The scoop on 'Jungle Jack's Plumerias'

Jungle Jack's Plumerias

PO Box 2525
Carlsbad, California 92018 (United States)

Phone: 877-527-5256 -toll
Fax: 760-967-1067
Paper Catalog Cost: 13.00

Comments:

Positive magnaastra
Charleston, IL (Zone 6a)
May 4, 2013
I can't understand why there aren't more ratings; this is an absolutely fabulous company, which most certainly deserves heaps of accolades and tons of praise. My three plumeria made it clear across the whole of the continental US with nary a blemish. That's quite a feat, IMO. The plants themselves are freaking AWESOME, dude, huge, beefy, perfect representatives of their kind. I'll be honest, they were kind of expensive...BUT...I really got what I paid for, and more. Not JJs fault that the shipping is high (that's FedEx's doings) no complaints, however, since, as my husband put it, "that guy should be a professional mover!" Huge compliment, indeed, from a guy who could give two rips less about my plant addiction. Bravo, jungle Jack's, and Mr. Ingwersen! Two thumbs up from this chick :)
Positive Msalceanu
Vista, CA
July 21, 2012
Palms, cycads, plumerias, etc... amazing, highly recommend. Great place.
Positive islandgirl37
Marathon, FL (Zone 11)
September 12, 2011
I ordered 5 Plumerias from Jungle Jacks in July 2011. I spoke with John many times and he was always cordial and very helpful. He walked around and picked out my plants while I was on the phone with him. His miniature Divine is just beautiful! I also got a Thumbalina, J-105, Inca Gold, Christina and a Delightful.

I decided to pay the extra in shipping and to not bare root them. They shipped on Monday, arrived on Friday and I was really worried about their trip from CA to FL since the heat index along most of the trip about 100 degrees and over.

They arrived, boxes intact, via Fed Ex. Expect LOTS of styrofoam p-nuts and I do mean LOTS. There were so many we brought the boxes in the house to get the p-nuts out rather than have them blow all over the yard. We slit the boxes down 2 sides to open up the boxes and began filling bags with the p-nuts.

Mine came in 2 boxes, one had 2 5 gallon plants in it, the other had 3 1 gallons. The plants shipped wonderfully, nice job of packing them. No damage at all, other than a few wilted leaves and some yellow leaves from the stress of the heat in the box.

The plants were huge, gorgeous and healthy. I watered and misted them immediately and the next day a few of the yellowing leaves fell off but within a week they were already putting out many new leaves and looked like they had never been shipped.

Honestly, now I am spoiled for life when having Plumerias shipped. The ones from the Hawaii sellers on Ebay and from other places don't even begin to compare with these.

Yes, shipping was high, but his prices are more than fair. These are not small single tipped cuttings, I wouldn't call JJ's Plumerias that I received, rooted cuttings, they are actually plants. Very happy with my first order and I will definitely be a repeat customer. I already have a new wish list ready.

I might try a couple shipped bare root to save on the shipping. His plants are large enough that any broken roots should quickly replace themselves. It's the smaller one tip cuttings that often have trouble reestablishing, at least that has been my experience.

I also want to mention that their selection is large and they have most plants in several sizes from 1-5 Gallons.

I give JJ's company a big thumbs up!