The scoop on 'Wild Things Grow'

Wild Things Grow

154 N. Chase Dr.
Watha, North Carolina 28478 (United States)

Phone: (910) 470-1949

Comments:

Positive Kylie2x
Millsap, TX
December 15, 2014
Posted on November 25, 2014, updated December 15, 2014
This was my first purchase and I received a beautiful Brugmansia.. They were very kind to work with me on shipping arrangement\'s.. The weather had gotten bad and we had a death in the Family.. My package arrived on time and packed perfectly! I will defiantly be doing business with them in the future.. I am Extremely Pleased with my purchase..
On December 15th, 2014, Kylie2x added the following:

I just received my second purchase .. It was Brugmansia Harlekin.. When it arrived there was a 4" Bloom already beginning to open. It was packed perfect and arrived several days after purchase.. I could not be happier and look forward to my next purchase.. I highly recommend them..
Neutral Hillbilly_Gran
Jasper, AR (Zone 7a)
October 4, 2014
Posted on September 28, 2014, updated October 4, 2014
I ordered Brugmansia from this company in August. My bank account was immediately debited for the cost. Having heard nothing from them by September 1, I contacted them to make sure the plant wouldn\'t arrive while I was on vacation. They did not respond to my email. I tried to call, the voice mailbox was full. Since I used paypal, I opened a dispute for non- reciept. I escalated this to a claim, after I returned from vacation, since they had not responded .They did not respond to the claim either. Today, my money was refunded. I should have checked here first. But upon seeing their nice, well maintained website, I just ordered. This company uses the name Green Chapel Farms on paypal.
On October 4th, 2014, Hillbilly_Gran changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

I have changed my comment to neutral for this reason: Received my plant from Wild Things Grow today. This was sent after I received a refund. All they had to do was communicate with me or PayPal and waiting would not have been an issue. This is no way to run a business. If PayPal hadn't been involved who is to say whether or not I would have received anything at all. If you are contemplating buying from them, I would contact them PRIOR to placing an order! I do not plan to order again however, even though they have a lot of things I would have purchased otherwise.
Negative saturnalia
Winston Salem, NC
July 13, 2014
I am fairly new to gardening, and this was my first attempt at ordering plants online. I really wish I had known about this forum--or thought to check the BBB ratings--before attempting to do business with this company.

On 5/16, I ordered four plants from Wild Things Grow. As with others here, there was absolutely no communication, not so much as an email acknowledging my order other than the Paypal receipt. On 5/21, I sent an email asking when the plants might be shipped. No response. I noticed that the website said that they were slow in responding to email, so I left phone messages on 5/23 & 6/2. No response. On 6/4, I received two healthy, good sized plants; however, there was no receipt and no indication when the other half of the order might ship. I left another phone message on 6/11 and sent another email on 6/18, with the same now-predictable lack of response.

I called again on 7/1 and for the first time, got an answer. She had trouble finding my order and I had to tell her what it was that I had not received. She said there had been a number of crop failures this spring (it would have been lovely if someone had mentioned this in May) but that one plant was ready to ship now and the other would be the following week. She assured me that both would be packed on the 6th and shipped on the 7th. I'm sure you can imagine my "surprise" as the week dragged on and I had yet again heard nothing and the plants had not shipped. I left another message on the 10th and called again on the 11th but by then I really didn't see the point in leaving any more messages.

I'm sick of worrying about this and I sincerely doubt I ever see these plants. Since they don't return phone calls or answer emails, I have no idea how one would even go about requesting a refund. I guess I'm going to have to take it up with my credit card company.

The irony is that I wouldn't have minded waiting if someone had bothered to tell me what was going on. It's a shame, because the plants I did get were nice and are thriving. I just wish they were worth twice what I paid for them, since they're apparently all I'm ever going to get.
Negative bloooomer
Loyola, CA
June 13, 2014
I ordered one Angel trumpet and one datura from Wild Things Grow on May 9th. Weeks went by, nothing arrived, no communication. When I called, no one answered. Then I called the number one evening to get a grumpy woman on the other end scolding me for calling at 10 pm her time! She told me to call back, and I did. There was great difficulty "finding my order." Then, I was told that my order had not shipped because the datura was not ready to ship. So, I asked for a refund on that one, and was told the other would ship out right away. It did not. So I called back again on June 13th. Once again, she had difficulty "finding my order." I was told many things, but never given an explanation as to why my order was not shipped. She told me that she could not give me an explanation. She went on and on about "this is not a business, it is a non profit, we have volunteers who do all of the packing." (all 5 of them) I asked who is ultimately responsible for making sure that items that are paid for are shipped - she said she could not answer that, she took no responsibility. She refunded my money, yes. Ordering from this place is no different from making donation, it seems. The philosophy seems to be that if you order here, you will wait as long as it takes for them to have a plant, with absolutely no communication or updates on your order. This is simply unacceptable practice. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS VENDOR.
Company representative comment on June 13, 2014:
On Jun 13, 2014 3:40 PM, Wild Things Grow responded with:

The Customer received two separate refunds when requested, on the spot. No delay.
Nurseries are not factories with inventory sitting on shelves.
You are either willing to wait for the plant you want or you're not.

