The scoop on 'Japanese Maples and Evergreens'

Japanese Maples and Evergreens

7200 NW Mountlake Way
Vancouver, Washington 98665 (United States)

Phone: (360) 909-1969

Comments:

Positive sandersh
Kenosha, WI
February 15, 2014
I recommend this seller. I received two three-year grafted maples (semi-dwarf varieties, beni maiko and winter flame). They were 25" and 31" tall with 1/4" diameter. The shipment was well packaged, arrived quickly after the order, and the trees were in good condition and looked very healthy. I was hoping for a bit larger/thicker trees for the price, but have no complaints at all.
Positive sendylove
Keokuk, IA
November 21, 2013
I am simply thrilled with Japanese Maples and Evergrenes. I have ordered 4 dwarf maples from them, even though I wasn't quite sure how it will work out based on mixed reviews I have read after I already purchased them.
Thanks God, the maples arrived quickly and they were really well packed. It really made me happy that my experience wasn't like some other people claimed it will be, because I got maples that I wanted and ordered.
Besides the shopping and shipping part, I just have to say that people at Japanese Maples and Evergreenswere really pleasant as I contacted them regarding a new order that I had no experience with. They have helped me out, so after I ordered once again, they have sent me a book on how to Grow Japanese Maple Seeds in order to help me out to the max.
I honestly recommend them as my experience was great, these people are very pleasant and easy to work with. I plan on getting even more maples from them.
And even if it happens that there is some problem with the shipment and transportation, I am sure they will help out if the complaint if sent in time. The same thing is suggested for everyone, each and every problem can be solved through conversation, and when it is a great business like this who cares about customers, it is a piece of cake.
S.L.
Positive nitinsharma
galle
Sri Lanka
November 21, 2013
Going through online I ordered 4 grafted Japanese maples from Japanese Maples and Evergreen. What I ordered was of the semi dwarf size which is quite rare and hard to find. I liked the diverse in color and size of the plants which I got. The experience I had with this company was very cordial and the staff was very prompt and attended to my needs t choose from what I wanted. The delivery was timely and the packages reached in good condition,all neatly packed and intact. The plants were all healthy and fit for use.
I was very pleased about it and the costs which went for it too was worth the buy I believe.
Satisfied with the service , I would return for future purchases as I have in mind to catch on some bamboos.
Negative ppryal
RAPID RIVER, MI
November 11, 2013
I ordered 2 Japanese maples from these guys. They were both supposed to be 2 year grafts. One of them was OK, but a bit on the small side. the other one was a 10" high twig with the graft completely falling apart. I e-mailed them twice, they don't appear to have a phone number (I can certainly see why ). I got no response. I opened a claim on paypal but in order to get reimbursed I have to send the tree's back at my expense and HOPE to get paid for my return shipping from them. I seriously doubt that would happen. AVOID these amateurs and buy from only reputable sellers !!

Pat
Positive Propagator77
Lake Purdy, AL
November 1, 2013
Posted on November 1, 2013, updated November 1, 2013
Posted on October 25, 2013, updated November 1, 2013
I issue a strong warning to anyone who considers purchasing from JAPANESE MAPLES AND EVERGREENS. I am a retired horticulturist and greenhouse owner, with a specialization (and special interest) in rare evergreens. I considered sampling their trees. A number of the trees died, primarily at the graft sites. I must wonder now about the seller's level of expertise... clearly more of a seller than a true grower. Over two dozen contacts were attempted over a year's time... yes, that long, and never a word was heard back from the company. Not a drip. I bundled a number of the contacts over two months time before posting on Dave's. In good faith, I cordially attempted to reach them. At this point, and based on consumers' experiences as listed on Dave's website, I must agree with those who have expressed dissatisfaction. BEWARE.
On November 1st, 2013, Propagator77 changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

