The scoop on 'Plant-o-gram Inc.'

Plant-o-gram Inc.

Windermere, Florida 34786-1173 (United States)

Phone: 1-877-378-4836
Fax: 1-877-329-8384

Comments:

Negative iykim
Hillsborough, CA (Zone 10a)
April 22, 2015
Posted on April 21, 2015, updated April 22, 2015
I had ordered a couple of mango trees (Neelum and Pickering) from Plant-o-Gram after reading glowing reviews about the company. This was March 29, 2015. I paid $50 per tree and a whopping $109 for shipping, $209 in total! I thought that was very steep considering it took five days to get to California (they shipped the trees on March 30 and I received the package on April 4) . Upon receipt, the trees were larger than expected and looked very healthy, with flower spikes all over. I even received a bonus Surinam cherry tree. I was pleased at this time. After unpacking the plants right away, I let the trees sit in the shade for several days so that the leaves do not get scorched after being in the dark for a week. Then, I slowly introduced them to more and more sunlight. A few days into getting the trees acclimated to my environment, I noticed that Neelum mango tree\'s leaves were turning brown. I thought may be it was due to the stress from transportation. More and more leaves started to go brown. At this point, which is about 10 days after the receipt of the trees, I repotted them into larger pots with lots of quality well-draining potting soil mixed with extra perlite for even better drainage. Pickering continued to do well (no brown leaves). However, Neelum continued with the decline. I called Plant-o-gram on April 17 to tell them about this problem, and the customer service representative snapped at me, rather rudely, that I was suppose to call them within 24 hours of any problem. I told her that there was no problem in the first 72 hours, and described the issue as I stated above. She asked me to send a few photos showing the problem. So I sent Plant-o-gram 3 photos that clearly showed how the leaves were turning brown, curling upwards, and now the leave are falling off the tree. There are more fallen leaves than healthy leaves on the tree at this time, 17 days after receiving the trees. I heard NOTHING from them. I followed up with another email a few days later to urge them to reply back, but I still have not received any reply. I called them up today, and this time, no one is answering the phone. If they do not do something about the dying Neelum mango tree, I will stop payment on this tree plus half the shipping, and never do any business with them in the future. Very unhappy with the product and service. This is the only second mail-order outfit that I am leaving a negative feedback (Direct Gardening being the other one).
On April 22nd, 2015, iykim added the following:

After Plant-O-Gram saw my negative review, they finally decided to reply back to me, now pointing the finger at me, that the plant has gone into shock after I repotted it. I told them NUMEROUS times that I repotted it AFTER the tree's leaves started to brown, thinking that perhaps if I move it into a bigger pot, it may help. I mean, how ridiculous is it to blame the customer for something that I did not even do? Here is Plant-o-Gram Vicky's email in full:

-------------------- Start Plant-O-Gram Email Text --------------------------

Thank you for your patience after review of you tree pictures, it is clear that the tree has gone into shock due to a chemical burn after being repotted. A possible cause could be because Mango trees are extremely sensitive to fertilizers, not sure if its from a fertilizer directly applied to the tree or a fertilizer that was premixed in the potting soil. When the tree was shipped out it was over 5 feet tall and had lots of flowers and green leaves indicative of a strong healthy fruitful tree, all of the other Neelum trees that we still have in stock from the same batch that was sent to you are all still green, healthy and some of them even have little fruit on them. As clearly stated on our site [HYPERLINK@plantogram.com]
We do not insure trees. Trees are alive and need to be cared for, anything can happen to them after they leave our care including the lawn guys overspraying weed killer near the trees, gardeners nicking the bark of the tree with the weed whacker, the type of soil being used to repot the trees, Gardner error, etc. all of which are beyond our control, so as we clearly state we do not insure against. As you stated on your garden web negative review, the first and only negative review we have received on garden web the trees were large, healthy and flowering when you received them and all the trees that we still have from that same batch are all still strong and healthy. Thus the only logical conclusion was that something happened in the time frame after you received and repotted the healthy tree, as we were not physically present for the time after you received the trees, we cannot pin point exactly what happened to the healthy tree that you received. If the trees were diseased it would have been evident as soon as you received them and would also be present with the trees we still have in stock, which is not the case. Also if the tree was diseased it would have also affected the other Pickering mango tree and Surinam cherry tree that was shipped with. For a tree to loose its leaves in such a short time frame it is usually indicative of a drastic change in the plants environment, such as fertilIzers or chemicals being applied. We have rave reviews from happy, satisfied clients from around the globe and spend a considerable amount of time to keep customers happy, including sending the largest plants possible to including bonus trees with orders. As per our guarantee listed on our site and in the box that has to be agreed to during checkout, we will and as per your own statement did ship you out a healthy tree, which is all that we agree to do. Expecting us to come and take care of the tree after you receive it is both unrealistic and impossible. We apologize for your experience but have by your own admission fulfilled our obligation by shipping you a large, healthy and even flowering plant, thanks Vicky, PlantOGram.com
Positive Akanonui
Plymouth, MI
March 17, 2015
My experience at Plant-o-gram nursery was very pleasant. I have been impressed from the time I discovered this establishment to the time I un-boxed a perfect, 6'5" grumichama complete with a small, free surinam cherry. The grumichama was unfortunately set upside down so a few taller branches were broken, but other then that, every single thing was beautiful. I will recommend this business to anyone who has any interest in any tropical fruit whatsoever. 5 out of 5 stars, if you are thinking about getting a tree from Plant-o-gram, then do it.

