The scoop on 'Gardenerdirect.com'

Gardenerdirect.com

1759 McGarity Rd
McDonough, Georgia 30252 (United States)

Phone: 770 573 1778

This company offers a variety of bulbs and gardening supplies and plants and seeds.

Comments:

Positive Just_One_Nerve
Boise, ID
August 21, 2013
Original order placed on Tuesday 8/13/13, called on Thursday 8/15/13 to follow up.

Spencer informed me they typically send out orders on Monday's from their nursary in GA. Typical shipping to ID is 5-6 days. Since I was having the package delivered to my work, he went ahead and sent it early for me so it would not arrive over the weekend, so it started shipment on Friday 8/16/13 the next day. I just received the package today Wednesday 8/21/13 earlier than the original projection of 8/22/13 by Fedex but tracking indicated it would be delivered early yesterday.

Shipped in a 2'x2'x1' box (oriented tall) with a plastic liner across the bottom, moistened paper held in place by plastic wrapped around the base/pots of the plants, and wrinkled paper filling in the gap space at the top. Very secure and no mess in the box.

All 5 plants (3 azalea, 1 gardenia, 1 jasmine) arrived in good condition in their 1 gallon pots. All plants were at least 12" tall and dense foliage and apparently healthy. Plants seem to be of good quality. All plants had new growth and 1 azalea was blooming. Some plants had been lightly trimmed for shipment but still appears acceptable to me.

Only light issue was there were a couple small white flies in the box. Nothing that really bothers me since all the plants will be outdoors and does not appear to be an infestation issue but just psycologically I dislike that they were present.

First mail order for me and I was VERY satisfied with the customer service and the initial impression from the plants. Will update plant health if I remember in the future. I did order plants that will be a "project" in my area due to soil conditions(alkaline soil with acid loving plants), and a couple of the plants will be close to their cold hardiness levels.

Plant costs were between $15-20 each, and shipping was $22.50.
Positive drobarr
Hummelstown, PA (Zone 6b)
March 19, 2013
I ordered a cold tolerant "Russian 26 pomegranate" back in Feb 2013. The bush came very quickly and was well packaged. Overall good experience and value.
Positive morningloree
Heathrow, FL
July 11, 2012
I ordered a Chaste Tree and a Tea Olive Bush. My plants arrived in a timely manner, they were well packaged, large sized and very healthy. I was very impressed. I ordered on a holiday weekend and my plants arrived in a week. The prices are very reasonable, too. Will be ordering additional plants!
Positive janerodgers59
Deephaven, MN
March 1, 2012
I ordered several purple pixies from their web site GardenerDirect.com. They arrived on time and in perfect condition. I was pleased at the size of the plants as I had a poor experience with another online company sending very small plants that died a few weeks after I got them in the ground. I'm very thrilled with them. Very healthy plants with deep color. Exactly what I wanted. Thank you Gardener Direct.com.

Jane R.
Positive gardengreat7
Austin, TX
June 14, 2011
I am very happy with the way this company shipped the plants to my home. I was very concerned about ordering plants online and whether or not they woudl be damaged in shipping. I had also had bad experiences before with another online plant store. When I received my plants from gardener direct they were each shipped with extra packing and all the plants arrived healthy and in good shape. I would recommend shopping at http://www.gardenerdirect.com as they are a reliable source for plants online that will arrive in good condition.