The scoop on 'Plant-o-gram Inc.'

Plant-o-gram Inc.

Windermere, Florida 34786-1173 (United States)

Phone: 1-877-378-4836
Fax: 1-877-329-8384

Comments:

Positive Lorli2
Cooperstown, NY
November 9, 2014
I do a lot of Internet and mail order shopping, but my recent order from Plant-o-Gram surprised me. I could not be happier with the plants, which are huge and glowing with health! There are many great plants on the website, including some varieties that are seldom seen in the U.S., there is lots of useful information, and overall it is fun to read. Micky is so helpful and patient with questions on the telephone and he gives such good advice. The plants arrived 2 days before I thought they would and were beautifully packed, not a leaf was out of place, despite the cold weather here. I am delighted and will order again, only wish I had found Plant-o-Gram years ago!
Positive vanman23
Jenks, OK (Zone 6b)
June 15, 2014
Purchased mango, lychee and longans from plant-o-gram. The plants were all healthy when I received them. I've had them for about 6 months. All the trees are doing well. The mango has some fruit spikes with some very small fruit for now. I highly recommend.
Positive jebbroyles
Baton Rouge, LA
May 3, 2014
Initial order of two trees appeared to be mishandled by FedEx - box broke open and trees disappeared en route. I took pictures and contacted Plant-o-gram. They sent replacement plants including a free bonus plant before FedEx had even resolved the claim. Plants are in excellent shape, with no sign of shipping stress.
Positive lubutitu
Warm Mineral Springs, FL
March 27, 2014
In January I ordered from this company for the first time. I was so thrilled with my purchase from start to finish. Right after I ordered my tree we had a cold snap that prevented shipment. Right away I received a phone call notification, and was offered the option to wait or cancel my order. The company remained in contact with me all the way up to delivery. The tree is beautiful! I have ordered plants online from other companies in the past and almost always been disappointed as the plants arrive bare rooted and near death. Since there was nowhere close to get the type of tree I wanted, I didn't really have a choice but to order online. I am so glad I ordered from Plant-o-gram! I will definitely order from them again. It was a great experience and I got a beautiful tree. I even got an awesome -and FREE- bonus plant with my order!
Positive morningloree
Heathrow, FL
October 30, 2013
Unbelievably fast, I quickly received a nice Lychee Tree, a passion flower vine and a large bonus Surinam Cherry. Healthy and happy plants, very impressed!
Positive MiserDD
June 8, 2013
Plan O Gram

Okay, with a name like Plant-O-Gram you have to be suspicious… None the less, after searching long and hard for a Mango tree I chose them. As luck would have it, about 30 minutes after placing my order for two Mallika Mangos, my wife instructed me to get two different types for more variety. So I opted for one Mallika and one Neelum. When I called back to change my order they had already packed them for shipping that day (only been about 35 minutes by now… they’re quick!) None the less, the person who answered the phone was familiar with the Neelum Mango without needing a reference number (they have a butt load of trees, I’d sure as heck of needed a reference number), and took my info and said he’d call me back if an exchange could be made. About 5 minutes later he called me back and said they could still change it since it hadn’t been picked up yet, but the delay might cause it not to go out until the next day. (Let’s see, a one day delay, caused by me, to avoid having my wife lecture me for the next year… a bargain!) None the less, they still repacked it with the new tree and got it out the same day (as noted above… they are quick!) The trees arrived 48 hours later.

Upon opening my shipping box I found my trees to have arrived large, green, and healthy. They were extremely well packed and Plant O Gram even threw in a small cherry tree (Surinam) as a bonus.

As to price… well, I live in NC so you sure aren’t going to find a Mango tree at Lowe’s. The closest designer Lowe’s had was a nice Monrovia seedless Lime tree for the same price, at slightly less than half the size. So even if I could find what I wanted at Lowe’s (Which is a fine store that supports the military I might add ), it appears it would be smaller and the same price, this definitely justifies the shipping cost from Plant O Gram!
Positive Express128
Mansfield, TX
May 17, 2013
Posted on May 17, 2013, updated May 17, 2013
Is this company going out of business or something? I am trying to get a hold of them via phone for the past 5 hours and no one is picking up, no answer from sales, order status, billing, or general customer service (it's a business day during regular business hours). I wanted to ask a question and add another plant to my order but if this is how they operate (not answering phone calls in every department) then i'm going else where. Site says call toll free 24/7. Really wish I hadn't placed 2 orders. Will be canceling orders and contacting paypal to freeze these transactions... BUY BEWARE!!
On May 17th, 2013, Express128 changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

