The scoop on 'Florida Hill Nursery'

Florida Hill Nursery

Debary , Florida 32713 (United States)

Phone: 386 873 8064
Fax: n/a

» Like them on Facebook
This company offers a variety of bulbs and gardening supplies and plants.

Company Comment, posted on June 24, 2011:
Hello everyone, Angela and I here at Florida Hill Nursery want to thank you all for your patronage and look forward to many more years in the nursery industry. You can also follow us on Facebook and watch us grow.

Sincerely, Shawn and Angela
Floridahillnursery.com
admin@floridahillnursery.com

Comments:

Negative Bananazzz
Daytona Beach, FL
November 18, 2014
We purchased two different varieties (Apple and Ice Cream) of bananas from FL. Hill Nursery on one occasion and then a few more plants of those same varieties a year later. Within a couple of months of the second purchase, we noticed that one of the banana plants looked different (red) than the rest. We took pictures and sent an email, and we were told we had the right banana. Now, another year and a half later, the bananas are mature and producing, and it appears we have at least 3 different types of bananas. A couple of them taste like the Apple banana, but none of them taste or look like the Ice Cream, which is what we wanted the most. I once again sent an email with pictures of all our our banana plants and have never heard back. These plants took a lot of water, nutrients, time to develop and space in our yard to now find out we didn't get one of the bananas we wanted and have some growing that we didn't want, and the company doesn't even have the decency to respond. Very disappointed.
Positive riosamba
Marlboro, NJ
June 5, 2014
Posted on June 14, 2011, updated June 5, 2014
I have received a number of different cannas and they all are doing very well. The Marmalade Skies is already flowering after about a month and looks great. The plugs that they send of the tissue cultured cannas are very well packaged and very easy to plant. They start multiplying very quickly. I put two Creamsicle in a 20" pot and the pot is more than half full of thick, healthy canes. It's nice to find another vendor who ships plants which sure look virus free and grow so quickly.
I will definately continue to buy from them.
On June 5th, 2014, riosamba added the following:

I have received over 50 cannas from Florida Hill Nursery.The first group I had to put in the garage as it was so cold at night and then outside in the morning. The plants were small but 19 out of 20 survived and are growing nicely as the weather warms up. I have received about 50 cannas altogether and am very pleased. The latest plants were bigger and stronger than the very first and all are growing nicely. I intend to add more and get my canna garden back to about 600 to 700 plants. I have found a great resource for healthy , tissue cultured plants with no virus. What a wonderful place to buy these great plants.
Company representative comment on June 6, 2014:
On Jun 6, 2014 7:08 AM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Hello, thank you for the kind words.

Negative marlin47
Lykens, PA
May 23, 2014
Customer service sucks ! I placed an order 5 days ago and it still hasnt shipped ! I emailed the company 4 or 5 times, I received NO REPLYS. I found a phone number for them, I called it today and the voice mail is FULL They dont check their voice mail messages either !
Company representative comment on May 23, 2014:
On May 23, 2014 10:36 AM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Hello Todd, Your order is scheduled to arrive today. I apologize for the delayed response.

Positive swbrains
March 26, 2014
Posted on March 24, 2014, updated March 26, 2014
I ordered two Colocasia (Thai Giant). The description said they would be between 5" and 16". They arrived in good condition, but were TINY. The root ball was approximately 3 inches tall by about 1.5 inches in diameter and the plant above the root ball was no taller than 3 inches above the root ball. Maybe the stated size is including the root ball but I felt a bit deceived. Hopefully it won't matter and they'll grow quickly, but for $8.99 each, I would have expected a plant that was at least 6 - 12 inches above the root ball, especially given the stated size on their site. I can't say that I would order from them again. It's a shame I couldn't find any locally and they were my first choice to purchase from via mail order.
On March 26th, 2014, swbrains changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

I'm changing my rating to Positive. After I contacted them regarding the small Colocasia plants, they were very helpful and willing to make it right, which they did. They did explain that because it's so early in the season, the plants tend to be small but grow very quickly. This made sense and while I do think the web site should make this clear in the product description, they were very polite and sincerely wanted to resolve the issue to my satisfaction. Given this customer service experience, I would order from them again in the future.
Company representative comment on March 30, 2014:
On Mar 24, 2014 5:56 PM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Hello, please feel free to email us and we will do our best to help.

