The scoop on 'Mushroom Mountain'

Mushroom Mountain

129 Merritt Rd
Liberty, South Carolina 29657 (United States)

Comments:

Negative damshrooms
Jacksonville, FL
June 25, 2015
I ordered sawdust spawn from several companies at the same time. I received all my orders quickly except from Mushroom Mountain. I waited a few days after I got my spawn from everybody else and still not even a verification on my order so I contacted them buy email several days passed no answer so my partner called them, she talked to a woman named Olga and Olga informed her that the yellow mushroom spawn that was supposed to be in stock, was not and would not be ready for four to six weeks and talked my partner into taking blue oyster sawdust spawn for $10.00 less. But we received 200 plugs which we cannot use (we grow on straw). They charged us for sawdust spawn and shipping (12 pounds) the plugs cost half as much and only weigh one pound. We emailed asking for a refund and return shipping and never received a response. Thank goodness we used Paypal, we had to file a claim with them to get our money back.
Positive jtellerelsberg
Norwich, VT (Zone 5a)
September 30, 2011
I ordered plug spawn for Laetiporus sulphureus, chicken-of-the-woods. My order was filled promptly and the plugs look to be in good condition, thoroughly colonized by the fungus. One reason I went with Mushroom Mountain for this order, instead of Fungi Perfecti which I have used in the past and been happy with, is that Mushroom Mountain carries "true" chicken-of-the-woods, L. sulphureus, whereas FP carries Laetiporus conifericola. Some (but not all) mushroom experts advise to avoid L. conifericola as there is a higher rate of sensitivity to that species. I decided to play it safe. (Also, the logs I had available were deciduous, whereas L. conifericola grows on Douglas fir or spruce.) This species can take more than a year before it produces mushrooms, so it'll be a while before I can say how successful the spawn is in practice in my logs.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]