The scoop on 'Plant Me Green'

Plant Me Green

Plant Me Green has 90 products listed in PlantScout.

2077 S. Jefferson Hwy
Monticello, Florida 32344 (United States)

Phone: (855) 81-PLANT

Company Comment, posted on November 4, 2013:
Thank you for a wonderful year (2013) of growth. We appreciate your business and the opportunity to grow "green" together.

Comments:

Positive p3pner123
Clarksville, TN
August 27, 2014
This nursery has a large selection of crape myrtles & I needed 3 so it was very hard to decide which to order since I wanted them all :) The 3 trees arrived today In excellent condition & A+ on the packingl They are larger than I expected & some even have blooms on them. I will be using them again when I need more trees. Can't go wrong with them.
Positive VillaColina
Austin, TX
July 7, 2014
Posted on July 4, 2014, updated July 7, 2014
I live in Austin, TX. Back in March (2014) our local nurseries sold out of the Caddo pecan tree variety and I was delighted to find the Plant Me Green had them available. Based on the good reviews here, I felt confident in ordering. Once we received the tree, our certified arborist planted the tree immediately upon arrival. He planted it properly according to the instructions and used the included Die Hard Transplant medium when planting the tree. My husband and I took very great care to water the tree according to instructions, but sadly, the tree has not survived. We waited until June 4, 2014 to contact Plant Me Green because we were holding out hope that the tree might spout a few leaves, but no luck. Plant Me Green has a replacement policy, so I emailed the Mr. Roccanti on June 4, 2014 and, although he requests two photos for documentation, I sent 5. I have never received a response to my request for either a refund (preferred) or replacement from anyone at Plant Me Green. It is now July 4, 2014, and I have emailed them again, including the original request with photos that I had sent on June 4. Given the positive reviews here, it is deeply disappointing that Mr. Roccanti has not even responded to my emails. I have given this company a neutral rating for now. I will followup with a change in my rating of this company based on the response I receive or the lack thereof. Given that this company has not responded in a month's time to my original request, I am not confident that I will receive a response.
On July 7th, 2014, VillaColina changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Update 7/7/14: I received a phone call from a customer service rep at Plant Me Green this morning. The very nice and helpful person offered to ship another Caddo pecan tree today and will include two packets of the Die Hard Transplant medium to give the new tree an extra boost to alleviate any transplant shock. In addition to the phone call, I also received a follow-up email confirming the shipping. I am most happy to join others who have given Plant Me Green a positive rating and I'm very pleased with Plant Me Green's customer service.
Positive FrontierMan
Dickson, TN
May 15, 2014
I live in Dickson, TN. I found Loblolly pine trees on plantmegreen.com (located in Florida) and decided to place an order. After reading so many negative reviews about so many nurseries I really didn't have my hopes up.

But PlantMeGreen.com delivered! They shipped out two Loblolly pine trees and they arrived about 3 days later. The trees were in GREAT shape, were packaged very well, and had been watered thoroughly.

I planted them a day later and they both are thriving.

I ordered two additional Loblolly pines this past Monday. These arrived on Wednesday! Again, they were in perfect condition and packaged with great care!

The customer service has also been great. They took the time to send me pictures of some of their pines and let me choose the ones I wanted to purchase. They also offer free shipping on orders over $100.

All in all, I have had two great experiences, and have four new and healthy pine trees (4-5ft tall) in my yard.

I will definitely purchase from them again.