On Mar 30, 2014 9:31 AM, Florida Hill Nursery added:

Thank you so much for your kind email. I'm glad this was resolved to your satisfaction. : )

Neutral farmer_ben
Utopia, FL
March 20, 2014
I order from Florida hills nursery on occasion and have always had a fairly good experience. There plants seem to be grown in near sterile environments and sold prematurely, but the carry many different variety's that cant be found else where. I have noticed the plants need a lot of attention for a year or so, but they tend to take off one they start to grow. My advises to any person planing to order from these guys is to nurture the plants in pots through the first winter, use good composed soil in the pots, and don't fertilize or over water them the first year. My first order didn't do very well, but my second order is still growing in my garden today.
Negative davidrexx
Lutherville Timonium, MD
December 27, 2013
back on may of 2013 I purchased $233 dollars worth of material.
there were 2 packages if you call long tubular boxes with plants scotch taped to the cardboard!?
post office had stamped both boxes as broken from sender. the tube boxes were bent (decimated) and what material that was identifiable were crushed and mangled .
I called about the situation and they e-mailed me to take pictures of plants and packages.
well I did that and never heard from them again.
after numerous attempts to resolve the issue,I was left with no option but to cancel my charge.
visa said they would contact seller but never got a response.
I am a commercial landscaper and never have I seen such a nightmare as this company.
Company representative comment on December 27, 2013:
On Dec 27, 2013 6:02 PM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Hello, send us an email to floridahillnursery@yahoo.com and I will look into it personally.

Read more: http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/7888/#ixzz2oieK39d7

Negative gaberec
palermo
Italy
October 17, 2013
Hello everyone,
I'm italian and I bought for the first time from floridahillnursery but not to italy but new york where I could receive an order last summer

In fact I made an order of three bananas from this nursery and payed with credit card immediately but I never have received any package and never a mail like response to many mail which I sent

Hence I contacted floridahillnusersy in ebay since that they didn't answer me to my mail.... and in ebay their response was

Hello, its against ebay policy to discuss sites outside of ebay.

- floridahillnurserycom

anyone can help me ... it's strange

thanks

Company representative comment on October 18, 2013:
On Oct 18, 2013 8:09 AM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Hello,

it appears your purchase was made and refunded through our website and contacting us through ebay was a direct violation of ebay policy. This is a matter of fact and in no way meant to be anything else. If you feel you would like to further discuss this please feel free to email us at

admin@floridahillnursery@yahoo.com

Positive DonnaB
Vancleave, MS (Zone 8b)
September 27, 2013
I received good sized healthy looking Alocasia and Colocasia very quickly. Reasonably price and super low shipping cost. I can't wait to see them at full maturity
Company representative comment on September 29, 2013:
On Sep 29, 2013 3:32 PM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Hello, thank you its our pleasure. : )

Positive Spring342
Lexington, SC
September 18, 2013
I ordered 4 Blueberry plants from Florida Hill and I am delighted with the results! Shipping was the same small amount--the most reasonable shipping I have found anywhere!-- for up to four plants. The plants were packed exceptionally well and showed no stress from shipping. They were small as expected from the catalog description and were very healthy. I would certainly order again from a company that shows so much care in preparing their plants for shipping.
Company representative comment on September 18, 2013:
On Sep 18, 2013 7:57 PM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Thank you, we appretiate your business. : )

Negative JamieLev
MacKinleyville, CA
July 30, 2013
I purchased online a Mother's Day gift of 1 banana tree, a male and female kiwi, and a blueberry for my Mom in Florida. Only the banana tree was alive when my Mom opened the box. She didn't even know what the plants were, or who it was from, as there was no packing slip. When I found out, I told the company, and they said I was past the 30 day guarantee. I explained that my Mom didn't bring it up to me, as she didn't know who the package was from. I even put that it was to be a gift in the special shipping comments area while ordering. I was told I would have to buy these DOA plants AGAIN. They offered free shipping, but I don't feel I should have to re-purchase plants that arrived dead. Especially since delivery was in the same state as the company! My last email dialog was as follows, after I asked if they would take a mailed check:

Florida Hill Nursery:
"Hello sorry but our payment terms are paypal and credit card only.

