The scoop on 'Legg's Peafowl Farm'

Legg's Peafowl Farm

12016 North Stark Ave.
Kansas City, Missouri 64167 (United States)

Phone: (816)-781-4498

No positives

Comments:

Negative buck108
Ocean City, PA
January 29, 2012
Wow, so glad to find a place to warn others about this breeder! Lets see, I had had a pair to of supposed greens shipped out to me on the east coast a few years back and they were definetly spauldings. Please!!!! avoid this breeder. You will not get your money's worth! You will pay a big price for his culls, if you want something truely worth while from him, you better go to the bank and take out a loan. Very dissapointed and once he takes your money and you are not pleased, he will never meet you half way or return your calls or emails.Avoid, Avoid, Avoid. I only bought birds from Brad because I thought he was the most experienced. Buy birds from Texas Peafowl, Rocking B A B ranch, or Tart peafowl you will get great birds at a decent price. Avoid Leggs peafowl Farm!
Negative treebird101
Bedford, IA
January 26, 2012
I first off want to warn people about doing business with the owner of this farm. Well let me see here, three years ago I wanted to start raising different peafowl colors and varieties. Part in part it is my fault for not researching prices and jumping the gun on searching for breeders who were in driving distance. I found the closest breeder of peafowl and it just so happened to be Leggs Peafowl Farm. I called Brad Legg and told him I wanted a pair of white spauldings and he said he had a 2yr pair he'd sell me for $350.00. I thought it was a bit of money but I wanted them so I drove out there. He told me he only takes CASH for his birds, I bet the IRS enjoys that, especially when it was literally quoted to me by another peafowl breeder who said "In all theory Brad has probably made a million dollars in peafowl, but he wouldn't admit that". Now don't get me wrong this other breeder was in no way bashing, it was just his commentary. He was a very nice gentleman to speak with, extremely knowledgeable and respectable. I ended up leaving with a 2yr old emerald spaulding cock and a emerald spaulding hen, who I didn't know at the time was so old she never laid eggs, even in a huge pen while on an excellent diet. I paid $350 for that pair. I decided a week later I better go and get those white spauldings, so I made another trip out there. When we captured the birds, I noticed the hens face was pretty swollen and she had some discharge coming from her nostrils. I asked what was wrong and he said she probably has a cold. I was a little hesitant but he said if I picked up some Tylan antibiotic and gave her a certain amount, she should recover just fine. So with his assurance I bought the birds, again with $350.00 cash. Well, the hen didn't make it through the rest of the winter even after the shots and being put in suitable conditions. She got sicker and died! Also i should have looked closer at the feet when I bought her because her entire back toe was gone on her left foot! I called Brad and left him several messages and he never returned my phone calls. I asked him if he would replace the dead hen and never got a response. I've even attempted calling him periodically over the years, No one ever answers the phone, you always get the answering machine. I can't believe it $700.00 later, I was majorly ripped off. I've since dealt with so many more wonderful breeders who value their customers and take pride in selling great birds. Well no wonder why Brad Legg only takes cash, he can avoid record of ever selling you crap.