I favorably revise my comments as the seller 'eventually' contacted me with an apology, and a refund for the indicated concerns. This improved my experience and resolved my original concern. The resolution came after extreme and considerable effort. I sincerely urge the seller to not avoid communicating with customers who have concerns and attempt contact. It would appear that a number of others shared that experience. First contacts I would think are generally congenial. When ignored, a customer becomes inflamed. Props to the seller for eventually rectifying the matter. Please carry this forward with other customers, sooner. There is enough feedback out there now about our mutual experiences with your company. WE ARE WATCHING. Pleasantly surprise us.
On November 1st, 2013, Propagator77 changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Negative sydneysue
Maple Valley, WA
June 23, 2013
Of the ten maples I ordered, one was dead when it arrived and one died within a few weeks. I tried numerous times to contact this company by phone as the contact email address they list on their website does not work. I have never received any response from them in spite of my pleading with them to at least return my call. I am very surprised as they claim to guarantee their products.
Negative treebird101
Bedford, IA
May 11, 2013
I just received what should have been a "Gold Rush" Dawn Redwood but instead it is a plain Dawn Redwood like the rest of the ones I have. I do have 1 "Gold Rush" Dawn Redwood growing and liked it so much that I decided to get another. I figured I would give this nursery a try because they were offering the tree through ioffer.com from "Oregon Nursery" for 29.90 with free shipping. I guess you can't trust a nursery that has to go by several aliases. The tree was nice and healthy but very disappointed in NOT getting a "GOLD RUSH" Dawn Redwood. Maybe they assumed I wouldn't figure it out.
Positive jstar53
La Cienega, NM
April 27, 2013
I've had a very good experience with Japanese Maples and Evergreens. They have a nice selection of dwarf conifers and everything I have ordered has been shipped quickly, the plants are in great condition and the prices and shipping costs are reasonable. Questions via email were answered promptly too.
Negative billhollid
Lake Ozark, MO
November 28, 2012
I ordered two Japanese maples from this company and they were lost in shipping per the USPS tracking info I received. I forwarded that info to Japanese Maples and Evergreen company via the email address given on their website, but they NEVER responded to multiple emails from me requesting that they re-ship and that I would gladly pay again for shipping costs. NO response!!! Total ripoff.
Negative shibagirly
CAMINO, CA
July 30, 2012
I came across these guys on ioffer. I've paided for five trees, but only got four of them. One of the trees I actually received died. All but one arrived in poor condition. One tree showed up looking like a hack graft that they did the night before, with only one tiny little twig glued on. The one that was in good shape I didn't even buy. They accidentally sent me a coral bark maple, which arrived folded over in two small boxes taped together. I emailed them and insisted on paying for the tree. They gladly took the money. Then the next tree I paid for, a three foot Emperor I japanese maple, never came. I paid $19. The charge went through on my Visa, I checked. I tried repeatedly to contact them, but never got a response. I asked them to either refund my money or send me the tree. No response. Nothing. I will never buy anything from them again. The grafts are sloppy. But I guess that's why their trees are so cheap. You get what you pay for.
Neutral cbellwood
Central City, KY
July 14, 2012
Posted on July 14, 2012, updated July 14, 2012
I found out that this company was Oregon Grown Nursery from Ebay stores, by the plant tags that I received on the Japanese Maples that I ordered from them. Some missing tags, stuck inside 3 priority mail boxes stuck together taped in the box with no other packing and boxes smashed in. I ordered several that looked OK. Small and damaged leaves with so- so grafting. The last order had 2 and 3 year old trees. The 2 year old arrived with the leaves totally crispy and the soil so dry it slipped out of the pot, hard as a rock. They could have least watered these before they shipped them in the scorching high 90's and 100 degree temps. across the country. I emailed the company and sent photos. I am waiting on a response to my request to replace that tree. It looked the same size in diameter to the one year old trees earlier and one in this order that I purchased from them. I wasn't totally happy with all the trees that I ordered since I've ordered from Maplestone and Acer on Ebay and felt cheated after receiving their trees in the same weeks ordered from this nursery. Their trees arrived very well packed, undamaged and all leaves alive and thriving. This nursery is hit and miss. I'd say a 50/50 chance of getting a nice looking tree that is healthy looking. I still am leary about placing another order with them since this one came fried and unwatered, with a few others without tags or not looking real good. Not the worst, but certainly not a very good impression that they made on me at all.
On July 14th, 2012, cbellwood added the following:

I made a mistake on the ages of these trees. They were 3 and 4 year old trees and one was 1 year old. Now I'm really disappointed with this order. Still waiting on reply. If nothing by the end of day on Monday, I'll contact paypal.
Positive jrweinberg
Kerhonkson, NY (Zone 5b)
May 7, 2012
Plants shipped quickly. Came nicely packaged and with a nice root system. I also thought their pricing was good.