Sincerely,
Florida Hill Nursery"

My reply:
"Not taking a check by mail is WAY too much to ask, and the last straw with my business. I will report this at garden watchdog. I don't want others to have to deal with your horrible customer service.

My Mom's male and female kiwi's and the blueberry were DEAD ON ARRIVAL. There was no packing slip, nor did she know what the plants were because of the bad sharpie labeling on the packing tape. She didn't even know the order was from me!!!

I emailed your company as soon as I heard about the plants being DEAD ON ARRIVAL. All I got was an email back saying I was past the 30 days from purchase date - and I was offered free shipping if I BOUGHT THEM AGAIN! Now, why would I want to re-purchase plants that showed up dead at my Mom's house in Florida the first time?

Your karma will catch up with you someday. Maybe when I write my negative review at garden watchdog?"

Company representative comment on July 31, 2013:
On Jul 31, 2013 7:04 AM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Positive SEgan
Altoona, FL
July 16, 2013
No complaints here either!!! Good selection Good prices Healthy plants Excellent shipping. I have ordered 3 times so far from Florida Hills Nursery, Blueberries, 9 of them all doing very well, 6 Iris, and now 3 Veinte Cohol bananas. I will order from them again. Be sure to check out ZONE 9 TROPICALS also!!!
Company representative comment on July 16, 2013:
On Jul 16, 2013 12:05 PM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Positive trackinsand
mid central, FL (Zone 9a)
July 16, 2013
no complaints here.
good communication and fast shipping. purchased four plants and they are all healthy and happy in their new home. especially love the Canna 'Maui Punch'.

Company representative comment on July 16, 2013:
On Jul 16, 2013 12:05 PM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Positive plantlover13
new york
United States
June 28, 2013
I had a very good experience with this company. I ordered sunday, and the plants arrived today, friday. the pineapple was a good 5 inches larger than advertised, and the banana trees i ordered were far larger than expected. the trees were bent, but that will fix itself. my only complaint, the pineapple has an obvious nutrient deficiency. however, fertilizer and time will heal that, so all is well, hopefully :)
Company representative comment on July 8, 2013:
On Jul 8, 2013 7:55 AM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Negative hardytropicals
Chesapeake, VA
June 10, 2013
We ordered Four different type Elephant ear plant's they arrived in good time the shipping box was broken in half,but that did not damage anything.Three of our plant's even tho they were quite small were green,the Malasian Monster had three yellow leaves wilted over.We took them out as soon as they arrived and planted them.I communicated by email and was told to send a picture,we did and were told it looks wilty.I told them it arrived that way and they said they don't send sick plant's.Then they said let's keep an eye on it.Today all the leaves fell off.They said if I send it back they may give me a refund.It is ashame that they would expect me to jump thru hoop's as a first time customer,And tell me they don't ship sick plant's when they saw the picture.Unless they decide to make this good and send us a healthy plant we will not ever deal with them again.
Company representative comment on June 10, 2013:
On Jun 10, 2013 7:31 PM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Hello, send us an email to floridahillnursery@yahoo.com and we will look into it personally.

Positive lawrence3314
Newport News, VA
May 31, 2013
I ordered 2 plants from them, I was very pleased with how fast they shipped them. They were packed very well to insure no damage upon arrival. The plants were very healthy and I ended up ordering 4 more plants. The second shipment arrived yesterday and everything looks good, even though the box was damaged in shipping, the plants were very healthy, all of them. I received both of my orders within one week of ordering. I live in virginia. I will definantly order from Florida Hill Nursery again.
Company representative comment on June 3, 2013:
On Jun 3, 2013 2:04 PM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Thank you for your feedback. I hope they grow up big and strong... : )

Negative sanbee1
Winston, FL
May 30, 2013
Posted on September 27, 2012, updated May 30, 2013
This comment is for the establishment of Florida Hill Nursery. I purchased lemongrass plants. Supposedly plants. I thought I was getting plants as that was the picture and write up for 6.99 a piece. They were only plugs and came in a box from the postal service. A long box that had the plugs in them. They were dry and brown and I was not pleased. I emailed the company right away and their reply "They should be okay". Didn't seem very interested at all in my complaint. I told them I would never order from them again. Never heard back. Two of my plants have died.
On May 30th, 2013, sanbee1 added the following:

