The scoop on 'Daylilies of North Carolina'

Daylilies of North Carolina

1620 Wait Avenue
Wake Forest, North Carolina 27587 (United States)

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Negative Lysne
Ferryville, WI
October 12, 2013
Back when Daylilies of North Caroline was known as HAPPY MOOSE GARDENS, I ordered several daylilies from Mr. Baxter. The plants came in timely fashion and were, while not husky, at least they were plantable daylilies. When they bloomed, I discovered that the most expensive one ($43.00) was incorrect. I called Mr. Baxter. He answered the phone and said he would check to see if he still had the plant and then get back to me. I waited for a couple weeks and tried calling again. No answer. This went on for several more times. Then I tried emailing and, while my emails were received, there was no answer to any of them. In the next couple seasons, I tried on occasion to contact this man. No replies. This summer I discovered the Mr. Baxter had changed the name of his operation from HAPPY MOOSE GARDENS to Daylilies of North Carolina. So I check out the feedback on the former and discovered why he had changed the name. Terrible reviews. Check it out for yourself before ordering. Just to be sure that the man had actually been receiving my emails, I dropped a note to his email address under a name other than my own. HE ANSWERED. Then I emailed again, reminding him of my situation and asking for a refund. NOTHING. I would not advise ordering plants from his man.
Positive dixiedumplin
Riceville, TN
October 11, 2012
Posted on October 8, 2012, updated October 11, 2012
Posted on September 6, 2012, updated October 8, 2012
Posted on August 31, 2012, updated September 6, 2012
I'm posting this for a friend who isn't a member of Dave's. You know if you have to choose between paying to be a member or buying more daylilies you're going to choose the daylilies. She was very pleased with her purchases and they were shipped extremely fast. It seems Bobby is back on track and repairing his previous reputation. Way to go Bobby!
On September 6th, 2012, dixiedumplin added the following:

I received my most coveted daylily, Good Girls Do, today and was extremely pleased with how healthy it was and the amount of fans I received. Shipping was lightning speed and Bobby gave me a little extra time to pay ......which most daylily sellers will not do. Can't wait until next spring to see it bloom. If my ship comes in I plan to order more of his intros.
On October 8th, 2012, dixiedumplin changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

Having a difficult time getting a gift certificate and/or communication from him. He finally emailed me that he'd lost his gift certificate book but would make me one and e-mail it to me. That was 3 days ago. Not sure I want to give someone a gift certificate as a gift if the seller isn't very dependable.
On October 11th, 2012, dixiedumplin changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Bobby emailed me the gift certificate today and made it for more than I had asked.....he truly tried to make it right. I very much appreciate that.
Company representative comment on October 11, 2012:
On Oct 11, 2012 5:07 PM, Daylilies of North Carolina responded with:

I am sorry for that delay. I am always happy to take credit when things go right and take responsibility when they don't go 110%. Gifts are special and we love garden enthusiasts growing our daylilies so allowing me to increase the value of your intended gift is great for everyone. ~Bobby at Daylilies of North Carolina