The scoop on 'Tierra Madre Farm'

Tierra Madre Farm

PO Box 1476
Santa Cruz, California 95061 (United States)

Phone: 831.423.3705

Comments:

Positive tylt33
Chico, CA
January 22, 2012
I ordered a total of eight fruit trees from Tierra Madre Farms. They carry varieties that you will not find anywhere else, and at prices that can't be beaten. They are extremely helpful both via email and by phone. The trees arrived in perfect health and look fantastic. They are a class act and will receive my continued business. A+ job guys.
Positive Andriy_MA
Winchester, MA
October 11, 2011
I am very impressed by their pear selection - 51 varieties. Among those I found the variety I already gave up looking for. The pear trees are on standard, semi-dwarf and dwarf rootstock. They probably copied the whole Germplasm Repository at Davis :-) They also have 59 varieties of apples, plus other fruits and vegetables. Chris, the owner, sent an acknowledgment of my order the same night (on weekend), promptly answered my questions. The pear trees arrived in good condition, well packed. I planted them and they are doing great.
Positive hoosierquilt
Vista, CA
August 30, 2011
I was looking to purchase some heirloom pear varieties, especially earlier French or Italian varieties that would do well in my milder climate. I was able to find this wonderful grower located just north of me in Santa Cruz, California. Chris Menge, one of the owners, grows a surprisingly large number of heirloom pear & other pom and stone fruit varieties, many that are simply not available from any other grower that I can find in the United States. He was very cordial, and took time out of his very busy season to let me know he could adjust my order (my mistake when I ordered), and would ship out immediately. I ordered on a weekend, my trees were packed and shipped the following Tuesday to arrive this Thursday. I will report back on the condition of the trees when I receive them this Thursday. Very excited to be able to have such a large selection of very rare and unusual heirloom fruit trees to pick from, this is a real find for those folks trying to find those rarer pom and stone fruits.