I am responding to Florida Hill Nursery's comment on my negative comment. NO ONE EVER took care of me personally and as far as responding how to care for--That is the point you said take care of plants--they weren't plants. They were plugs and it is kind of hard to take care of something that is already dying sent to you in a postal box!!!
All anyone did after my post is ask if I wanted a refund. My comment was up to you as my comment was to warn other people planning on buying from you.
And interestingly enough I guess you deemed it not necessary to give a refund. So I paid over 30 dollars for 4 plugs and two died.
Company representative comment on May 30, 2013:
On Sep 27, 2012 2:10 PM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Hello, no worries zip me an email at floridahillnursery@yahoo.com
Please post it attn. Shawn and note Daves Garden. I will get you taken care of personally. : )

On May 11, 2013 6:15 AM, Florida Hill Nursery added:

The phrase "they should be o.k." was attached to a lenghty explanation of how to care for the plants from the point in which they were at. We were never contacted back. :(

On May 30, 2013 9:53 AM, Florida Hill Nursery added:

Negative mwaterman07
Gilbert, AZ
May 29, 2013
Posted on May 29, 2013, updated May 29, 2013
Very strange
Never got any update that plants had shipped even when checking status on their website until I emailed and asked.

Plants arrived very well packaged and healthy but the box was smashed. Totally not FHN's fault and I already brought it up with USPS.

Now we get to the weird part..
They blacklisted me for some reason? Sometime in between the last time I spoke to them asking about delivery, May 28, and today, May 29, when I tried to join their forum and it said my ip was blacklisted. I was never rude or anything to them and have all emails to prove it.

What a strange way to treat a paying customer for no apparent reason. Emailed them inquiring why they did that and they haven't responded. I'm a 27 year old guy trying to get into this because I enjoy it but I hope everyone isn't like this.
On May 29th, 2013, mwaterman07 added the following:

If you read my review I wasn't happy
No shipping notification, which would help considering I live in AZ and it's 100 out. If you care about the condition of your plants then the customer should probably be more aware of when somethings ships. I realize you all already do this but for whatever reason it didn't happen this time.

Also I've never done anything fraudulent to you or anyone else and I find it very offensive that you would accuse someone of that. I would have been a big customer for you with my new edible landscaping business, but why do you treat people like this? I just don't get it.

In response to their accusations I ran an ip blacklist check on two different sites and spamhaus separately. None of them had my ip address blacklisted, just FHN's own forum.
Company representative comment on May 29, 2013:
On May 29, 2013 4:11 PM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Hello, if you were blocked there was likely a good reason. you probably triggered a fraudulant flag. But if you were happy with the transaction why are you leaving negative feedback. This seems to be a misuse of daves Garden feedback system. Either way send us an email and Angela or I will check into it.

Negative LondonMcKnight
Charlottesville, VA
May 10, 2013
Posted on May 11, 2013, updated May 11, 2013
The elephant ear plants I ordered arrived with only one in good shape, the others were damaged and/or badly wilted and one was clearly dead. I planted them all and was just going to consider the one lost plant a misfortune. However, only ONE of the damaged/wilted plants survived, (though still not looking well). I tried repeatedly to contact FH but the contact link on the site just kept pulling an error page. I returned to Watchdog and saw a contact email. I sent a nice email explaining the situation, with pictures and asked that the plants be replaced. The response I received was that the damaged/wilted plants were just dry and told if I planted and watered them that they should recover. I responded explaining that I done just that weeks earlier. The next response made absolutely no sense to me. It accused me of calling them names. I sent a response, explaining to them that I use readnotify.com on my emails and that every email was recorded and logged. No response. I sent several follow-up emails to the same email and have received NO response. With the good prices and excellent selection I would have been a huge repeat customer...=( Sadly, London
On May 10th, 2013, LondonMcKnight added the following:

