Calling all writers, especially those who wax poetic! If you have a way with words, here's your chance to put pen to paper and try your hand at writing an award-winning piece for us. Find all the details on our contest page.

The scoop on 'California Seed and Garden Company'

California Seed and Garden Company

13409 Bubbling Lane
Lakeside, California 92040 (United States)

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Comments:

Positive VeiledMaid
Maricopa, AZ
October 1, 2016
I've ordered from this company two years in a row. I am so very impressed! They grow their own healthy plants, sending only the best plants with well developed root systems. They also send seeds that produce the exact peppers I order (which other companies I've ordered from have failed to do) Refining fire chiles will always be a favorite of my family. I'm excited for what this company has to offer next year :D

I'm also happy to see what this company is doing for it's local community. They are truly inspirational.
Negative DaveH
San Francisco, CA (Zone 10a)
June 3, 2012
I ordered black bamboo seeds from California Seed and Garden (a.k.a. Refining Fire Chiles) through Amazon in December 2011. I planted them and got close to 100% germination in just two days, which should have tipped me off. Bamboo seed seldom has anywhere near that germination rate, and usually takes considerably longer to germinate, sometimes as long as 2 or 3 months. After about a month the seedlings looked exactly like . . . grass. I contacted the vendor, who told me he was having problems with his supplier, and he sent me replacement seed from another vendor. This was in February. I planted them, and after 4 months zero have germinated.

For many years I've grown dozens of species of bamboo for the arboretum near where I live, so I have a good deal of experience with bamboo. Needless to say, I will not be buying from this vendor again.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]