Positive ZapCreeper
Peoria, IL
April 15, 2012
The owners of Ogden Station Daylilies gave a fascinating presentation at Hidden Lake Gardens in Tipton, MI for the Macon Garden Club last spring. They explained the varieties and the different categories of daylilies. I won a lavender daylily door prize. Last summer my daylily was very beautiful. I can't wait to see it this year. I would definitely recommend this source for daylilies.
Positive Perrysburg
Perrysburg, OH
March 7, 2012
We are relatively local to Ogden--about an hour, and we visit the farm at least once a yr. Beautiful grounds and strong healthy plants. Highly recommended! Even in the heat of July they offer cold water and snacks for the kids. Really nice folks! And great value
Positive bb688
Corryton, TN
November 4, 2010
I've ordered daylilies from Ogden Station three times this year. With each order, I was treated to friendly email updates, quick shipping and large, healthy plants. I highly recommmend Ogden Station Daylilies for top-quality plants at irresistable prices.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]