The scoop on 'Pike's Peak Nurseries'

Pike's Peak Nurseries

8289 Route 422 Highway East
Penn Run, Pennsylvania 15765 (United States)

Phone: (724 )463-7747

No positives

Comments:

Negative gustfrontfarm
(Zone 5b)
July 3, 2015
Although it was difficult to navigate their very dated website, I ordered black oak trees and lespedeza bicolor shrubs from Pike's Peak in January 2015 to be delivered in mid-March. I was pleased at the cheap prices.

The items were delivered on time. I have years of experience planting bare root trees so I knew what to expect when I opened the package, but I did think they looked slightly crispy for fresh trees. I planted them anyway and crossed my fingers.

None of the oaks leafed out at all. After giving them a couple of months to sprout, I called Pike's Peak in the hopes of either replacement trees or a refund. I talked to a lady who said she'd leave a message for her boss and he'd get back to me. I never heard back.

I buy LOTS of plants and trees via mail order and, in the rare occasion the trees do not leaf out after planting, I have never had a problem getting a company to send replacement trees. Apparently Pike's Peak does not stand by their merchandise. I will be taking my business elsewhere.

(For the record: the lespedezas leafed out, but all but two quickly died. I didn't contact the company about these because they all showed that they were alive at the time I received them.)

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]