Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

The scoop on 'Bottoms Nursery LLC'

Bottoms Nursery LLC

519 Pullians Rd
Concord, Georgia 30206 (United States)

Phone: 770-884-5661
Fax: 770-884-5662

Comments:

Positive GeorgiaZone8a
Evans, GA
August 15, 2016
Ordered 4 blueberry plants and 1 fig tree from Bottoms Nursery.

First, the good: Prices were very fair, shipping costs were reasonable, the order was processed in a timely manner, and most importantly, I received good-sized healthy green plants. The fig, especially, was a nice specimen for the price I paid. Bottoms Nursery does have a very nice selection of rabbiteye blueberries (including newer, patented varieties) well-adapted for the Georgia area.

Things that could be improved: I found their website to be a bit unclear. I ordered in summer to get the varieties I wanted for fall planting, thinking my order wouldn't be shipped until cooler weather. This was based on information from another part of the website. Instead, I got my order in a week. ;). I was also surprised by receiving the plants because the only e-mail I got from the company was that they received my order and it was pending. No shipping email. So the plants arriving at my door was a bit of a shock. No big deal, they can stay at my place just as easily as the nursery, but like I said, it was a surprise. In addition, the plants were just all thrown in a box. They weren't tied down or anything, leading to a decent amount of broken limbs on the blueberries. But, as stated before, the plants were healthy and a good size overall so the broken limbs are not a significant setback and I just pruned them off.

To conclude: Bottoms Nursery got the most important part right: delivering good-sized, healthy plants in a timely manner at a fair price. Communication, clarity, and shipping could stand some improvement, but I would not hesitate to order from them again if I could not find what I needed locally.
Positive MadCheshireGrin
Guyton, GA
April 6, 2016
Posted on December 9, 2015, updated April 6, 2016
I placed my order for two Japanese Persimmons varieties and 3 Fig varieties at the end of September for a dormant bare root shipment. I received them 12/8/15 and they were packaged well with straw as padding and I only had one broken branch. They ship their bare root trees with full root systems and don\'t hack them apart like some companies do in order to fit in the box which I greatly prefer and there prices are extremely reasonable for the size trees that I received. I planted them immediately after receiving and will update in the spring with their progress but so far I\'m very happy with this nursery.
On April 6th, 2016, MadCheshireGrin added the following:

UPDATE: All 3 of the figs I received from Bottoms Nursery have leafed out and look fantastic and healthy. One of the persimmons has also leafed out and looks great. The customer service was great when I contacted them about the other persimmon, concerned about the fact that it hadn't started to bud yet. They responded quickly and let me know that Japanese persimmons are slower to leaf out but to let them know in a couple weeks if it didn't. Well I checked it again today and the buds are green and swelling. Will definitely purchase from Bottoms Nursery again!
Positive keropie2
Malden, MA
March 19, 2016
The best customer service, Thank you. I purchased 5 Jiro Persimmon and 2 Brown Turkey Figs from them at fair price, I received two them two weeks ago, they are in great shape, they will bear fruit for me next year.
Positive Fishman1
Selden, NY
October 31, 2015
I purchased 2 Japanese Persimmon trees (one Hana Fuyu and one Matsumotowase Fuyu). Both plants arrived quickly, and were nicely shaped and very healthy. The staff was very knowledgeable and was willing to answer any and all questions I had about the plants and even sent photographs so I could see them. I would highly recommend this company to anyone thinking about buying Japanese persimmons.
Negative Lotus2
Marlboro, NJ
July 1, 2015
I bought 11 plants from this nursery online in Feb 2015. They seem to have a good collection of muscadine grapes and berries. The plants arrived in April and I planted them the same day. It turned out that 5 muscadines and blackberries didn't break dormancy and never grew any leaves. The rest are healthy. I contacted them 3 times without any response. It has been 1 month now since I first contacted them, and they chose to ignore the problem. Bad customer service and no quality assurance that is for sure.

Their prices seemed to be cheaper than most online vendors. But with 50% death rate, the price is actually pretty high, not to mention screwing up my plan for the year, and the frustration calling them. Stay away from this vendor if you care about product quality and customer service.
Neutral RobThomas
Readyville, TN
April 13, 2015
This was my first time ordering from Bottoms Nursery. In the past, I've order all my vines from another company. I ordered two 2 year muscadine vines. When the plants arrived, I was surprised at how small they were. Both plants were 10" - 12" in length (not counting roots), and very small caliper. 2 year old vines are usually measured in feet, not inches. It was late in the season (shipping ended the same day I placed the order), so these plants may have been what they had remaining in stock.

I'm giving a neutral rating because even though I think I was over charged and not provided with the older plants I had ordered, the customer service was good. I spoke with a female who was friendly, checked my order, and called back as promised. The plants shipped when promised and arrived quickly. And, the plants appear to be alive.

Positive kwatanabe12
Stone Mountain, GA
March 17, 2015
I ordered a Biloxi blueberry bush from Bottoms Nursery last January and received the plant only three days later.

The plant was in dormancy, but did not have a lot of branches and
I was a little worried that it might not survive. I had it in a hydroponic
bucket under my metal halide reflector, and let it alone for a couple of weeks, but it didn't do anything, so after another week, I tugged on it to see if it had established any roots. It came right out of the soil. I felt bad because I had done the best I could to revive it.

I don't like to complain when one of my mail order plants dies, because it is usually my fault, but called Bottoms nursery customer
service to explain the situation and ask for a replacement.

The manager was very courteous and reassured me that all their
plants are carefully inspected before shipping out. He gave me some advice about what to do in case this happens again with any
other merchandise, i.e. take a photo and call the company immediately if it is not up to standard.

The very next day, I received a beautiful (well branched and several buds) Biloxi blueberry bush by one day mail. I planted it immediately. It is now a month later, the buds have opened and the tree is absolutely flourishing.

I will definitely be ordering more plants from them in the future.

Kate W.
Positive riverfree
Lenoir, NC
April 9, 2012
This nursery is great to do business with. There was a mistake in my ship to address and Matt quickly resolved the problem I ordered several blueberry and blackberry bushes along with 2 muscadine vines. All were of excellent quality and arrived in great shape. I will do business in the future with Bottoms Nursery.
Positive Wolfcastle
West Lafayette, IN (Zone 5b)
February 14, 2012
I placed an order for two Arapahoe blackberries and two Navaho blackberries in the spring of 2011. Since Iím in a somewhat colder climate, they advised me that those two varieties are not particularly hardy and suggested that I go with another varietiesÖbut, as I was really set of those two kinds, I went ahead and put in the order. I really do appreciate companies that try to look out for the best interest of their customers.

All four blackberries arrived well packaged and in good condition. They grew quite well throughout the year, and now Iím just waiting to see if they survive the northwest Indiana winter. Overall, I was quite happy with Bottoms Nursery and would definitely order from them again.
Negative plantkraft1
Forsyth, GA (Zone 6b)
December 6, 2010
My muscadines were scuppernongs! So much for the whole year I spent taking care of these plants and they are not even the right thing!
Positive headnurse
March 30, 2003
Everything I've ordered from this nursery has flourished. They are reasonably priced and most helpful offering advice on what type of tree/plant would do well in your area.

Copyright © 2000-2016 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.