The scoop on 'C and D Plants'

C and D Plants

Costa Mesa, California 92626
(United States)

Comments:

Positive amanzed
Los Angeles, CA (Zone 10a)
June 23, 2011
Craig & Denise Fry are stalwarts of the Orange County Cactus & Succulent Society, and they grow some beautiful and amazing plants at their Southern California nursery. They sell at club events and by mail order from their website. The website doesn't have a shopping cart, but you can inquire directly from their website for plant availability. I visited their operation by appointment and I was stunned by their collection and their sale plants. After I put my eyeballs back into my head, I left with a flat of beautiful little succulents. I also found C & D to be delightful people.

They specialize in rare and hard-to-find mesembs, adromischus, euphorbias, haworthia, euphorbia and cactus. Since their property is small, they focus on mostly smaller plants, including some of the most desirable plants in our hobby.

They participate actively in CactiGuide forum, where you can see pictures of their cactus -- among many others, check out Mammillaria leuthyi:

And succulents:

I have no connection with C & D beyond being their customer (and member of a neighboring local club in Southern California). I am a member of Cactus and Succulent Society of America. I grow about 500 plants, and I have purchased from many, many retail and wholesale nurseries.