The scoop on 'Amador Flower Farm'

Amador Flower Farm

22001 Shenandoah School Rd
Plymouth, California 95669 (United States)

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: $3.50 (refundable w/1st order)

Visit Amador Flower Farm at:

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Positive plantgnome1
nowhere land, NY (Zone 6b)
September 26, 2014
Posted on July 25, 2014, updated September 26, 2014
Posted on July 11, 2013, updated July 25, 2014
I placed my first order two weeks ago for a few daylilies for a new garden that will be started in September, the ones I chose are not affordable at other online daylily companies and were a great price at Amadors and received them today in excellent condition, nice size clumps and a bonus fan. They even delayed shipping them because of the horrendous heat wave at their farm so they would not be stressed in shipment. Very pleased and will order again as soon as my new garden is arranged so I can fill in with the proper colors and sizes.
On July 25th, 2014, plantgnome1 added the following:

Made my second order last week-tried to email a message but their server keeps rejecting my addresses. Hope everything is okay over there.
Looking forward to my order-again great prices and great plants.
On September 26th, 2014, plantgnome1 added the following:

I have received numerous orders, all packaged well with a bonus plant. With the first 2 orders I received email notifications of shipment, shipments after that I received no email notifications. Last attempt at an order resulted in a phone call to me that 2 of my 4 selections were out of stock-okay that happens, so I called back with two different ones and while on the phone I was told 1 of those is also out of stock. So I called back with a substitution. A day later they called to say my order was a couple of dollars short of the $25 minimum order, (original order was well over the minimum). One would think after all that communication they would just ship the order, but they wouldn't so I cancelled the whole thing. By the way the lilies that I was told that were out of stock, still show as available as of today, 3 days after telling me they are out of stock. Also-if you order from their clearance sale, you do not get any bonus plants no matter the size of your order. Also their website does not tell you how many fans you will be getting. Usually it is 2 fans, sometimes only one fan. In my opinion they are only worth the $5 you are paying.
Their email contact is still not working, so you have to call to change or add to an order.
I went through a lot of time & frustration trying to select daylily combos that would bloom at the same time, the same height and complimentary colors-because their site does not have the ability to search by plant height or bloom size and now appears they do not update availability. From now on I will order from them only for cultivars that are high priced elsewhere but available on their site for a cheaper price. As far a color selection, you can just type the color into the search box and it does show cultivars of that color. For those of you complaining about knowing which plant is which-the receipt shows the names with those item numbers and also you can just type the item number into the search box and the matching daylily will show up on the screen.
Bottom line: Amador really needs to upgrade their website.
Positive goldilocks0613
Conroe, TX
March 23, 2012
First of all, I have well over 100 different daylilies in my garden, most of which were ordered online. I ordered 5 daylily plants from Amador, and received very nice fans with great root systems. I also received a bonus plant equally nice.
Their prices are very competitive, as none of mine were over $6 and I received double fans of each !
I highly recommend this nursery. You will not be disappointed.
Positive aglading
Rochester, NY
April 29, 2010
I've just ordered my second set of daylilies from Amador. The first is still going strong in very sandy soil in San Diego, but I've recently moved to upstate NY and am looking forward to starting a new colony in the mostly clay soil here. I'm sure that the plants will do well regardless. The previous batch showed up in great condition, although since I had lost my order confirmation I didn't know which on was which (they are only labeled with the product code). I think the only bad thing about Amador is that you are spoiled for choice. Also, a way to search the online shop by bloom color would be handy.
Positive Aquanewbie
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
September 22, 2009
I had a great experience with Amador Flower Farm. They have many choices of daylilies. Their prices are outstanding only 5-8 dollars for a double fan!! They also gave me 2 free daylily fans. One arrived poorly and I quickly emailed them. They told me to try and plant it. It did not grow. They responded by saying they will happily replace the "Merlot Rouge" that had rotted away. I am currently awaiting the replacement. I highly reccomend this company. Shop now, I unfortunately ordered before the September sale of 30% of various types. They provide all info on how to grow, care, tetra/dip, bloom size, good picture, and plant size. Thanks!!!
Positive LavenderFanatic
Eaton, OH
April 3, 2008
I have ordered about 6 varieties of daylily over the past couple years from Amador. They have a huge selection (800 varieties in their print catalog) and their customer service was great. They sent nice sized fans, which were labeled so no more guessing which is which, and they were carefully packed. And they sent bonus daylilies, which I now enjoy in my garden. With so many lilies to choose from, you'll find something to suit your fancy. The prices are reasonable, and they ship UPS so the plants don't spend too much time in transit. I highly recommend this company.
Positive WUVIE
Hulbert, OK (Zone 7a)
March 29, 2007
My experience with Amador was very pleasant.

The telephone clerk was very helpful, the
order was filled promptly and the packing was
absolutely wonderful. Instead of getting a box
full of guess-which-one-it-is, the daylilies were
all properly labeled, a catalog was included and
I'm thrilled about the bonus plants!

My garden has many very old cultivars, and Amador
happened to carry several I was looking for. Great
selection indeed. Good prices, too.

I even received a coupon for ten dollars off another
order, which I do intend to use.

I'll be back, Amador, and will gladly refer you to others.

Positive JasperDale
Long Beach, CA (Zone 10a)
February 15, 2007
I have ordered twice from Amador's and found their service to be superb and their plants are excellent quality. Big healty DL fans, and every single one grew beautifully.
Positive kjchism
Antioch, IL
February 21, 2005
Last year I ordered a number of daylilies from Amador and found the daylilies great and people very helpful.
kj c in Illinois
Positive anonymous
November 1, 1999
Amador flower farm is a wonderful place to go and see the plants growing (nice to go often and see the change in seasons). They specialize in daylilies, but carry many California natives and items for the water garden. The prices seem to be a little high but plant are unusual and of high quality.
Positive lindaandrand
January 1, 1999
I didn't know that Amador Flower Farm offered a catalog. It is a beautiful nursery. It is beautifully landscaped with most of the landscaping plants being labeled, making it possible to visualize how a certain plant might look in your own garden. They have a good selection of healthy plants suitable for the Sierra Foothill area. The prices are a little high, but the quality of the merchandise seems to be quite good. I have been delighted with the plants I purchased from them.