Alright, I withdraw my original comment. The manager called me back later in the day and said there were some problems with the phone system. I guess after having some bad experiences with other nurseries It was like deja vu. All in all I was a little too quick putting my guard up. When on the phone the manager was very helpful and willing to answer any questions.
As for the order, I will follow through with it, if things are well I plan to order more.
Again, please disregard my original comment.
Positive rosebeau
North Fort Myers, FL (Zone 10a)
November 12, 2012
Posted on February 21, 2012, updated November 12, 2012
I was very happy with the tree I ordered. And I received a free Surinam cherry tree! Great product, fast shipping. I hope to order more trees soon.
On November 12th, 2012, rosebeau added the following:

I have ordered several more trees from plantogram this year - one at a time as I can afford them. Every single one is large and healthy. I spend an inordinate amount if time on the website too, planning my next purchase. If you are looking for a great fruit tree and excellent customer service- look no further. These guys are the best!
Positive Aslan89
Harlingen, TX
June 21, 2012
Nice tall healthy plants arrived in good condition. I ordered a strawberry tree (Muntingia Calabura, also called jamaica cherry) and I too received a free Surinam Cherry tree. Both plants were 5 feet tall and the strawberry tree had 10+ fruit on it right out of the box.

The shipping was cheaper than Pine Island Nursery (I love them too, just pointing this out) however, the plants are more expensive but you receive much larger plants so I'd say it evens out. I ordered from plantogram specifically to get larger plants which I prefer so overall I say go for it!
Positive gandyman33
Saint Louis, MO
May 21, 2012
If you are looking to purchase a mango fruit tree look no further. I have purchased from other sellers and the experience with Mickey at Plant-O-Gram has by in large been the best. Excellent communication, shipping and large healthy trees. I can hardly believe the amount of new growth the tree has achieved since I planted in a new pot. I even received a bonus tree when I placed my online order! Two thumbs up!!!
Positive jeffhagen
Fort Lauderdale, FL
February 14, 2012
PlantOGram is Boss! I ordered my tree on Monday afternoon, and it came at 9:30am the next day. The tree I received is over 5 feet tall and super healthy. This is one of the best mail order purchases I've ever made. I even got a free surinam cherry. Don't even bother with the other guys. PlantOGram is king.

Jeff
Positive RichardRT
San Diego, CA
December 13, 2011
Mickey is just great! I have now ordered from multiple times and have always been extremely pleased with the plants I received. He is very knowledgeable and helpful, even sending photos of the trees I was interested in so that I could pick the one I wanted. He even went so far as to source a particular mango that I wanted but he did not stock. Every shipment arrived in perfect condition (and the plants were sent across the country). I cannot recommend them highly enough.
Positive jrozier
Charleston, SC
July 7, 2011
I ordered a relatively hard-to-find avocado tree. It arrived in 3 days and was over 5 ft. tall! They also included a generously sized bonus plant.

I was very happy with the purchase. Mickey quickly returned my phone call for questions and the package was expertly packed. In fact....the packaging was the best I have seen by any mail-order vendor - they should teach their techniques to other nurseries.

The huge size of the plant, speed of delivery and perfect packaging certainly justified the shipping charges.
Positive juku
York Point, NS (Zone 5a)
June 6, 2011
The first time I spotted the company's website, I was thrilled with the varieties it offers while somewhat misgivings about the seemingly high price.

I checked the company out and all the internet's comments were positive. A few emails, phone calls, and a few months later, i took the plunge, bought four plants, and were pleasantly surprised: They were big 3-gallon 4-5 feet tall, healthy plants. On top of that, I were also given 3 complimentary 1-gallon quality plants, which I'd have bought them myself. Wow! What a bargain! I was really pleased with my newly acquired treasures and very appreciative of the effort Mickey (the owner) has gone through for his customers.

Mickey is also one of nicest fellows I have met. I spoke at length with him and was very comfortable with his knowledge and his honesty about his plants. He took the pictures of the very plants I'd be getting before I made any commitment to buy them. He was also willing to ship to me a rare plant which I bought from another nursery who doesn't ship. Who else would do all that for a customer?

In all, I'm enjoying my plants and the great bargain from this company. I'll be buying more, for sure.

Highly recommended!