Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

The scoop on 'The Egyptian Walking Onion'

The Egyptian Walking Onion

301 S 10th St.
Garfield, Washington 99130 (United States)

Phone: 509-635-1356

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

No positives

Comments:

Negative Plantcrazylady
Santa Cruz, CA
December 7, 2015
Posted on October 19, 2015, updated December 7, 2015
Poor service, poor quality product, poor attitude. I ordered premium-sized topsets of walking onions from this online-only business. I made the purchase during cool weather, and at the time of the transaction I was not informed of any delay in fulfillment. More than three weeks later (I had to contact the business to find out why I had no order confirmation or notice of delay) they shipped the bulbs, by USPS, during a late-season heat wave. We were having temperatures over 100 degrees at the time. My bulbs arrived dried up and shriveled, loose in their paper coatings. Ruined. I contacted the company to ask for an assurance that they would guarantee viability before I planted out the likely-dead bulbs. They absolutely would not guarantee viability! I was told, simply and rudely, to \"plant them.\" When pushed, the vendor said she was \"not responsible for what happens to her product after it ships.\" Excuse me? I initiated a dispute with PayPal, but was so disgusted by the vendor\'s rudeness that I let the matter drop. I had too many important things (family stuff) to deal with at the time to bother with a $25 dispute. But I feel it is important to warn this gardening community: this company does not guarantee the quality or viability its plant stock! Shop elsewhere.
On December 7th, 2015, Plantcrazylady added the following:

Update December 2015: I did plant the dead bulbs to see whether they would do anything. As predicted, they never sprouted. I was robbed of $25 by this company! (In contrast, I purchased a walking onion plant in a pot from a local source and planted it out -- at the same time -- next to the dead bulbs. It is absolutely thriving.)

Copyright © 2000-2016 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.