The scoop on 'Iriswarehouse'

Iriswarehouse

1903 Culver Hill Drive
Williamston, Michigan 48895 (United States)

Phone: 5176559222
Fax: 517-655-9222

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: free newsletter

This company offers a variety of bulbs and gardening supplies and plants and seeds.

Company Comment, posted on February 12, 2012:
We sell over 1000 varieties of iris and daylilies at value prices! Iriswarehouse & Daylilywarehouse are a group of daylily & iris experts, growers & hybridizers who sell excellent rhizomes, plants & supplies and provide supreme customer service! We dig the same morning we package your plants, so you are provided with fresh plants that do not languish in a mailing facility!
Please visit our websites at: Iriswarehouse.com and Daylilywarehouse.com to view our products. Check back with us often as we are continuing to add plants to our site daily!

Comments:

Negative landreyev
Sandyville, WV (Zone 6b)
August 21, 2014
I ordered 5 iris from this company, which I found because they were offering "Coal Seams" at a very attractive price. My order was handled quickly and sent promptly. I opened the well packed box and saw the 5 I had ordered plus a bonus rhizome, "Savannah Sunset". The iris all appeared of good quality with the exception of 1 of the ones I had ordered, "Breakers." This iris was smaller than a marble and attached to a mother rhizome that was already partially shriveled. I broke the small rhizome off the already spent rhizome (no reason to keep it attached) and went out to plant the six I'd received. I am not a complainer and generally do not return merchandise or have unreasonable expectations, but the more I thought about it the more it irked me. I went in the house and checked the iriswarehouse.com website. It stated that if you receive unsatisfactory plants that you should not plant them as you will have to return them to iriswarehouse.com. So apparently I'd voided my ability to return the iris; despite this, I still thought they should know I was unhappy. I sent them an email letting them know the circumstances.

This morning I received a prompt response which was politely worded, however they told me that it was "curious" that I received a small "Breakers" iris because this variety is usually large, and also told me that they photograph each order as it goes out and they would review the photos of my order, I guess to prove/disprove the quality of the iris. They offered to send me a free "Breakers" iris on my next order, which they'd send me an email confirming (haven't received that yet). I am rating this experience negative because:

1.)Maybe I am being overly sensitive, but I feel like they are implying I am making it up that the iris was of poor quality, and that is offensive. Yes, it's probably viable but was clearly inferior. I realize some customers try and get things for free for no reason and/or are unreasonable but I am not one of them.
2.) The return policy is crazy. While I have not complained to any other iris supplier, I have seen from other reviews that other companies refund or replace dissatisfactory iris free of charge for a variety of reasons without requiring a return of a labeled, untouched by foreign soil rhizome. So I'd have to pack it up, bring it to the post office, pay to mail it etc. because they sent me a poor quality item. Seriously?
3.) I was offered a free replacement iris as part of a future order. I am not going to give them more money when I wasn't happy the first time. So they'll fix the problem if I spend more money?
4.) I think with these policies they're cutting off their nose in spite of their face. This iris rhizome was $5.50, retail. If I returned it what would they do, replant it? Come on. I placed a $40 order with them and complained about one of them. I have ordered a lot of iris with no problems up until now from other companies. So they held onto their $5.50 but lost out on more.
5.) There is too much competition for iris rhizome business to treat customers this way and to provide iris of this quality and expect them to come back.

Of course the worst part is that this rhizome was sent in the first place. It should've been left to grow because there is no way it is flowering size for this spring. Problem would've been averted if good quality was sent to begin with. I am still happy to have gotten the "Coal Seams" variety for a good price but it has been a negative experience overall for me.
Positive crowrita1
Lyndon, IL (Zone 5a)
July 25, 2014
Posted on August 8, 2013, updated July 25, 2014
I ordered from this company because I had a gift certificate, and, boy, I'm glad I did! Communication was excellent, they have a great selection to choose from, and I was VERY impressed with the quality of their plants. Daylilies came first, and were large fans, and very healthy, AND a nice bonus! When the iris arrived today, I was DOUBLEY impressed! Nice sized rhizomes, excellent root systems, and, MORE bonus'! I will gladly both recommend this company, AND be back to buy again !...Arlyn
On July 25th, 2014, crowrita1 added the following:

We ordered again from Iris Warehouse, ad ,again was very pleased with both the product, and the service! A good place to do business!!............Arlyn
Positive lovingsplant12
WASHINGTON DEPOT, CT
May 11, 2012
Posted on February 13, 2012, updated May 11, 2012
I just placed an order for daylilies bei iriswarehouse. They have very nice daylilies and great prices.They also are a great company with great customer service. Every time i had a question and they did respond me prompt.
Now i can't wait to see my daylilies in the spring.

On May 11th, 2012, lovingsplant12 added the following:

I just received my 10 daylilies that i ordered early Feb.
All of them look very big healthy and strong roots plus i got bonut plants too. I am very impressed with my order and couldn't be happier. The packaging was fantastic too. They have so many selection of daylily and iris with resonable price. I will definitely order from them again.
Thank you for sending me wonderful Plants.
Highly recommended!!
Company representative comment on February 13, 2012:
On Feb 13, 2012 2:41 PM, Iriswarehouse responded with:

Thank you SO MUCH for your kind note! We look forward to serving you too! How nice to have such a lovely customer!

Positive hooverdam45
Knoxville, TN
January 14, 2012
I ordered two gift certificates and they were beautiful. The site responded very quickly and they have a huge selections so the recipients were delighted. The site is first class. I ordered a dozen iris and two dozen daylilies and not only were they first class, but extra product was included.
Positive likemyflowers
Bloomfield Hills, MI
January 5, 2012
Outstanding selection of Iris and Daylily. The site is very user friendly. I ordered both Iris and Daylily plants. The packaging was excellent and the plants were in wonderful condition - ready for planting,

I would recommend this site to anyone who loves Iris and Daylilies.