The scoop on 'New Life Nursery & Garden'

New Life Nursery & Garden

314 Hwy 8
Pelzer, South Carolina 29669 (United States)

Phone: 864-349-8459
Fax: 864-947-8367

» Like them on Facebook

Company Comment, posted on June 14, 2011:
New life nursery & garden currently maintains 100% positive feedback ratings on both Ebay and Amazon and we guarantee customer satisfaction every time.

Comments:

Negative Linsden
Livermore, CA
February 6, 2014
I bought 2 plants from this grower directly from their website. They also sell on Amazon and eBay.

Their website description of Shipping info states "Plants are watered just moments before packaging, taken out of the pot, Individually wrapped, and packaged with additional paper / peanuts in the carton to keep the plants tightly packed, we do this to ensure that the plants get delivered to your door in great condition and are ready for transplant into your yard." Their Amazon description of one of the plants that I bought states "shipped without pot".

Both plant arrived just washed and BAREROOT. I contacted the seller stating that I am not accepting the plants, as they do not survive bareroot transplantation in our climate. The seller agreed to take the plants back, but refused to reimburse for direct and return shipping.

On the top of that they lay to me directly stating that "website does say that we take them out of the pot and shake the soil off", while as you can see from the above description of their Shipping info - it does not even mention "shaking soil off".

The industry standard for plant description is to
1) state explicitly that the plant is shipped bareroot
2) this is stated on the description page of the plant.

Since none of these was done, I find this situation to be the fault of the seller only, and feel that the direct and return shipping charges should be returned to me in full.

Also, when you check the reviews on Amazon of the Gardenia Frost Proof plant grown by this seller, all 4 of them say "5 stars, healthy plant just arrived". But NONE of them says how it survived the transplantation.

I just want to warn everybody, that
1) this seller uses unethical practice of not giving correct description of the plant condition,
2) when you start complaining they lie to you and try to preset the situation as your fault
2) at the very best situation in case of return you will loose your shipping charges both ways, and
3) good reviews you can find at the first glance are unreliable.
Positive Pinetucky
Swainsboro, GA (Zone 8a)
June 28, 2012
When I couldn't find the crape myrtles I wanted locally, I turned online. The crape myrtle I ordered from New Life Nursery is just beautiful! It is larger than expected, very well branched and well rooted.

It arrived with the rootball wrapped in plastic, upper parts wrapped in damp newspaper and the box filled with peanuts and more newspaper. It was still moist, no drying out. There was no damage whatsover in transit. It looks much better than the crapes at Lowes.

I actually ordered through their ebay listing rather than their website. I received order confirmation and shipping notice as expected. The plant shipped the day after ordering. I would not hesitate to order again from New Life Nursery & Garden. A great transaction!