The scoop on 'SeedsNow.com'

SeedsNow.com

Green Star: Good SeedsNow.com is a Watchdog 30 company. Green Star: Good

P.O. BOX 1820
Thousand Oaks, California 91358 (United States)

Phone: 1-877-344-4669

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Comments:

Positive LuanneG
La Vergne, TN
July 14, 2015
My order was handled perfect and shipped fast. So now enjoying watching as my seeds develop into a great garden. Also there customer service (Monica) was truly outstanding. She kept in contact to be sure my order arrived and everything went well. Give that lady a bonus. You don't find that kind of CS anymore.
Positive TammyW66
Safety Harbor, FL
July 12, 2015
Hi, I have been buying seeds from Seedsnow.com for a little over 3 years. I love this company :) When I first started buying seeds there was not much description and they ran out of things fast. Over time they have blossomed in to a beautiful company, with pictures of full grown plants, much more in the descriptions and you can shop by zones. I purchase a lot of different seeds from a lot of websites. Absolutely none are as easy as Seedsnow. There customer service has always been awesome help, so has every one else in the company. I have never had any trouble with seeds sprouting. And the price you can not beat. Keep up the good work Seedsnow.com. You all are awesome. :) Sincerely Tammy Williams
Positive adharris411
West Orange, NJ
July 11, 2015
SeedsNow has offered quality product that exceeds what they advertise. I mean many of my seeds started to sprout after only two days. Being new to gardening I also appreciate the useful information it supplies as well. They have a lifetime customer.
Positive Reverend8913
Post Falls, ID
July 10, 2015
I have had absolutely positive experiences with this company! I've ordered several times from them and I keep coming back. They are fast, accurate, friendly (hugs to Monica!) and wonderful to deal with. I've never had any problems and will continue to shop with them. I also love the fact that their seeds are GMO free!

I just picked some fresh peas, grown from their seeds, and they are the best I've honestly ever eaten!!

Thank you!

Rev. Shelley
Positive LisaAndrea
Fort Lauderdale, FL
July 9, 2015
Very helpful, friendly and accommodating customer care, prompt delivery service - my order was delivered in less than 4 days!

My seeds were delivered intact and packaged nicely. The amount of seeds received were true to what was stated in the description when purchasing, which is a big deal as sometimes you get less than what is said to be given from other sellers.

I am very excited to get planting my new seeds! Will definitely be buying again from SeedsNow as I received such great service from them. Already planning my second order list!

Positive daria93
South Plainfield, NJ
July 9, 2015
I've ordered a couple times from here and loved it every time. They offer sample packs for about one dollar and they're great for if you're just starting out with a plant and want to see how it will grow. In my most recent purchase I ordered kale and rainbow chard sprouts and they've grown wonderfully and taste great. I'll probably try growing those indoors all year to save on buying sprouts from the grocery store since they can get expensive. Overall I really like this company, they'll probably end up becoming the only place I'll buy seeds from at this point since I like their small business feel and I find the quality of their seeds really good.
Positive DSundsten
Idyllwild, CA
July 9, 2015
Nothing but wonderful things to say about SeedsNow. They have an amazing customer service dept, the seeds are beautiful, and my garden is looking amazing! Since this was my first time ordering, I took advantage and purchased a bunch of the .99cent sample packs, ALL of which have germinated beautifully, were plentiful, and are doing wonderful! Their website has tons of cool information that is helpful and lots of nice gift ideas. If your looking for great customer service, beautiful seeds, a helpful and easy to navigate website, and TRUE non GMO seeds, this is the best place to shop!
Positive pril
Lincoln Park, MI
July 9, 2015
Normally I buy the ones at the store that are already started dig them into the ground and watch my crops grow or fail. Well i got scared with the GMO and started to wonder if my crops were really organic. I assume they are not since no one has a clue to the answer.
I found Seedsnow at the start of this year had no clue what to expect. I placed an order received it rather quickly. so quick i had to just look at the seeds for a few months prior to planting. They list the germination rate on the package. They gave me a free tomato plant. They list more info on the page they have. One wish is their website could show more photos of their awesome product .. hosting that on their site.