Negative windingday
Suncoast Estates, FL
March 20, 2014
I placed order with Joan on phone end of February. She assured me my two plants would be sent out that week.
After not seeing hide nor hair, nor email confirmation of my order, I called last week.
Joan informed me they had been trying to contact me, as they did not know which 2 plants I'd ordered. What???? I've never heard of such a thing, and highly suspect this was a ruse.
After telling her the plants names, I asked why I had not received an email. She insisted they had emailed me. Not true, even checked spam folder. She also balked about weather. Not true either. I watch wunderground's 10 day forecast, and she could have easily mailed me the plants between 2 southern states.
Now it's last night, and I called for the third time. Same deal, she didn't know which two plants I'd ordered. I also asked why I had not received an email. This time before I got off phone I insisted she email me, and that my plants go out
within 10 days. Later that evening, this woman had the gall to (finally) email me a note saying there is a no refund policy!
She hasn't even mailed the plants and shes talking about no refund!
I've had it with this company. I also filed against them at the BBB. If my plants arrive and are healthy, in good shape, I may change this to neutral. That's if they ever arrive. Her business practices are horribly lacking. I have never spoken with anyone as lazily minded as this person. Good luck if you order from her, it will definitely be a risk.

Company representative comment on March 29, 2014:
On Mar 29, 2014 10:30 AM, Wild Things Grow responded with:

We have never, in the history of this company, told a customer that we have no refund or replacement policy.

No such correspondence was sent, nor was any such policy stated.

This customers order was delayed for a number of reasons, none of which were the fault of the customer. They have received their plants plus extra plants, in good condition.

Negative Tonib99
April 18, 2013
I wanted a vine for a pot that one of my Plumerias is in and after much research and consideration, I decided on the Pink Frost Sweet Potatoe vine. I fell in love with the colors and thought it would be gorgeous under my Plumeria. I couldn't find anyone locally who sold them so I turned to the internet. There wasn't alot of sellers there either, so I ended up choosing Wild Things Grow. I am not a rich person so I really debated paying $15.00 (vine + shipping), but I did it. It arrived so fast and I felt like a kid on Christmas when I came home to find the package at my door. I swooped it up and opened the box carefully, making sure not to injure the new love of my life. My heart broke. Here was a withered 5" vine, laying on a half-filled cup of dried soil. It's roots weren't even covered. It had a plastic grocery bag wadded and shoved into the cup and then held in place with packing tape. I quickly rushed it to a pot, gave it soil, water and a prayer. It's been 5 days and it has shown no improvement. I will NEVER buy a plant or recommended Wild Things Grow. And good luck trying to get a response from them. They have my $15.00, so why listen to my complaint. If they respond to me, I'll post it. But I think I would have better luck bringing my dead vine back to life.
Company representative comment on July 18, 2013:
On Jul 19, 2013 12:03 AM, Wild Things Grow responded with:

Green Chapel Farms has an excellent replacement policy, Toni.
We cover the top of the plant with plastic so the soil doesn't fall out during shipping. The plant container is secured in the box with tape so it doesn't bounce around. All the "Shoved" and "Wadded" is a bit dramatic, but understand your disappointment.
We ship all packages USPS priority mail, and we receive very few complaints about customers receiving dead plants, but occasionally a package will be delayed, and that spells sure death for the plant.

Neutral dmac085
Greensboro, NC (Zone 7a)
February 25, 2013
2.26.13
website no longer exists
Positive Rhapsody616
Long Beach, CA
February 9, 2013
I had a wonderful experience with greenchapel and Wild Things Grow. They were pleasant and knowledgeable. Understood the needs of a beginner and offered advise. They provided fast service... less then a week and I had my brugs in my hot little hands. I received six very well rooted and good size plant, one of which was a bonus.

I was a bit leery of ordering, so I called and left a message first mostly to make sure what I wanted was in stock. I had a very nice conversation with the owner the next day... being a small business owner myself I know how customers can be. EVERY THING I requested was attend to. I could not be happier. So if you have been put off by prior feedback I would encourage you to give them a call, place a order and expect amazing!
Negative jonreed_tx
Schertz, TX
November 5, 2011
I ordered (and paid for) 3 Plumeria plants back on 7 September. Immediately received 1 and unable to receive the other two. It has been incredible difficult reaching anyone with this company (website email aren't responded to and now it seems their phone is disconnected). When I was able to reach someone they seems to think I was a nuisance asking for the product I paid good money for. Said the products are on back order. Extremely disappointed in Wild Things Grow. I don't think I'll ever get the plants, but they sure have my money for the past 2 months
Company representative comment on July 18, 2013:
On Jul 19, 2013 12:06 AM, Wild Things Grow responded with:

Dear Friend
Did you receive your plants?