The scoop on 'Florida Hill Nursery'

Florida Hill Nursery

Debary , Florida 32713 (United States)

Phone: 386 873 8064
Fax: n/a

» Like them on Facebook
This company offers a variety of bulbs and gardening supplies and plants.

Company Comment, posted on June 24, 2011:
Hello everyone, Angela and I here at Florida Hill Nursery want to thank you all for your patronage and look forward to many more years in the nursery industry. You can also follow us on Facebook and watch us grow.

Sincerely, Shawn and Angela
Floridahillnursery.com
admin@floridahillnursery.com

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive kikikritter
West Monroe, LA
June 6, 2017
I ordered 6 plants (the cheapest was 8.99) and only read the negative reviews afterwards so I was really worried.
I was pleased when I received them within 5 business days. All of the plants were well packed and arrived with moist, healthy root balls and no leaf damage.
I planted them immediately and they are already putting out new leaves.
The shipping charge was more than reasonable, much better than most places I order from.
I would highly recommend Florida Hill Nursery.
Positive plchan
Westminster, CO
June 5, 2017
Ordered 4 Musa Basjoo on Memorial Day, delivered today 6/5.
The plants look very fresh and healthy and no worse for the trip.

The only thing that I think FHN could do better is order tracking/status. We're all used to the instant gratification of constant order and shipping updates from Amazon and such. But it looks like FHN is doing it a little bit 'old school', and that's OK.

They had what I couldn't find anywhere else and at a good price, delivered in less than a week, and healthy.

I'd attach a photo if I could to show the packaging but the plants were packed well with no stress apparent.
I'll post the pic on their FB page.

The only reason I signed up for davesgarden was to post a positive to counter some of the negatives. I am not questioning the negatives, just offering up that my experience was a good one.
Negative MelanieAdams
Shirley, AR
June 1, 2017
On May 14, 2017 I ordered 12 Musa Bajoo Banana Trees for $118.87. On May 22nd I received a box from FHN. It contained 5 silver bags of fertilizer. I assumed they sent this to use when I receive and plant my trees. They never came. On May 24, 2017 I emailed them and told them what I received and asked when I would get my trees. I also called and left a VM message. No response. On May 26, 2017 I called and left multiple VM messages and sent two more email messages. By that afternoon I received an email from them with a tracking number, YAY, but not so quick, the tracking number was for the 5 silver fertilizer packages I received on May 22nd!!! I waited until after the Memorial Day Weekend and called Tuesday May 30th and left 2 more VM and sent 2 more email messages. May 31,2017, I called and left 2 VM's and sent another message begging for a response. I have called them today and emailed them today and stated If I do not get a response by 4pm today, I will be calling my credit card company and cancelling my payment of $118.87.
Negative davesgardenhwid
Lakewood, CA
April 13, 2017
I ordered two banana plants on the 5th. My order shows processing to this day. It also shows that the transaction was completed. The plants have not arrived yet. I have tried to contact the company with emails etc and have had no response from them. It would be nice to have a tracking # to be able to follow the product and at least know that it was on the way. At this point I feel like they have my money and have disappeared with it. No response from them.....Should have been here last week. 2-5 business days are long gone......
Negative kmrowan
Jacksonville, FL (Zone 9a)
April 12, 2017
Placed an order and needed clarification regarding shipping. Made numerous phone calls, and no answer; the recorded message directed callers to email. Sent multiple emails to multiple email addresses listed for the company, with no response back from them after two weeks. As a mail-order company, there should be at least some communication. Based on this experience and such poor customer service, I cannot recommend this company.
Positive antiquer
Telford, TN
April 3, 2017
I ordered 5 banana plants of three different varieties. Then I thought to read reviews and had concerns. No concern needed! Very fast shipping, packed very well and so much larger than I expected! Wonderful price and very healthy. All instructions for planting are on your website and very easy to watch and understand . I thank you for your superb transaction and will highly recommend you. I will shop with you many more times I assure you. Very pleased indeed!
Positive rddjgarden
Bristol, FL
March 13, 2017
I ordered 2 Alocasias on a Tuesday, and received the correct order in good condition 3 days later, even though the box was mashed down in shipment. I would order from this company again.
Negative Millerman1199
Berlin, NJ
March 2, 2017
Posted on March 1, 2017, updated March 2, 2017
Hi! I recently purchased some plants on their website and need to either cancel my order or update my zip code, as the zip code i put in is incorrect. Please contact me I\'ve emailed a few times and have not heard back! Thank you!