Now I have planted these seeds and they have taken me away. They grow great taste great and I couldn't be happier. They even personalize it with a cute little hand written smile on the order form with a thank you. You know sometimes the little things can make you feel like the only customer i really felt like it was one on one!

my new one stop shop for my garden!!! Thank you
Positive jplante66
edmonton
Canada
July 8, 2015
I only just discovered them this year and I love this company. I've already ordered from them several times. They are prompt, efficient, I love the packaging, they have thrown in free gifts that I appreciate and the personal attention is outstanding, very friendly staff. The seeds themselves, great germination rate. I expected to lose a few in the germination process but actually ended up getting every one of the cuke, tomato and okra seeds I planted to grow. The plants are very healthy, very large, loaded with flowers and I look foward to my harvest. I will definitely be ordering from them yearly now. Great company! Nothing but good experiences with them.
Positive cstickle
Crowley, TX
July 8, 2015
I've been using seedsnow.com for several years and they are wonderful. They offer heirloom and non-gmo seeds, which today with Monsanto buying up all seed companies, it's rare to find. I've never had a problem with any shipment, and the orders always arrive quickly.
Positive peanut2101
Atlantic Highlands, NJ
May 6, 2015
Wow! is all I can say! about this company! I first heard about seedsnow.com on Charlie McGraths show, rense.com. I ordered a seed bank in late 2010!!!! and have been planting them since, and have always harvested the finest most delicious produce from these high quality seeds! This spring the 2010 seeds have popped through the soil with my beautiful green babies! at the same near 100% germination rate as when I first planted in spring 2011!!!!!!!!! All I do is keep the seeds in the dark and no moisture storage box, never frozen.

Their owner and customer service is the best I have ever dealt with. I sent a picture in one year of my purple turnips the size of softballs! I then received a complimentary mailer full of more seeds! from seeds.com . Many thanks again!

I am truly amazed by your seeds and continue to tell all I can about seedsnow.com
Positive kbyrne
Muskegon, MI
April 15, 2015
Two seasons of trying out this company proved to be successful. Arrived on time and secure,
Positive cluckhut
MacMinnville, OR
April 10, 2015
Awesome customer service , cool contests, fast shipping , & very affordable products !
Positive tropvine
Suffolk, VA
January 25, 2015
Seeds arrived in about a week. Some seeds that I ordered can not be found in local garden centers. Although it's too early here in zone 7 to plant what I ordered, all the seeds look to be clean and in good shape. Even received 3 coupons of $3.00 off on the next order. The price is right folks, and I had a free shipping code. Now we all need to think spring.
Positive Randywg73
Pensacola, FL
December 30, 2014
Placed my order during the holidays and experienced incredible shipping time and customer service. All seeds were stored and shipped properly in sealed bags and enjoyed shopping on their very informative website. Excellent seed company and highly recommend this company.
Randy
Positive LeeWay1
East Wenatchee, WA
December 30, 2014
I ordered from SeedsNow for the first time last year and was very pleased! I have ordered from several other highly ranked companies with no complaints but, in comparison, I was much happier with the yield and germination rate from SeedsNow.

This year, I had a small computer glitch that was resolved entirely to my satisfaction within 24 hours.

