The scoop on 'The Tree Nursery (tnnursery.net; formerly TN Tree Nursery)'

The Tree Nursery (tnnursery.net; formerly TN Tree Nursery)

12845 State Route 108
Altamont, Tennessee 37301 (United States)

This company is affiliated with Tennessee Wholesale Nursery (also dba D & T Wholesale Nursery; formerly TN Nursery)

No positives

Comments:

Negative ConnieEtter
Martinsville, IN
January 23, 2014
I was so disappointed in my shipment. (I order tons of items online-- addicted to flowers). I searched all over for "Indian Pinks" which took me to TN nursery. I ordered these and hepatica. The hepatica they sent was pretty nice and thrived. The Indian pinks were a "muddy mess". I couldn't tell which end to plant or even what was a plant.

I took photographs which I emailed to them along with asking advise on how to plant. The gal said she would ask the garden area. She did email me back saying. This was how they were suppose to look and to plant them. She ensured me they would thrive. Being hopeful I planted them. Unsure what was the top or bottom (maybe they are growing upside down? Ha). Anyway, not one of the 50 grew.

I am crossing my fingers they show signs of life this year. Like everyone we just want pretty flowers. I did email them a couple weeks ago after receiving a coupon. I explained the plants failed to come up and would let them know if anything came up this spring. I have not heard back from them.

Crossing my fingers I get pretty Fire Pinks this year.

Dear TN, I don't want my money. Just flowers that grow.
Negative rugbycrumpet
Sharon, MA (Zone 6a)
February 28, 2013
I have placed 2 separate orders with this company because I couldn't resist the low prices. And I guess it's true that you get what you pay for in this case.

The 1st order arrived missing 25 hostas bare-roots. I emailed the vendor and their response was "the packing slip showed that they were included". I told them I don't care what the package slip said, they were not there! I did not get any further response from them.

Unfortunately, I placed a 2nd order with the same vendor before I received my 1st order. If I had known about the problem with the 1st order sooner, I wouldn't have done business with them again.

Today, I got a phone call & email from TN nursery regarding the 2nd order. They said that I have provided an invalid mailing address and the package was returned to them undeliverable - they said that if I still want the items, I have to repay the $21 shipping charge. That is absolutely not true! I did provide the correct mailing address. I even have the email order confirmation to show that I gave the correct address - instead, it was a processing error on the vendor's part. I just sent the order confirmations/proof to the vendor and now just waiting for their response. Regardless, I placed 2 orders with TN nursery and had issues with both. I will not be doing business with this company again. Very disappointed.

Negative Laurie777
Renton, WA
November 26, 2012
I WANT TO ADD MY EXPERIENCE TO HOPEFULLY HELP OTHER PEOPLE STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY. THEY ARE ALSO ASSOCIATED WITH QUICK GROWING TREES (WHICH IS THE WEBSITE I BOUGHT MY TREES AND BUSHES FROM). I ORDERED 4 MAPLE TREES AND 4 BUSHES, AND WHAT I GOT IN THE MAIL WAS A JOKE!! THE TOTAL WEIGHT OF ALL EIGHT OF THEM PLUS THE BURLAP SACK IT CAME IN AND THE GOUP THAT THEY PUT ON THE "ROOT" SYSTEM WAS 5 POUNDS! THAT MEANS EACH 5 FOOT "TREE" WEIGHED LESS THAT 1/2 A POUND. THE "TREES AND BUSHES" WERE TWIGS (THAT LOOKED NOTHING AT ALL LIKE THE PICTURES OF THE BAREROOT TREES ON THEIR WEBSITE). AND THEY CHARGED ME $25.00 FOR EACH TWIG! TRYING TO CONTACT THEM AND GET ANY HELP OR REFUND IS COMPLETELY FUTILE, AS YOU CAN SEE ALSO FROM OTHERS REVIEWS. I, ALSO, LOOKED UP THEIR RATING ON THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU WEBSITE, AND THEY RECEIVED AN "F" RATING. I HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE ELSE NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID. THANKS!
Negative GreenThumbTN
Beverly Hills, CA
November 5, 2012
I ordered trees and recieved them dry small and barely any roots...2/3 of all the trees have so far died. I called them and the lady immediately put me off when I tried to ask for help in my tree purchase. She gave me customer service and this guy proceeded to talk to me as if he didnt give a damn about my problem and was unapologetic or sympathized with my situation. Bottom line asked to me to a scratch test on nearly 50 trees and then take photo's of each tree and email all this information to them. Then, the horticulturest would deicide (IF) they would do anything about it. Or I could buy more dead trees for 50% of regular price. I told him the trees have all turned brown and you can clearly see they are dead. He didnt give a shit what I had to say. I hung on them. DO NOT - DO NOT - DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE CROOKED ASS FRAUDS!! YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!
Negative tkinstle
Comstock Northwest, MI
October 31, 2012
DONT BUY, UNETHICAL, UNTRUSTWORTHY

They sent me trees without roots, they tried to twist the story like the trees did have roots and it was my fault they died.

