The scoop on 'Quackin' Grass Nursery'

Quackin' Grass Nursery

16 Laurel Hill Rd
Brooklyn, Connecticut 06234 (United States)

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink

Comments:

Positive boston33
Walpole, MA
July 1, 2014
I wanted some unusual groundcovers that were listed in this company's catalogue on the internet. I live 60 miles away and decided to make an appointment. Wayne was gracious and a wealth of plant knowledge. The property has a wide variety of 10-15 year old rare trees and shrubs properly sited for optimum performance. The plant material for sale was all in excellent condition. In addition to purchasing the groundcovers, I also bought four small interesting trees. I will continue to buy from Quackin Grass...highly recommend it.
Positive jcane
MOUNT TREMPER, NY
June 13, 2014
i thought i would not order plants by mail again due to negative experiences but i am so pleased that i did. the plants arrived quickly. they were larger than expected and in great shape. excellent customer service. i highly recommend quackin' grass nursery.
Positive rdtjr05
Franklin, TN
May 22, 2014
Just wow. The Deinanthe caerulea (with flower buds!) and Syneilesis aconitifolia were so healthy and so much bigger than I had expected for the very reasonable cost. The Arisaema fargesii is just coming up so I will have the pleasure of watching it unfold.

Wayne wrote me a personal email back acknowledging my order. The packing was first rate. He wrote all over the box letting the Post Office know to there were live plants in it and to keep it out of the hot sun.

Highly recommended! You won't be disappointed in their plants.

Positive primadona
Medina, NY
May 17, 2014
Quackin' Grass rates an A++ in my book. The Abelia had been in a pot, was bagged in plastic and well secured to its box. It's very healthy, and 30" tall, so I don't have to wait a couple years to see results. Wayne, or one of his crew, hand-wrote many cautions in hopes that the carrier would treat it well - "Keep box out of hot sun", "Live plants" as well as "This end up". I almost didn't mind spending almost as much for shipping as for the plant - it came through splendidly.
Positive JetGal
Sugar Grove, IL
May 15, 2014
I found Quackin' Grass Nursery via Google search for Hyd. spp radiata. I was pleasantly surprised with their on-line offerings, especially when I saw they had several plants listed that I'd pretty much given up hope in finding a company that sells them (retail) on-line, but I finally did! I also saw they've received all positive postings on GWD, so I thought I'd give these folks a try.

I received my first order yesterday & I've already let Wayne know that I am so very happy with the plants he sent me. I really appreciated the great care they took in packing & protecting my plants + keeping me updated on order/ship status ...that's so very important.

You should give these folks a try ... I'll definitely be ordering from them again (hopefully sooner than later) because I didn't order everything I've had on my plant wish list.

Thanks Wayne & Quackin' Grass folks!!!
Positive restom
Reston, VA
May 8, 2014
I ordered a Viburnum rhytidophyllum 'Roseum' and three
Glaucidium palmatum from Quackin' Grass Nursery. I'm very pleased with all of the plants. The viburnum is much larger then some others that I received from another nursery.
Positive oscarkat01
Rochester, NY (Zone 6a)
May 4, 2014
I'd been looking for a Clethra Barbinervis 'takeda nishiki' for several years. I found Quackin' Grass Nursery while searching for it online.

I'm very glad I ordered from Quackin' Grass. The plant was shipped at the ideal time for planting. It was literally in flawless condition. I really appreciate the careful attention to the packaging of the plant. It is a lovely specimen that exceeded my expectations.

I like the unique selection of plants and the thoughtful writing that accompanies the plant descriptions/information. I'm looking forward to purchasing from Quackin' Grass again!
Positive dwhyte626
Blanchardville, WI
April 30, 2014
Quackin Grass Nursery has delivered my plants and they are so beautiful and healthy. I ordered Andromeda polifolia "Blue Ice") which are very hard to find. I live in Southern Wisconsin and after enduring a horrendous winter I started looking for The Blue Ice plant in late February. Every company I contacted was sold out but I decided to contact Quackin Grass Nursery and they had this rare plant. The owner was very helpful and I am very happy to give him and his nursery a very positive review.
Positive ts60065
Centralia, IL
April 30, 2014
A few days ago, I made an order with this company. I am very pleased with my order. First, it impressed me that he left a personal note on my invoice thanking me for buying from him. Such things gives a personal touch and it showed appreciation for me as his costumer. Second, the plants arrived in a timely fashion. Third, they reached me well protected. Rubber bands gave the pots support plus newspaper protected the actual plants. I found the dirt nice and moist. The plant themselves appeared very healthy. I planted them the next day under some steps. I put Miracle Grow on them in the evening. The next day, I found the plants appeared a little taller indicating growth overnight. I wrote an email requesting information about the plants and he immediately wrote me answer. I believe this company stands behind excellent costumer care and I will buy from him again in the future.
Positive ThunderChaseG
Reston, VA
April 7, 2014
I recently placed, and subsequently received, my first order with Quackin' Grass Nursery, and the experience was positive from start to finish. Website was clear and easy to use, and best of all, they carried a deciduous holly I have had trouble sourcing. I received several clear emails after my order keeping me up to date on shipping status, and when the plants came, they were among the best in both size and condition of any I've ever received -- and I've placed a lot of orders over the years with a wide variety of firms. Based on my experience of their selection, service, and quality of plants, this is a nursery well worth trying.
Positive georgekretschma
Dixon, IL
April 4, 2014
I have been a gardener for more than thirty years and typically am a late-order-type of customer. But this year due
to the brutal winter the Midwest is having, and especially in the state of Illinois where I live, I decided to do something different this year an do an early Spring order in February. I was looking for a unique variety of magnolia called "White Rose" and in doing an Internet search, I discovered
Quaking Grass Nursery. While this is a relatively unknown
nursery, they have a nice variety of unique perennials, shrubs, and trees. I found their Internet order site to be well laid out and easy to use. I found the exact item I was looking for and even added three more different varieties of magnolias. I found the prices for these items to be fair and not out of line. At the time I ordered, I was asked to specify a shipping date which I did. Several months have gone by and I am delighted to say, that today--April 4th-- I received my order promptly on the date I requested, actually one day early. Packing in a sturdy box was done expertly. The magnolia trees inside were healthy, 3-4 feet size, in excellent shape--budded and in one case, flowering. My tree purchase from this nursery, that I have never ordered from before,was a delightful and most rewarding experience. I highly recommend Quaking Grass Nursery as a most reliable nursery from which to buy good quality plants. GeorgeKretschma

Positive Sequoiadendron4
Lititz, PA (Zone 6b)
March 25, 2014
Posted on September 27, 2013, updated March 25, 2014
I ordered two hard to find plants (in our area at least) from Quackin Grass this past week. They just arrived yesterday and were in good shape. The plants, one Photinia Villosa, and one Sophora Davidii, both had nice root systems and were a good size. The nursery personnel were very kind and communicative as well as knowledgeable. I would highly recommend buying from them and I would definitely purchase again from this nursery!
On March 25th, 2014, Sequoiadendron4 added the following:

I placed another order recently for more plants. Same as last time, the plants were of excellent condition, well packed, and watered. The two Viburnums I received were in exceptional condition. Wayne really has a great nursery here and I look forward to doing more business with him. He even credited me some shipping money that was unused, which was a really great gesture in my book!
Positive CottageKat
Putnam, CT (Zone 5a)
September 14, 2013
Visited this nursery today and was very pleased with the experience. Owner is very knowledgeable and helpful. Great display gardens to see what the plants, trees, and shrubs will look like when mature. Prices very reasonable. Many plants that are unusual and hard to find. Highly recommend.