I have asked and hope that FH sends me the healthy plants that I purchased. ...=/ ~London
Company representative comment on May 17, 2013:
On May 11, 2013 6:11 AM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Hello Sandy, not sure why the email link in our website isnt allowing you to send us an email but I will check into that. Send us an email at floridahillnursery@yahoo.com post it to Angela or Shawn and one of us will take care of you personally. : )

On May 17, 2013 7:52 AM, Florida Hill Nursery added:

Hello, we have refunded the transaction. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Positive bLownes
Irmo, SC
May 8, 2013
Posted on May 7, 2013, updated May 8, 2013
I ordered 4 elephant ear (2 Black Magic, 1 Noble Gigante, and 1 Borneo Giant) from FHN and they arrived very quickly. However, both the black magics had 1 wilted leaf and look to kind of weak, the other 2 plants were in great shape. I planted them all, following instructions on the website only one day after receiving them in the mail. Both Black Magic have died the other 2 are doing well. I have emailed the company 3 times with no response in regards to this. I know that this is a very busy time of the year but customer service is a way to keep clientele coming back.
On May 8th, 2013, bLownes changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

I have changed my rating from negative to positive. I had the wrong email address. They have awesome customer service once I got the correct email address. I will definitely be ordering from them again.
Also wanted to add that they are have great prices and an amazing selection of unique plants.
Company representative comment on May 7, 2013:
On May 7, 2013 4:44 PM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Hello Im sorry but we havent recieved any previous emails. Please email us at floridahillnursery@yahoo.com and ask for Shawn or Angela. We will take care of the issue personally.

Positive reeve1
Plano, TX (Zone 8b)
May 6, 2013
Just received some of the healthiest and nicest grown plants that I've gotten from anyone this year, and I've ordered from 8 domestic plant suppliers and 6 tropical farms so far. Florida Hill is by far the best. Definitely will make them at the top of my list to buy from again! Thanks!
Positive cayceingeorgia
Dexter, GA
May 5, 2013
I wanted a specific variety of banana tree that only a few nurseries offer. One very big one in south ga that gets terrible reviews everywhere on the internet (plus I have actually been there and was not impressed!) and Florida Hill Nursery offered this type. Veinte Cohol. I received 4 big, beautiful plants in shorter time than I anticipated. I will definitely use them again.
Positive ery
Bayshore, NC (Zone 8a)
March 21, 2013
Quick,accurate, well priced, well packed healthy cannas of the larger size. Will definitely use again!
Positive drobarr
Hummelstown, PA (Zone 6b)
March 19, 2013
I ordered:
1 x Musa Basjoo Banana tree = $7.99
1 x Pineapple plant "Elite Gold" Ananas comosus, Bromeliacea = $6.99

Plants were small but a good value for the price. Plants came very quickly and were well packaged. Good experience over all.
Positive gandyman33
Saint Louis, MO
November 28, 2012
Posted on November 15, 2012, updated November 28, 2012
I recently purchased two TR Hovey Papaya trees from Florida Hill Nursery via Ebay. Florida Hill offered the best price and a little bigger tree than the other Ebay sellers listing the same variety of papaya tree. The trees arrived yellowed, wilted and broken and I am hopeful they will survive. This was the worst case of packaging that I have experienced with a mail order nursery. The two trees were bound together by tape at the rootball. There was absolutely no packing material in the box and they were allowed to bounce and move around in a box much too big for the small trees. Consequently one tree is smaller now that a third was broken in transport. I am just amazed at how little care was used to ship these plants from Florida to Missouri. Additionally, there was no invoice, thank you for your business, growing instructions, etc. (what happened to customer service?). I do not recommend this nursery based on my experience.
On November 28th, 2012, gandyman33 changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

I have changed my rating from negative to positive due to the customer service I received and the offer of a full refund. Florida Hill Nursery (FHN) suggested that I reorder in the Spring, which I will more than likely do as I really want a papaya tree and FHN stands behind their plants. I will suggest that packing material be added when my order is shipped. 😃

Company representative comment on November 15, 2012:
On Nov 15, 2012 1:01 PM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Hello, no worries zip me an email at floridahillnursery@yahoo.com