(how things ended)
We guarantee them to arrive in excellent condition.... TN Nursery

Well you did not satisfy the condition of your guarantee; sending me trees missing most of their roots and some of the tops cut off. Me

We did guarantee them to be alive, and they were when you received them. TN Nursery

Tammy, You just keep twisting your story. Please let me know by the end of the day Thursday if you actually are going to do something. Me

.....you can get a 50% discount. TN Nursery

Why would I want to buy more trees without roots? Me
Negative MILLER051603
Clinton, MS
October 27, 2012
I'll just let the following emails speak for themselves!
I do not recall having such a negative experience with any company as I have with TN Tree Nursery.
I did receive a refund for the missing plants. Although TN Tree Nursery insisted they did send the plants. Myself, my wife, and Mother in Law searched the packaging thoroughly. The plants were not in my shipment!
Needless to say, they made me a bit flustered!
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2012 9:10 PM
Subject: Someone submitted the form from your 'Contact Us' page
Someone submitted the form from your 'Contact Us' page

I did not receive my full order. My order of 5 Snow on the Mountain plants were not shipped in my order.I called but could only get voicemails or someone who couldn't help me. I would appreciate someone contacting me on this matter. I have read a lot of negative feed back about this company. So, I am beginning to get nervous about doing business with TN Nursery. I only hope this issue is resolved quickly. Thanks.
Tn Tree Nurseries http://www.tnnursery.net/
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2012 11:21 PM
Subject: Re: Someone submitted the form from your 'Contact Us' page

the negative feedback no where out weights 5600 people we ship to. You may have seen 20 out of nearly 6000- The American Red Cross has worse feedback than us, not even .5%. But people look for bad if they donít get answers I suppose.
Ive searched for your order (im home) and found it. I donít see 1 phone call,1 message, nothing. Ive been in this for 56 years and Ive learned to record calls that comes in and nothings ever been called in from 601-953-1177.
Id like to know what # youíve called. Also when we are not near the phones, I pay $1000 per month to make sure all customerís calls get answered. They always take messages yet you say youíve called and someone couldnít help you- thatís what they are for (to take messages) and I donít see 1. We do not have voicemails at all on any phonelines we have (and we have 11 lines).
I have about 3.00 in 5 snow on the mtn plants (a lot more if I counted my time) and I sure donít think 5 little plants is worth loosing a customer or making someone think we are a fraud company. I will pull your order and make sure you get your plants shipped out monday morning.
Dennis Sons
Tn Nursrry

Sent: Friday, October 26, 2012 11:40 PM

Seriously?
The first number I called was 931-962-4252, I did not leave a voicemail because it instructed me to call 931-692-4837. Whoever answered the 4837 # the person said it was not there dept and they would pass the message along. I did not state I left a voicemail. As to why you can't find my # on your ID- that's is not my problem.
Just refund my card for the "5 little plants" ($17.99). I don't like to give business to people that are rude and unprofessional, which you were very in your email. You should not treat your customers in this manner- but I guess that's why all the negative reviews!

Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:26 AM
Subject: Re: Someone submitted the form from your 'Contact Us' page

we wont be refunding anything.

Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2012 12:54 PM
Subject: Re: Someone submitted the form from your 'Contact Us' page

WOW! So professional! No wonder you have an F rating with the BBB. Not to mention all the bad reviews. I'll expect my 5 snow on the mountain plants no later than Thursday.
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2012 3:43 PM
Subject: Re: Someone submitted the form from your 'Contact Us' page

you may get them. Your smart mouth only hurts you. Ive tried to get along with you. people like you is the reasoning behnd me not fooling with the BBB

Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2012 3:12 PM

CLASSY!
YOU DON'T KNOW ME OR ANYTHING ABOUT ME!YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT SOME ANGER MANAGEMENT CLASSES....OR THERAPY!!!!!