The scoop on 'Smith Nursery Co.'

Smith Nursery Co.

15124 Ventura Blvd #203
Sherman Oaks, California 91423 (United States)

Phone: 818-647-1157
Fax: 866-550-8030

Comments:

Negative rafaelva
Colonial Beach, VA (Zone 7a)
March 10, 2013
In April 2012, I ordered three roses from Smith Nursery, 2 Grandaflora, and 1 Florabunda. I actually received them rather promptly, however, I noted "NO" bud unions. I planted them, and
they grew, very healthy, I guess... they were Red Knockout Roses.
As soon as they bloomed, I took pictures and sent them to Smith.
I received an Email back, advising me they would send the correct roses during their Fall Shipping Schedule, beginning Oct 15th. I was given a phone number, and advised to Call when I was ready.
I called on October 15, 2012, and got an answering machine. I left a message with all the pertinent information, requesting shipment in the Spring. Now, it is March 10, 2013, I called, "phone disconnected" I called the number they sent me, the number posted here at DG. I checked the website address I have, and
used the contact site here on DG, both show "down for Maintenance". I am disappointed to say the least.
Negative DarryllADevine
Ruth, NC
November 12, 2012
Early Spring 2012 ordered 7 cherry trees. Of the 7 that arrived, 5 were dead. (smithnursery order 916). In compliance with their request for photos and me to cut into the bark with photos, they agreed they were quite dead and said 5 would be shipped. 5 arrived, equally dead and once again they requested photos and the scratch the bark photos and yet again I complied, and still yet again, they agreed they were quite dead and promised immediate shipment as soon as the began their Fall shipments (a time that has since come and gone). Repeated emails go unanswered. Calls go to their message machine which says they will re-open over a Month ago and are closed. Messages through their web site go unanswered even though the promise a quick reply. I am now out for the price of 5 trees, with a compnay who will no longer correspond or even offer a refund. I my 64 years I have NEVER had such a poor experience with any company and most definitely WOULD NOT recommend them.
Negative gousa
Newkirk, OK
September 11, 2012
Buyer Beware!! We got 7 bare root trees late in the spring. They were very dry & shriveled when received. We notified them and told them we would try to salvage them. We soaked them and planted them as per instructions to try to revive them and bring them out of dormancy which sometimes takes a while. (We have several mature fruit trees that were bare root) When we contacted them later they said that the 14 day warranty was up. They wanted pictures so we sent those and only 2 walnut trees were alive with a couple of leaves. We were trying to save them money and ourselves time and effort planting. Watch for short warranty times even if you are trying to save the plants that are already dead if you want replacements! They said that if we bought more plants they would only cost 1/2 price. YOU MUST BE KIDDING! Why should I pay for more dead trees.
Positive catherineleal
Mansfield, MA
May 6, 2012
Great roses and quality service. This hard to find rose is for the gravesite of our friend's 25 year of daugther who recently died of cancer. Thanks so much for the healthy rose and great service.
Positive crazylandscaper
Dunnellon, FL (Zone 8b)
April 24, 2012
Posted on April 24, 2012, updated April 24, 2012
I did not order from the nursery but I have to tell you, the customer service is awesome! The lady on the phone answered all my questions about which fruit trees to get for proper fruiting. This company knows how to treat customers! I will order from smith nursery soon!

Happy Gardening Everyone!

Dustin
On April 24th, 2012, crazylandscaper added the following:

I also like their climbing roses!