Positive RBKB444
Lansing, MI (Zone 5b)
August 30, 2012
I ordered a dwarf papaya on e-bay, from Florida Hill Nursery. It was very reasonably priced, as was shipping. In five days I received a well packaged well rooted papaya. I have ordered from them previously and was very pleased then as well. I would definitely order from them again.
Positive jmdsr1975
Flat Rock, MI
June 29, 2012
Hi everyone out there :)
I have been checking out the Garden Watchdog for years and was always too lazy to join the membership. But, I finally did so to give a honest and true opinion of the few companies I deal with mail order. Anyways, I have been dealing with Shawn and Angela at Florida Hill Nursery for a couple of years now and am here to tell everyone out there that they truly work hard to keep you happy and satisfied. They are great people with excellent customer service skills and will go out of their way to offer you the best of the best. This comment is NOT about one particular order, but over 50 or so orders. They dont argue you with about any issues you may have and often will ALWAYS send free plants if something goes wrong. Things are taken care of promptly, usually within minutes. Emails are usually returned almost as fast as I can type it and send it to them. They do not make and break promises or give you the run around like many of the other online nurseries. I only deal with a few others out there, like Four Winds Growers (citrus trees), Florida Hill Nursery, Wellsprings Gardens (other different tropical plants) because of many other bad experiences with other mail order nurseries. I wont name any of them, as it is not fair to them because I would never order from any of them again and it has been a long time since I did order, and hopefully they have fixed things for future customers. But, once is enough for me!!!! It is nice to have them as a reliable and easy to deal with mail order nursery. As a matter of fact, I dont even deal with any other company for many of their plants. They are always large, healthy and almost always thrive. But, as far as good points about Florida Hill Nursery and his company, this is what you can HONESTLY expect:

*Great prices

*Cheap shipping (I see the shipping labels and the costs of them, and I usually order 15 to 40 different plants and I wonder how he even makes any money.

*Fast shipping (usually within 2 to 3 days at the very most, and many times within 24 hours)

*Friendly customer service

*Quick response times on any email or phone call (usually within minutes)

*Most importantly, big, healthy and disease free plants

But, I am not going to keep on going on and on, and I just felt it necessary to share my experience with them so maybe they can gain even more satisfied customers, of which he deserves. Give him a try, and rest assured you will be happy and hopefully add another good review for him. Thanks Florida Hill Nursery if you ever do read this and am glad to call you a friend. Take care everyone out there and happy gardening!!!!

Sherry D.
Negative Lotus954
Farr West, UT
May 25, 2012
Posted on May 24, 2012, updated May 25, 2012
I ordered 3 elephant ear tubers from Florida Hill. They arrived quickly, but the box was caved in. Each tuber had 2 leaves. One was vigorous, one was wilted, and the box broke the leaves off the third. I planted the three, following instructions, hoping that they would survive anyway. The one that was vigorous is doing fine. The one that was wilted never perked up and the leaves died, and the one with the broken off leaves didn't throw up a new shoot. I emailed them and told them what the situation was, asking if the ones that haven't produced new shoots would ever send up new shoots and, since the strong one isn't growing well but is still alive, would it benefit from being moved into another location. I did expect them to answer my question and at least offer to replace the one killed in transit, and, in the interest of good customer relations, also offer to replace the one that came with wilted leaves and lost them, but the answer I got was "Hello, its likely an issue with the amount of heat they are recieving. They prefer heat and humidity which is common in the summer time." First, this didn't answer any questions I asked. Second, if these are not suitable for our climate here, that should have been mentioned in the listing so I wouldn't have had to waste money ordering them. Third, there was no offer to fix the problem. I've just sent them another email asking my question again and this time have specifically asked them if they would replace the one that was totally destroyed in shipping. I don't think I should have had to ask, but I guess I did. Can't wait to see the one line reply on this one. I'm not happy.

