The scoop on 'SeedsNow.com'

SeedsNow.com

P.O. BOX 1820
Thousand Oaks, California 91358 (United States)

Phone: 1-877-344-4669

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Comments:

Negative seamripper
Houston, TX
May 24, 2014
I placed an order on the 15th for about $15.00 worth of seeds. My computer's auto address fill in put my old address which I could have sworn was deleted. I was so excited to order my seeds I didn't think twice since I order online all the time and never have an address issues. Anyway, it was my error for not checking, I admit that. My issue is in their lack of customer service. I have called 6 times, left 4 voicemails, send 2 emails and 2 public FB posts. Not a single response. I see them posting all the time and commenting on other people's posts but they are ignoring mine. If there is a live person there, they are choosing to not help me. I have already called USPS, my local PO, and gone to my old address, which has since been torn down. USPS keeps telling me to check back the company I ordered from. I can't get anyone to call back! So I just threw away $15.00 for nothing.
Positive botanierra
Vernon, WI
March 10, 2014
A pretty much perfect experience. I don't know how it could have been better. We ordered 88 packages of seeds. Free shipping cause it was over $50. Came VERY quickly. I seriously think every single seed planted so far has sprouted. Amazing quality! I LOVE the 99cent deals. Who needs 250 broccoli seeds? The 99cent pack has 50. Organic. Non-GMO. Heirloom. What's not to love? I will be telling all my friends.
Positive bacardi870
Casey, IA
March 6, 2014
After putting in a $240 seed & supply order from johnnys seeds...I still felt like I didn't have everything in the way of seeds because I didn't want to pay $ 4 for a pack just to try a few seeds. Then I saw a comment on a website about seedsnow's sample packs. WOW 99 cents for packs that were geared towards a gardener who wants to try new things.

I was really happy when I ordered late Friday & it was processed monday in California and showed up Wednesday in my Iowa mailbox.

And this was a good sized order. I ordered 56 sample packs. But was able to qualify for the free shipping after $40 and a coupon code that saved me 10 percent. For the 56 items I ordered I paid total of $46 and was pleasantly surprised to see they threw in a free pack of endive and several coupons for my next purchase. Nice.

It came in a nice bubble protected envelope. The packs of seeds were all in nice, heavy, clear zip lock pouches that had a picture of the plant, germination rates & times. They included a print out of my order that included pictures of each variety that was hand chked and even had a hand written "thank you. Happy Planting!" And a smiley face :)

I was really rather shocked after I started looking at some of the packs as compared to Johnnys. There were two in particular that caught my eye. The first was the pepperoncini that I had ordered from both companies. From seeds now.com I received 20 seeds for .99 and from Johnnys I received 30 seeds for $4. And actually Johnnys is backordered so im still waiting on that one. The second variety I ordered from both companies was Bouquet Dill and same thing....almost the same amt of seeds for a quarter of the price.

I ordered those two varieties bc I wanted to compare then thru the season. So far I have no reason to think seedsnow seeds won't preform just as well as johnnys but for much less. I will comment again in fall.

Honestly I wish I had looked around more before I took motherearth.coms advice on the best seed company to use and tried seedsnow first. They seem like a really efficient and well put together company that charges a more than reasonable price.

The only thing I wish they would do is revamp their website bc it really just contains the most basic of information.

I will definitely be looking at seedsnow first next year.

Negative tomtara
Pittsburgh, PA
February 27, 2014
I placed an order and one of the items I received was incorrect. I called the number provided on their website a couple of times, but I keep getting a message that no one is available and to leave a message. The second time I called I left a message, but no one ever got back to me and this was well over a week ago. I also sent them an email and again no response.
Positive spydarop
Oak Park, IL
January 1, 2014
Ordered for the first time from this store about a month ago. The website is pretty fun to shop on. I used the Seed Finder heavily. They have 99-cent sampler packs, many of which had generous amounts of seed (e.g. 280 seeds of Little Fingers carrots).

Seeds arrived on time, and were labeled nicely. So far all I've grown is alfalfa sprouts. They sprouted very well, so I'm confident everything else will do the same.

Positive wmpeebles
Spring, TX
February 19, 2013
I was surprised this company wasn't already on the Garden Watchdog when I received my order of seeds because they are deserving of some recognition. Usually I peruse the Watchdog to find seed suppliers that I can trust, but when I was referred to buying seed here from several people on Facebook I couldn't resist trying SeedsNow.com out!

At first glance, they don't have much in terms of rare or unique seeds, but I did find great joy in the 99 cent sampler packs which I found to be perfect for my purposes. I have a small garden and these sampler packs are cheap and sufficient so I'm able to plant enough of what I want and not have to be stuck with a bunch of extra seed. They also sell packs of seed in Medium and Large sizes, being able to accommodate gardens of many sizes. However, I'm not sure if they sell wholesale or not.

I placed my order of seeds on Friday 2/8/13 and received them the following Friday on 2/15/13. The shipping was slower than the shipping I received on two other seeds orders I made on the same Friday (2/8), but then again a week from placement of order to receiving it in the mail is still pretty good timing and the other seed places are located in different areas. So I'm not complaining here.

When I opened my package of seeds I was impressed. The seeds were beautifully packaged and organized in a bubble-wrapped mailer along with a free (and unexpected) 'Large Red' cherry tomato starter pack which also contained one coir pellet. It also contained a coupon for another order, but I can't recall what it mentioned as it accidentally got thrown away. Nonetheless, the neat packaging and the free cherry tomato seeds were nice touches even though they definitely weren't necessary. The invoice was also notably marked up with two check marks (one in blue marker and one in blue pen) by each seed packet I ordered, indicating that they took the time to ensure my order was correct, which I appreciate.

Some other things to note that I found interesting is that all of their seeds came shipped in small, relatively thick plastic bags, labeled with the name and picture of the seed as well as approximate number of seeds in each package with estimated days seeds take to germinate. What I found pretty unique was that they also listed germination rate and purity followed by the month the seed was tested. Frankly I'm not sure what this all means. Out of the 13 packages of seed I received all of them listed germination at 85% and purity at 99% with months of seed being tested as far back as June of 2012 (Fennel), but most seed was tested December 2012 and January 2013. I appreciate this unique information, but I'm not really sure how to use it. Perhaps if they are going to include this information on the seed packages, maybe they could explain their testing procedures and methods as well. It would seem fitting.

But nonetheless, I'm pleased with my order and I'm sure I'll order again in the future. I definitely recommend this company to others who are hoping to buy seed at a very reasonable price!