Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

The scoop on 'The 200 Acres Store'

The 200 Acres Store

1749A CR 1900 N
Arthur, Illinois 61911 (United States)

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: n/a

No positives

Comments:

Neutral kindan
Solon, IA
August 17, 2016
On July 7th I placed an order with The 200 Acres for three different varieties of squash seeds. They had one that I had been looking for everywhere (Cucurbita maxima 'Red Eye'), one that I thought might be interesting (Cucurbita maxima 'Bush Baby') and finally one that I just thought I would get on a whim to see how it would turn out (Cucurbita andreana). I was able to place the order and pay via PayPal fairly easily and didn't think anything of it for a while.

By the time July 18th had rolled around there was no package of squash seeds, and I grew a little concerned. I emailed the address for the store listed on their website asking for an update because I didn't know if they had been shipped, and I wanted to prevent the seeds from sitting in a hot mailbox if I could find out when they might arrive.

When I didn't receive a reply to my email, I emailed the address on the original confirmation email on July 26th asking them again for an update on the order because it had not arrived yet. I wasn't sure if maybe there was some issue with one of the email addresses so I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt. I received a reply the same day indicating the order had shipped out earlier that day, but nothing ever arrived in the mailbox.

I replied to their email again on August 3rd hoping to follow up about the shipping because I wouldn't have expected it to take so long to travel from Illinois to Iowa, but I never heard back from them. It was at that point I checked my PayPal about reversing the payment, but I discovered the payment authorization had expired or lapsed.

I didn't end up receiving the seeds I had hoped to purchase, but I also wasn't out any money either. I'm not sure what happened with this transaction because it's been difficult to receive replies to my inquiries. They have a lot of great squash seeds on their web site, and I would hate for other people not to be able to enjoy them as well.

Copyright © 2000-2016 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.