SeedsNow is now my go-to, first choice seed company. I will continue to pick up orphans and unavailable stock from other sources when necessary. However, another plus, I found only two items I had to order elsewhere this year. In talking to other avid gardeners on Facebook I was (again) surprised to find several who also love the service, quality and selection of SeedsNow. I highly and unabashedly recommend them!
Positive anthonyrivera
Gilbert, AZ
December 29, 2014
I have ordered seeds online from SeedsNow! and Have been never been more impressed by quick reliable service with intimate customer service. Packaging & labeling is Professional and the bags the seeds in are great for storage, They provide 10/10 service in my book
Positive hchase114
Antioch, TN
December 27, 2014
I was very pleased with my experience. The website was extremely informative and user friendly. When my order arrived it was complete and neatly packaged. I received exactly what I order and was not disappointed with the product that i received.
Positive seedexchange
Bend, OR
December 26, 2014
Great experience my first time ordering seed! Easy to use website, helpful "shopping cart", on-line chat with quick results, beautiful guides to plant/seed selection and very fast shipping! I would recommend using this website as a resource and ordering tool for any level of grower!
Positive moh1984
Highland Springs, VA
December 24, 2014
I ordered from Seedsnow after seeing all the positive reviews about them. The seeds were shipped fast and packaged well. I also changed my mind about a type of radish that I ordered and want it exchanged, I emailed them the same day and they took care of it.
Overall a very good experience. I still haven't tried the seeds yet, so we will see :)
Positive tracyvinson
Okeechobee, FL
December 21, 2014
I was new to the site and was prompted by Monica to see she could help me in any way. She was very helpful and pleasant. She made my experience a well informed one and also made it enjoyable to get some answers which isn't always the case. I was already excited to deal with a company that was promoting non GMO products and now I feel even better about it, because it seems their customer service is wonderful as well. Thank you Monica for your time and information. I look forward to many dealing with this company! Happy Customer, Tracy
Positive ceegee607
Richmond, VA
December 19, 2014
I ordered from Seedsnow after reading the reviews on this site. I am so glad that I did. My order arrived quickly. It was well packaged and it was correct.I like the personal touch of hand writing me a Happy Holiday and Thank you. I will be using them again.
Merry Xmas and Happy New Year
Ceegee
Positive dkgsSpace
Murfreesboro, AR
December 19, 2014
I have made 3 different orders from SeedsNow and have no problems. The products are of good quality and have always been satisfying for me. Will continue use this company.
Positive m_morales
Winnetka, CA
December 19, 2014
SeedsNow donated a very generous amount of seeds to my club organization for my school. We were very pleased with their donation and their products have worked wonderfully. My colleagues were very happy with the results! We Love SeedsNow!
Positive countryseed
Collinsville, IL
December 19, 2014
First time order here, arrived quickly, packed well ..I 'm pleased with my order.....
Positive Kyshietahla
Ellabell, GA (Zone 8b)
December 19, 2014
Ordered from this site about two weeks ago or so on a whim though I had been poking around through their content for months now. I tried growing things from seeds at local store (Home Depot) however wanted to try something known to be pure. I haven't had a chance yet to grow the seeds but they come in tiny clear ziplock bags with individualized labels for each. I intend to try to grow from these seeds and use the same packaging for storing some for next season. The shipment was delivered super quick and along with the raised beds that I got everything looked great and had great quality. One of the raised beds I ordered was out of stock in the color I chose and they called me to confirm a different color or to not get the item at all. I selected an alternate color and the package arrived a couple of days later. Couple days after I received it I got an email from them asking how everything was and if I was satisfied. I am greatly pleased especially since when I replied to the email with some questions about some other items they sell I got a response within 2 days. The layout of their site and the presentation of the articles and guides is especially great for those like me that are new to gardening. From someone that works in customer service, I have nothing but rave reviews for this site and those that work there.
Positive GreenLab
Torrington, CT
December 18, 2014
Of all the seed vendors I've purchased from through the years, seedsnow.com is hands down the most reliable. Their shipping is lightning quick, they have everything I'm looking to grow and the proof is in the pudding - their seeds definitely sprout. The customer service is top tier. Their website is comprehensive, yet easy to navigate. And to top it all off they always throw you a sampler of something new to try when you place an order.
Positive lesa814
Killeen, TX
December 18, 2014
I live in Central Texas and I have ordered my seeds from seeds now for two years. They have always be very easy to work and send emails once you have received your order. I would personally tell anyone who ask me where to get their seeds, to order here. So if you all from fort hood area, wonder where to get seed that actually grow and need a good company to trust.START HERE... Seeds Now is the best I love them.
Positive Sarahjeanne
Gary, IN
November 28, 2014
This company is amazing! You receive your order so fast, it's always correct, the people who answer the phone are sweet and very helpful!! I won't order from anywhere else! They'll have my business forever!!
Positive Bonchi
Hutchinson, KS
November 18, 2014
This by far has been my best experience with a seed company online! My seeds have done especially well. Costumer support is amazing! They helped me with all of my questions. Just wanted to take time and give thanks.
Positive MarkinCT
Danbury, CT
United States
November 15, 2014
Mike was very pleasant to email with and I now have a nice variety of heirloom tomato seeds to work with for the spring for very little money. Good experience all around. Fast shipping.

Mark in CT
Negative seamripper
Houston, TX
May 24, 2014
I placed an order on the 15th for about $15.00 worth of seeds. My computer's auto address fill in put my old address which I could have sworn was deleted. I was so excited to order my seeds I didn't think twice since I order online all the time and never have an address issues. Anyway, it was my error for not checking, I admit that. My issue is in their lack of customer service. I have called 6 times, left 4 voicemails, send 2 emails and 2 public FB posts. Not a single response. I see them posting all the time and commenting on other people's posts but they are ignoring mine. If there is a live person there, they are choosing to not help me. I have already called USPS, my local PO, and gone to my old address, which has since been torn down. USPS keeps telling me to check back the company I ordered from. I can't get anyone to call back! So I just threw away $15.00 for nothing.
Positive botanierra
Vernon, WI
March 10, 2014
A pretty much perfect experience. I don't know how it could have been better. We ordered 88 packages of seeds. Free shipping cause it was over $50. Came VERY quickly. I seriously think every single seed planted so far has sprouted. Amazing quality! I LOVE the 99cent deals. Who needs 250 broccoli seeds? The 99cent pack has 50. Organic. Non-GMO. Heirloom. What's not to love? I will be telling all my friends.
Positive bacardi870
Casey, IA
March 6, 2014
After putting in a $240 seed & supply order from johnnys seeds...I still felt like I didn't have everything in the way of seeds because I didn't want to pay $ 4 for a pack just to try a few seeds. Then I saw a comment on a website about seedsnow's sample packs. WOW 99 cents for packs that were geared towards a gardener who wants to try new things.

