The scoop on 'SeedsNow.com'

SeedsNow.com

P.O. BOX 1820
Thousand Oaks, California 91358 (United States)

Phone: 1-877-344-4669

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Comments:

Positive tracyvinson
Okeechobee, FL
December 21, 2014
I was new to the site and was prompted by Monica to see she could help me in any way. She was very helpful and pleasant. She made my experience a well informed one and also made it enjoyable to get some answers which isn't always the case. I was already excited to deal with a company that was promoting non GMO products and now I feel even better about it, because it seems their customer service is wonderful as well. Thank you Monica for your time and information. I look forward to many dealing with this company! Happy Customer, Tracy
Positive ceegee607
Richmond, VA
December 19, 2014
I ordered from Seedsnow after reading the reviews on this site. I am so glad that I did. My order arrived quickly. It was well packaged and it was correct.I like the personal touch of hand writing me a Happy Holiday and Thank you. I will be using them again.
Merry Xmas and Happy New Year
Ceegee
Positive dkgsSpace
Murfreesboro, AR
December 19, 2014
I have made 3 different orders from SeedsNow and have no problems. The products are of good quality and have always been satisfying for me. Will continue use this company.
Positive m_morales
Winnetka, CA
December 19, 2014
SeedsNow donated a very generous amount of seeds to my club organization for my school. We were very pleased with their donation and their products have worked wonderfully. My colleagues were very happy with the results! We Love SeedsNow!
Positive countryseed
Collinsville, IL
December 19, 2014
First time order here, arrived quickly, packed well ..I 'm pleased with my order.....
Positive Kyshietahla
Ellabell, GA (Zone 8b)
December 19, 2014
Ordered from this site about two weeks ago or so on a whim though I had been poking around through their content for months now. I tried growing things from seeds at local store (Home Depot) however wanted to try something known to be pure. I haven't had a chance yet to grow the seeds but they come in tiny clear ziplock bags with individualized labels for each. I intend to try to grow from these seeds and use the same packaging for storing some for next season. The shipment was delivered super quick and along with the raised beds that I got everything looked great and had great quality. One of the raised beds I ordered was out of stock in the color I chose and they called me to confirm a different color or to not get the item at all. I selected an alternate color and the package arrived a couple of days later. Couple days after I received it I got an email from them asking how everything was and if I was satisfied. I am greatly pleased especially since when I replied to the email with some questions about some other items they sell I got a response within 2 days. The layout of their site and the presentation of the articles and guides is especially great for those like me that are new to gardening. From someone that works in customer service, I have nothing but rave reviews for this site and those that work there.
Positive GreenLab
Torrington, CT
December 18, 2014
Of all the seed vendors I've purchased from through the years, seedsnow.com is hands down the most reliable. Their shipping is lightning quick, they have everything I'm looking to grow and the proof is in the pudding - their seeds definitely sprout. The customer service is top tier. Their website is comprehensive, yet easy to navigate. And to top it all off they always throw you a sampler of something new to try when you place an order.
Positive lesa814
Killeen, TX
December 18, 2014
I live in Central Texas and I have ordered my seeds from seeds now for two years. They have always be very easy to work and send emails once you have received your order. I would personally tell anyone who ask me where to get their seeds, to order here. So if you all from fort hood area, wonder where to get seed that actually grow and need a good company to trust.START HERE... Seeds Now is the best I love them.
Positive Sarahjeanne
Gary, IN
November 28, 2014
This company is amazing! You receive your order so fast, it's always correct, the people who answer the phone are sweet and very helpful!! I won't order from anywhere else! They'll have my business forever!!
Positive Bonchi
Hutchinson, KS
November 18, 2014
This by far has been my best experience with a seed company online! My seeds have done especially well. Costumer support is amazing! They helped me with all of my questions. Just wanted to take time and give thanks.
Positive MarkinCT
Danbury, CT
United States
November 15, 2014
Mike was very pleasant to email with and I now have a nice variety of heirloom tomato seeds to work with for the spring for very little money. Good experience all around. Fast shipping.

Mark in CT
Negative seamripper
Houston, TX
May 24, 2014
I placed an order on the 15th for about $15.00 worth of seeds. My computer's auto address fill in put my old address which I could have sworn was deleted. I was so excited to order my seeds I didn't think twice since I order online all the time and never have an address issues. Anyway, it was my error for not checking, I admit that. My issue is in their lack of customer service. I have called 6 times, left 4 voicemails, send 2 emails and 2 public FB posts. Not a single response. I see them posting all the time and commenting on other people's posts but they are ignoring mine. If there is a live person there, they are choosing to not help me. I have already called USPS, my local PO, and gone to my old address, which has since been torn down. USPS keeps telling me to check back the company I ordered from. I can't get anyone to call back! So I just threw away $15.00 for nothing.
Positive botanierra
Vernon, WI
March 10, 2014
A pretty much perfect experience. I don't know how it could have been better. We ordered 88 packages of seeds. Free shipping cause it was over $50. Came VERY quickly. I seriously think every single seed planted so far has sprouted. Amazing quality! I LOVE the 99cent deals. Who needs 250 broccoli seeds? The 99cent pack has 50. Organic. Non-GMO. Heirloom. What's not to love? I will be telling all my friends.
Positive bacardi870
Casey, IA
March 6, 2014
After putting in a $240 seed & supply order from johnnys seeds...I still felt like I didn't have everything in the way of seeds because I didn't want to pay $ 4 for a pack just to try a few seeds. Then I saw a comment on a website about seedsnow's sample packs. WOW 99 cents for packs that were geared towards a gardener who wants to try new things.