On May 25th, 2012, Lotus954 added the following:

I am so sorry I offended Florida Hill by posting a totally accurate report of my experience. So now, instead of trying to fix things, they are choosing to not answer anything, including my first, politely worded question. I didn't ask what the problem was, I asked if the damaged tubers would throw new shoots. I did also ask if I should move the viable one to a sunnier place so it would grow faster. They did respond to my email, one line again, "you can return any unwanted plants for a full refund". They don't get that I'm trying NOT to return plants, but am STILL asking if there is the possibility that new shoots might come from the tubers injured in shipping. The answer to that ONE question seems to be impossible to get from these people. I would suggest that you all think twice before ordering here because they are NOT interested in resolving customer problems. If I ran my business like this I'd go bankrupt.
Company representative comment on May 11, 2013:
On May 25, 2012 9:54 AM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Hello Lotus, You asked what the problem was with your plant and we gave advise. You asked and we answered. Since your post is so strongly worded I dont believewe will be giving you any more advise. Thank you for your feedback.

On May 11, 2013 6:17 AM, Florida Hill Nursery added:

Somedays I just want to crawl back into bed. : (

Positive likesdirt
Audubon, NJ
May 20, 2012
Posted on May 10, 2012, updated May 20, 2012
I recently placed a nice size order.All plants went directly to my greenhouse and have not been removed as of yet.The banana that I ordered never turned red as it was supposed to.I have emailed the company several times to have it replaced(sent them a picture as requested)The last email I received they said the banana looked like it had frost damage which is impossible in a heated greenhouse and to give it more sun.The plant has been under grow lights.As my last email to them stated I have been a master gardener for 30 years and I wouldn't ask for a replacement if I didn't think their was a problem.I also let them know that the plant had been in a greenhouse.They never responded to the last email.All I wanted was a replacement banana plant.
On May 20th, 2012, likesdirt changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

The company sent me a nice email and looked into my concerns.They replaced the banana in question and also sent me an additional one of a larger size than my original order.They bent over backwards to make me a satisfied customer.
Company representative comment on May 12, 2012:
On May 11, 2012 3:21 PM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

On May 11, 2012 3:25 PM, Florida Hill Nursery added:

On May 11, 2012 3:28 PM, Florida Hill Nursery added:

Hello, Please send us an email to floridahillnursery@yahoo.com Angela or I will personally visit the problem. Please mark it as urgent and request Either of us and it will be made right. Have a great weekend!! : )

On May 12, 2012 10:26 PM, Florida Hill Nursery added:

Hello, we have sent an email to this address;
arn42@comcast.net

Is this you?

Sandra Arnold
42 creston ave
Audubon, New Jersey

Positive BeeznBearz
Cottonwood, ID
April 30, 2012
I'm quite pleased with my order so far. The plants came very carefully packed with minimal leaf damage. The shrubs and trees were small, as advertised, and the dragonfruit and passionfruit had reached more than a foot in height. All the plants continue to look healthy. The only plant I have any concern with is the dragon fruit which had a tiny split when it arrived. The split worsened over a day but so far the plant looks no worse for it. When contacted, the company was very prompt and personable with their replies and advice. I look forward to shopping from them again, especially if their 'out of stock' plants are made available again.
Positive Mateo6288
Santa Fe, NM
April 26, 2012
Just received my first order from Florida Hills and am very happy with the product. Their processing & shipping are both fast and the price is decent.

The plants came carefully packed & taped in place with not a single leaf broken. I ordered 4 various elephant ears which looked very healthy including roots. The banana had its newest leaf looking pale and yellow but that is probably due to it emerging in the box during shipment. The remaining 5 leaves were very healthy and green.

Very happy customer and will be doing further business with Florida Hill.
Positive subtropic
Deland, FL
April 13, 2012
Some of the best deals available. Fast shipping. Large plants for the money. One of my favorite places to order from.
Company representative comment on April 25, 2012:
On Apr 25, 2012 3:46 PM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Thank You neighbor.. : )