I was really happy when I ordered late Friday & it was processed monday in California and showed up Wednesday in my Iowa mailbox.

And this was a good sized order. I ordered 56 sample packs. But was able to qualify for the free shipping after $40 and a coupon code that saved me 10 percent. For the 56 items I ordered I paid total of $46 and was pleasantly surprised to see they threw in a free pack of endive and several coupons for my next purchase. Nice.

It came in a nice bubble protected envelope. The packs of seeds were all in nice, heavy, clear zip lock pouches that had a picture of the plant, germination rates & times. They included a print out of my order that included pictures of each variety that was hand chked and even had a hand written "thank you. Happy Planting!" And a smiley face :)

I was really rather shocked after I started looking at some of the packs as compared to Johnnys. There were two in particular that caught my eye. The first was the pepperoncini that I had ordered from both companies. From seeds now.com I received 20 seeds for .99 and from Johnnys I received 30 seeds for $4. And actually Johnnys is backordered so im still waiting on that one. The second variety I ordered from both companies was Bouquet Dill and same thing....almost the same amt of seeds for a quarter of the price.

I ordered those two varieties bc I wanted to compare then thru the season. So far I have no reason to think seedsnow seeds won't preform just as well as johnnys but for much less. I will comment again in fall.

Honestly I wish I had looked around more before I took motherearth.coms advice on the best seed company to use and tried seedsnow first. They seem like a really efficient and well put together company that charges a more than reasonable price.

The only thing I wish they would do is revamp their website bc it really just contains the most basic of information.

I will definitely be looking at seedsnow first next year.

Negative tomtara
Pittsburgh, PA
February 27, 2014
I placed an order and one of the items I received was incorrect. I called the number provided on their website a couple of times, but I keep getting a message that no one is available and to leave a message. The second time I called I left a message, but no one ever got back to me and this was well over a week ago. I also sent them an email and again no response.
Positive spydarop
Oak Park, IL
January 1, 2014
Ordered for the first time from this store about a month ago. The website is pretty fun to shop on. I used the Seed Finder heavily. They have 99-cent sampler packs, many of which had generous amounts of seed (e.g. 280 seeds of Little Fingers carrots).

Seeds arrived on time, and were labeled nicely. So far all I've grown is alfalfa sprouts. They sprouted very well, so I'm confident everything else will do the same.

Positive wmpeebles
Spring, TX
February 19, 2013
I was surprised this company wasn't already on the Garden Watchdog when I received my order of seeds because they are deserving of some recognition. Usually I peruse the Watchdog to find seed suppliers that I can trust, but when I was referred to buying seed here from several people on Facebook I couldn't resist trying SeedsNow.com out!

At first glance, they don't have much in terms of rare or unique seeds, but I did find great joy in the 99 cent sampler packs which I found to be perfect for my purposes. I have a small garden and these sampler packs are cheap and sufficient so I'm able to plant enough of what I want and not have to be stuck with a bunch of extra seed. They also sell packs of seed in Medium and Large sizes, being able to accommodate gardens of many sizes. However, I'm not sure if they sell wholesale or not.

I placed my order of seeds on Friday 2/8/13 and received them the following Friday on 2/15/13. The shipping was slower than the shipping I received on two other seeds orders I made on the same Friday (2/8), but then again a week from placement of order to receiving it in the mail is still pretty good timing and the other seed places are located in different areas. So I'm not complaining here.

When I opened my package of seeds I was impressed. The seeds were beautifully packaged and organized in a bubble-wrapped mailer along with a free (and unexpected) 'Large Red' cherry tomato starter pack which also contained one coir pellet. It also contained a coupon for another order, but I can't recall what it mentioned as it accidentally got thrown away. Nonetheless, the neat packaging and the free cherry tomato seeds were nice touches even though they definitely weren't necessary. The invoice was also notably marked up with two check marks (one in blue marker and one in blue pen) by each seed packet I ordered, indicating that they took the time to ensure my order was correct, which I appreciate.

Some other things to note that I found interesting is that all of their seeds came shipped in small, relatively thick plastic bags, labeled with the name and picture of the seed as well as approximate number of seeds in each package with estimated days seeds take to germinate. What I found pretty unique was that they also listed germination rate and purity followed by the month the seed was tested. Frankly I'm not sure what this all means. Out of the 13 packages of seed I received all of them listed germination at 85% and purity at 99% with months of seed being tested as far back as June of 2012 (Fennel), but most seed was tested December 2012 and January 2013. I appreciate this unique information, but I'm not really sure how to use it. Perhaps if they are going to include this information on the seed packages, maybe they could explain their testing procedures and methods as well. It would seem fitting.

But nonetheless, I'm pleased with my order and I'm sure I'll order again in the future. I definitely recommend this company to others who are hoping to buy seed at a very reasonable price!

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]