I was really happy when I ordered late Friday & it was processed monday in California and showed up Wednesday in my Iowa mailbox.

And this was a good sized order. I ordered 56 sample packs. But was able to qualify for the free shipping after $40 and a coupon code that saved me 10 percent. For the 56 items I ordered I paid total of $46 and was pleasantly surprised to see they threw in a free pack of endive and several coupons for my next purchase. Nice.

It came in a nice bubble protected envelope. The packs of seeds were all in nice, heavy, clear zip lock pouches that had a picture of the plant, germination rates & times. They included a print out of my order that included pictures of each variety that was hand chked and even had a hand written "thank you. Happy Planting!" And a smiley face :)

I was really rather shocked after I started looking at some of the packs as compared to Johnnys. There were two in particular that caught my eye. The first was the pepperoncini that I had ordered from both companies. From seeds now.com I received 20 seeds for .99 and from Johnnys I received 30 seeds for $4. And actually Johnnys is backordered so im still waiting on that one. The second variety I ordered from both companies was Bouquet Dill and same thing....almost the same amt of seeds for a quarter of the price.

I ordered those two varieties bc I wanted to compare then thru the season. So far I have no reason to think seedsnow seeds won't preform just as well as johnnys but for much less. I will comment again in fall.

Honestly I wish I had looked around more before I took motherearth.coms advice on the best seed company to use and tried seedsnow first. They seem like a really efficient and well put together company that charges a more than reasonable price.

The only thing I wish they would do is revamp their website bc it really just contains the most basic of information.

I will definitely be looking at seedsnow first next year.

Negative tomtara
Pittsburgh, PA
February 27, 2014
I placed an order and one of the items I received was incorrect. I called the number provided on their website a couple of times, but I keep getting a message that no one is available and to leave a message. The second time I called I left a message, but no one ever got back to me and this was well over a week ago. I also sent them an email and again no response.
Positive spydarop
Oak Park, IL
January 1, 2014
Ordered for the first time from this store about a month ago. The website is pretty fun to shop on. I used the Seed Finder heavily. They have 99-cent sampler packs, many of which had generous amounts of seed (e.g. 280 seeds of Little Fingers carrots).

Seeds arrived on time, and were labeled nicely. So far all I've grown is alfalfa sprouts. They sprouted very well, so I'm confident everything else will do the same.

Positive wmpeebles
Spring, TX
February 19, 2013
I was surprised this company wasn't already on the Garden Watchdog when I received my order of seeds because they are deserving of some recognition. Usually I peruse the Watchdog to find seed suppliers that I can trust, but when I was referred to buying seed here from several people on Facebook I couldn't resist trying SeedsNow.com out!

At first glance, they don't have much in terms of rare or unique seeds, but I did find great joy in the 99 cent sampler packs which I found to be perfect for my purposes. I have a small garden and these sampler packs are cheap and sufficient so I'm able to plant enough of what I want and not have to be stuck with a bunch of extra seed. They also sell packs of seed in Medium and Large sizes, being able to accommodate gardens of many sizes. However, I'm not sure if they sell wholesale or not.

I placed my order of seeds on Friday 2/8/13 and received them the following Friday on 2/15/13. The shipping was slower than the shipping I received on two other seeds orders I made on the same Friday (2/8), but then again a week from placement of order to receiving it in the mail is still pretty good timing and the other seed places are located in different areas. So I'm not complaining here.

When I opened my package of seeds I was impressed. The seeds were beautifully packaged and organized in a bubble-wrapped mailer along with a free (and unexpected) 'Large Red' cherry tomato starter pack which also contained one coir pellet. It also contained a coupon for another order, but I can't recall what it mentioned as it accidentally got thrown away. Nonetheless, the neat packaging and the free cherry tomato seeds were nice touches even though they definitely weren't necessary. The invoice was also notably marked up with two check marks (one in blue marker and one in blue pen) by each seed packet I ordered, indicating that they took the time to ensure my order was correct, which I appreciate.

Some other things to note that I found interesting is that all of their seeds came shipped in small, relatively thick plastic bags, labeled with the name and picture of the seed as well as approximate number of seeds in each package with estimated days seeds take to germinate. What I found pretty unique was that they also listed germination rate and purity followed by the month the seed was tested. Frankly I'm not sure what this all means. Out of the 13 packages of seed I received all of them listed germination at 85% and purity at 99% with months of seed being tested as far back as June of 2012 (Fennel), but most seed was tested December 2012 and January 2013. I appreciate this unique information, but I'm not really sure how to use it. Perhaps if they are going to include this information on the seed packages, maybe they could explain their testing procedures and methods as well. It would seem fitting.

But nonetheless, I'm pleased with my order and I'm sure I'll order again in the future. I definitely recommend this company to others who are hoping to buy seed at a very reasonable price!