The scoop on 'Living Gardens'

Living Gardens

Living Gardens has 339 products listed in PlantScout.

Marlborough, New Hampshire 03455 (United States)

Phone: 1-855-584-4736

This company offers a variety of bulbs.

Company Comment, posted on October 7, 2014:
Living Gardens® is continuously expanding our list of Dutch master growers, including H. M. Meeuwissen

New for Fall 2014:

- Offering the largest selection (over 200!) of Daffodil varieties in the USA
- Over 50 varieties of Species Tulips – more than any other US seller
- Exclusive customization for potted amaryllis – choose your variety, quantity and container
- Garden bulbs hand selected and bagged the day they ship to you
- 25+ year wholesale history serving the best gift & garden catalog companies

Comments:

Negative vossner
Richmond, TX (Zone 9a)
December 18, 2013
I responded to an ad on this site and purchased 3 mini amaryllis, Pixie. Shortly after placing my order I received an email advising that my selection was not avail and offering options to get another or get refund. I chose replacement and what I received was not what I selected. Had to call them again to get this straightened out and while I did get my selection, the 3 bulbs were mush and roots were totally moldy. I am an experienced gardener and do not believe these bulbs will make it but I planted them, in the hopes they will survive. If they do, I will change my rating to neutral. I don't think it can ever be positive as while the staff seems eager to please, their inventory or their procedures just aren't up to speed. The whole experience was a big hassle. I cannot recommend this company.
Company representative comment on December 19, 2013:
On Dec 19, 2013 9:53 AM, Living Gardens responded with:

Dear vossner,

Thank you for posting your comment. Although negative it is highly appreciated and an opportunity for our company to learn, educate and to regain your confidence in Living Gardens.

You have experienced two challenges that we have been up against lately. The Pixie amaryllises were a result of our very reliable South African grower who made an error in shipping us the incorrect product and unfortunately discarding Pixie after years of product development. Upon receipt of all amaryllis we take one of each variety and begin forcing right away to test quality, stem and flower count. When Pixie bloomed we immediately contacted all customers as you mentioned in your comment.

This has been a late fall of extremely cold conditions here in New Hampshire and throughout much of the Northern states which will result in some replacements of our products. The bulbs you have planted I believe have seen cold damage in transit and will not bloom.

Please email our customer service at wecare@livinggardens.com and mention your comment. I apologize for the extra efforts on your part but ask that you get in touch with us to make this this right which we will do. We look forward to hearing from you!

Best wishes for the holidays. Dale LG

Positive Marilynbeth
Hebron, KY
October 27, 2013
I'm a new customer and placed an order. After receiving it, I placed another order.

Very happy with the bulbs, customer service and prices. As the others stated, the bulbs are huge!

Fast shipping!

Thank you for the Chionodoxa bulbs gift with each order!

I'll be a returning customer!
Company representative comment on October 28, 2013:
On Oct 28, 2013 7:09 AM, Living Gardens responded with:

Dear Marilynbeth, Thank you for the kind words. Dale LG

Positive 21045
Highland Acres, DE
October 24, 2013
Today I received my first order of daffodil bulbs from Living Gardens. They are HUGE! What a joy to get top notch high quality bulbs from this company. Having ordered from other companies, the sizes can vary greatly, but these by far surpass the other companies. Bravo, Living Gardens. I will be doing future business with you.
Company representative comment on October 24, 2013:

On Oct 24, 2013 2:12 PM, Living Gardens added:

Dear 21045, Thank you for taking time from your day to post this comment. Our company looks forward to meeting your upcoming gardening needs. Thank you. Sincerely, Dale LG

Positive nevadagdn
Sparks, NV (Zone 7a)
October 14, 2013
Posted on October 7, 2013, updated October 14, 2013
I just placed an order online with this company. The website was easy to use (well, as easy as any online merchant, really), and they have some interesting bulb offerings, particularly in their Narcissus and Hyacinth selections. Prices seem okay--not horribly expensive, but not extremely cheap. I'll report more once the bulbs arrive.
On October 14th, 2013, nevadagdn added the following:

Bulbs arrived today: very nice, fat, healthy (not stripped of skin, mushy or excessively bruised), heavy bulbs. They sent a bonus of some Chionodoxa bulbs, which are much appreciated.
Company representative comment on October 15, 2013:
On Oct 15, 2013 7:00 AM, Living Gardens responded with:

Dear nevadagdn, Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our company looks forward to serving you in the future. Sincerely, Dale LG