Positive pat_easton
Covington
January 7, 2014
I just received by bare root purchase from Plantmegreen and I was very happy. The trees where bigger than expected and bigger than advertised. A very good bargain. Well shipped and timely also. I would recommend them and will be ordering from them again when I need more plants and trees. Pat
Positive trackinsand
mid central, FL (Zone 9a)
October 2, 2013
totally impressed! just ordered Liriope Silvery Sunproof (13 of them) a few days ago and they came fed ex today. they are huge!!! big root systems too.
i am very happy and this won't be my last order from them.
great communication too.
Positive jhbowman
New Orleans, LA
September 5, 2013
Posted on November 6, 2012, updated September 5, 2013
Thank you, for getting my four pecan trees to me quickly and for such a great price - 4 pecans for $100 - they look great out in my yard. Very happy with the product that I got. I have never seen this 4in x 4in x 10in pot before, but the roots looked good and it transplanted well. Your online video on planting and pruning also helped me since these are my first pecan trees. If these take and do well, I plan on ordering more next fall again. The person I talked with on the phone was very polite and did not make me feel stupid or rushed. Thank you.
On September 5th, 2013, jhbowman added the following:

It was been 10 months since my first order from plant me green. I have since made 2 more purchases. The trees continue to look wonderful and arrive within a week of my online placement. I just wanted to add, that I decided to try some more pecan trees. This time I got them in a larger pot. They called it a #5 but it was a 5 gallon size and the trees were 5 feet tall. All the trees got planted and watered and they look healthy. JB
Positive mrstjohnson
Winter Garden, FL
July 24, 2013
I recently purchased some potted pecans from Plant me green. My husband and I are very happy with the large trees that we received. They were well packaged and shipped quickly. This is the third purchase we have made from this nursery in the last few months and all of our trees and plants have been larger and healthier than we expected from a mail order nursery. It has been a pleasure planting this year.
Positive dennyboy34
Yonkers, NY
June 20, 2013
Ordered a #5 potted Okame Cherry tree. Arrived in a reasonable time and packaged well....was in fine condition after a 1000 mile trip. Pricing was reasonable. Would recommend & use again.
Positive DonaldLindsey
Havana, FL
March 20, 2013
I have purchased from Plant me green 3 times this year. They have shipped me quality trees each time. My new peach tree has already flowered and now has its first fruit. I have recommended them to my friends and family already and so I would recommend them to you also.
Positive vossner
Richmond, TX (Zone 9a)
December 16, 2012
I am so impressed with this company, their website and the plants they send. I was looking for persimmons and ended up getting some nice pecans as well. The shipment arrived in a blink. Enthusiastically recommend.
Positive JDogKelly
Thomasville, GA
December 12, 2012
I purchased 6 bare root 2-3 ft trees from plant me green and I don't know if Houdini works there or not, but I ordered the trees just before I took lunch on Tuesday. My mother calls me on Wednesday and says that fedex just dropped off a huge 10 ft box at my house. Mom lives right behind me. So, I think and say, I didn't order anything. Except some little pecan trees that should be here next week sometime. So, I then went and checked by email and sure enough they had sent me an email with a fedex tracking number and everything. Well, I don't know how they got them to me so quick "Houdini maybe", but they were like 8 ft long. I guess, I will have to just dig bigger holes. Thanks plant me green, J Dog.
Positive CarolynNeal
Asheville, NC
November 29, 2012
I purchased 4 Oconee pecan trees in a 5 gal pot from plant me green because they where the only place I could find that sold pecans in a pot (everyone else wanted to sell me bare root). I called their main phone number and was very pleased with the phone support I got. Richard, was very helpful in answering my many questions about pecans and potted vs bare root.
Positive trseymour72
Orlando, FL
October 31, 2012
I purchased 1 little Tonto crape myrtle from plant me green. My Tonto was delivered to my home in Orlando, just 3 days after I ordered it. The box looked like Federal Express had abused it, but to my surprise the tree was in good shape. I planted it about 4 weeks ago now, and it looks like it is doing well. I was pleased with the service I received on such a small order (< $30). Thank you, Teresa.
Positive jtcullen
Memphis, TN
October 29, 2012
I ordered two 5 gal pecan trees late on a Saturday night. I got an email on Monday saying that my pecan trees had shipped with a FedEx tracking number. They arrived at my door 2 days later. I was happy with the size of the trees. About 6 ft tall and healthy looking. I planted them about 3 weeks ago now. I would order from Plant me green again. I shopped on line for about 2 hours, before I found what I wanted that was instock at a reasonable price. JT from Memphis