I will be ordering a christmas loquat, kari starfruit, kampong mauve sugar apple, and a coconut cream mango soon, i'll post back with that order afterwards.
Positive Lorli2
Cooperstown, NY
November 9, 2014
I do a lot of Internet and mail order shopping, but my recent order from Plant-o-Gram surprised me. I could not be happier with the plants, which are huge and glowing with health! There are many great plants on the website, including some varieties that are seldom seen in the U.S., there is lots of useful information, and overall it is fun to read. Micky is so helpful and patient with questions on the telephone and he gives such good advice. The plants arrived 2 days before I thought they would and were beautifully packed, not a leaf was out of place, despite the cold weather here. I am delighted and will order again, only wish I had found Plant-o-Gram years ago!
Positive vanman23
Jenks, OK (Zone 6b)
June 15, 2014
Purchased mango, lychee and longans from plant-o-gram. The plants were all healthy when I received them. I've had them for about 6 months. All the trees are doing well. The mango has some fruit spikes with some very small fruit for now. I highly recommend.
Positive jebbroyles
Baton Rouge, LA
May 3, 2014
Initial order of two trees appeared to be mishandled by FedEx - box broke open and trees disappeared en route. I took pictures and contacted Plant-o-gram. They sent replacement plants including a free bonus plant before FedEx had even resolved the claim. Plants are in excellent shape, with no sign of shipping stress.
Positive lubutitu
Warm Mineral Springs, FL
March 27, 2014
In January I ordered from this company for the first time. I was so thrilled with my purchase from start to finish. Right after I ordered my tree we had a cold snap that prevented shipment. Right away I received a phone call notification, and was offered the option to wait or cancel my order. The company remained in contact with me all the way up to delivery. The tree is beautiful! I have ordered plants online from other companies in the past and almost always been disappointed as the plants arrive bare rooted and near death. Since there was nowhere close to get the type of tree I wanted, I didn't really have a choice but to order online. I am so glad I ordered from Plant-o-gram! I will definitely order from them again. It was a great experience and I got a beautiful tree. I even got an awesome -and FREE- bonus plant with my order!
Positive morningloree
Heathrow, FL
October 30, 2013
Unbelievably fast, I quickly received a nice Lychee Tree, a passion flower vine and a large bonus Surinam Cherry. Healthy and happy plants, very impressed!
Positive MiserDD
June 8, 2013
Plan O Gram

Okay, with a name like Plant-O-Gram you have to be suspicious… None the less, after searching long and hard for a Mango tree I chose them. As luck would have it, about 30 minutes after placing my order for two Mallika Mangos, my wife instructed me to get two different types for more variety. So I opted for one Mallika and one Neelum. When I called back to change my order they had already packed them for shipping that day (only been about 35 minutes by now… they’re quick!) None the less, the person who answered the phone was familiar with the Neelum Mango without needing a reference number (they have a butt load of trees, I’d sure as heck of needed a reference number), and took my info and said he’d call me back if an exchange could be made. About 5 minutes later he called me back and said they could still change it since it hadn’t been picked up yet, but the delay might cause it not to go out until the next day. (Let’s see, a one day delay, caused by me, to avoid having my wife lecture me for the next year… a bargain!) None the less, they still repacked it with the new tree and got it out the same day (as noted above… they are quick!) The trees arrived 48 hours later.

Upon opening my shipping box I found my trees to have arrived large, green, and healthy. They were extremely well packed and Plant O Gram even threw in a small cherry tree (Surinam) as a bonus.

