The scoop on 'Waters J9 Blueberry Farm LLC'

Waters J9 Blueberry Farm LLC

600 Ditney Road
Madisonville, Kentucky 42431 (United States)

Phone: 270-322-9222

Comments:

Negative PoorWolf
Melody Hill, IN
October 7, 2013
I purchased 4 blueberry bushes on 3/30/13, as a final addition to my small garden. I spoke to Ellen by phone, followed her advice as for variety, and rec'd the plants a few days later. Even tho traveling only 50mi, the bushes were shipped loose in a long box, 2 top to 2 bottom, no pots, but unsecured and had suffered considerable damage, broken tops, broken limbs from beating each other during handling. I sent an email in regard to this, and also the fact that the bushes were extremely root bound, the worst I have seen, but wrote her that I hoped to save them. Much work with a knife, fork and chopsticks to try and separate some roots, then to a prepared bed and given special attention all summer. No luck, now in the first week of Oct., 3 are obviously dead, and 1 has a few small live branches at the bottom and I have little hope for it. These were 2 and 3 yr old plants, probably 4 ft tall, not starts. The warranty is for the first 30 days only, so buyer beware. For $80.00 I expected more. They seemed to be old nursery stock, root bound to the point of a solid mass. Not an amateur, but my green thumb didn't work this time.
Positive lorasgarden
West Terre Haute, IN (Zone 6a)
April 19, 2012
I purchased 12 blueberry plants of mixed varieties from this company. Their website is easy to use, and gives a lot of good information about the blueberry plants. When I called with a question, Ellen was very nice and helpful in giving me the information I needed.

I chose to pay by check and mailed it to the company. My plants were shipped the day my check arrived, and arrived over night. The plants were very large and healthy, having nice strong stems and already loaded with fruit! Very detailed planting instructions were included with my plants. I am very happy with my purchase from this company and their customer service. I would recommend them to anyone interested in blueberry culture.