On March 2nd, 2017, Millerman1199 changed the rating from positive to negative and added the following:

I've yet to receive any response back after emailing them via their website as well as messaging them via their eBay store. I wrote in the incorrect zip code for shipping and I need it fixed or I won't be receiving my $59 order which was placed on 2/23. Please contact me to update my shipping zip code so I will receive my order. If your reading this PLEASE contact me so we can fix this. I'll change my review from negative to positive. Thank you
Positive shootingrainbow
GARBERVILLE, CA
February 28, 2017
I ordered a cutting. It arrived about a week later than they advertised, I got my plant in eight days, but it was shipped with two-day-shipping. The cutting was healthy, but came with no pot. It came in a box with the plant substrate in a plastic bag, the label of the plant's common name only on a piece of masking tape written in marker. No purchase order form, no other information, just the plant taped to the box with packing tape. The cutting was healthy, and that is all I care about. I did attempt to contact them by phone to ask about additional information as to what I should repot the plant in, and other additional care, and I have not received any response---it's been a few weeks now. All I can say is that the plant was healthy overall, which is most important, but the company appears less than professional. They seem like they are just some individuals doing this out of their own back yard, not like an extensive nursery. But, the plant was a low price, and that is what I was going for. You get what you pay for! I would recommend buying from them again definately, as I am all for supporting small mom&pop businesses---I think it's cool. If you're a beginner gardener, you will need to do your own research on the plants you order, because these people are not going to help you out with any additional information or advice. If you just want a inexpensive plant that's healthy and can figure the rest out on your own, this is a decent buy. They had a rare plant for a good price! Most definately worth the money, and I'm going to buy a few more from them, and I also recommended them to a friend.
Negative brandonb21
Bentonville, VA
February 22, 2017
Posted on February 15, 2017, updated February 22, 2017
Posted on February 14, 2017, updated February 15, 2017
Posted on February 13, 2017, updated February 14, 2017
Posted on February 12, 2017, updated February 13, 2017
Posted on January 27, 2017, updated February 12, 2017
Order is still processing, No email notifications after i ordered product so i made an account with them to check status and is still processing after 10 days. I have tried contacting them but they wont respond. I should have researched this company before ordering from them.
On February 12th, 2017, brandonb21 added the following:

Still haven\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t received the philodendron hope I ordered and its still processing and still no response to my multiple emails.
On February 13th, 2017, brandonb21 added the following:

Reached out to USPS the package was left outside on a shelf attached to the garage if I had tracking information in the first place I probably could have found it before now weeks later. I got an email from the company today and now I\\\\\\\'m waiting for a response again.
On February 14th, 2017, brandonb21 added the following:

Still being ignored by the company. I can\\\'t blame them fully for the dead plant but this stupid company mixed with the stupid post office is a deadly mix. I have not received any apologies for being dissatisfied and I keep asking about why there isnt tracking information avaible right after I order. They can tell by my emails that I didn\\\'t have the package and all they can say is that it was delivered January 23 . I truly hate this company
On February 15th, 2017, brandonb21 added the following:

Still waiting for a response. I guess I won\'t be getting a refund or sent a new plant. I\'ve never been treated like this from an online company before.
On February 22nd, 2017, brandonb21 added the following:

Gave up on trying to reach company. Ordered plant from other seller through Amazon and they actually sent tracking :) save yalls money Florida hill nursery were placed on earth by Satan to bring destruction. If you buy from this company you are supporting ISIS
On Feb 13, 2017 8:18 AM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

That was delivered back in January, here's the confirmation.

[HYPERLINK@tools.usps.com]

Neutral HorseFeathers70
Tavares, FL
February 9, 2017
Ordered a plant from them via Ebay store. Plant arrived in decent time. Reasons for neutral rating are:

1. Lack of communication.
2. Un professionalism when dealing with dissatisfied customers, ie: calling them losers in feedback.
3. Not leaving buyers positive feedback when they pay you promptly, seemingly playing the wait and see if they leave you negative feedback first then lash out at them game.
On Feb 13, 2017 8:27 AM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Our feedback rating is 1 neg per thousand and have completed 40 thousand transactions with approx. 100 negative ratings. most folks that leave negative feedback use it as means of lashing out at good sellers. The transaction was a loser not the buyer.

