The scoop on 'Shady Lane Poultry'

Shady Lane Poultry

PO Box 612
Columbus, Indiana 47201 (United States)

Phone: 812-603-7722
Paper Catalog Cost: N/A

Comments:

Positive knox_co
rural
Canada
March 29, 2014
I had some business with Matt John about 4 years ago. I was impressed with him. He treated me very well.
Positive pathfindersfarm
Williamstown, KY
January 22, 2013
Posted on January 22, 2013, updated January 22, 2013
I have known Matt John since 2004. During all my experiences with him, both business and personal, he has always been a professional. He has gone above and beyond to help me obtain rare breeds of poultry I was attempting to find that were available nowhere else. He has been selfless in his work with various non-profits, including those that were and are involved with youth.

I have no idea what axe to grind the previous poster had with Matt, but his comments are so crazy and over the top as to not be believable to me. Matt is a stand-up guy, and I would trust him with the lives of my children or me at any time. You can have complete faith in him to do what it takes to ensure you will be happy and satisfied with your order.
On January 22nd, 2013, pathfindersfarm added the following:

Also, if you look at the two comments the previous poster has left for people, both have been negative. It would seem that this person is extremely hard to please and has bad experiences wherever he goes. Makes it hard to believe his comments when everything goes wrong for him with every vendor.
Negative alfredlee
Hightsville, NC
September 9, 2012
Posted on June 26, 2012, updated September 9, 2012
I sent shady Shady Lane Poultry $245 for the purchase of day old Rhode Island Reds(RIR), Barred and White Rocks, and White Leghorns chicks(35). This money was sent to Matt Johnson on December 3, 2011. I called Matt on several occassions and nothing. I sent several e-mails and still no response. Finally, Matt responded at the end of May indicating that he could not put 35 eggs in his incubator at one time and that his machine finally broke. He then indicated that he could ship my chicks in the early Fall. I agreed with that. Matt e-mailed me again and stated that he may not have any RIR chicks and would I take Black Australorps? I never knew he sold Australorps. I was kind of fustrated with this ordeal and I requested a refund. I have e-mailed him 3 times already and no response about my e-mail. I don't believe he ever had any chicks to send me, just a total fraud. He claims to be a member of APA and NPIP. Why can't these organizations advocate for innocent consumers and people who wants to be part of raising quality poultry. Personally, I do not care to risk sending these people my hard earned money mail anymore.
On September 9th, 2012, alfredlee added the following:

This shady, dishonest and unscrupulous character Matt John of Shady Lane Poultry Farm is involved in projects that require him to work with young school age children. I must warn parents who may have children that reside with them in the Columbus, Indiana area that could paticipate in a poultry program that is facilitated by that criminal to really scrutinize that activity and talk to their children.