The scoop on 'Permaculture Nursery at Food Forest Farm'

Permaculture Nursery at Food Forest Farm

147 Brown Ave.
Holyoke, Massachusetts 01040 (United States)

Phone: 413-303-0740
Paper Catalog Cost: N/A

Comments:

Positive FLAGPHARMER
Kachina Village, AZ
May 10, 2013
Ok please put your list of available plants on Dave's plant scout so we know what you have! You literally have every single plant I was looking for and had to order peacemeal from six nurseries. So very excited to try out an order. Best of luck!
Positive jtellerelsberg
Norwich, VT (Zone 5a)
May 31, 2011
Posted on February 10, 2011, updated May 31, 2011
Permaculture Nursery is a new nursery specializing in relatively cold-hardy plants suited to permaculture style growing--but not restricted only to permaculture style. They emphasize offering perennial vegetable plants, and to my knowledge they are the only source in North America for what they are calling Climbing Spinach, Hablitzia tamnoides, reason enough for a positive rating. I am ordering several species from them this year (Spring 2011). I'll update this comment when I get the plants and see how they turn out.
On May 31st, 2011, jtellerelsberg added the following:

Update: I've now purchased Turkish rocket, hablitzia vining spinach, Bocking 14 comfrey, sea kale, and good king Henry from Permaculture Nursery. I picked them up directly since the drive wasn't too, too far, and I was able to add a visit to my uncle and aunt in the process.

All the plants have made the transplant into my ground well. I planted them about two weeks ago and all appear to be doing well. Now for the real test... will I like eating all these unusual veggies? TBD!