The scoop on 'Quackin' Grass Nursery'

Quackin' Grass Nursery

16 Laurel Hill Rd
Brooklyn, Connecticut 06234 (United States)

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink

Comments:

Positive ThunderChaseG
Reston, VA
April 7, 2014
I recently placed, and subsequently received, my first order with Quackin' Grass Nursery, and the experience was positive from start to finish. Website was clear and easy to use, and best of all, they carried a deciduous holly I have had trouble sourcing. I received several clear emails after my order keeping me up to date on shipping status, and when the plants came, they were among the best in both size and condition of any I've ever received -- and I've placed a lot of orders over the years with a wide variety of firms. Based on my experience of their selection, service, and quality of plants, this is a nursery well worth trying.
Positive georgekretschma
Dixon, IL
April 4, 2014
I have been a gardener for more than thirty years and typically am a late-order-type of customer. But this year due
to the brutal winter the Midwest is having, and especially in the state of Illinois where I live, I decided to do something different this year an do an early Spring order in February. I was looking for a unique variety of magnolia called "White Rose" and in doing an Internet search, I discovered
Quaking Grass Nursery. While this is a relatively unknown
nursery, they have a nice variety of unique perennials, shrubs, and trees. I found their Internet order site to be well laid out and easy to use. I found the exact item I was looking for and even added three more different varieties of magnolias. I found the prices for these items to be fair and not out of line. At the time I ordered, I was asked to specify a shipping date which I did. Several months have gone by and I am delighted to say, that today--April 4th-- I received my order promptly on the date I requested, actually one day early. Packing in a sturdy box was done expertly. The magnolia trees inside were healthy, 3-4 feet size, in excellent shape--budded and in one case, flowering. My tree purchase from this nursery, that I have never ordered from before,was a delightful and most rewarding experience. I highly recommend Quaking Grass Nursery as a most reliable nursery from which to buy good quality plants. GeorgeKretschma

Positive Sequoiadendron4
Lititz, PA (Zone 6b)
March 25, 2014
Posted on September 27, 2013, updated March 25, 2014
I ordered two hard to find plants (in our area at least) from Quackin Grass this past week. They just arrived yesterday and were in good shape. The plants, one Photinia Villosa, and one Sophora Davidii, both had nice root systems and were a good size. The nursery personnel were very kind and communicative as well as knowledgeable. I would highly recommend buying from them and I would definitely purchase again from this nursery!
On March 25th, 2014, Sequoiadendron4 added the following:

I placed another order recently for more plants. Same as last time, the plants were of excellent condition, well packed, and watered. The two Viburnums I received were in exceptional condition. Wayne really has a great nursery here and I look forward to doing more business with him. He even credited me some shipping money that was unused, which was a really great gesture in my book!
Positive CottageKat
Putnam, CT (Zone 5a)
September 14, 2013
Visited this nursery today and was very pleased with the experience. Owner is very knowledgeable and helpful. Great display gardens to see what the plants, trees, and shrubs will look like when mature. Prices very reasonable. Many plants that are unusual and hard to find. Highly recommend.