The scoop on 'Wild Things Grow'

Wild Things Grow

154 N. Chase Dr.
Watha, North Carolina 28478 (United States)

Phone: (910) 470-1949

Comments:

Negative windingday
Suncoast Estates, FL
March 20, 2014
I placed order with Joan on phone end of February. She assured me my two plants would be sent out that week.
After not seeing hide nor hair, nor email confirmation of my order, I called last week.
Joan informed me they had been trying to contact me, as they did not know which 2 plants I'd ordered. What???? I've never heard of such a thing, and highly suspect this was a ruse.
After telling her the plants names, I asked why I had not received an email. She insisted they had emailed me. Not true, even checked spam folder. She also balked about weather. Not true either. I watch wunderground's 10 day forecast, and she could have easily mailed me the plants between 2 southern states.
Now it's last night, and I called for the third time. Same deal, she didn't know which two plants I'd ordered. I also asked why I had not received an email. This time before I got off phone I insisted she email me, and that my plants go out
within 10 days. Later that evening, this woman had the gall to (finally) email me a note saying there is a no refund policy!
She hasn't even mailed the plants and shes talking about no refund!
I've had it with this company. I also filed against them at the BBB. If my plants arrive and are healthy, in good shape, I may change this to neutral. That's if they ever arrive. Her business practices are horribly lacking. I have never spoken with anyone as lazily minded as this person. Good luck if you order from her, it will definitely be a risk.

Company representative comment on March 29, 2014:
On Mar 29, 2014 10:30 AM, Wild Things Grow responded with:

We have never, in the history of this company, told a customer that we have no refund or replacement policy.

No such correspondence was sent, nor was any such policy stated.

This customers order was delayed for a number of reasons, none of which were the fault of the customer. They have received their plants plus extra plants, in good condition.

Negative Tonib99
April 18, 2013
I wanted a vine for a pot that one of my Plumerias is in and after much research and consideration, I decided on the Pink Frost Sweet Potatoe vine. I fell in love with the colors and thought it would be gorgeous under my Plumeria. I couldn't find anyone locally who sold them so I turned to the internet. There wasn't alot of sellers there either, so I ended up choosing Wild Things Grow. I am not a rich person so I really debated paying $15.00 (vine + shipping), but I did it. It arrived so fast and I felt like a kid on Christmas when I came home to find the package at my door. I swooped it up and opened the box carefully, making sure not to injure the new love of my life. My heart broke. Here was a withered 5" vine, laying on a half-filled cup of dried soil. It's roots weren't even covered. It had a plastic grocery bag wadded and shoved into the cup and then held in place with packing tape. I quickly rushed it to a pot, gave it soil, water and a prayer. It's been 5 days and it has shown no improvement. I will NEVER buy a plant or recommended Wild Things Grow. And good luck trying to get a response from them. They have my $15.00, so why listen to my complaint. If they respond to me, I'll post it. But I think I would have better luck bringing my dead vine back to life.
Company representative comment on July 18, 2013:
On Jul 19, 2013 12:03 AM, Wild Things Grow responded with:

Green Chapel Farms has an excellent replacement policy, Toni.
We cover the top of the plant with plastic so the soil doesn't fall out during shipping. The plant container is secured in the box with tape so it doesn't bounce around. All the "Shoved" and "Wadded" is a bit dramatic, but understand your disappointment.
We ship all packages USPS priority mail, and we receive very few complaints about customers receiving dead plants, but occasionally a package will be delayed, and that spells sure death for the plant.

Neutral dmac085
Greensboro, NC (Zone 7a)
February 25, 2013
2.26.13
website no longer exists
Positive Rhapsody616
Long Beach, CA
February 9, 2013
I had a wonderful experience with greenchapel and Wild Things Grow. They were pleasant and knowledgeable. Understood the needs of a beginner and offered advise. They provided fast service... less then a week and I had my brugs in my hot little hands. I received six very well rooted and good size plant, one of which was a bonus.

I was a bit leery of ordering, so I called and left a message first mostly to make sure what I wanted was in stock. I had a very nice conversation with the owner the next day... being a small business owner myself I know how customers can be. EVERY THING I requested was attend to. I could not be happier. So if you have been put off by prior feedback I would encourage you to give them a call, place a order and expect amazing!
Negative jonreed_tx
Schertz, TX
November 5, 2011
I ordered (and paid for) 3 Plumeria plants back on 7 September. Immediately received 1 and unable to receive the other two. It has been incredible difficult reaching anyone with this company (website email aren't responded to and now it seems their phone is disconnected). When I was able to reach someone they seems to think I was a nuisance asking for the product I paid good money for. Said the products are on back order. Extremely disappointed in Wild Things Grow. I don't think I'll ever get the plants, but they sure have my money for the past 2 months
Company representative comment on July 18, 2013:
On Jul 19, 2013 12:06 AM, Wild Things Grow responded with:

Dear Friend
Did you receive your plants?