The scoop on 'Real Flora (aka Botanical Growers)'

Real Flora (aka Botanical Growers)

Gainesville, Florida 32635-8092 (United States)

This company is affiliated with 2 companies:This company offers a variety of plants.

Comments:

Negative DeeTay1028
Council Bluffs, IA
July 18, 2014
I ordered 2 pineapple plants on 7/8/14. I received an email confirming the order, but have received nothing since. Tried numerous times to email them back to ask when I would receive them to no avail. No phone to call either. They hit my credit card the day I ordered, which is odd. Dont think they should charge you until your order ships. I have no idea when I will receive my plants, or even if I will. At the very least, they should give you some tracking info as to what the order status is. There is no contact info on their website, nor any place to put a review, or ask a question. Very strange way to do business. If I dont get an answer soon, I will dispute the charge on my card.
Company representative comment on July 27, 2014:
On Jul 27, 2014 1:07 PM, Real Flora (aka Botanical Growers) responded with:

We spoke with you via Email on July 20th and explained that our email servers had gone down and we were unable to communicate. We received a nice reply back from you - Thank you.

Your order for the 2 Sugarloaf Pineapple shipped on the 23rd with UPS. We hope they have arrived in good condition. :)

Please feel free to contact us if you require anything further.

Negative Treaseek
Okmulgee, OK
July 1, 2014
I placed an order June 26th that was backordered until sometime in July. I have sent three emails canceling the order with absolutely no response. I can find no phone number for them. I called my credit card company and discovered they charged my card the same day I placed the order even though the item is not available to ship. Makes me think they are not real. At the very least they are not running the company in a very customer service oriented manner.
Company representative comment on July 27, 2014:
On Jul 27, 2014 1:10 PM, Real Flora (aka Botanical Growers) responded with:

Sorry for your frustration - your order was refunded and cancelled as soon as we read your email. Unfortunately we are rarely in our offices, as we spend 95% of our time in the nursery, tending to plants, prepping and shipping orders.

Please let us know if you require further assistance. We are happy to help. :)

Positive goldenone19
Reno, NV
June 20, 2014
Posted on June 5, 2014, updated June 20, 2014
Posted on May 31, 2014, updated June 5, 2014
I ordered a bare root chardonnay grape vine from another company back in January, it did not survive the cold northern Nevada temperatures and died. The company was sold out and did not offer me a replacement for next year, nor would they help me locate another plant. I searched the internet for months for a replacement and finally came upon the Real Flora website. They had two Chardonnay grape vines in stock and the plants were not bare root. I ordered one right away. Although I found it strange I did not get a confirmation e-mail from them, they did send an e-mail letting me know the plant was shipped, I also got an e-mail from UPS. My plant should be here by June 5, 2014 I cannot wait to have a live Chardonnay grape vine, it has been a long time coming. What concerns me a little is that while searching for a Chardonnay plant, I typed in 'Chardonnel' and Real Flora came up and had a Chardonnay in stock, so I wonder if the plant is really Chardonnay or Chardonnel because there is a difference, but for $4.88 I guess I can't complain and there's no way to tell either.
On June 5th, 2014, goldenone19 added the following:

The vine arrived today, with biodegradable peanuts in the packaging so my plant was well cushioned. No leaves were on it at all which I was disappointed about, but in all fairness it did travel a very long way and the plant was healthy. I would buy from Real Flora again.
On June 20th, 2014, goldenone19 added the following:

My grape vine is doing very well with lots of new growth. The vine is vigorous and I'm happy with it. Hope this helps someone when they are trying to decide whether to buy from them or not.
Positive lamarcoux
Middleburg, FL
May 6, 2014
Posted on April 16, 2014, updated May 6, 2014
My order arrived today, and I can't believe the size of the plants,they are incredible! I was prepared for the average size plants I have been getting from assorted places, never did I expect this. I didn't even have the proper size pots. The San Pedro cactus was 2 feet tall and about 6 inches around. The BOGO offer of Cereus White Night Blooming were 12" tall and at least 4" around. All plants were beautifully wrapped in paper and in the growers cones. I did order in late March, but when I ordered I had to accept the shipment date of mid-April before placing the order. A+++ from me would definitely recommend and I will be shopping with them again.
On May 6th, 2014, lamarcoux added the following:

I just received my second order from RealFlora aka Botanical Growers. I have to say the size and quality of the plants I have received is incredible! You do have to wait a couple weeks for them to arrive, but you are notified at time of purchase. They send an email letting you know it has shipped and when it has arrived. They have answered every email I have sent. No problems whatsoever. I would recommend to give them a try.
Neutral siegelex
Orchard Grass Hills, KY
August 27, 2013
Posted on August 27, 2013, updated August 27, 2013
I am having an experience similar to lcrutch. I have not been able to find a telephone number and unable to get a reply to my email. It seems odd they don't confirm an order when placed. Beginning to wonder if they are real. Think I will try the BBB in Florida. I will try another email first. I hope they are real and I receive my plants today!
On August 27th, 2013, siegelex changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

Ha! Just received an answer to my mail! Coincidence? Maybe. Anyway I am a happier camper than I was 2 minutes ago. Will change to "Neutral".
Positive drmom21
June 23, 2013
I have always had great luck with Botanical Growers and all their sites. I believe that the "Online 24/7" means that the store is available all the time, not that they have operators on the phones.(which they do not... they are very efficient on e-mail though) Here is how I contact them: customerservice@botanicalgrowersnetwork.net - I think if you send them your order number they will let you know how long until it ships. I got tracking information as soon as my order was boxed and ready for pick up. Don't fret they are real. :)
Negative lcrutch
Greensboro, NC
June 21, 2013
I have placed an order with this company on 6/14/2013. I have not been able to check on the order. There website doesn't give any place to login when it tells you on your receipt to login in to your account page. No contact information. I have requested several times information to reset my password which there has been no response. Contact us doesn't work either. I am very disappointed when I have placed an order of $60.00 and there is no way to track it or get an update, or even verify it was received. They have not sent any emails to me. I only was able to print my receipt from my order. There website states that it has been updated as early as today. It also states they are online 24/7. I should have done my homework a little more. Given this experience, unless they update their post sale service, I will be less likely to order again. I haven't even recieved the plants yet so I am little concerned about what I will recieve or if it will be received. I was able to locate a phone number but is a fax, which I sent a request for an update by email or phone with no response. This is to alert your readers about this company or growers in this network.
Positive zjhackett
Glendale, AZ
May 24, 2012
Second order through botanicalgrowers.com and have been very pleased both times. This time I ordered the commercial growers pack of 25 Giant Red Dragon Fruit for just under $100. All plants were 6-10" tall, well-rooted, and are growing fast. Also, I ordered a Musa Ice Cream plant, which despite having some trouble in its first few weeks (one leaf sprout had broken off inside and was rotting and jamming up the growth process) it was healthy enough to survive the "exploratory" pruning and is already growing again.

Botanicalgrowers.com and patioplants.com seem to be the same company (same PO Box, packaging, and a lot of redundancy in plants offered), but both are worth a look, in case you're not finding something you're looking for at one of the sites.