As to price… well, I live in NC so you sure aren’t going to find a Mango tree at Lowe’s. The closest designer Lowe’s had was a nice Monrovia seedless Lime tree for the same price, at slightly less than half the size. So even if I could find what I wanted at Lowe’s (Which is a fine store that supports the military I might add ), it appears it would be smaller and the same price, this definitely justifies the shipping cost from Plant O Gram!
Positive Express128
Mansfield, TX
May 17, 2013
Posted on May 17, 2013, updated May 17, 2013
Is this company going out of business or something? I am trying to get a hold of them via phone for the past 5 hours and no one is picking up, no answer from sales, order status, billing, or general customer service (it's a business day during regular business hours). I wanted to ask a question and add another plant to my order but if this is how they operate (not answering phone calls in every department) then i'm going else where. Site says call toll free 24/7. Really wish I hadn't placed 2 orders. Will be canceling orders and contacting paypal to freeze these transactions... BUY BEWARE!!
On May 17th, 2013, Express128 changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

Alright, I withdraw my original comment. The manager called me back later in the day and said there were some problems with the phone system. I guess after having some bad experiences with other nurseries It was like deja vu. All in all I was a little too quick putting my guard up. When on the phone the manager was very helpful and willing to answer any questions.
As for the order, I will follow through with it, if things are well I plan to order more.
Again, please disregard my original comment.
Positive rosebeau
North Fort Myers, FL (Zone 10a)
November 12, 2012
Posted on February 21, 2012, updated November 12, 2012
I was very happy with the tree I ordered. And I received a free Surinam cherry tree! Great product, fast shipping. I hope to order more trees soon.
On November 12th, 2012, rosebeau added the following:

I have ordered several more trees from plantogram this year - one at a time as I can afford them. Every single one is large and healthy. I spend an inordinate amount if time on the website too, planning my next purchase. If you are looking for a great fruit tree and excellent customer service- look no further. These guys are the best!
Positive Aslan89
Harlingen, TX
June 21, 2012
Nice tall healthy plants arrived in good condition. I ordered a strawberry tree (Muntingia Calabura, also called jamaica cherry) and I too received a free Surinam Cherry tree. Both plants were 5 feet tall and the strawberry tree had 10+ fruit on it right out of the box.

The shipping was cheaper than Pine Island Nursery (I love them too, just pointing this out) however, the plants are more expensive but you receive much larger plants so I'd say it evens out. I ordered from plantogram specifically to get larger plants which I prefer so overall I say go for it!
Positive gandyman33
Saint Louis, MO
May 21, 2012
If you are looking to purchase a mango fruit tree look no further. I have purchased from other sellers and the experience with Mickey at Plant-O-Gram has by in large been the best. Excellent communication, shipping and large healthy trees. I can hardly believe the amount of new growth the tree has achieved since I planted in a new pot. I even received a bonus tree when I placed my online order! Two thumbs up!!!
Positive jeffhagen
Fort Lauderdale, FL
February 14, 2012
PlantOGram is Boss! I ordered my tree on Monday afternoon, and it came at 9:30am the next day. The tree I received is over 5 feet tall and super healthy. This is one of the best mail order purchases I've ever made. I even got a free surinam cherry. Don't even bother with the other guys. PlantOGram is king.

Jeff
Positive RichardRT
San Diego, CA
December 13, 2011
Mickey is just great! I have now ordered from multiple times and have always been extremely pleased with the plants I received. He is very knowledgeable and helpful, even sending photos of the trees I was interested in so that I could pick the one I wanted. He even went so far as to source a particular mango that I wanted but he did not stock. Every shipment arrived in perfect condition (and the plants were sent across the country). I cannot recommend them highly enough.
Positive jrozier
Charleston, SC
July 7, 2011
I ordered a relatively hard-to-find avocado tree. It arrived in 3 days and was over 5 ft. tall! They also included a generously sized bonus plant.

I was very happy with the purchase. Mickey quickly returned my phone call for questions and the package was expertly packed. In fact....the packaging was the best I have seen by any mail-order vendor - they should teach their techniques to other nurseries.

The huge size of the plant, speed of delivery and perfect packaging certainly justified the shipping charges.
Positive juku
York Point, NS (Zone 5a)
June 6, 2011
The first time I spotted the company's website, I was thrilled with the varieties it offers while somewhat misgivings about the seemingly high price.

I checked the company out and all the internet's comments were positive. A few emails, phone calls, and a few months later, i took the plunge, bought four plants, and were pleasantly surprised: They were big 3-gallon 4-5 feet tall, healthy plants. On top of that, I were also given 3 complimentary 1-gallon quality plants, which I'd have bought them myself. Wow! What a bargain! I was really pleased with my newly acquired treasures and very appreciative of the effort Mickey (the owner) has gone through for his customers.

Mickey is also one of nicest fellows I have met. I spoke at length with him and was very comfortable with his knowledge and his honesty about his plants. He took the pictures of the very plants I'd be getting before I made any commitment to buy them. He was also willing to ship to me a rare plant which I bought from another nursery who doesn't ship. Who else would do all that for a customer?

In all, I'm enjoying my plants and the great bargain from this company. I'll be buying more, for sure.

Highly recommended!