The scoop on 'Cape Cod Violetry'

Cape Cod Violetry

587 Shawmut Avenue
New Bedford, Massachusetts 02740-04620 (United States)

Paper Catalog Cost: $2

Comments:

Positive amuseds_garden
Fairport, NY
October 23, 2008
I've done business with John for years now and _highly_ recommend CCV as one of the very best suppliers for any type of indoor or small plant gardening products. I've never had anything but a great experience with any order.
Positive gessiegail
Taft, TX (Zone 9a)
June 20, 2008
I have ordered all my supplies from Cape Cod and their pots are the best! In fact, I have ordered many item from them and would recommend Cape Cod Violetry to anyone. Pots I order by the hundreds.
Positive PlantMomto3
Nevada, MO (Zone 6a)
January 6, 2006
Very good experience, although it did take a number of days to get through to place the order. Very pleasant and friendly. The items were shipped promptly and well packed. Very good prices on vermiculite and perlite. As another stated, I could not believe the low cost to ship these items.

Would highly recommend.
Positive hotmama
Willow Springs, IL
September 9, 2005
I have ordered many times from John Cook(Cape Cod Violetry and have always been extremely pleased with the shipment.Items are meticuously packed, the correct items are shipped, and the shipping charges are probably the lowest in the business. I have ordered three Flora Carts from him as well as a huge amount of violet rings,fertilizers,pots etc. In other words alot of money was spent and its because the price was right, the quality was excellent and John is very pleasant to deal with.

Emails and phone messages tend to go overlooked but, it is nothing major and seems like a petty annoyance after all the good things about dealing with them. I recommend Cape Cod Violetry supplies to everyone.
On May 5th, 2006, hotmama added the following:

Just wanted to update my comments on Cape Cod Violetry. I have bought a fourth Flora cart and have ordered from them nearly every other month since Nov.2004.

Some orders take longer than others but, they are(were) in the process of selling their home , working on that one and also their new one, with John going back and forth between them.

I understand they were hoping to move completely into the
new home May lst.
.I'm sure the shipping and orders will be handled much prompter then they are settled. I can only imagine how difficult it is to move a plant/supply business from one location to another.

John is great with advice and I am very grateful for it whether it be dealing with pests or telling me to buy jiffy 7 pellets(he doesn't carry) locally before the planting season ends and they disappear.

On September 14th, 2006, hotmama changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

I can;t bring myself to give Cape Cod Violetry a negative rating but, I cannot seem to get a response from John Cook no matter what I try.

My last order in May, showed 500- 5"Lavender plastic labels were back ordered (and due in the end of July). I have emailed several times since then, sent an inquiry in a SSAE(as their Violet magazine ad suggested), and left phone message(only get answering machine)..

NO REPLY. I can live without the labels but, I need to know the business is still viable. I want to order very badly. Have not been able to find out anything about John or the business since he moved to New Bedford. There is no second choice vendor as far as I'm concerned and I'm lost without him.

There has to be a very good reason for his failure to answer. I'm hoping Garden watchdog can prompt a response from him.
On January 22nd, 2007, hotmama changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Back on track. I emailed , John answered . Made my first order since May 2006. Got my goodies and I am one happy camper again. Got what I ordered, beautifully packed as usual and I am one happy planter. Just fired off another order.

Besides the big move, there has been a death in the family recent surgery, etc.. Cut them some slack. You won't be sorry.

I sincerely doubt that readers will find a better price ANYWHERE on plastic pots from micro minis to 8", in color choices, rd,std. azalea, pan pots, and hanging planters. OR a lower shipping charge.

My latest shipment (pots,perlite,lime, etc.) 17 lbs. worth cost
$ 6 shp. I've had orders of 30 lbs. of supplies, same flat shipping charge. No minimum order,

The more I read the negative comments in Garden watchdog, the more I appreciate John Cook and his Cape Cod Violetry. Amen.
Positive Jillene
Lexington Park, MD
August 25, 2004
Great selection of white plastic pots. John Cook is great to work with if you have a bug problem. Large selection of pesticides, also.
Positive rayviolets
Worcester, MA
August 7, 2004
I have purchased weekly from this company. I have never been dissapointed.

Purchased African Violet leaves, that are extremely healthy, ships fast and is a # 1 E-Bay seller. Just a fantastic person to do business with.