Negative AlephShin
Hampton bays ,
United States
October 17, 2016
In few cases I like to leave bad feedbacks but when I deal with poor customer service and feelings like I've waste my money I will give people a shout out alert based on my own experience.
2 weeks ago I ordered some ficus and blueberry plants (all listed on stock) I provided a shipping address in new York in spite of being paid with an international credit card -but hey! It doesn't matter right?
It took a while for the payment to be cleared but when the order was finally placed I never received an invoice or at least a confirmation mail. Almost two weeks have passed, I have dropped them at least three emails since the very first moment after payment at admin@florodahillnuersery.com and floridahillnurseri@yahoo.com but still I don't hear back from them. The plant have not been delivered either.
So sad the way they deal with their clients.
On Feb 13, 2017 8:20 AM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

your international credit card slowed the process down. Not by us by the processing company.

Positive mwieder
Beachwood, OH
August 14, 2016
Received the plants that I ordered at the time I ordered them. All 3 were healthy and appropriate size for the price.
On Feb 13, 2017 8:38 AM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Thank you, unfortunately this platform is often abused by buyers I would take 99 percent of the negative feedback with a grain of salt the size of a football...

Negative nemesys
Merritt Island, FL
August 2, 2016
Posted on August 2, 2016, updated August 2, 2016
The passion flower plants I ordered, admittedly at a discount, were already infected with the \"woodiness virus\" when I received them and have not grown at all, except to turn in to woody sticks. I do not trust this company\'s website for quality plants.The passion flower plants I ordered, admittedly at a discount, were already infected with the \"woodiness virus\" when I received them and have not grown at all, except to turn in to woody sticks. I do not trust this company\'s website for quality plants.
On August 2nd, 2016, nemesys added the following:

The passion flower plants I ordered, admittedly at a discount, were already infected with the "woodiness virus" when I received them and have not grown at all, except to turn in to woody sticks. I do not trust this company's website for quality plants.
Negative snorky1
Tallahassee, FL
June 24, 2016
sent me the wrong breed of plant
would not respond to my attempts to contact to resolve through email
all plants died back as if they were never exposed to outside conditions
suggest you use paypal so you can have a intermediate party to deal with these people
wish i did research before i gave these people my money
Negative jmgkg0
Mickleton, NJ
May 23, 2016
I ordered two fig trees from Florida hill nursery a Black Mission and a LSU Purple, both arrived with leaf rust. I don't know why anyone would send sick trees.
Positive Tamalaine
Rogue River, OR
May 3, 2016
I ordered a couple of passionfruit vines, a red-stemmed elephant ear, and a hardy banana. The shipment came VERY quickly...all the way from Florida to Oregon in two days. The plants were in beautiful shape and packaged well. They are very healthy and larger than I expected. Obviously, if you go to a nursery, you'll get larger plants in pots, but for mail-order starts, these were beautiful. I expect they will thrive as soon as I can get them in the dirt. I definitely recommend this nursery and I will be ordering again. They have all kinds of exotic plants that will do very well in my Zone 8b garden.
Negative YourNurse
Camarillo, CA
April 27, 2016
Ordered around $70 of plant material. Received 4" plants and over half of them dead. Followed the instructions and returned the dead plant material within 30 days included the original invoice and labeled all plants returned. Its been over two months and no refund. Have emailed florida Hill Nursery four times and the latest is they want the postal receipt. No phone number listed. My experience with Florida Hill Nursery is no customer service, plants sent are expensive and dead-not recourse or refund. Might as well give your money away you will not see it again or a viable plant.
Positive slid707
MCKINNEY,
United States
February 26, 2016
I ordered banana trees, passion flower vines, and dragon fruit. They came extremely well packed and all look Very healthy. Only took 3 days to ship. I'm excited to order from them again!
Negative jimmoa
Sebastian, FL
January 23, 2016
Sent them two emails over the past 10 days asking if they could tell me when one of their out-of-stock items would be available or if they could email me when I could order it.

Absolutely no response of any kind to either email.

I will definitely spend my money somewhere else!
On Feb 13, 2017 8:31 AM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

This is a prime example of feedback abuse, you haven\'t bought anything you are just complaining about response to out of stock items. buzz off...

On Feb 13, 2017 8:39 AM, Florida Hill Nursery added:

This is abuse of the feedback system. buzz off

Negative nonogood
San Francisco, CA
October 9, 2015
I ordered three dragonfruit trees from this company. Two came out with some kind of rot. Of the two, one is very tiny and nearly dead. The whole top part is rotted off.

I contacted the merchant asking for a replacement and it took several days but somebody responded and asked for a picture which I promptly sent. It's been a week and no response even after dropping them another email asking for an update.

