The scoop on 'Seed Needs'

Seed Needs

Allen Park, Michigan 48209 (United States)

Comments:

Positive toniann
Lafayette, CO
June 4, 2013
Posted on May 7, 2013, updated June 4, 2013
I ordered wedding favors with SeedNeeds at the beginning of March and the transaction was immediately processed. Well, it is now the beginning of May, and I have not received any favors, nor is the company responding to my emails (via their website and my personal email) requesting an update on my order. I will be giving them 48 more hours to at least respond and then have to pursue further action. Worst of all, I need to find a plan B for the favors!
On June 4th, 2013, toniann changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

Update: Despite the slow communication at first, my order was received last week and they look great!
Negative scoopbunnie
New Orleans, LA
October 8, 2012
I purchased two packets of spinach seed-Bloomfield and New Zealand. I planted them in pots, per instructions, and never even got a sprout. I informed company and they sent two more packets. Again, I planted in pots, per instructions. Again, the seeds were bad and did not sprout. I then asked for a refund-I had missed two growing seasons and wasted valuable garden space on these seeds. The company refused. I would not recommend purchasing from this vendor.
Note, it was not like some of the seeds did not sprout-none of the seeds sprouted.
Company representative comment on October 8, 2012:
On Oct 8, 2012 7:47 PM, Seed Needs responded with:

Hello,

I must say that this customer has not provided all of the details and is not being reasonable in this current situation.

They had purchased 2 varieties of Spinach & 1 packet of wildflower seeds. First they had told me that the two varieties that had not grown were the Bloomsdale Long Standing Spinach, and the Partial Shade Wildflower Mixture.

We then offered a choice between two options. A Replacement of a fresh batch of seeds, or a refund for the product price. The buyer had chose to have a fresh batch of seeds reshipped to them at no extra charge.

They then contacted us again stating the the Partial shade Wildflower Mixture had produced, but the Spinach, long Standing had still not produced.

We have explained to them that the option was given for a replacement or a refund, and since they had chosen a replacement, we would be unable to refund the seed cost.

Why would we offer a free replacement of fresh seeds just to end up refunding the sale afterwards? We give the choice of a reshipment or refund, you chose the refund.

I do apologize but you are not being reasonable in this situation.

Thank you, and again my apologies.

On Oct 8, 2012 7:49 PM, Seed Needs added:

My apologies for the typo, you chose the Reshipment not the refund.

Thank you.

Positive anglrobinson
Spring Mills, PA
September 15, 2012
I always use this website to obtain seeds for my garden. Their rates are unbelievable and they ship as soon as you order. I always get my package in excellent condition and in a very prompt time. I had one problem with the postman returning my packages and they were very soon to respond. I received exactly what I ordered three days later. They are very nice and have great customer service. They even have seeds I had never seen before and I found this exciting. I do not work for them and was not paid to write this. I really just appreciate good business. Everything I have ordered so far has germinated well and I have lots of beautiful plants. I will always return here and they even send free gift seeds sometimes. It is like getting a surprise in the mail. It is wonderful.
Company representative comment on September 16, 2012:
On Sep 16, 2012 11:55 PM, Seed Needs responded with:

Thank you so very much for your kind feedback, and I can confirm that we do not pay anyone for their reviews. We want our customers to be completely honest with us. If there is a problem, we want you to post it here so that we can work on it. =] Thanks again! and as always happy gardening!

Negative RAVENCLAW
Mansfield Center, CT
August 20, 2012
I ordered a packet of 60 "pure white" four o'clock seeds, through amazon. The info on the packet was a little sketchy (said the spacing was only 6"....) but the internet can make up for that. I was so excited when every one of the seeds came up, because they were going to make a great addition to the all-white/hawkmoth garden in the backyard. Right now they're glorious... in full bloom. 20+ plants. The only problem is......they're all hot pink.
Company representative comment on August 20, 2012:
On Aug 21, 2012 12:14 AM, Seed Needs responded with:

Hello,

We have provided seeds that were more than likely mislabeled by our suppliers. And though this is no reasonable excuse for what has happened, I can only say that we are only as good as our suppliers.

If you could please contact us at support@myseedneeds.com, we will be very happy to make this situation right.

We can't fix a problem if we are not first contacted by the customer.

Thank you.

Neutral RemyO
Tonawanda, NY (Zone 6b)
April 25, 2012
Posted on April 25, 2012, updated April 25, 2012
I have emailed this company twice from their form on their site. (They have no other way to reach them.) I sent a message asking a question on Friday. It was about the favors page as it comes up blank. I resent the same question late Monday in case it somehow got missed the first time around and have still heard nothing.

On April 25th, 2012, RemyO changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

I sent an email to the address provided and they did get back to me in a timely manner, and answered my questions. So I'm changing my rating to a neutral to not adversely affect their ratings.
Company representative comment on April 25, 2012:
On Apr 25, 2012 10:53 AM, Seed Needs responded with:

Hello,

My apologies for the Contact Page.
We have our contact form set up to receive emails but we have not been able to get it to work correctly.

If you need anything, please email us at our direct email Support@myseedneeds.com

If I might ask you to be so kind and remove or even change this review in the end when we resolve this, that would be splendid!

Thank you very much, in the meantime I will do my best to fix our contact us page. =]

Positive mom2goldens
Carmel, IN (Zone 5b)
March 3, 2011
I ordered from this company for the first time, and found shipping to be very prompt, and communication excellent throughout the process. Shipping costs were quite reasonable and seeds were protected in a bubble envelope for safe shipping. Seed packets contain some basic information for starting or planting seeds. Their packets do have great photos and some beautiful artwork.

If their germination rates live up to their labeled percentages, these seeds are a good value. I'll try to report back later after I have some seeds started.
Positive GardenDroid
Puyallup, WA
February 27, 2011
I ordered four different types of thyme from Seed Needs for winter sowing - about 10 days later the containers I started are all full of little heads of thyme poking out of the surface; the germination rates look to be pretty impressive. I must add that the seed count on a couple of the packets seemed off. The elfin thyme packet was listed as 200 seeds, but there's no way there were more than 30 seeds in that little packet. Tiny seeds, I know, but I have great glasses. Overall though I would highly recommend this site for seeds.
Company representative comment on March 1, 2011:
On Mar 1, 2011 9:53 AM, Seed Needs responded with:

Thanks so much for your order!
I can assure you that the packet of 200 seeds was pretty close to 200 if a little short. A physical count is done on all packets of low quantities to make a more accurate estimate of seeds. Simply put, our method is more accurate than seed measurements by weight.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks!