The scoop on 'USA Seed Store'

USA Seed Store

81 Union Hill Road
McMinnville, Tennessee 37110 (United States)

This company is affiliated with Autumn Ridge Nursery (aka autumnridgenursery.com)

This company offers a variety of plants and seeds.

Comments:

Negative PapaNC
Salem, NC
October 6, 2013
Last year I placed two orders with USA Seed Store. That will be my LAST order. First I ordered three (3) Apple trees. Then I ordered three (3) Pear trees.
They looked terrible! Like sticks with not much roots. But I planted them.
Out of 6 plants only two survived. They lived but look terrible.
After reading other reviews I wonder if I got what I ordered??? We'll see.
I started to contact them and see if their promise to replace plants that don't survive is true.......................NOT!
Decided after reading their reviews here NOT to waste my time and any more money.
Sure wished I'd have found this site first.
Negative johnnowlin
Covington, KY
June 22, 2013
As a landscape professional w/advanced degrees in hort and LA my experience with these people has been almost all negative. Ordered 10 br roses this spring they arrived on time. They had paper computer tags which is as good as no tags. The canes were large and well developed. However, someone who had no idea what they were doing pruned the roots to about 4"s..so, big tops and almost no roots. Out of the 10 one survived as of 6/13. And, it was not "Royal Highness" but "Vavoom" a completely different variety from what I ordered. I called back in early May to say they were not going to survive. The lady on the phone asked me to wait and see..then call back. Called today 6/22...and, they are closed for the season! Needless to say my clients are not happy and I'll be eating this for lunch! USA Seed, aka: autumn ridge, summerstone,,,,etc..my advice: don't buy from these folks! They are unprofessional and as all the complaints confirm..very shady! The old dictum..."if it seems too good to be true" should have guided my actions better. I am out $80. not to mention a good deal of extra labor and angst from my clients. I think they are selling seconds and rejects from a famous and wonderful nursery close by.."Wayside"
Positive u4ea50
Dallas, TX
June 12, 2013
Unlike everyone else here I had a very positive experience. I ordered 6 rose bushes. It was even the end of the season, and I received all 6 in a reasonable amount of time,.They were leafing out, with strong stems. The price was great and shipping was free.
Negative ScottiesGarden
Lenexa, KS
February 10, 2013
I received a USA Seed flyer by mail several days ago. It looked similar to the Summerstone flyer I received last Spring. I purchased $50 in fruit trees 3/13/12. The trees appeared dead and were much smaller than what I expected. I planted them per the directions and three of them sprouted leaves one died before full leaf and the final two were dead by September.
I notified Summerstone and they shipped out replacement plants that arrived worse than the first order and unfortunately none of them survived. I will not order from USA Seed as I now know that they are a.k.a. Summerstone. This flyer is going into the recycling bin.
Negative Pbnjs
Northwest Harborcreek, PA
January 29, 2013
This was absolutely the worst batch if trees I ever bought. Totally junk and very disappointed in what I received. I hope no one else gets ripped off by this so called nursery!
Negative qwasy62
Amery, WI
January 28, 2013
How many different names does this place have? I purchased plants from them under the name Summerstone. They were dead and not what they said they were or I purchased. DO NOT buy from this company!!!!!
Negative kiddocamp
Brighton, TN
May 29, 2012
I had been online looking for roses to start a garden with when I ran across there website. I placed an order for a Golden Glow (yellow), Barbara Streisand, and a Mr. Lincoln back in Marh and paid $31.28. What came was 3 sticks 2 had a few little leaves the other was mostly dead and it was in this nearly 5' tall box that was maybe 6" wide. They were tagged with what I had ordered, but when they bloomed, it was not even close. The Streisand was a pink/purple very light color and it was to have been a middle purple, the Golden Glow was to have been a mild dark yellow, turns out it pale yellow, and the Mr. Lincoln was to have been a very deep dark red, ha this was not even close. What I got for him was a hot pink tea rose. I have tried to e-mail, call and fax them several times. The only time I ever got an answer the lady said she was putting it in the mail to me that day & I would have it within 3 days. This was the 3rd week of April and I still have not seen it. This place is a scam and a rip off. The phone rings, they finally pick up, hold it then hang up. They do the same thing with the fax machine. And the e-mail, they will NOT respond to you. This company SUCKS and should not be able to do business.
Negative Prolibra
Glen Rock, NJ
May 29, 2012
I ordered $60 worth of plants 4 weeks ago and was told on the phone they would be shipped at the end of that week. They haven't arrived. My VISA has been charged, though. I have a confirmation number, but it doesn't matter because the two phone numbers on their catalog aren't answered ... Or I should say they're picked up, but nobody speaks, then they hang up. I've been had.
Negative e4services
Boulder, CO
May 16, 2012
Operating my own Online Store, when I never received an order confirmation from the eStore through the weekend, I went back to check the order.
You Cannot. Try contacting them. No Response as everyone here has experienced.
It is coming on 3 weeks on my order, called my CC, they froze the charge and opened the dispute. My CU cancelled the card, just in case, and gave me a temp refund.
I plan to refuse any shipments that arrive. Can anyone that actually received a shipment, tell me who was the shipping company they use?
THANK YOU FOR THE HEADS UP POSTs here. I see now that these people are just playing this Internet sales game. Send you a rock in a box and respond to any despute as Shipped and Received.
Negative tracerjack
Lodi, CA
May 8, 2012
Thankfully, I only spent $15 on my order for a Pecan tree. It arrived looking dead, but I dutifully planted it the same day. It has not leafed or budded, and the company has not answered my email about getting a replacement. Their "help" contact on their web page doesn't work, and my phone call goes through, but no one actually answers. Wish I would have read the reviews first. This company shouldn't be in business. After looking elsewhere online for a Pecan, I find out that Pecans cannot be shipped to California, so this company does not even know what they are doing. I suppose that since the tree was most likely dead when they shipped it, they technically didn't break any laws.
Negative smileyranch
Gibsonia, PA
March 24, 2012
The trees we ordered were ridiculously small and not healthy. We had to pay to ship them back and they have no toll free number. We are now out $90 for the trees and $10 for the phone calls/shipping. Still waiting after 10 days for a refund.
Negative rentven
Gainesville, FL
March 20, 2012
Do not buy anything from their website. They will send you dead plants and you might not get your money back. I ordered a couple plants from them then cancelled it the next day when I saw the reviews from DG. They still billed my credit card and sent dead-looking plants. I called them and also complained to BBB.org. Their previous affiliated company Summerstone have settled with TN gov't and was penalized.
Neutral davidhil
Wamego, KS
January 12, 2012
Posted on May 9, 2011, updated January 12, 2012
Ordered about 10 dwarf fruit trees and 6 berry bushes. A couple of the trees didn't make it. They readily sent out a form to get them replaced. You have to pay 1/4 of the original price...but hey, after dealing with horrendous companies like burgess, these guys are a dream!!!!
On January 12th, 2012, davidhil changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

Although my first experience was very good, it apparently hasn't gone well since for usaseedstore.... Bummer. I ordered a couple more dwarf trees this fall, received them, but they weren't grafted. As a matter of fact, I couldn't tell the difference between the pears and the apricot... May all be sugar maples for all I know. They haven't responded to email since. I'll keep them a neutral because of a good first experience, but would not go back to now.
Negative reeve1
Plano, TX (Zone 8b)
December 3, 2011
I know better than to order from a company before looking here to see their ratings! So why did I order from these people without checking here first? I'm banging my head. I feel like bending over and letting everyone on here kick me. This is without a doubt the worst box of junk plant pieces I have ever received. Some of the plants are mismarked, most are dead and crowns are smashed into pieces inside the bag. They were shipped in a box that was protected, so obviously it was packaged this way. They were so dry it should have been marked as a fire hazard for spontaneous combustion...LOL I spent $67.05 on 10 plants and I know there's not more than 2 live plants in here, and that's being kind (assuming the Blackberry stick is really dormant and not dead, although there's no green visible from a thumbnail scratch). What a joke! Honestly, I'd get more pleasure out of driving down the highway throwing (67) one dollar bills out the window and watching people's reaction than wasting it on this junk again. How do these people purposely get plants in this condition? Do they buy other nursery's dead stock and sell them as live? Please, STAY AWAY from these people. They don't offer refunds for a reason!!
Negative MAKMAK12
Oglethorpe, GA
October 6, 2011
A year ago I was totally screwed by Autumn Ridge Nursery. Complaints to the state of Tennessee did no good. Today I received a catalog from USA SEED STORE. What a joke! It is obviously the same nursery disguised under a different name. I will never do business again with any nursery from McMinnvillle, TN or probably any Tennessee nursery. Anyone who does deserves what they get!
Negative NessaAnn
Newburgh, IN
September 12, 2011
This nursery is a scam. I purchased from them when they were called "Autumn Ridge Nursery." They sent me garbage and stole my money. They are condemned by the BBB and under government investigation. Click the Autumn Ridge Nursery link above under "affiliated with" to learn more!
Negative Bandit615
Sulphur, LA
August 18, 2011
I ordered three hybrid tee rose plants on May 8, 2011 and received them on May 16, 2011. I planted all three immediately. Two of the plants never even sprouted a leaf. I sent two emails to their customer service email address about sending replacement plants. They never replied. I have called the company for 2 months and no one picked up the phone. I finally reached someone three weeks ago and they said they would send me a replacement form. I have not received the form. Now, the phone number has been suspended. I will never do business with this company again!