The scoop on 'Tropical Plants & More'

Tropical Plants & More

Tropical Plants & More has 72 products listed in PlantScout.

129 Tuxford Road
Starkville, Mississippi 39759 (United States)

Company Comment, posted on February 9, 2013:
I am a hobbiest grower, living in NE Mississippi (Zone 8A). I grow and sell numerous tropical plant species but specialize in orchids, staghorn and elkhorn ferns, bromeliads, and plumeria. Check out http://www.tropicalplantsandmore.com to see what I have avalable.

Comments:

Positive PeggyOW
Lady's Island, SC (Zone 9a)
November 29, 2014
I recently purchased several orchids from Tropical Plants and More. Honestly, these were probably the nicest mail-order plants I have ever received. They were large and healthy, in perfect condition. Also the owner, Ken, was happy to answer my questions and gave me some very helpful information.
Positive vossner
Richmond, TX (Zone 9a)
August 13, 2014
His love and knowledge of plumerias, bromeliads, tillandsias, orchids is evident in the plants he sends, communications, website. Great person/company with whom to deal.
Positive Lorli2
Cooperstown, NY
August 3, 2014
Posted on May 10, 2014, updated August 3, 2014
I received my first order from Tropical Plants and More and I couldn\'t be happier. The plants are all very big and healthy and arrived promptly. Ken has a really beautiful collection of orchids and he is so helpful and nice. I have already started planning my next order!
On August 3rd, 2014, Lorli2 added the following:

Since my original comment, I have had two or three more shipments of orchids from Ken. They seem to get nicer every time. One was in spike and arrived in perfect condition.
Ken has been more than helpful; he answers all of my questions so quickly and thoroughly; his love of orchids shines through his website and every communication.
And speaking of his website (easy to use, great quality pictures) - it is TOTALLY irresistable!
Positive Txtea
Fabens, TX (Zone 8a)
July 2, 2014
I was looking for a plumeria and Ken, had some offered. I must say I bought one from him and am so pleased with it. He is very kind and helpful with selecting a plant. He sent me one that was so beautiful it is hard to believe. So well packaged including a photograph and growing instructions a person would think you were dealing with a major plant operation. If you are looking for wonderful tropical plants check him out. Thank You Ken.
Positive Bodden
St Augustine, FL
January 27, 2014
Just a delight to deal with!!! With a bad economy, low store inventories and small specialty nurseries out of business purchasing on the internet has become a part of life. And it can be a very frustrating experience. But, Ken has made purchasing plants such a pleasure I don't believe I will look anywhere else. His plants are well established, healthy and at least of his orchids are quite large for the price he charges. The most important aspect is the customer service, Ken is more like a helpful friend that an internet business. He is always willing to answer questions and give helpful suggestions. It is a comfort to have knowledge and experience available when you need it.
Positive in2art
Bellevue, WA (Zone 8a)
November 4, 2013
Efficient shipping, packaged and marked nicely. Sent bonus of printed aftercare instructions. Highly recommended.
Positive Roly0217
Miami, FL (Zone 10b)
October 24, 2013
The plants arrived in great shape. Great communication and fast shipping. A pleasure to do business with this company. Will hear from me again.
Positive summerkid
Rose Lodge, OR (Zone 8b)
October 7, 2013
Absolutely love this company. Small enough to be uber-responsive and yet as professional as they come.
Positive alday
Center, TX
October 5, 2013
I was amazed at the promptness and quality of the plants. This site has quality products. I would buy from them any time. Alda
Positive evelyn_inthegarden
Sierra Foothills, CA (Zone 8a)
October 4, 2013
The plants that were sent were the largest I ever receive by mail order. Laminated color labels, with instructions, quick and excellent packaging. What a nice way to introduce your nursery with such high quality samples of cannas and ginger. Thank you, Ken! AAAAA!!!
Positive ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX (Zone 9b)
October 4, 2013
Absolutely a delight to deal with and the plants are A+++++. The roots on the Canna and Gingers were amazingly huge.

I have grown some for years that don't compare to the ones Ken sent. I absolutely will do business with him again.
Positive Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM
October 4, 2013
Both canna and ginger were packaged exceptionally well. Even though the plants were free, the care that was taken in how he presented his company by sending quality plants , laminated labels, complete instructions included. Very well packed. And I can't say enough about Ken. Just very well represented all the way around. Thank you Ken.
Positive Tropicman
Bushland, TX (Zone 6a)
October 4, 2013
I bought some cannas and ginger from Ken,nice size plants and in very good condition,I will definitely purchase from Ken again.
Well packaged and fast response on delivery as well,so check him out before you buy anywhere else to see if he has just what your looking for,you won't be disappointed you did.
Positive critterologist
Frederick, MD (Zone 6b)
May 20, 2013
I enjoyed the whole process of purchasing from Ken! He's very passionate about his plants and willing to educate novice growers like me at the drop of a hat.

I purchased 2 plumeria cuttings from him, and when he says a cutting is "nice & plump," well, I was just amazed at the cuttings I got -- over an inch in diameter and a good 18 inches in length. One had a developing inflorescence, and he wanted to give me every chance of seeing that one bloom. He packed that tip in bubble wrap, egg crate, more bubble wrap, and packing peanuts. I don't think that cutting knew it had been shipped, LOL.

I also bought a Tillandsia from him, a beautiful creature, exactly as he described and looking far more likely to survive than my Philly Flower Show specimens.

I didn't purchase any of the orchids that I think are his main love, but I did enjoy drooling over the photos on his website!