The scoop on 'Pike's Peak Nurseries'

Pike's Peak Nurseries

8289 Route 422 Highway East
Penn Run, Pennsylvania 15765 (United States)

Phone: (724 )463-7747

No positives

Comments:

Negative lwbuchholz
Manhattan, MT
August 26, 2016
I ordered 550 trees from them to use as a wind break. Prices were good till I received my order. I opened the box to be met with a overwhelming smell of mold. I called the company and got a very nice lady who said she would ask about the problem. They did credit back on the trees that were shorted but of all the trees that came very few lived. I couldn't find reference to this but she told me that they dug the trees early while dormant and put them in a cooler till shipping time. Apparently they add the material that keeps the trees damp and it molded. If I had been aware of this I would have had them delivered earlier and potted the trees up. I absolutely don't recommend ordering from this company and wish I knew an honest place to order windbreak trees.
Negative gustfrontfarm
(Zone 5b)
July 3, 2015
Although it was difficult to navigate their very dated website, I ordered black oak trees and lespedeza bicolor shrubs from Pike's Peak in January 2015 to be delivered in mid-March. I was pleased at the cheap prices.

The items were delivered on time. I have years of experience planting bare root trees so I knew what to expect when I opened the package, but I did think they looked slightly crispy for fresh trees. I planted them anyway and crossed my fingers.

None of the oaks leafed out at all. After giving them a couple of months to sprout, I called Pike's Peak in the hopes of either replacement trees or a refund. I talked to a lady who said she'd leave a message for her boss and he'd get back to me. I never heard back.

I buy LOTS of plants and trees via mail order and, in the rare occasion the trees do not leaf out after planting, I have never had a problem getting a company to send replacement trees. Apparently Pike's Peak does not stand by their merchandise. I will be taking my business elsewhere.

(For the record: the lespedezas leafed out, but all but two quickly died. I didn't contact the company about these because they all showed that they were alive at the time I received them.)

Copyright © 2000-2016 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.