Positive vmonacelli
Philadelphia, PA
April 3, 2012
The plants I ordered were carefully and neatly packed. The plant roots look extremely healthy and remained damp through the shipping process. I am not usually a fan of mail ordering live plants but I could not find the item I was looking for anywhere in my area. The shipping was very fast and the plants I received exceeded my expectations. The canna lillies were enormous (about 18" tall). The black magic elephant ears seems to be a little more testy about being in a dark box for several days but the plants themselves are healthy and I imagine they will take off like crazy based upon the healthiness of the roots. This was my first order with Florida Hill so I only ordered a couple of items so I could see how things turned out. I was happy enough with my purchase to go back and order the rest of the items I wanted. I will definitely be using this company in the future. They have a very diverse selection of plants at very fair prices.
Positive CooDeeFoo
Central, SC
March 15, 2012
I received the colocasia plants I ordered online today. They were excellent plants for the price: healthy, vigorous, well packaged & true to variety. These plants are 1/4 to 1/3 of the price charged by the better known sources for colocasias and are much better quality than I have received from other sources. I will order again. Also, the shipping was very reasonable, and this is greatly appreciated.
Positive GreenFin
Saint George, KS
March 5, 2012
Posted on March 1, 2012, updated March 5, 2012
I recently got into bananas and ordered 4 from Florida Hills. Delivery took 3 or 4 days, and the plants were all healthy and surprisingly large (I was expecting them to just be 3" tall, but they had 8" p-stems and were over a foot tall overall). I planted them in my greenhouse about 4 1/2 weeks ago and they have more than doubled in size already, so I'm very pleased.

I just placed a 2nd order with them for a few more plants and will make a follow-up post when they arrive.
On March 5th, 2012, GreenFin added the following:

My 2nd order from Florida Hill arrived today. The US Postal Service mauled the package in transit, but the plants still managed to make it through in good shape. I ordered 3 banana plants and 1 pineapple plant. They were all medium-sized tc starter plants, which is what I wanted and was expecting. No signs of disease. Overall pretty good value.
Positive shelly6569
Las Vegas, NV
February 28, 2012
Posted on February 25, 2012, updated February 28, 2012
I placed an order at the end of December. The plants arrived damaged. All of the stems on the banana plants were broken (and all the plants died within a few days) because they were shipped unsecured in a large box. I sent an email through their website and nearly two months later have not received a response. I spent over $30. Wish I had ordered through EBAY; at least then I could have gotten my money back.
On February 28th, 2012, shelly6569 changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

Florida Hill Nursery has contacted me and the situation has been satisfactorily resolved.
Company representative comment on February 25, 2012:
On Feb 25, 2012 8:30 PM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Hello Shelly, I dont understand we cant locate any email coorospondance you may have sent. We see the numerous orders youve placed throughout the year under Shelly Ownes of Las Vegas but no messages??? Tried calling the phone # you left during the checkout process and its not in service...

Positive joefalkner
Gisela, AZ
January 15, 2012
I would give them a negative because I never got a reply about my order, but with the quality of plants I received at what I consider to be very low prices, I don't have the heart to give them a negative. If you need the type of plants they specialize in, I think you will be thrilled at what you receive.

Company representative comment on January 21, 2012:
On Jan 15, 2012 8:08 PM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Hello Joe, the best way to contact Angela and I is through email. admin@floridahillnursery.com Im glad to hear that our work speak for us. Thank you for your honest review.

On Jan 21, 2012 8:34 PM, Florida Hill Nursery added:

I noticed you ordered again thank you for your patronage.

Positive jacobsjd
Orlando, FL
August 13, 2011
I just received my first order from Florida Hill Nursery. I ordered five plants and I gotta' tell you, I'm impressed! All the plants arrived looking as fresh as if they had just been boxed a moment before. Additionally, for the price I paid, I was really expecting tiny plants, which I didn't mind because I get a lot of plants over the web and that's what one normally receives. These are really nice sized plants! They're definitely ready to go in a one-gallon pot or even in the ground! Shawn and Angela, thank you very much. You will see many more orders from me in the future!
Company representative comment on March 9, 2012:
On Mar 9, 2012 2:28 PM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

We thank You and come back any time. : )

Positive smurf428
cullman, AL (Zone 7b)
August 4, 2011
Just recieved my plant order, was very impressed with there care for shipping. Not one plant was damaged in anyway, not even a broken leaf.
For the plants themselves i knew they were going to be small as stated in the info on the site. I was very impressed with there roots and the plants were bigger then i thought they would be..
The prices are half if not a 1/3 as other places, and giving how fast things grow i dont mind waiting a month to get to the size other sites plants are for the huge savings..
Over all I will be ordering from them again.. I got 2 basjoo bananas and 8 elephant ears.. Very happy with this purchase!! thanks again florida hill
jen