I don't like leaving bad reviews for merchants but this one is bad. Unless you want to be chasing people through email and "virtual" presence" then you might want to pass on ordering from them. I think it's horrible they send rotted and near dead plants without the customer service to address issues.

Pay a little more and get it from a reputable merchant. This one isn't good. It's going to cost you time and frustration in the end. I'm done with them.
On Feb 13, 2017 8:34 AM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

We ask for pictures of the plants in lieu of returning them to us for a refund. Plants die its a fact. get off your high horse and send the picture

Positive audwoman
Churchill, PA
July 31, 2015
I ordered Siam Ruby Banana tree, Cryptanthus "Black Mystic" Earthstar Bromeliad , and Intrigue Canna. I was very happy with the size of the plants, packing and health. They were the proper size for the price.

I placed a small order because of the negative responses but next time I will order more because of the good experience and the price. Many places send the same size and/or smaller for triple the price.
Negative tigerlili
Washington, DC
July 21, 2015
I ordered three kinds of elephant ears from Florida Hill Nursery.
They arrived tiny, broken and without adequate padding.
I contacted them and was asked to wait two weeks for them to grow.
I waited and they remained of substandard quality.
I sent photos and further inquiries and have gotten zero responses.
My advice would be to avoid this company.

On Feb 13, 2017 8:35 AM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

YOU RECIEVED A REFUND.

Negative harvey21143
Brooklyn, NY
July 20, 2015
bought a banana plant. The shipping package came in broken and crushed. The plant was severely damaged. I reached out to the company many times for a replacement , but NEVER got a response. I would not buy from them again!!!!
Positive rick4965
Loganville, GA
May 18, 2015
I ordered a honey fig (Lattarula) from these folks. I was totally shocked to receive my tree in perfect order in only 4 days!
I will definitely order again.
Neutral arualcristina
Carolina, PR
April 20, 2015
While the plants were nice and big (though two of them showed signs of rust and had to be pruned back), and arrived very quickly, I can't give them a positive rating because their customer service is non-existent. I've emailed them three times in the past month, and have yet to receive any answer or acknowledgement.
Positive kate1959
Lindstrom, MN
March 14, 2015
My husband and I sent our first order, a small one, as we were a bit tentative due to some of the negative comments on this vendor. The order arrived promptly, was packaged well, and the plants are healthy. They are as large as some that other nurseries offer for 2 and 3 times the price. Shipping was incredibly reasonable. For these reasons, we are not only extremely happy with our order but we plan on placing a much larger one next year.
On Feb 13, 2017 8:38 AM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Negative el_perron2
WOODLAND HLS, CA
March 14, 2015
A couple of days ago I sent them a question through their eBay store asking that I had noticed that some of their plants that were available for purchase on their website were not available on their eBay store and vice versa, so I asked them if there was any way for me to order from both places with a single invoice so that I wouldn't have to pay double shipping on both places, I never got a response from them and now I get an error message whenever I try to purchase anything from their eBay store. According to eBay; I was "Manually" blocked from purchasing from their store, as in they manually typed my username to block me, I guess that's they're way of dealing with questions.
Neutral snapple45
Holland, OH (Zone 5b)
January 24, 2015
I just received an order of thirty-five canna Blueberry Sparkler for a botanical garden where I'm a designing horticulturist. We had this canna specd in to a major 1680 sq ft front entrance bed. Our regular supplier bailed on our order at the last minute, hence my finding an alternate source. If the quality of the plants was the only judging criteria then this review would be highly positive. I'm an experienced pro so I feel comfortable saying that the cannas were top notch. Healthy, vigorous, except one, and larger than expected. Based on plant quality I wouldn't hesitate to order again. Packing and communication bring this review to neutral. Although I tried to communicate and ask for a winter pack, usually standard in the industry when shipping to cold zones in winter, they were not and frankly I just lucked out that the plants didn't freeze in transit. Several attempts to communicate with this company about paying for overnight shipping and/or a tracking number went unheeded. The plants just arrived with no notice in uninsulated cardboard tubes, one of which was crushed. Three plants were damaged, but not fatally. The Florida Hill folks could be an industry powerhouse if they would bring their level of customer service and communication up to the quality of their plants.
Negative Bananazzz
Daytona Beach, FL
November 18, 2014
We purchased two different varieties (Apple and Ice Cream) of bananas from FL. Hill Nursery on one occasion and then a few more plants of those same varieties a year later. Within a couple of months of the second purchase, we noticed that one of the banana plants looked different (red) than the rest. We took pictures and sent an email, and we were told we had the right banana. Now, another year and a half later, the bananas are mature and producing, and it appears we have at least 3 different types of bananas. A couple of them taste like the Apple banana, but none of them taste or look like the Ice Cream, which is what we wanted the most. I once again sent an email with pictures of all our our banana plants and have never heard back. These plants took a lot of water, nutrients, time to develop and space in our yard to now find out we didn't get one of the bananas we wanted and have some growing that we didn't want, and the company doesn't even have the decency to respond. Very disappointed.
Positive riosamba
Marlboro, NJ
June 5, 2014
Posted on June 14, 2011, updated June 5, 2014
I have received a number of different cannas and they all are doing very well. The Marmalade Skies is already flowering after about a month and looks great. The plugs that they send of the tissue cultured cannas are very well packaged and very easy to plant. They start multiplying very quickly. I put two Creamsicle in a 20" pot and the pot is more than half full of thick, healthy canes. It's nice to find another vendor who ships plants which sure look virus free and grow so quickly.
I will definately continue to buy from them.
On June 5th, 2014, riosamba added the following:

