The scoop on 'New Life Nursery & Garden'

New Life Nursery & Garden

New Life Nursery & Garden has 81 products listed in PlantScout.

314 Hwy 8
Pelzer, South Carolina 29669 (United States)

Phone: 864-349-8459
Fax: 864-947-8367

» Like them on Facebook

Company Comment, posted on June 14, 2011:
New life nursery & garden currently maintains 100% positive feedback ratings on both Ebay and Amazon and we guarantee customer satisfaction every time.

Comments:

Negative DEBFRMHELL
San Antonio, TX
November 9, 2014
I made a purchase online from them on July 14th for 3 Variegated Weigela Though I paid $10.00 shipping for an $11.85 purchase, I never received them. When I made the effort to contact them about this, they emailed me the confirmation that I had received them. I never got them. They didn't believe me. End of story.

And no, I am not a "sour grapes" customer.
Positive landreyev
Sandyville, WV (Zone 6b)
August 9, 2014
I ordered 4 butterfly bushes and 4 hydrangea from them on ebay earlier this year. Upon arrival the plants all looked healthy and of a good size. I planted them in pots and have been happy with their subsequent growth. The butterfly bushes have grown and are blooming profusely, true to name, Nanho blue. The 4 hydrangea seem to have come down with cercospora, which I understand frequently happens with hydrangea and is not the fault of the supplier. Oddly I also purchased 4 hydrangea at Lowe's this year and they came down with powdery mildew, and not cercospora (yet) so perhaps one cultivar is more susceptible to certain issues than others (I think the ones bought from New Life were Nikko Blue). I plan on using a fungicide to try and help them out, but again do not feel this occurred because of the vendor. They have good prices and good plants in my experience.
Negative nselegzi
Bronx, NY
July 5, 2014
Purchased three emerald green arbovitae from these folks. The first died within days, and they took two weeks to replace it. When the second two died, they said I was out of luck because they only honor one claim per order and my order was placed over thirty days ago. The trees were undersized, poorly packed (lots of environmentally unfriendly packing peanuts) and their customer service rude and indifferent. There are so many better places to buy online.
Company representative comment on July 10, 2014:
On Jul 10, 2014 9:40 AM, New Life Nursery & Garden responded with:

we had already replaced the plants ( and also had replaced a few other plants earlier that they fail to mention ) and the customer waited 10 more days and then said they wanted more replacements. this is unreasonable and i felt confident they were simply trying to get free plants. this same customer had nothing but nice things to say up to this point about how great there plants were and how all other plants were doing so well, they even made the comment that they would leave "very appreciative feedback" comments. Once i told them that there last demand ( unreasonable mind you ) was not going to be fulfilled they opened a claim for thew items on ebay. EBAY DECIDED IN OUR FAVOR AND REFUSED THERE CLAIM. at this point they completely flipped the script and started posting negative feedbacks on all of my sites ( ebay, amazon, website, etc. ) most of which have been removed by the prospective companies as being unfair due to unreasonable demands

Positive rivermare
Lincoln, CA
June 3, 2014
I ordered a number of plants via Amazon and they all arrived without pots and mostly without soil. A couple of shrubs dried up the next day but after I sent the nursery and email with pictures, they promptly sent new ones, this time with soil. I love all the plants from them because for the price and low cost shipping, I get decent sized plants and they arrive within a week. Unlike most mail-order nurseries, New Life & Garden provides big plants. I ordered from them again and am now fighting myself not to buy more because I've overspent on my garden already.
Will definitely be ordering from them in future several times over.
Positive rugbycrumpet
Sharon, MA (Zone 6a)
June 2, 2014
I've just moved into a new construction home and has lots of landscaping to do. I've been buying shrubs online from various companies but no one compares to New Life Nursery. Their prices are excellent and they send big healthy plants....cheap and fast! Many times, I get a bonus plant here and there. This is my go-to online store for shrubs. The only thing I don't like is the packing peanuts used. Otherwise, this company is perfect in my humble opinion,
Positive Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL (Zone 7b)
April 22, 2014
Ordered 5 plants from them via eBay, knew they were bare root, but the packaging was excellent & arrived very quickly - I was a little slow in getting them in pots, so one was a tad dry by the time I got around to it, but looks like it'll make it...prices were good & shipping as well - will definitely order from them again
Negative Linsden
Livermore, CA
February 6, 2014
I bought 2 plants from this grower directly from their website. They also sell on Amazon and eBay.

Their website description of Shipping info states "Plants are watered just moments before packaging, taken out of the pot, Individually wrapped, and packaged with additional paper / peanuts in the carton to keep the plants tightly packed, we do this to ensure that the plants get delivered to your door in great condition and are ready for transplant into your yard." Their Amazon description of one of the plants that I bought states "shipped without pot".

Both plant arrived just washed and BAREROOT. I contacted the seller stating that I am not accepting the plants, as they do not survive bareroot transplantation in our climate. The seller agreed to take the plants back, but refused to reimburse for direct and return shipping.

On the top of that they lay to me directly stating that "website does say that we take them out of the pot and shake the soil off", while as you can see from the above description of their Shipping info - it does not even mention "shaking soil off".

The industry standard for plant description is to
1) state explicitly that the plant is shipped bareroot
2) this is stated on the description page of the plant.

Since none of these was done, I find this situation to be the fault of the seller only, and feel that the direct and return shipping charges should be returned to me in full.

Also, when you check the reviews on Amazon of the Gardenia Frost Proof plant grown by this seller, all 4 of them say "5 stars, healthy plant just arrived". But NONE of them says how it survived the transplantation.

I just want to warn everybody, that
1) this seller uses unethical practice of not giving correct description of the plant condition,
2) when you start complaining they lie to you and try to preset the situation as your fault
2) at the very best situation in case of return you will loose your shipping charges both ways, and
3) good reviews you can find at the first glance are unreliable.

Company representative comment on June 25, 2014:
On Jun 25, 2014 12:50 PM, New Life Nursery & Garden responded with:

disgruntled customer who even though we refunded once they were returned is exaggeratiing the situation. while it is true that we are only liable to cover the cost of the plants and not the shipping . our website does explain how we ship the plants. it also states that if you want the plants shipped in the pot with soil to contact us in advance so we can get you a shipping quote

Positive Pinetucky
Swainsboro, GA (Zone 8b)
June 28, 2012
When I couldn't find the crape myrtles I wanted locally, I turned online. The crape myrtle I ordered from New Life Nursery is just beautiful! It is larger than expected, very well branched and well rooted.

It arrived with the rootball wrapped in plastic, upper parts wrapped in damp newspaper and the box filled with peanuts and more newspaper. It was still moist, no drying out. There was no damage whatsover in transit. It looks much better than the crapes at Lowes.

I actually ordered through their ebay listing rather than their website. I received order confirmation and shipping notice as expected. The plant shipped the day after ordering. I would not hesitate to order again from New Life Nursery & Garden. A great transaction!