The scoop on 'Honeyberry USA'

Honeyberry USA

Honeyberry USA has 57 products listed in PlantScout.

PO Box 512
Bagley, Minnesota 56621 (United States)

Phone: 218-694-3071

Company Comment, posted on May 19, 2011:
We are happy to offer cold hardy fruit trees from Canada, specializing in Canadian haskap (honeyberry) and dwarf sour cherry. Please don't hestitate to contact us by phone (218-694-3071) or email (info@honeyberryusa.com) for further information.

Comments:

Positive RobScot
Evanston, IL
May 21, 2014
I ordered quite a number of plants from these folks...4 service berry bushes, 3 of the Romance series Cherry bushes, 4 Seaberry bushes, and one Goji/Wolf berry bush just for fun. Everything came in great shape and quickly leafed out (and even grew an inch or so) except for a lone sea berry. I contacted the company for a replacement which they promptly sent along with a bonus plant for my trouble.

I have HONESTLY never had customer service like this before. There communication was great and they clearly appreciate their customers. I can not state how highly I rate this company.
Positive SueMc
Bethany, IL
June 22, 2013
Fabulous company! I ordered haskaps, currants and cherries. The plants were all very nice and are doing well except one cherry that I don't think is dead, just hasn't leafed out. It's being replaced.
The owners are outstanding business people and excel in customer service. They are everything all companies should be and rarely are anymore.
I definitely recommend and will buy from them again!
Positive klee
Caledonia, WI
June 17, 2013
I can't believe there aren't more positive comments about this company!
I bought Black Currant plants from them and they rival or excell against any other nursery I've purchased from. Plant quality and health are top notch and the packaging for shipment will amaze you.
Company representative comment on June 17, 2013:
On Jun 17, 2013 8:56 PM, Honeyberry USA responded with:

Thank you for your kind comments. When the occasional plant fails to thrive, or we slip up on an order, we are grateful to our gracious customers who allow us to rectify the situation to the best of our ability.

Positive T_Kezar
Cape Porpoise, ME
July 13, 2012
Posted on June 24, 2012, updated July 13, 2012
Posted on June 24, 2012, updated June 24, 2012
I purchased 6 haskap and 2 dwarf sour cherry ( one crimson and one carmine) everything arrived looking awesome. i planted the haskaps right away in a raised bed, and they are now putting out a good amount of new-growth. i left the sour cherries on my sun-porch for about 1 1/2 weeks before i transplanted them into much larger containers. here is ware i had my one problem, ware as the carmine was not only well sized, but also had a very well developed root (much more important then size) the crimson"the one i was really looking forward to eating" was much smaller. not a problem in itself as i said , but the crimson also had 0% visible root system. this worried me some but the plant was budding so i gingerly transplanted it and wished for the best. the carmine is doing great and has tripled in size , but the crimson has now lost what little green it had managed to put out. even with daily care i believe this plant was doomed from the start. i hope to get it replaced but it looks like they are sold out for 2012. really bummed out about it
On June 24th, 2012, T_Kezar added the following:

P.S. if you live in the United States of America and want to acquire haskap plants THIS IS THE COMPANY TO BUY FROM
On July 13th, 2012, T_Kezar added the following:

That is more then Fair. thanks again for great plants
Company representative comment on June 24, 2012:
On Jun 24, 2012 7:47 PM, Honeyberry USA responded with:

Very sorry about the Crimson Passion. They were in extremely short supply this year, and of various sizes, but numbers should be up for next year. We will certainly replace it in the spring of 2013 with the largest plant that we have to send you. As mentioned on our website, it does not seem to be quite as vigorous a bush as the Carmine Jewel dwarf sour cherry, but even when we have to replace a few, we think it's worth the effort.

Positive fruitvegandnuts
May 24, 2012
I actually found this company when I was searching for a place to buy saskatoons/juneberries/serviceberries/shadbush. While they did not have what I was looking for, Bernis kept looking for me and put up with my endless flow of emails with questions. In the end, I found another source for the saskatoons, but I was convinced to give the honeyberries (haskaps) a try. I ordered 8 Borealis and 2 Honeybee for pollination following Bernis's suggestions. She helped plan the arrangement and spacing of the plants in the hedgerow I had planned. She also gave suggestions on how to protect the young plants from being eaten by animals before they the plants become established. She worked with me to pick a shipping time that would fit my schedule. The plants arrived exactly when I was told they would. They all appeared in excellent condition and were even larger than expected. They are all planted now and I am anxiously waiting to see how they will take to their new location. Working with Bernis and the The Honeyberry Farm (Honeberry USA) was an absolute pleasure.
Positive SPORTSMAN1
Mapleton, ND
June 21, 2011
Ordered 3 Honeyberries from them.1 each of
Tundra
Borealis
Berry Blue

All emails were answered promptly.Picked up the plants over the weekend.2 were growing nicely and 1 was still dormant.Nice friendly people.