I have received over 50 cannas from Florida Hill Nursery.The first group I had to put in the garage as it was so cold at night and then outside in the morning. The plants were small but 19 out of 20 survived and are growing nicely as the weather warms up. I have received about 50 cannas altogether and am very pleased. The latest plants were bigger and stronger than the very first and all are growing nicely. I intend to add more and get my canna garden back to about 600 to 700 plants. I have found a great resource for healthy , tissue cultured plants with no virus. What a wonderful place to buy these great plants.
Company representative comment on June 6, 2014:
On Jun 6, 2014 7:08 AM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Hello, thank you for the kind words.

Negative marlin47
Lykens, PA
May 23, 2014
Customer service sucks ! I placed an order 5 days ago and it still hasnt shipped ! I emailed the company 4 or 5 times, I received NO REPLYS. I found a phone number for them, I called it today and the voice mail is FULL They dont check their voice mail messages either !
Company representative comment on May 23, 2014:
On May 23, 2014 10:36 AM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Hello Todd, Your order is scheduled to arrive today. I apologize for the delayed response.

Positive swbrains
March 26, 2014
Posted on March 24, 2014, updated March 26, 2014
I ordered two Colocasia (Thai Giant). The description said they would be between 5" and 16". They arrived in good condition, but were TINY. The root ball was approximately 3 inches tall by about 1.5 inches in diameter and the plant above the root ball was no taller than 3 inches above the root ball. Maybe the stated size is including the root ball but I felt a bit deceived. Hopefully it won't matter and they'll grow quickly, but for $8.99 each, I would have expected a plant that was at least 6 - 12 inches above the root ball, especially given the stated size on their site. I can't say that I would order from them again. It's a shame I couldn't find any locally and they were my first choice to purchase from via mail order.
On March 26th, 2014, swbrains changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

I'm changing my rating to Positive. After I contacted them regarding the small Colocasia plants, they were very helpful and willing to make it right, which they did. They did explain that because it's so early in the season, the plants tend to be small but grow very quickly. This made sense and while I do think the web site should make this clear in the product description, they were very polite and sincerely wanted to resolve the issue to my satisfaction. Given this customer service experience, I would order from them again in the future.
Company representative comment on March 30, 2014:
On Mar 24, 2014 5:56 PM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Hello, please feel free to email us and we will do our best to help.

On Mar 30, 2014 9:31 AM, Florida Hill Nursery added:

Thank you so much for your kind email. I'm glad this was resolved to your satisfaction. : )

Neutral farmer_ben
Utopia, FL
March 20, 2014
I order from Florida hills nursery on occasion and have always had a fairly good experience. There plants seem to be grown in near sterile environments and sold prematurely, but the carry many different variety's that cant be found else where. I have noticed the plants need a lot of attention for a year or so, but they tend to take off one they start to grow. My advises to any person planing to order from these guys is to nurture the plants in pots through the first winter, use good composed soil in the pots, and don't fertilize or over water them the first year. My first order didn't do very well, but my second order is still growing in my garden today.
Negative davidrexx
Lutherville Timonium, MD
December 27, 2013
back on may of 2013 I purchased $233 dollars worth of material.
there were 2 packages if you call long tubular boxes with plants scotch taped to the cardboard!?
post office had stamped both boxes as broken from sender. the tube boxes were bent (decimated) and what material that was identifiable were crushed and mangled .
I called about the situation and they e-mailed me to take pictures of plants and packages.
well I did that and never heard from them again.
after numerous attempts to resolve the issue,I was left with no option but to cancel my charge.
visa said they would contact seller but never got a response.
I am a commercial landscaper and never have I seen such a nightmare as this company.
Company representative comment on December 27, 2013:
On Dec 27, 2013 6:02 PM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Hello, send us an email to floridahillnursery@yahoo.com and I will look into it personally.

Read more: http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/7888/#ixzz2oieK39d7

Negative gaberec
palermo,
Italy
October 17, 2013
Hello everyone,
I'm italian and I bought for the first time from floridahillnursery but not to italy but new york where I could receive an order last summer

In fact I made an order of three bananas from this nursery and payed with credit card immediately but I never have received any package and never a mail like response to many mail which I sent

Hence I contacted floridahillnusersy in ebay since that they didn't answer me to my mail.... and in ebay their response was

Hello, its against ebay policy to discuss sites outside of ebay.

- floridahillnurserycom

anyone can help me ... it's strange

thanks

Company representative comment on October 18, 2013:
On Oct 18, 2013 8:09 AM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Hello,

it appears your purchase was made and refunded through our website and contacting us through ebay was a direct violation of ebay policy. This is a matter of fact and in no way meant to be anything else. If you feel you would like to further discuss this please feel free to email us at

admin@floridahillnursery@yahoo.com

Positive DonnaB
Vancleave, MS (Zone 8b)
September 27, 2013
I received good sized healthy looking Alocasia and Colocasia very quickly. Reasonably price and super low shipping cost. I can't wait to see them at full maturity
Company representative comment on September 29, 2013:
On Sep 29, 2013 3:32 PM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Hello, thank you its our pleasure. : )

Positive Spring342
Lexington, SC
September 18, 2013
I ordered 4 Blueberry plants from Florida Hill and I am delighted with the results! Shipping was the same small amount--the most reasonable shipping I have found anywhere!-- for up to four plants. The plants were packed exceptionally well and showed no stress from shipping. They were small as expected from the catalog description and were very healthy. I would certainly order again from a company that shows so much care in preparing their plants for shipping.
Company representative comment on September 18, 2013:
On Sep 18, 2013 7:57 PM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Thank you, we appretiate your business. : )

Negative JamieLev
MacKinleyville, CA
July 30, 2013
I purchased online a Mother's Day gift of 1 banana tree, a male and female kiwi, and a blueberry for my Mom in Florida. Only the banana tree was alive when my Mom opened the box. She didn't even know what the plants were, or who it was from, as there was no packing slip. When I found out, I told the company, and they said I was past the 30 day guarantee. I explained that my Mom didn't bring it up to me, as she didn't know who the package was from. I even put that it was to be a gift in the special shipping comments area while ordering. I was told I would have to buy these DOA plants AGAIN. They offered free shipping, but I don't feel I should have to re-purchase plants that arrived dead. Especially since delivery was in the same state as the company! My last email dialog was as follows, after I asked if they would take a mailed check:

Florida Hill Nursery:
"Hello sorry but our payment terms are paypal and credit card only.

Sincerely,
Florida Hill Nursery"

My reply:
"Not taking a check by mail is WAY too much to ask, and the last straw with my business. I will report this at garden watchdog. I don't want others to have to deal with your horrible customer service.

My Mom's male and female kiwi's and the blueberry were DEAD ON ARRIVAL. There was no packing slip, nor did she know what the plants were because of the bad sharpie labeling on the packing tape. She didn't even know the order was from me!!!

I emailed your company as soon as I heard about the plants being DEAD ON ARRIVAL. All I got was an email back saying I was past the 30 days from purchase date - and I was offered free shipping if I BOUGHT THEM AGAIN! Now, why would I want to re-purchase plants that showed up dead at my Mom's house in Florida the first time?

Your karma will catch up with you someday. Maybe when I write my negative review at garden watchdog?"

Company representative comment on July 31, 2013:
On Jul 31, 2013 7:04 AM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Positive SEgan
Altoona, FL
July 16, 2013
No complaints here either!!! Good selection Good prices Healthy plants Excellent shipping. I have ordered 3 times so far from Florida Hills Nursery, Blueberries, 9 of them all doing very well, 6 Iris, and now 3 Veinte Cohol bananas. I will order from them again. Be sure to check out ZONE 9 TROPICALS also!!!
Company representative comment on July 16, 2013:
On Jul 16, 2013 12:05 PM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Hello, thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your business. : )

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]